Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Throm the Unholy of Faith, Voice of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98972
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 03-May-11 03:12 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98972, "(DELETED) [None] Throm the Unholy of Faith, Voice of the Scarab"

Tue May 3 03:11:41 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Throm perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:267

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ThromThu 05-May-11 08:50 PM
Member since 29th Mar 2011
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99034, "Alright Dhaunner, I'll give you a reply."
In response to Reply #0

True enough, we didn't speak or travel much, which is often the way of Cultists but, from what I saw of you, you seemed pretty solid.

I wished you would have stayed around longer, all of the Cultists for that matter. I think I outlived around five or six of them. I was trying to reopen the Scarab but I needed to get three mortal leaders. I managed to get one spot, I thought Volkov would have been the Flame and I was hoping the thief would have been the eye. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I just got back from Asia where I spent a month on vacation. By chance, while waiting for a plane in an airport, I picked up book one of the Horus Heresy from the Space Marine universe of which I have always been a moderate fan. I'm hooked. I bought all 15 books as soon as I got back. Reading the series and seeing the zealotry of the Space Marines rekindled my spirit in Throm big time. I was in the process of updating my role and made up a bunch of emotes and I was going to become very passionate and vocal about the Scarab Cabal since I had become the Voice. I managed to log in a couple times from Asia in an internet shop so that my gear wouldn't crumble. I had a pretty nice set that I'd had for a long time. Well, as fate would have it, my first log in after I got back, I'm heading onto the eastern road from Mutazz and my girlfriend plugs in a flat iron and a hairdryer upstairs in the bathroom, which, as luck would have it, was on the same circuit as my computer. Pop goes the fuse and my computer shuts off. When I log back in some time later, I'm naked at the Temple. Somebody got some nice loot. But that was the sign to end things for me. I'm getting really busy with work and my personal life so my times to play were dwindling. I've got to read the series, hit the gym, since I've been a lazy ass on holidays, and get back to the beat. So I bid Throm farewell.

The real kicker was that I never really got into this character like I had with all my other Flames. Volkov was right when he guessed that I was an old school player that had returned. I still haven't been to half of the places around Thera and it was cool to travel with Volkov and see some of these places. I actually went to Veran (oooh, scary I know , Whistlewood Swamp, Organia and the Octagonal Tower for the first time, LOL. I hadn't played in a few years so my knowledge was even more limited.

Sadly, the shaman class has been left behind in Carrion Fields. I don't know if they were tweaked or what. Out of all my many witherings, I think I did a full wither on two people and made them drop both weapons. When I played Drucyrus or Lucrucien, almost everyone dropped both weapons. I think the only person I recall to not drop both was a Cloud giant villager warrior who proceeded to cranial me to death with Drucyrus. I also realize that veterans are the primary players that play CF now. I haven't excluded the fact that many good players now gear for SvS and wear tons of plus strength gear which pretty much nullifies wither. All the dagger specs and hand to hand specs also were a pain. Maybe edges have something to do with it. I'm not sure. But all I know is that it was very difficult to land communes on people successfully and that my hitpoints dwindled much faster now than they used to. Even with stoneskin and shield. I was able to PK decently at the lower or mid ranks and I had to wait a while to get empowered where I sat and PK'd for a while but at the hero level, Shaman are just trumped. The players are very good and know how to deal with shaman communes which makes the class very frustrating. Of course, villagers being able to thirst and rewield was a pain in the ass. They were not able to do that in Drucyrus' time. I simply didn't have the HP to finally get them to drop in the first place, and watch them thirst and rewield and then have to do it all over again while soaking up death blows. I filled the eastern road up with elite dwarven guards and such to hamper the thirsters but to no avail. So, I had to resort to rot to try and do anything to help. Rot prevents HP regeneration so it has a good use beyond the obvious and it can also make plague land easier which I had a hell of a time to get to take. I didn't just rot people to get a con kill contrary to what I'm sure some people felt. Anyway, it was a useful way to get some people to back off for a while. Anyway. I think this is my last shaman. I was hoping there was going to be a shaman revamp that I heard about for a couple years so I trudged on but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Another reason I felt it was time to go was that I was never mentioned in anyone's farewell. Obviously I had very little impact in the game and wasn't really affecting anyone's game experience so I figured I might as well go since I had a null effect. No one is going to miss a non-impact character.

Scar, you were great as usual. Another Scarab goes down .

To those I interacted with. Thanks for the good times. Maybe I will be back in a couple years, but not with a shaman Cheers.

Drucyrus, Flame of the Scarab
Drugadath, Flame of the Scarab
Ancruhljin, Flame of the Scarab
Lucrucien, Flame of the Scarab
Throm, Voice of the Scarab

blackbirdThu 05-May-11 05:54 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#99018, "well, ####."
In response to Reply #0

Dhaunnar and you travelled more than a few times. Neither of us was terribly outspoken/interested in braiding hair and telling stories, but I got a good sense that you were a pretty tenacious badass.

Need moar Cultists. Well played, esp. with achieving the Voice. Care to attach a handle to the character?

~Blackbird

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98972 Previous topic | Next topic