Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Burrdock the Changeling Adept" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99211
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 14-May-11 04:56 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99211, "(DELETED) [None] Burrdock the Changeling Adept"

Sat May 14 16:53:50 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Burrdock perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:68

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply crap, Zaolu (Anonymous), 14-May-11 05:49 PM, #3
Reply Sorry to see this..., Balta, 14-May-11 05:26 PM, #1
     Reply Also.., Balta, 14-May-11 05:28 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Sorry to see this..., Darkmage, 14-May-11 07:21 PM, #4
          Reply I feel for you, stuff like this sucks., Cagubrak (Anonymous), 14-May-11 07:49 PM, #5
          Reply RE: I feel for you, stuff like this sucks., Darkmage, 14-May-11 07:50 PM, #6
          Reply I'm sorry you felt that way..., Aereglen, 15-May-11 10:58 PM, #7
               Reply Can someone fix this? Suppose to be "Cid" name to post..., Cid (Anonymous), 15-May-11 10:59 PM, #8
               Reply RE: I'm sorry you felt that way..., Darkmage, 15-May-11 11:32 PM, #9
                    Reply You obviously have a chip on your shoulder., Cid (Anonymous), 16-May-11 01:44 AM, #10
                    Reply RE: You obviously have a chip on your shoulder., Darkmage, 16-May-11 04:28 PM, #12
                         Reply I've clearly explained myself IC and here., Cid (Anonymous), 16-May-11 09:08 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: I've clearly explained myself IC and here., Darkmage, 16-May-11 09:16 PM, #14
                                   Reply That's just your opinion., Cid (Anonymous), 16-May-11 09:51 PM, #15
                                        Reply RE: That's just your opinion., Darkmage, 16-May-11 10:06 PM, #16
                    Reply I can sympathise with Cid here, incognito, 16-May-11 01:00 PM, #11

Zaolu (Anonymous)Sat 14-May-11 05:49 PM
Charter member
#99214, "crap"
In response to Reply #0

I would have told you the answer to that question if you asked. Anyway, it was fun the few times we actually ran together, and I could tell you were doing pretty well on your own too. Shame. See you in the fields (hopefully not as an enemy!).

BaltaSat 14-May-11 05:26 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99212, "Sorry to see this..."
In response to Reply #0

Hopefully it wasnt because your interview with Sala didnt go well. I planned on speaking to him about it the next time I saw him, but he did write me an in character note regarding it, and I understand what he was saying, although he didnt mention the whole ten berries thing... He did mention that you basically interviewed like you were a Reaver instead of acting like you sought a Harbinger branch..

As far as the ten berries go, Alot of leaders will sometime ask you certain question, or to do certain things, I even had some I would sometimes use if I didnt think the interview was strong enough. Far as I am concerned, if Cid has any that he uses, it is in your best interest to figure it out and give him the answers he seeks, I can pretty much speak for all the outlander imms here, unless you do something huge in character (action wise).. Most of the time we would NEVER over rule a mortal leader... If we did that, then they would be no reason to even pick a leader, the imms would just run the cabal entirely.

And if you would have been patient and stuck with it, I am certain you would have found a branch in the tree.

GLWYN

Balta

BaltaSat 14-May-11 05:28 PM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99213, "Also.."
In response to Reply #1

So you know, I am not at the point in my imm career where I could just snoop you out when you were logged in and see what you were doing... I had to go by what others said and what we spoke about...

DarkmageSat 14-May-11 07:21 PM
Member since 14th May 2011
37 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99216, "RE: Sorry to see this..."
In response to Reply #1

Not wanting to get into a flame war here, but I think spending 70 hours just trying to get into a cabal is showing SUPREME patience. As for doing something IC to gain a branch despite Salaruhcid, I would think my countless defenses of the Huntress, aiding in regaining the fetish numerous times, and just generally always being around and aiding however I could would go a long way towards that.
As for his question about the berries, its a real hang up with him, he refused to give my last Outlander a recommendation because I couldnt name ten places to gather berries, and ten places to find water, and that was just a recommendation before he was Harbinger. I spent weeks hunting, and while I would not consider Burrdock 'deadly' exactly I think I had some fairly impressive Outlander enemy PK's for a shifter with only a third tier form, and 0 sleek rods.
I spent probably two and a half hours talking to Salaruhcid, went into the whole feral gnome speel, follower of Jasthrean, raised by wolves all that jazz, and I can tell you he didnt care what I said after I couldnt tell him ten places to find food and water in the wilds. I tried explaining to him that Burrdock saw himself as a hunter, and liked eating flesh, and could pretty much care less for where to find berries, but by this point he had already decided he wasnt going to induct me and kept telling me to seek out the Nightreaver.
All that said, its really not a big deal, I am a habitual Outlander player with more than one past Outlander leader, so when someone tells me I dont know why Outlanders fight for Thar Eris, its pretty obvious their basing their decision on something other than what im saying. If thats how you want the cabal run, your choice.

Cagubrak (Anonymous)Sat 14-May-11 07:46 PM
Charter member
#99217, "I feel for you, stuff like this sucks."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 14-May-11 07:49 PM

Oddly enough my last Outlander experienced the same thing despite having a successful past leader. You always get those random characters who may or may not have critiques that conflict with you at the worst times. I wish you would have stuck it out though.

Either way, I hope everything between us was IC and RP. My only knock on you would be that you were pretty tenacious in speech for a gnome shifter, but you definitely knew how to fight well and that snow badger was a pain the ass. Cagubrak definitely enjoyed your guys banter, and I enjoyed fighting you even though you made me take 15 minutes out of each login to gather resist_cold preps.

Hope you come back with something else! We need all the players we can get!

Cagubrak Adakudan

DarkmageSat 14-May-11 07:50 PM
37 posts
#99218, "RE: I feel for you, stuff like this sucks."
In response to Reply #5

He was a sphere Anger gnome, raised by wolves, his speech was coarse and he hated any enemy of Outlander, thats how I tried to portray him anyway. As far as I was concerned everything between us stayed pretty much IC and RP, you were the 'lich slave' whenever I spoke about you, and you know if you were around I was always hunting for you. That said you were about the toughest foe I faced, well you and Dnrandim, and if you had ever got some flaming swords you would have outstripped the villager.

AereglenSun 15-May-11 10:58 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
#99240, "I'm sorry you felt that way..."
In response to Reply #4

I had heard about you being a great hunter so you were off to a great start. But as soon as we started talking you acted like you had a spot waiting for you and I was just suppose to shoe you in. I'm not the only one who got that impression either. There were others there during our conversation. We had mutual feelings about your responses.

A lot of people have problems with those types of questions, but there's many reasons I ask them. But I don't see why you have a problem with them. You're suppose to have spent a majority of your life in the wilds. It doesn't matter if you eat berries or not, the character would know about his/her surroundings. I've even heard some say "if I can barter what's the point". Here's a bit of advice, don't answer a question with another question underlined with sass.

I'm sorry you got this impression of me:
"but by this point he had already decided he wasnt going to induct me and kept telling me to seek out the Nightreaver."
All I said was "You sound like a reaver." and you got offended. I found it odd and because I thought it would be a compliment to someone so angry and who hunts so much and wants revenge and all that like you said.

But we had just spoken that one time, and every time I asked you a question that was not out of the outlander cliff notes, you got fussy and it seemed to me, and the others listening, that you(not me) had made up your mind a bit too quick. You shouldn't assume you know exactly what others think of your character and throw in the towel. Other apps have had as much trouble, if not more, with my questions. But they don't just give up, they think about it and get back to me about things. This happened more BEFORE I was Harbringer really, which I found ironic. Maybe they thought they could BS with me more since I wasn't a leader then. I don't know.

Anyway this is getting too long. You shouldn't get so angry so quick is all I wanted to say.

Cid (Anonymous)Sun 15-May-11 10:59 PM
Charter member
#99241, "Can someone fix this? Suppose to be "Cid" name to post..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

DarkmageSun 15-May-11 11:32 PM
37 posts
#99243, "RE: I'm sorry you felt that way..."
In response to Reply #7

Your advice about not answering a question with sass really doesnt fit the bill here guy, since I wasnt one of the ones who said it doesnt matter since I can barter, I named off a few places to find food in the wilds, and you kept pressing the issue. As for how Caderyn felt about what he heard of our interview, its really not relevant since he caught about the last half hour of our 2 and half hour marathon interview, by which point, yes I was very, very frustrated.

As for me thinking I had a spot waiting for me, your right, after all the effort I had put into the charachter, the 70 hours of effort while waiting for an interview, knowing Outlander dogma better than about anyone I can think of, having recommendation missives written from a couple current Outlanders, and a missive from Balta which I was led to believe was favorable to me, never saw it so im not sure, I was fairly certain the interview would go well.

Instead you turned it into an hours long grind focused on finding food and water in the wilds, which was just asinine in my opinion,
your a druid so I can understand your charachters predilection towards such things, Burrdock was a rabid gnome who could care less,
and yet still tried to answer your question.

A piece of advice from me to you, as one who has held leader positions within the Cabal, dont make the mistake of thinking that everyone is going to agree with everything you say, feel, think or do about the Cabal, Outlander isnt Empire and theres alot of swing room in the dogma. Also, hours long interviews just to gain admittance to a Cabal thats not really, really strong and/or selective about its membership is just asking to weaken the cabal even further.

As for your statement about me getting fussy about you asking me quetions out of the Outlander cliffnotes, I can think of only one question you asked that made me in any way fussy, and thats the ten places to find food and water, which you asked repeatedly for hours, and I will freely admit, it annoyed the hell out of me.

In closing, you had missives recommending me, including one from a cureent Outlander Imm, you had been told that I hunted well, I was on every time you woke, and still on every time you slept over the last couple weeks, my Harbinger would have had a hard on for a charachter with those qualifications, and could have gotten over alot of my fussiness about things that really, really dont matter.

Cid (Anonymous)Mon 16-May-11 01:44 AM
Charter member
#99248, "You obviously have a chip on your shoulder."
In response to Reply #9

>Your advice about not answering a question with sass really
>doesnt fit the bill here guy, since I wasnt one of the ones
>who said it doesnt matter since I can barter, I named off a
>few places to find food in the wilds, and you kept pressing
>the issue. As for how Caderyn felt about what he heard of our
>interview, its really not relevant since he caught about the
>last half hour of our 2 and half hour marathon interview, by
>which point, yes I was very, very frustrated.

You didn't get the point of the question. It helps the character get an idea of where you come from, where you've been, how much time you've spent in the wilds, what you pay attention to when you're in the wilds; just to name a FEW things it helps with. Anyone can Pk dude. This is also a RP game.

>As for me thinking I had a spot waiting for me, your right,
>after all the effort I had put into the charachter, the 70
>hours of effort while waiting for an interview, knowing
>Outlander dogma better than about anyone I can think of,
>having recommendation missives written from a couple current
>Outlanders, and a missive from Balta which I was led to
>believe was favorable to me, never saw it so im not sure, I
>was fairly certain the interview would go well.
>

This might all be true, but like I said, I heard you were a good hunter, that's it. I wanted to meet this great hunter and when I did I meet what was obviously a guy behind a keyboard. If you had the most stellar RP interactions with other characters that's great, but when you got to me you were just like "i'm ready now, you can let me in"

>Instead you turned it into an hours long grind focused on
>finding food and water in the wilds, which was just asinine in
>my opinion,
>your a druid so I can understand your charachters predilection
>towards such things, Burrdock was a rabid gnome who could care
>less,
>and yet still tried to answer your question.
>

Again, you might have been better with others, but you didn't like anything I had to say.

>A piece of advice from me to you, as one who has held leader
>positions within the Cabal, dont make the mistake of thinking
>that everyone is going to agree with everything you say, feel,
>think or do about the Cabal, Outlander isnt Empire and theres
>alot of swing room in the dogma. Also, hours long interviews
>just to gain admittance to a Cabal thats not really, really
>strong and/or selective about its membership is just asking to
>weaken the cabal even further.
>

I ask people what they think, I don't tell them what they should think. Anyone will tell you that if you ask them. Your assumptions of how I do things are pretty far fetched. You said in the begining you don't want a flamewar, yet you're trying to assassinte me. Gotta love irony.

>As for your statement about me getting fussy about you asking
>me quetions out of the Outlander cliffnotes, I can think of
>only one question you asked that made me in any way fussy, and
>thats the ten places to find food and water, which you asked
>repeatedly for hours, and I will freely admit, it annoyed the
>hell out of me.
>

If you spent your entire life in the wilds but yet you can't name off a few places you have seen food growing or water flowing..... ugh I'm not even gunna finish this one.

>In closing, you had missives recommending me, including one
>from a cureent Outlander Imm, you had been told that I hunted
>well, I was on every time you woke, and still on every time
>you slept over the last couple weeks, my Harbinger would have
>had a hard on for a charachter with those qualifications, and
>could have gotten over alot of my fussiness about things that
>really, really dont matter.

Yes, I heard you were a good hunter, and I wanted to meet this hunter. Instead I meet a guy behind a computer with a chip on his shoulder.

Why didn't you just do what you said you were going to and seek out tha ancients?

DarkmageMon 16-May-11 04:28 PM
37 posts
#99278, "RE: You obviously have a chip on your shoulder."
In response to Reply #10

Dude, what are you even talking about, I DID NAME OFF SEVERAL PLACES IN THE WILDS TO FIND FOOD!!!! Your changing your argument every time you post here, so this is my last response, first I gave you sass, now I didnt get the point of the question. Which one is it?

And you met a dude behind a keyboard, I gave you the same RP I gave everyone else, no one else seems to have got that impression, your just looking for reasons to justify your idiocy.

Even making a statement like "dude I am ready, you can induct me now." Is just freaking hilarious, I spent 70 hours trying to get into a Cabal, one that if were all honest, is not selective in any way about its members, I then spent 2 and a half hours talking to you, by this point yes I was frustrated.

And I didnt have a chip on my shoulder when you met me, so dont even attempt that, after hours of listening to you being a freaking tard about finding food and water in the wilds (keep in mind here, I named off several of each, just not the demanded magical number of 10 of each) perhaps a slight chip formed there. As I thought to myself "Hrrrrm, this guy who rarely logs his leader, probably only got the spot in the first place because there were so few choices, is about to ruin my characther cause hes an asshat" perhaps a chip formed, but it was put there by your asinine actions.

Cid (Anonymous)Mon 16-May-11 09:08 PM
Charter member
#99300, "I've clearly explained myself IC and here."
In response to Reply #12

This is the last time I'll say it. It's not the actual answer, it's HOW you answer the question. You were very hesitant to name the few you did. You had a big problem with the question right off the bat. You thought my question was stupid and after I asked it YOU had a bad attitude for the rest of the talk. You told me off with some harsh words and then you were gone. I didn't tell you anything that would give the impression you're chance was gone. When life hands you lemons, either eat them or say screw them and eat something else. Don't just give up. Do something. You even said before you left that you had a spot waiting for you and that the ancients would no doubt give it to you. If that's true then why all this?

DarkmageMon 16-May-11 09:16 PM
37 posts
#99301, "RE: I've clearly explained myself IC and here."
In response to Reply #13

I did say I was going to seek out the Ancients, never did I say I had a spot waiting for me however. And the fact that your post has changed once again just goes to emphasize the fact that your changing the facts around to suit your actions. I answered your question readily, listing about five or six places to find food in the wilds, the ones I could come up with off the top of my head, but it wasnt the ten you wanted, and you kept pressing the issue, I tried to direct the conversation to something that was actually relevant to being an Outlander, and you told me I did not know why the Outlanders fought for Thar Eris, you told me more than once that I should seek out the Nightreaver, not that sounded lke a reaver or looked like a reaver but to seek out the Nightreaver. And no, you didnt say anything to me about my 'chance' being gone, but damn if I was going to keep trying to get your approval if the effort I had already put in wasnt enough. I deleted because I ended up with forms I didnt like, nothing to do with our interview, I only mentioned it in my thread because I felt it was about the most ridiculous experience ive had in CF in a long, long career.

Cid (Anonymous)Mon 16-May-11 09:51 PM
Charter member
#99304, "That's just your opinion."
In response to Reply #14

Here you go again "but it wasnt the ten you wanted," You don't know what I wanted. In fact there is nothing I WANTED to hear in particular. The great thing about outlander is the diversity. You never know what you're going to hear in an interview. Just because YOU think YOUR answer was good doesn't mean it for sure is. I haven't lied or changed any of my words around. You can say I did this or said and changed my story or whatever all you want because I'm done responding. You had an attitude because you didn't like my questions. And so you responded with attitude. It's as simple as that.

I'm sorry to drag this out but I did get the impression you deleted because of our interview. Why you might ask? Well mostly because IT'S ALL YOU TALKED ABOUT IN YOUR GOODBYE.

I didn't want to respond at all but I see this as a no win situation. If I don't respond then everyone will think I don't care about the cabal. But if I do then I'm having a text war with "some dude behind a computer" while I'm still an active character, which is a no-no. I'd rather show that I care about the cabal so people will continue to give me a chance as leader, and not decide to roll none-neutral characters just because the harbringer is a retard.

Sticks and Stones.

DarkmageMon 16-May-11 10:06 PM
37 posts
#99306, "RE: That's just your opinion."
In response to Reply #15

Are you for real man? You say the answer to my question wasnt relevant, theres no right or wrong answer, then why the hell did our interview last almost 3 hours, with you asking that same question over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, done arguing with you about it.

In over ten years playing this game, ive never been turned down after an interview for any Cabal besides Scion, and then it was becuase I had not found my protective wands moreso than what I said or did. Speaks volumes that the first time it happens is with you, with all the recommendations I had, all the hours, all the retrievals, all the defenses, all the PKs', and not just random hunt out easy prey PKs' these were blatant Outlander enemies, Tribunals, Scarab followers, Scion wantabes, dwarves.

Twist if however you want, I answered your asinine question, just not to your satisfaction, after which you had already made your mind up that I would not be inducted. Your arguments dont even make sense, you dont argue that I answered the question, then you say theres no wrong answer to the question, its How I answer the question, its plain to see your searching for some valid reason you decided not to induct me other than the fact that I couldnt answer a question (to your satisfaction at least) that has squat to do with being an Outlander.

As for not turning off future neutral Outlanders, im fairly certain I am not the only one, but I had already rolled another charachter for Outlander which has since been deleted after your blatant posts here on the forums instead of just admitting you were wrong trying to twist facts to make your actions reasonable. Im a habitual, more than habitual Outlander player to be honest, I would say 90% of the characthers ive played since the Cabal was instated have been Outlander, but you wont see another one so long as you remain at the forefront.

incognitoMon 16-May-11 01:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99264, "I can sympathise with Cid here"
In response to Reply #9

I didn't know you so this isn't aimed at you personally, but I've interviewed people who trot out the same line that they used last time (to the extent that I can even tell who they were last time) and when I vary the script they seem put out by the fact I won't just accept a standard answer.

If they seem to be genuinely making an effort to deal with the questions, I'll probably throw them a bone, but if they seem to react with "wtf man, why haven't you inducted me already. This worked last time" I'm probably going to make them work for it. Moreso if I have a limit on how many I can induct and lots of applicants.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99211 Previous topic | Next topic