Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99717
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 30-May-11 12:04 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99717, "(DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker"

Mon May 30 12:03:17 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Edylaen perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:thief
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Couple of quick goodbyes, Edylaen (Anonymous), 30-May-11 11:12 PM, #8
Reply RE: Couple of quick goodbyes, Hraustr (Anonymous), 31-May-11 12:14 AM, #9
Reply Bummer!, Nnaeshuk, 30-May-11 07:57 PM, #6
Reply Thanks!, Edylaen (Anonymous), 30-May-11 10:57 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker, Nourn, 30-May-11 06:04 PM, #4
Reply Just read your pbf. nevermind. nt, Nourn, 30-May-11 06:32 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker, Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 30-May-11 12:28 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker, Edylaen (Anonymous), 30-May-11 12:52 PM, #3
Reply Really loved being a pain in everyone's @$$, Edylaen (Anonymous), 30-May-11 12:05 PM, #1

Edylaen (inactive user)Mon 30-May-11 11:12 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Jehb - Sorry I didn't stick around longer.

Hraustr - My plan was for more of a love-hate relationship to develop. I wanted to seduce you and then utterly reject you to crush your spirit. I'm sorry I never got that chance, but our times didn't seem to mesh recently.

Nevaelle - I built a huge part of my role around you. You ended up becoming the centerpiece to my plan to destroy Thera basically to show what a hypocrite you were for "loving" me and to show that it made so little of a difference to Edylaen. The irony is that Edylaen's hatred for your supposed unconditional love for her ended up impacting her whole life. Sorry I didn't stick around to develop this more.

Keller - Solid thief. Things seemed rough for you, though. Hope you're able to stick it out.

Wyndynne - I guess you can just keep that 330 gold you owe me. I probably gambled that much of your money away anyway. What an awesome High Herald. I love the card thing.

Karr - Such a thorn in my side. I enjoyed our fights. They kept me on my toes.

Cagubrak - It frustrated me that I never got to peek at your inventory, but "steal sword" and "steal 1." and "steal coins" were my friend. Surprised you didn't try to kill me a few times when I showed myself to you.

Skeeta - You were fun and I enjoyed our last conversation. I was actually surprised when I found out I couldn't steal effectively in the Inn. I didn't know that. Still, with steal and deft at 100%, I was successful about 50% of the time. It was definitely me who took the eagle staff back, and I think I grabbed something else before you caught me. Good RP and thanks for the mention in the paper.

Anyone that noticed stuff missing all of a sudden - Yep, that was probably me. Villagers probably took the brunt of that.

Hraustr (Anonymous)Tue 31-May-11 12:14 AM
Charter member
#99734, "RE: Couple of quick goodbyes"
In response to Reply #8

Heh, Hraustr is immune to seduction. I don't want to talk to much about it in order to keep things in game, but there is no chance a woman could really have any effect on him or his spirit. Other than that, I have nothing positive to say, so I won't.

NnaeshukMon 30-May-11 07:57 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99729, "Bummer!"
In response to Reply #0

This was one of the cooler roles I've read in awhile. Very well thought out and very different. I really dug it. I was curious as to where you would take it, especially since you were just mentioned in Skeeta's latest note. Best of luck with whatever's next.

Nae-nae!

Edylaen (inactive user)Mon 30-May-11 10:57 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #6

To elaborate just a little more on the role, my intention was to have a person who chose a path of evil because of circumstance, rather than by birth. Childhood innocence ruined by the messed up things adults do to them and the ability to embrace the darker paths in life using what was done as an excuse.

I tried to rp chaotic evil and tried to be unpredictable. I included various characters in my role, and tried to show some semblance of overall character cohesiveness, but I think that because I didn't have a cabal, operated as a griefer thief, and pissed so many people off, the character became kind of a chore near the end.

NournMon 30-May-11 06:04 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2010
17 posts
#99726, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker"
In response to Reply #0

Curious about your build. Saw a log of you. Were you thug up to gut shot, pick pocket up to acrobatics? If so how was pking solo? Did you have cheap shot or weapon trip?

NournMon 30-May-11 06:32 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2010
17 posts
#99727, "Just read your pbf. nevermind. nt"
In response to Reply #4

Nt

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Mon 30-May-11 12:28 PM
Charter member
#99719, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker"
In response to Reply #0

Whoa, this is a surprise! Having just chatted with the notorious pickpocket a few hours ago I was given no impression that a deletion was imminent - in fact I thought we'd be talking more today.

Too many enemies and not enough allies?

Edylaen (inactive user)Mon 30-May-11 12:52 PM
Charter member
#99720, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Edylaen the Lurker"
In response to Reply #2

Nope. I never really cared about dying because regearing really well was never a problem. Just felt like deleting and doing something else.

My only complaint with the paths I chose was exploring by myself was really difficult, thus the "fun" factor relied on other people being around.

Edylaen (inactive user)Mon 30-May-11 12:05 PM
Charter member
#99718, "Really loved being a pain in everyone's @$$"
In response to Reply #0

Your inventory is safe for now.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99717 Previous topic | Next topic