Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectNational Celebration this Saturday. txt
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1032
1032, National Celebration this Saturday. txt
Posted by Larcat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My family unit and I are proud National Corn Dog Day hosts this year in sunny Chicago Illinois. Natl. Corn Dog day is this upcoming saturday, March 17th. If you are interested in attending this important national holiday, email me at larcat@larcat.com

http://www.corndogday.com/parties?filter0=68&filter1=**ALL**&filter2=31

We are Rogers Park "Dog the Park" Blues, Corndogs, Tots-N-Beer Extravaganza
1033, Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!
Posted by Sebeok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
National Corn Dog Day? Pshaw.
And here I am stuck in a foreign country working instead of in my favorite Irish pub on Saturday.
1034, What, Delaware? nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1035, Hah
I wish - in Wales for a couple weeks.
1038, No ####? Cardiff?
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On St.Paddys, definetly hit Cardiff centre on a pub crawl. I frequent Lloyd's bar over where the theatre is (same road as the Hilton, opposite the museum) - and can recommend it for a friendly environment. If you're short of peeps to party with, you are welcome to join me and my student friends!

Yhorian.

Edit - Be warned, since my birthday is March 19th and everyone is still paralytic(Blarney!) about then, all St.Paddys have had an evil duel purpose. I don't think I've actually paid for a single pint of guiness in these past five years.
1040, North Cardiff yeah
Been staying at the Miskin Manor since I got here but they're booked up all weekend because of the rugby match. Gotta move to another hotel in Bridgend I think (may go to Swansea instead, not sure) for the weekend. I know exactly where you're talking about, was down in Cardiff all day Sunday - was planning on going back to Cardiff Saturday because its supposed to be nuts due to the rugby match, but now it looks like I'm probably working most of that day.
1036, I am *all* for people drunkenly hollering Slainte.... txt
While eating corn dogs and tater tots and swilling domestic.
1039, I'm very curious to know...
How a product such as a 'corn dog' (I've seen them, but had to use the pedia-files to find out what exactly they were) gets its own national day.

I don't think I could honestly enjoy a corn dog. Bring on national Cheese+chips day and I can enjoy it with my bottled Guiness wearing a big green hat.

1042, See post under the other scandinavian. nt
nt
1044, Your Scandinavia sure is large
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seeing how you include both Finland and England into it.
1045, Yhorian isn't swedish? nt
nt
1046, English born and bred.
Asside from living abroad for most of my life, I'm 100% british meat, no mad cow. And as might be apparent, currently a resident of South Wales.

Yhorian.
1037, National Corn Dog is American English and means St. Patrick. nt
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What? It's quite straightforward reasoning.
1041, Pretty much, the difference however txt
Is that if you say you are celebrating Corn Dog Day, Foster Farms (txt) will send you a metric ####ton of corndogs, free!

http://www.fosterfarms.com/products/corndogs.asp
1058, RE: Yeah its called St. Patricks Day!
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn irish people! nt