Subject: "National Celebration this Saturday. txt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1032
Show all folders

LarcatMon 12-Mar-07 02:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1032, "National Celebration this Saturday. txt"

My family unit and I are proud National Corn Dog Day hosts this year in sunny Chicago Illinois. Natl. Corn Dog day is this upcoming saturday, March 17th. If you are interested in attending this important national holiday, email me at larcat@larcat.com

http://www.corndogday.com/parties?filter0=68&filter1=**ALL**&filter2=31

We are Rogers Park "Dog the Park" Blues, Corndogs, Tots-N-Beer Extravaganza

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!, Sebeok, 12-Mar-07 05:56 PM, #1
     Reply What, Delaware? nt, Nivek1, 12-Mar-07 06:25 PM, #2
     Reply Hah, Sebeok, 12-Mar-07 06:29 PM, #3
          Reply No ####? Cardiff?, GinGa, 13-Mar-07 06:00 AM, #6
               Reply North Cardiff yeah, Sebeok, 13-Mar-07 07:36 AM, #8
     Reply I am *all* for people drunkenly hollering Slainte.... t..., Larcat, 12-Mar-07 06:59 PM, #4
     Reply I'm very curious to know..., GinGa, 13-Mar-07 05:57 AM, #7
          Reply See post under the other scandinavian. nt, Larcat, 13-Mar-07 09:43 AM, #10
               Reply Your Scandinavia sure is large, DurNominator, 14-Mar-07 02:48 AM, #11
                    Reply Yhorian isn't swedish? nt, Larcat, 14-Mar-07 07:40 AM, #12
                         Reply English born and bred., GinGa, 14-Mar-07 07:54 AM, #13
     Reply National Corn Dog is American English and means St. Pat..., DurNominator, 13-Mar-07 12:05 AM, #5
     Reply Pretty much, the difference however txt, Larcat, 13-Mar-07 09:42 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!, Zargu, 21-Mar-07 09:32 PM, #14

SebeokMon 12-Mar-07 05:56 PM
940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1033, "Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!"
In response to Reply #0

National Corn Dog Day? Pshaw.
And here I am stuck in a foreign country working instead of in my favorite Irish pub on Saturday.

Nivek1Mon 12-Mar-07 06:25 PM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1034, "What, Delaware? nt"
In response to Reply #1

SebeokMon 12-Mar-07 06:29 PM
940 posts
#1035, "Hah"
In response to Reply #2

I wish - in Wales for a couple weeks.

GinGaTue 13-Mar-07 05:54 AM
996 posts
#1038, "No ####? Cardiff?"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 13-Mar-07 06:00 AM

On St.Paddys, definetly hit Cardiff centre on a pub crawl. I frequent Lloyd's bar over where the theatre is (same road as the Hilton, opposite the museum) - and can recommend it for a friendly environment. If you're short of peeps to party with, you are welcome to join me and my student friends!

Yhorian.

Edit - Be warned, since my birthday is March 19th and everyone is still paralytic(Blarney!) about then, all St.Paddys have had an evil duel purpose. I don't think I've actually paid for a single pint of guiness in these past five years.

SebeokTue 13-Mar-07 07:36 AM
940 posts
#1040, "North Cardiff yeah"
In response to Reply #6

Been staying at the Miskin Manor since I got here but they're booked up all weekend because of the rugby match. Gotta move to another hotel in Bridgend I think (may go to Swansea instead, not sure) for the weekend. I know exactly where you're talking about, was down in Cardiff all day Sunday - was planning on going back to Cardiff Saturday because its supposed to be nuts due to the rugby match, but now it looks like I'm probably working most of that day.

LarcatMon 12-Mar-07 06:59 PM
495 posts
#1036, "I am *all* for people drunkenly hollering Slainte.... t..."
In response to Reply #1

While eating corn dogs and tater tots and swilling domestic.

GinGaTue 13-Mar-07 05:57 AM
996 posts
#1039, "I'm very curious to know..."
In response to Reply #4

How a product such as a 'corn dog' (I've seen them, but had to use the pedia-files to find out what exactly they were) gets its own national day.

I don't think I could honestly enjoy a corn dog. Bring on national Cheese+chips day and I can enjoy it with my bottled Guiness wearing a big green hat.

LarcatTue 13-Mar-07 09:43 AM
495 posts
#1042, "See post under the other scandinavian. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

DurNominatorWed 14-Mar-07 02:48 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1044, "Your Scandinavia sure is large"
In response to Reply #10

Seeing how you include both Finland and England into it.

LarcatWed 14-Mar-07 07:40 AM
495 posts
#1045, "Yhorian isn't swedish? nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

GinGaWed 14-Mar-07 07:54 AM
996 posts
#1046, "English born and bred."
In response to Reply #12

Asside from living abroad for most of my life, I'm 100% british meat, no mad cow. And as might be apparent, currently a resident of South Wales.

Yhorian.

DurNominatorTue 13-Mar-07 12:05 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1037, "National Corn Dog is American English and means St. Pat..."
In response to Reply #1

What? It's quite straightforward reasoning.

LarcatTue 13-Mar-07 09:42 AM
495 posts
#1041, "Pretty much, the difference however txt"
In response to Reply #5

Is that if you say you are celebrating Corn Dog Day, Foster Farms (txt) will send you a metric ####ton of corndogs, free!

http://www.fosterfarms.com/products/corndogs.asp

ZarguWed 21-Mar-07 09:32 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1058, "RE: Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!"
In response to Reply #1

Damn irish people! nt

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1032 Previous topic | Next topic