Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Barath the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99851
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 03-Jun-11 09:00 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99851, "(DELETED) [None] Barath the Legend of the Battlefield"

Fri Jun 3 09:00:01 2011

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Barath perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:121

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MurphyFri 03-Jun-11 02:10 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99852, "I roll a character based on a joke and..."
In response to Reply #0

...look, he gets into a cabal, makes it to hero and even gets a few PKs (I think two or three, ain't sure).

Long story short, when I played Faeshu, some prank in the Inn involved me eating a dead bug. I think after that Palia used locate object to find foods that contained bugs and it somehow yielded Nankorf (I'd like to know what you typed there, eh!). Mockery of "dwarf-raised felar" ensued So I thought to myself, I'll show you what a Felar raised by dwarves would look like. And I rolled Barath.

As dwarf stereotypes suggest, I was aiming for "good but not nice" RP, but I failed miserably, was still occasionally saying nice things and being too soft. Dwarftalk and excessive drinking are fun though, I enjoyed them.

As a warrior you can't just go and hang out somewhere for indefinite amount of time without fear of being stalked/robbed/surprised the hell out of. I didn't explore a lot, as a result. I also hated tribunal duties, the cabal is fun in theory but ugly in practice, I couldn't get comfortable with it. Another time perhaps.

So yeah, I asked for uninduction, and I had some of my best time uncaballed. Some fun here and there helping out people, some mindless group-on-group PK I had no business participating in, but did anyway. Eventually though I realized that I'm not really interested in developing this character. I should have stayed uncaballed right from the start. Maybe picked a different build to suit that choice.

I think I got to know quite a lot of people, for such a small hour count and being a tribby who sits at his guild 90% of the time. Maybe I'll post some goodbyes later if anyone would care...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99851 Previous topic | Next topic