Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of Faith..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99464
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 24-May-11 07:08 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99464, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of Faith, Imperial High Priest"

Tue May 24 07:05:53 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Maugauth perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:139

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Surprise, it was me! (yeah right, no surprise there), Gaplemo, 24-May-11 02:46 PM, #6
Reply Boooo, Lohoq (Anonymous), 24-May-11 03:50 PM, #7
     Reply Great shadow, Gaplemo, 24-May-11 06:59 PM, #9
Reply So..., Rhone (Anonymous), 24-May-11 12:19 PM, #5
Reply Hilarious post., Tsunami, 24-May-11 05:22 PM, #8
Reply I agree with this, Gaplemo, 24-May-11 07:08 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..., Zandroth (Anonymous), 24-May-11 09:32 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..., Sivyh (Anonymous), 24-May-11 08:38 AM, #3
Reply Noooooo!, Mirrou (Anonymous), 24-May-11 07:41 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..., The Zaan (Anonymous), 24-May-11 07:12 AM, #1

GaplemoTue 24-May-11 02:46 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99488, "Surprise, it was me! (yeah right, no surprise there)"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not sure where I start this. I was extremely conflicted about deleting this character, but it basically came down to real life issues for the most part. Let me start by saying I love this game. I've been here since almost day one, and it always holds a special place in my heart. It is just a fantastic game. So kudos before hand to all the players and immortals that make this game a special place for we very few dedicated players.

Maugaugh was IMO, in many ways, my most successful character ever. I never died in pk, and to my knowledge, never to a mob death either. Fairly a tough thing to accomplish considering there were two major hell trips in there, so it was Satan or bust both times. I rolled him up because I felt I had unfinished business with the Gurgthock empowerment. Big shot out to Twist for giving me a second chance, when after betraying his trust the first time, I in no way, shape or form deserved it. So thanks big guy.

I tried to put on a very athoritive aura of nastiness and evil with Maug. Basically, i'm a really nice guy in real life. But Maug, Maug was a sadistic rapist asshole with absolutely no mercy. I tried to emit an aura of terror and fear with him, I wanted people to be creeped out in his presence. I know thats hard to do sometimes through mino speech at times, but hey, I tried. If I came off as an asshole in game, trust me, it was hard to do sometimes but the character would allow for nothing more. I have a conservative playstyle, and though I did not rack big numbers, It was immesnsely satisfying that thorugh all the close calls and calculated risks, nobody could ever finish me off. There were some close calls though.

For all the people that complain about the hell trips, to each his own. I enjoy exploring hell, but I guess I just burned myself out on it. Coordinating hell trips takes an immense amount of effort, time, and puts insane amounts of stress on me. I literally had to walk away from my keyboard for a few minutes at times just so my head wouldn't explode. I tried very hard to include everyone, newbie or vet, and we may have had the biggest trip ever with that last trip down. (17 people I think? Omg coordinating that was as insane as it gets. I felt like I was going to give myself an anuerism, especially with mino speech.) So I hope everybody got to enjoy what they could see, when they could see it. I wish I could have stuck it out and gave more people an opportunity to see more.

Well, on to some goodbyes. It's early, and I didn't get much sleep last night, so please, feel free to respond if I miss you and I will respond in kind. There is no way I can include everyone in one shot at a goodbye note.

-Imms-

Twist--You're by far my favorite imm in the game. Gurgthock empowerment was cool last time, but you really took the cake this time. Basically my empowerment consisted of Gurgthock showing up, some light RP, then he chained down an elven girl mob with magical bindings and made me rape her to death while he watched. I felt dirty as hell after that empowerment, but it topped the last empowerment as my most memorable ever.

Scarabaeus--What can I say? Thats the second interaction I have ever had with you in my life, the first being with my mummy when I was the first mummy hero, and you came down to briefly explain my powers to me. I saw you online, already had the satan tattoo, and said "what the hell, no risk, no reward". The knowledge you shared in game with me was really awesome, I found it super cool you would be willing to part with a secret that immense just because someone asked you. I really appriciate you giving me the time of day. Good luck with the hell revamp, I will be back to test your work at some point in the future.

Other imms--Big shout out for Daev, and Zulg for the coding time they put in behind the scenes. Another big shout out to team heroimm....you guys are the new breed and great with interactions/RP, and will only add good things to the game. Keep on trucking.

-Empire-

Sivyh--Awesome Emperor, I really liked you. As far as the loyalty thing goes, I was absolutely sincere about it. It's one thing to bump someone from a sect leader position if you have to, it is a complete other thing to bump someone from Emperor. It almost insures the person that has Emperor at the time gets anathemaed, and as a player, I cannot be the guy that ruins someone hard work like that. I really enjoyed being around you, and you were totally safe with me around, 100%. That I promise. Very well done man.

The Zaan--The closest thing Maug had to a friend. Awesome character, more than awesome RP involved. I literally would laugh at the #### you would say and do, and you made this character immensely enjoyable to me. There was nobody I would rather run with in Maugs life, and I felt any two on two fight, you and me could have handled them if prepared properly. You were part of the reason I felt unstoppable at times. Keep trucking man, and I'm sorry I did not get to stick around to get you that certain item I promised you in game that I know you wanted so bad. I'm sure youll get it.

Norrington--Dope shadow lord. You loaded me up so much on gold early in life to push me to the seat it was obsurd. 2k gold I think it was? I basically never had to donate in my entire life again, which made being an imperial MUCH easier on me than it should have been. Thanks for the help, sorry Maug sort of turned on you later, but I never really knew if I could trust you, almost like you were trying to buy me into your pocket.

Farror--Very skilled and elite healer. By far the most skilled healer I thought I had, but I never really got that feeling from you that you were a threat to overthrow me. I was sort of waiting for the signs but they never came. You were Maugs "Favorite" priest.

Zandroth--Awesome priest of Enlilth...just awesome. As a player, I felt terrible, just terrible, about demoting you. But honestly, don't take it personally. I was looking for ANY reason to demote someone to put my hoof down and show people I meant business. I repromoted you as soon as it would allow me, and for what its worth, you were in Maugs eyes, the biggest threat to his seat. Keep up the good work.

Oringus--You and me butted heads like no other. Man, there were some times I just wanted to drop a nice solid rot on you for even suggesting the tactics you did. We had some good times, but my conservative playstyle did not allow for your suicidal tendacies

Vinq--Not a bad healer of Enlilth, I put you in elite because I knew you were absolutely no threat to me. You saved my ass a couple times and for that, I thank you. Good job in hell.

Draktah, Jaljubak, Skenhog, Robveral, Astrex--I played very little with all of you. I was constantly hearing from my divines and other imperials that you guys were plotting against me, and even looking to betray me for an arch devil in hell. Glad you didn't, guarantee if imperials turned on me for an arch devil in hell the anathema list would have came right out, and everyones name involved would have been on it. Benifets of being high priest, is you can order the other sects around as much as you want with the exception of sect leaders, and demote/anathema at will outside the sect if needed. Other than that, some strong blades right now.

Cotzibue--Sorry about the sacrifice man, but it came down to needing every single other person to make it to satan at that point, and even then, people died before we got there, myself almost included. I never ever feel good about saccing someone that has put that much time and effort to get that far. Never ever sits well with me. Hope you finish your quest off and get undead.

---Maran---

Rhone--The bane of my existance. There was no way I was going to die to you, and no way you were going to die to me, as much as we ran each other off. I knew that, and you knew that. I would waste your other maran, and you would waste my imperials. A lot of looting went on in between, but i'm not sure it was me or you that was doing it, and basically, I think more than half of the people complaining about a full loot lost less than 4 items. They were just whiny. For what its worth, that conversation we had was not out of spite, it was my attempt at cross cabal politics. Remember, eeeeevil priest of satan. Of course I was going to threaten you. So dont take it personally, I think Rhone is a great character.

Mirrou--Honorable and respectful. I was waiting to get into it with you, but we never really got a good chance to do it. I enjoyed having an interaction with a maran that wasn't "blah blah, you're evil, you're wrong" We had some good times at the inn with interactions, I did my best to creep you out.

Auskunna, Faeshu--The muter and thief. I loved these characters for their dedication. Highly respected by me, highly admired my me. It did not go unnoticed.

-Village-

Flaaayin--Same with Rhone. You probably had the best chance to kill me if you caught me, but again, I've been doing this a long time, and there was no way I was going to let you get me. I kept a certain ring on at all times just for you buddy, and I would regather it with fresh charges anytime I used it up escaping from you. Some great attempts, you got close a couple times, but alas, the slippery Gaplemo escaped your grasp. Basically everything I was wearing until I got hell armor was your armor from the couple times I pillaged your corpse. Honestly, I never felt that bad about it. You knew that stealing and saccing containers, and cleaning out whole inventorys was going to earn you the full loot when you caught caught. So as tough as you are, what goes around comes around.

Jikahl--Tough villager, but far far from sphere honor. You did so many dishonrable things it wasn't even funny. Not going to name them, but when I dropped the get all corpse on you, you not only were warned I was going to do it, but you were totally breaking village rules. Your commander had specifically told the Emperor like not even 24 hours before that if you were caught summoning/ganging with paladins, to tell him. And you came and tried to summon/gang with paladins, like the next day. I told you if you tried it you were going to eat a full loot, so I did not feel bad at all doing it after you ignored my warnings.

--Scion--

Mhar--Basically only scion I fought was the chancellor. While I respect your ability to pk and maximize class mechanics, The more I interacted with you, I began to loathe you. And not as the character, as a player. When you try and RP with someone, and over 10 times you get the same tell..."I can't understand you, so shut up", it makes you look like a huge douchebag. You don't even try to RP, im well aware of who the player is, and I am totally confident it is not the character, but the player behind the screen being a dip####. You have ego problems man. Even as I deleted I tried to RP with you and got the same dry response. In my eyes, you are terrible for cf on many levels, and while you can kill, your RP actually defers from the fun of this game. Sorry, but I lost all respect for you with this one whatsoever. Don't feel too flattered, I could play a drow scion transmuter with full ABS and despoil and never die a death too, trust me, its not as hard as it looks.
So as childish as it sounds, Nya nya, you never got me and I ate your weapons, and that was extremely satisfying for me. You didn't have a chance in hell at killing me, I would have cut my own eye out before I gave you the pleasure of that.

With that, I take my leave from CF. I live in California, its the summer, and since recovering from surgery, I have had little to no interest in cf, and a lot of interest in the girls in the area wearing less clothes. I also just got invited to the world championships for Gi Jiu-Jitsu in october for the first time, so I got to prep and train hardcore for that because I really really want to take gold in my division. Best thing to do was just delete everything and move on for now. I hadn't logged but an hour of game time in the last 10 days anyways. Will I be back? Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure when its raining and miserable again I will jump back into the fray, but for now, I need to enjoy a summer not cooped up in front of my computer. I bid you all great enjoyment in cf, another shot out to all the fantastic players that make this game the game it is today.

If I missed you, just respond, and I will. I'll lurk the forums for a couple weeks out of habit im sure. Also, I have absolutely no way to get the PBF for this one, so if anyone happens to pick it up, I would be eternally grateful to check out my pk count. (The best set of equipment is worth drooling over too, I deleted with every item. Hell gear is earned, not given away) Pks including assists I had to be pushing 30-40, but who knows if that is even in the right ballpark, I stopped counting pks years ago.

Sincerely,

Tim/Gaplemo

Lohoq (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 03:50 PM
Charter member
#99491, "Boooo"
In response to Reply #6

I really wanted to go on one of those trips! You were a good HP from what I could tell, its a difficult spot but I think you bossed everyone around appropriately. When you tried to promote me that one time because of our conversation I was pretty smitten. Good luck in sunny CA and hopefully you'll be back in the Empire soon enough.

GaplemoTue 24-May-11 06:59 PM
619 posts
#99500, "Great shadow"
In response to Reply #7

You were, IMO, the best shadow in the cabal, shadow lord aside. (are you the only shadow? Lol) You play the shadow part very well, reporting what needs reported and keeping nice and quiet when it calls for it too. I was nothing but impressed by you, and I wish I could have rewarded it somehow. There is no doubt I will be back in a few months or so, so at some point I will get back into inferno exploring. Though I can promise everyone, I will NOT be rolling an evil again anytime soon. Probably something like a maran, outlander, or nexun maybe. Anything but a hell character for a while.

Rhone (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 12:19 PM
Charter member
#99485, "So..."
In response to Reply #0

Setting the whole looting thing aside because I think your opinion is pretty clear on the record, I'd like to make one extremely constructive (IMHO) suggestion:

For your consideration on the next character, I think you have become bored because you have the "Dwoggurd disease" of extremely risk-adverse play. And the thing is, Dwoggurd maintains like a 100-1 record over characters .. whereas this one was probably closer to 10-1. If I played an imperial shaman high priest for a couple hundred hours at that risk-avoidance rate, I'd get bored, too.

You have to remember, you're an imperial high priest shaman, and you're like a big bear with claws and with fangs, and big ####in' teeth on ya'. And your enemies are just like this little bunny, who's just kinda cowering in the corner. And you know, you got these claws and you're staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself, and with these claws you're thinking, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?" With *this* you don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean?

Basically, (again IMHO) if you entered twice as many fights where you only think you have 60% chance of winning, I think you would have a lot more fun with your characters and just fulfill the incredible powerhouse potential this kind of build has.

I'll reserve more for my death thread, where you can lay into my about my looting issues you went over in character

TsunamiTue 24-May-11 05:22 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#99494, "Hilarious post."
In response to Reply #5

Also, good by Maugy

GaplemoTue 24-May-11 07:08 PM
619 posts
#99501, "I agree with this"
In response to Reply #5

I do have Dwoggurd disease. I used to be totally wreckless, but with the time investment into regearing, and my lack of pk skills in my older years (seriously, who gets worse at pk as they play longer? Whats wrong with me?) I generally play survivors now. I would very very much like to get away from that, and my next characters when I come wandering back to cf I think will be a little more balls out than my hell explorers. I would like to make some goodies, or non hell characters, because getting hell armor like that is what makes me defensive. I spend loads of hours getting it, then do not want to lose my time investment.

I need go just go Gaplemo style again, kill everyone that comes within 30 rooms of me and not care if I live or die. We will see what I conjure up when I come back. Definately will not be a survivor type character.

Also, I had serious issues finishing kills as an imperial shaman. Healing curse like, never ever worked for me, and most people are too wise to die to a maledict, unless in a big gang on gang fight I would get a lucky dispel and a few demonfires off. So while I did feel like a monster, I felt more like the hippo than the clawed bear. Scary as #### if you come at him, but you can run away and not worry much about the danger once you bail. My build and armor, in someone elses hands, would have been so deadly probably its not even funny. I have always lacked pk finishing ability except on a couple characters. I'm more of an explorer than anything, thats where I feel I shine the most.

Zandroth (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 09:31 AM
Charter member
#99481, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 24-May-11 09:32 AM

I suspected this this was coming. I wish we had interacted more. At first I thought things were going to be a lot of fun and then you just quit showing.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 08:38 AM
Charter member
#99474, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..."
In response to Reply #0

So was your extreme loyalty basically a ruse? You came on so strong with it I'll be floored if it wasn't.

Mirrou (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 07:41 AM
Charter member
#99469, "Noooooo!"
In response to Reply #0

The funny scary mino! I will miss you!
I regret not getting to fight you more, but at least we had a talk.

The Zaan (Anonymous)Tue 24-May-11 07:12 AM
Charter member
#99467, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Maugauth Blackhorn the Holy of F..."
In response to Reply #0

Noooooooooooooooo! Why?! Did you finally die and lose everything? Was really looking forward to more of those trips, and stirring up the Arch-Devils. The Zaan does not approve.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99464 Previous topic | Next topic