Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Kharvud the Champion of Battlefiel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98978
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 03-May-11 09:52 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98978, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Kharvud the Champion of Battlefields"

Tue May 3 09:49:52 2011

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Kharvud perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hart Kharvud. *TAG* BwaaHaahaa, wikataw, 03-May-11 12:56 PM, #2
Reply I meant the whole "I can be a #### head because I own r..., wikataw, 03-May-11 12:58 PM, #3
Reply Loved Wikataw, Kharvud (Anonymous), 03-May-11 01:00 PM, #4
Reply What an interesting char, Oldril, 03-May-11 12:15 PM, #1
     Reply When I turned up to the ruins, Bavorlian (Anonymous), 03-May-11 03:42 PM, #5
     Reply No I wasn't gonna drive you, Kharvud (Anonymous), 03-May-11 03:51 PM, #6
     Reply RE: What an interesting char, HammerSong, 03-May-11 09:01 PM, #7
     Reply Thanks for responding., Oldril, 03-May-11 10:16 PM, #8
     Reply I love you and thank you for comming back Thror. nt, wikataw, 04-May-11 07:56 PM, #10
     Reply RE: What an interesting char, Chulun (Anonymous), 04-May-11 06:25 PM, #9

wikatawTue 03-May-11 12:56 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2011
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98983, "Hart Kharvud. *TAG* BwaaHaahaa"
In response to Reply #0

I would have left the village if you got booted. There are always
a few idiots in battle that get away with douchery and then the ones
who TRY really hard to keep parity and such going get jumped by an
Imm who is out looking to make examples. You *DESERVED* to atleast
get a not-yelling session by Thror but I think he is really busy
trying to keep the soldiers in line. Your RP aided my RP alot. I liked
to razzle dwarfs and say "If only it was a gloombeard, it would be worth
bragging about." I would have lastnamed myself stinkerpaw but Ghurn had
a similar lastname. Sorry I left a man behind when I deleted. I sorta
feel like an Idiot for deleting but the Encyclopedic Ultra-Vet in the
cabal is so Bot/HowDareThee that I was feeling like it was pure powergaming and his arrpee was a big look at me I'm having fun shame on you blah blah blah.

Great Great Character. Awesomesauce and Roflcopters.

Quote "I secretly wish you would get raped or something. I feel like I lose IQ points everytime I look at it." Gaplemo

wikatawTue 03-May-11 12:58 PM
158 posts
#98984, "I meant the whole "I can be a #### head because I own r..."
In response to Reply #2

nt

Quote "I secretly wish you would get raped or something. I feel like I lose IQ points everytime I look at it." Gaplemo

Kharvud (Anonymous)Tue 03-May-11 01:00 PM
Charter member
#98986, "Loved Wikataw"
In response to Reply #2

Kharvud was very sad when you left and that early RP ranking really helped the character RP flesh out. Some great times there early on.

OldrilTue 03-May-11 12:15 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98982, "What an interesting char"
In response to Reply #0

If you'd like lots of fights, duergar villager is the way to go. Pretty much everyone who isn't BATTLE wants a fight so that was great fun. I actually rage-deleted at level 34 as an applicant because I didn't think I had the patience to suffer through a battle char. I should have never re-activated or just gone a different cabal. Battle just isn't worth the headaches as a player, to me. This was my first villager and probably my last.

Uninduction: In game, my character found that the tapestry says very clearly "If you have double the enemies numbers, divide their forces and attack from both sides". Maybe someone can tell me where in the village it says "Don't fight people coming for their item on Eastern when they just peeked into the ruins and bashed the village bard one step onto eastern" because Kharvud never saw this.

Thror: I think both as a player and a character that you were splitting hairs at the end over the location of us fighting them. I find it inconsistent how often you, Thror, jumped down villagers throats regarding Chulun. I disagree with you on both the RP and PK aspects of your ruling. Now that I said that speech, it is your cabal and you run it and Im not going to meltdown over a character on CF. I'm sure Kharvud wasn't the perfect rager but I dont think my character should have been uninducted for what happened. My only real regret is that I wish I could have had interactions with Thror that didn't involve you yelling about Chulun.

battle cabal: Now that I've played battle I see what the draw is. Its the other players. Its the truest feeling of being in a cabal because only ragers understand what ragers go through and that creates a bond between characters. Its also the most drama-filled cabal I've ever seen. The whole Kharn/Hark thing is something I wondered where the Battle immortals were because I thought Kharn got totally screwed over. I pretty much loved every character in Battle with one or two exceptions so post here if you want me to respond.

Enemies:

Chulun: Pretty much rocked me repeatedly. Then I finally get a legacy and some decent gear and unfortunately now I am posting on the battlefields. Your character is very strong and I liked the RP and banter we had going. The only non-village dwarf Kharvud liked.

Tavlin: Maybe the only one who made me feel sorrier at pk than Chulun. The one time I thought I had you I missed the damned cranial. Loved the interactions and hope you get Chancellor.

Dakaeh: I land hurl torso/artery/boneshatter, then thirst with two daggers and you still killed me. I tried to avoid you after that since the village says don't hunt people that hunt you if they arent mages or scions/nexuns.

Roberval: I thought you got screwed that one time when you raided. As a player I felt bad the Battle guy did that to you. Its sad when a quasi-perma screws a player who then turns around and screws another player just to get back at that quasi-perma's cabal. its a bad cycle that all started with a couple of douches.

Bavorlian (Anonymous)Tue 03-May-11 03:42 PM
Charter member
#98989, "When I turned up to the ruins"
In response to Reply #1

It wasn't a trap on my part. I just wasn't going to fight you one step from a no-recall zone that I'm under orders not to enter.

I was willing to fight 6 steps away on the south path, where neither of us could easily be rushed.

I'm curious to know whether you actually thought it was a trap or whether you claimed you did only to get me nearer to the village so you could drive me to the giant.

Kharvud (Anonymous)Tue 03-May-11 03:51 PM
Charter member
#98990, "No I wasn't gonna drive you"
In response to Reply #5

There were 2 scions and 3 paladins I could harm.

It wasnt a trap I was worried about as much as you and I fighting and some jerk showing up and jumping in.

HammerSongTue 03-May-11 09:01 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#98997, "RE: What an interesting char"
In response to Reply #1

Uninduction: In game, my character found that the tapestry says very clearly "If you have double the enemies numbers, divide their forces and attack from both sides". Maybe someone can tell me where in the village it says "Don't fight people coming for their item on Eastern when they just peeked into the ruins and bashed the village bard one step onto eastern" because Kharvud never saw this.

-- It also clearly defines the difference between the Siege and the Skirmish. It's one thing when Village enemies use the Tablet, Plaque, Tapestry to pidgeon-hole a villager. It's not often that a Villager uses it to try to justify what was clearly bad decision-making. To be blunt, you were booted from the Village for your blatant lack of disrespect for an Immortal of the Village. That's also a violation of our policies.

Thror: I think both as a player and a character that you were splitting hairs at the end over the location of us fighting them. I find it inconsistent how often you, Thror, jumped down villagers throats regarding Chulun. I disagree with you on both the RP and PK aspects of your ruling. Now that I said that speech, it is your cabal and you run it and Im not going to meltdown over a character on CF. I'm sure Kharvud wasn't the perfect rager but I dont think my character should have been uninducted for what happened. My only real regret is that I wish I could have had interactions with Thror that didn't involve you yelling about Chulun.

-- My last comment clarifies your uninduction. Location (while important) is meaningless. The context of the actions of four villagers is important. The point is, two villagers clearly made a mistake which breached parity. Two that were an initial part of the fight weren't at fault. I'm disturbed that the four of you tried to justify the actions. For what it's worth - the Battle Imms cannot write into the cabal every scenario, accomodate every possibility or label every instance that might be breaking the rules of Battle. We have strict rules and in other areas of the village "guidelines." Common sense goes a long way.

battle cabal: Now that I've played battle I see what the draw is. Its the other players. Its the truest feeling of being in a cabal because only ragers understand what ragers go through and that creates a bond between characters. Its also the most drama-filled cabal I've ever seen. The whole Kharn/Hark thing is something I wondered where the Battle immortals were because I thought Kharn got totally screwed over.

-- I'm an executive of a large technology firm. I'm a father of two children. I am an athlete and have many hobbies and interests. I do not have a lot of time devote to CF. What time I do devote I intend to make meaningful. When I see comments that reference "Where are the Battle Imms," please understand that we all have lives. We don't use forums to judge characters but when we do catch someone red-handed, we take action. That may seem unfair to those players that push the boundaries and get away but it should also serve as a reminder to always be on your best behavior in a cabal.

Good luck with the next. I wish you would have stuck it out because dealing with hardship usually makes for the best immortal interactions.

OldrilTue 03-May-11 10:16 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98999, "Thanks for responding."
In response to Reply #7

I'm not trying to complain about no one being there for the Kharn/Hark thing just saying that I really wished a battle imm would have been there because as a first time battle player I was clueless as to whether or not what was happening was ok.

Sorry I couldn't stick it out but as a player I dont have the strength to be playing a duergar ex-villager. Maybe down the road Ill give battle another try it certainly doesn't lack for fights.

wikatawWed 04-May-11 07:56 PM
158 posts
#99009, "I love you and thank you for comming back Thror. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

Chulun (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-11 06:25 PM
Charter member
#99005, "RE: What an interesting char"
In response to Reply #1

Ahoy! well .. this was an interesting twist ah gotta say.. what's done is done and I'm not gonna dwell too much on it.. but Kharvud was one of those villager who has some life/RP that is unique to his char from what I have seen.. ah likey... glwyn..

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98978 Previous topic | Next topic