Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98240
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Apr-11 11:44 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2024
17177 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98240, "(DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of the Battlefield"

Fri Apr 1 11:42:05 2011

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Karkarrak perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:299

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..., Rhone (Anonymous), 02-Apr-11 03:09 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..., Kjaz (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 08:15 PM, #13
Reply I liked you, Oringus (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 07:37 PM, #12
Reply I liked Oringus., TheAceofSwords, 01-Apr-11 10:25 PM, #17
Reply I liked Karkarrak., Faeshu (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 06:13 PM, #11
Reply I'm glad. I liked Faeshu., TheAceofSwords, 01-Apr-11 10:23 PM, #16
Reply Some thoughts about the build and PC., Karkarrak (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 04:09 PM, #10
Reply bye!, Lylesse (NOT Balta), 02-Apr-11 07:31 AM, #20
Reply Take two (stupid editing anonymous posts), Ghrim (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 03:49 PM, #9
Reply Not bad. Better than Jerrokrar., Ghrim (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 03:47 PM, #8
Reply Some thoughts on Kark., Allysia (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 01:25 PM, #4
Reply Karkarrak RP., TheAceofSwords, 01-Apr-11 03:43 PM, #7
Reply A few things, Homard, 01-Apr-11 12:20 PM, #2
Reply You, Homard, are..., Borkahd, 01-Apr-11 12:24 PM, #3
Reply Well, I try not to get too worked up over CF., Homard, 01-Apr-11 03:29 PM, #5
Reply Responses..., Karkarrak (Anonymous), 01-Apr-11 10:21 PM, #15
     Reply Ain't that the truth?, Homard, 01-Apr-11 11:27 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..., Hotrail, 01-Apr-11 11:59 AM, #1
     Reply Enjoy your stay., TheAceofSwords, 01-Apr-11 03:39 PM, #6
          Reply He abused stoneform/corporeal hardening bug as bambi to..., Artificial, 01-Apr-11 08:52 PM, #14
          Reply RE: Enjoy your stay., Isildur, 02-Apr-11 09:15 AM, #21
               Reply RE: Enjoy your stay., Volkov (Anonymous), 02-Apr-11 11:31 AM, #
               Reply RE: Enjoy your stay., Volkov (Anonymous), 02-Apr-11 11:31 AM, #22

Rhone (Anonymous)Sat 02-Apr-11 03:09 AM
Charter member
#98315, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #0

Hehe.

I still get a chuckle out of a two word tell you sent me:

Karkarrak tells you "####... Off..."

Hahahah. Just the thought of you wrapping an OOC tell in an IC-accent package cracks me up. Overall, Kark made the game a better experience for me, and taught me that bloodthirsting RBWs on Eastern Road when you cannot kill the giant and chase them to the D are overpowered. Obviously, that's a lot of assumptions, but I'll stand behind it And I would not have said this before fighting Kark and Co. the last month or so.

Looking forward to your next - make it a Fortie, there's a horde of evil imperials coming!

Kjaz (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 08:15 PM
Charter member
#98297, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #0

While I didn't always agree with the way you handled alot pk situations I like Karkar. You deffinately made a huge impact on the village with your strength. The village as a whole got alot braver whenever you logged on.

I knew in the 30's when you got me that you were gonna turn into a badass especially when you got thirst. We had alot of really good fights and I'll miss em

As Kjaz I was rooting for an imm to give you the oath. I just thought of the damage we could've done together and I got exicted!

Good luck with the next bro.

Oringus (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 07:37 PM
Charter member
#98296, "I liked you"
In response to Reply #0

I know that you got a lot of grief, but I thought you were pretty cool. And thanks for being a good sport a couple nights ago when I was retrieving. Didn't expect to get everything back after you killed me the second time.

Loved that little skirmish. Take it easy big guy.

TheAceofSwordsFri 01-Apr-11 10:25 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2011
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98306, "I liked Oringus."
In response to Reply #12

At least once I finally managed to fight you that night. To be honest with you, you need to assess the fights more critically after they take place, with Karkarrak, you should've seen that in most situations he was engaging you, he wasn't trying to explode to 100% of ability via bloodthirst until you were locked in place and good to die. Your only real hope from the get-go for retrieval without at least a 50% margin of death was to stun me. Were the seats reversed, i'd have engaged and tried to stun over and over and over while having dropped my inventory somewhere closeby except for the utter essentials. Maybe it'll be a decent tip for you in the future, and I didn't take your gear because I always like a good fight, even if it's close, all the better. When I 1-round or 3-round people, the excitement is diminished as soon as the corpse appears.

Faeshu (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 06:13 PM
Charter member
#98293, "I liked Karkarrak."
In response to Reply #0

No, really, the only villager I liked.
Both from what I've seen fighting you and watching you fight, and reading logs as well. A bit surprised about your alignment, since what you told me and what you were doing pretty much made me think you were orderly. Hrmm, can villagers be orderly at all?

TheAceofSwordsFri 01-Apr-11 10:23 PM
21 posts
#98305, "I'm glad. I liked Faeshu."
In response to Reply #11

My swords were always returned when you were close to logging off and I appreciated that. It'd have been a bitch to be ganged regularly by you and sacced of all my arsenal of weaponry. I got you a few times and you got me once or twice, overall it was one of those relationships where I knew you were just waiting for a chance to pounce, but knew that I could kill you so fast that you wouldn't do it unless a distinct advantage was in your favour. I didn't mind the war-parties coming after Kark, it was really fun to fight 5 v 1, kill 2, and manage an escape. No rush quite like it on CF.

Karkarrak (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 04:09 PM
Charter member
#98269, "Some thoughts about the build and PC."
In response to Reply #0

So where to really start... I began Karkarrak as an RP experiment to try and take my levels past what they were, after doing so really with Jikaalem, I felt the need to try and do it again after such a bad showing in the RP department with Jerrokrar, and so Karkarrak was born. When I first started as an applicant the Village was not in power, Throthgor and Ghrim were about the only two consistently logged heroes and they were getting tooled, and the Maran were so plentiful, I thought why not, let's do a gates/greeting giant that'll just bash/flurry everyone to death.

For those who think this is an easy road to hoe, you are SORELY mistaken. I literally could not venture farther then a box perimeter to hunt down my foes, because more often then not, they'd be waiting to create an elaborate ambush scenario for me, or luring me far away so some punk can retrieve an item I took. This really limited what I could do, but taught me how to really gauge fights and use bloodthirst. I can say at this point, I know every facet of bloodthirst, every pulse of lag, etc... and to my foes who just didn't seem to get it, I could've been con-dead 50 hours before this, if my foes weren't so scared to zip past me without looking and seeing there's a convulsing fire giants with -700 moves on eastern

Anyways, it was fun, and i'll be back with another. Not really pissed I didn't get Commander, Ragers had a good month on top, it's time for another Cabal to get a bit of funtime. Hopefully i'll be able to pack a real punch with the latest concept. See ya all in the fields.

To be fair, I could solo-raid and take any cabal item in about 15 minutes, without any healing edges, this was pretty awesome .

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Sat 02-Apr-11 07:31 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #10

Was fun the few times we got to travel together... that one night comes to mind, where we basically just wiped out the spire, me , you and poerlouge...

Was looking forward to travelling some more with you, but my play times get screwed up for a couple weeks there...

anyways, like kar alot...

also, did you play Shiloh? I remember a very think reference to him in game by you which kind of hit me as odd...

Balta

Ghrim (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 03:49 PM
Charter member
#98264, "Take two (stupid editing anonymous posts)"
In response to Reply #0

But in vastly different ways.

It was obvious to me that Karkarrak was also the player of Jerrokrar and Illian (and also Ajirkhan and Ilvakhij etc). I'm not the biggest fan of that player. A lot of things Jerrokrar did really didn't sit right with me.

That being said, I thought Karkarrak was a fairly good villager. Sure you messed up a couple times (more than most, to be fair) but you also had courage and played a lot, and you know how to PK etc. Your RP was definitely better with Kark than it was with Jerrokrar.

A couple times I was this close to booting you, but you'd always do something to make me rethink it. Towards the end, Ghrim knew he was going to leave the village, so I almost hoped you'd do what you did (challenge me) and let me go my own way.

Two things though; One, beating me didn't mean you were Commander. It just meant I wasn't Commander. Also, lot of misinfo about that whole situation (which I took as furthering your own character's RP). And Two, dude, lay off the bossiness. That was your biggest downfall as a character. Often times, yes, you were right about what you were talking about in terms of tactics etc, but the way you came off soured a lot of other villagers on you. I can't count the amount of times I'd hear from another villager that you were bossing people around like you were the commander. On one hand, Ghrim liked that someone in the village was trying to take a leadership role. On the other hand, he hated that it was a bloodthirsty Fire Giant who was nearly booted from the village several times.

All in all, a step up from previous efforts. I can't say I was shocked to hear you got booted. I was shocked to hear that you started using magic, but then, before I inducted you, I remember a couple people telling me that you weren't always a magic-hater but I chocked it up to sour grapes.

Ghrim (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 03:45 PM
Charter member
#98261, "Not bad. Better than Jerrokrar."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 01-Apr-11 03:47 PM

GLWYN!

Delete this if you must?

Allysia (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 01:25 PM
Charter member
#98248, "Some thoughts on Kark."
In response to Reply #0

1) Bash flurry. Yeah, taunt me all you want, I'm not giving you a one on one fight.

2) You were a good pker, but you would have needed the qualities people like Woldrun, Borkahd and Knack had to be commander and there I think you came up short. Strength alone does not make you commander, mageslayer maybe, but not commander.

3) Please, oh please, try to lighten up about things in regards to looting. Something tells me I got two very skewed sides of things, and I really hate being in the middle of that IC and OC. I don't know, nor do I care, what happens between you and someone else, I do my best to not have it influence how I play. And the fulling by out of range imperials happened by a mistake, but believe what you want.

4) There were moments you were a shining example of a berseker. Going in on a group of 5, and dying, and all you say is that you almost got the mage even with five on you. THAT's a berserker.

5) Let past characters go. Whatever happen with one, does not mean you base your next around it. Your new one starts fresh with no knowledge of anything about what happened pre char creation. Don't telegrapgh the player by using info from the last char with the present, which I think happened when you killed the elf healer.

6) Tone down the ego, just a bit. Being a good pker is well and good. But don't force people into anything. Let them play their own chars how they want, and let them have fun. Teach the willing who ask. People don't enjoy being told how to fight or what to do, and when you're not commander, you should not act like it.

All and all, I did not mind Kark at all actually. But I get the feeling how you acted with me was not how you acted with everyone else. If you did, you would have probably been the commander and you would have outlived me as you said you would.

I also I think you could have been a beast even without magic and cabal powers, but when you started embracing magic, well, that's a betrayal of role and I was not surprised of you losing powers. I think it was a golden chance to RP that you didn't embrace.

I hope whatever comes next starts with a clean slate, good luck.

TheAceofSwordsFri 01-Apr-11 03:43 PM
21 posts
#98260, "Karkarrak RP."
In response to Reply #4

Sorry to say it but the whole Karkarrak being better and asserting himself as Commander was entirely RP and was derived after a discussion with Borkahd ICly where he more or less explained the One Law to Kark. Now given I wasn't a direct disciple of the One Law, Kark did believe the strong should rule and the weak should be destroyed, his reasons for being a Villager were also entirely selfish and were virtually concerned not at all with tradition, etc. I also struggled staying Evil a lot and making it really believable and the way to really do this with Kark was to have him believe himself better than everyone, and willing to prove it at any moment.

As for the whole RP after betrayal, I had 8 con left, the odds of actually surviving to get my specializations back, and then need to re-work them all to 100% just didn't sit with me. I play CF to PK as much as to RP, and if I can't do both the way I want to, or the way I envisioned for myself, i'm not really interested. Anyways, off to a new incarnation.

HomardFri 01-Apr-11 12:20 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#98243, "A few things"
In response to Reply #0

I'm assuming that this was the same player of Jerrokrar and Illian. If that is correct, I think that your RP was exponentially better with Kark. Also (and I only experienced Kark as a fellow Villager) you kept your cool much, much better than Jerrokrar, Illian, or your elf Maran. All in all, I think Kark was a big step in the right direction.

Now, I don't know how you got booted from Battle, but I figure it was a long time in the coming. I don't think it is your intention to break parity and gang when it is inappropriate, but I think you need to slow down and assess situations before you bash 2.;!;!;!.

You need to look at potential victims before you attack them. If they're a mage and they're writhing, you need to back off. This will cost you a bunch of kills, but a lot of them will be kills that fall on the 'cheap' side of the equation and result in people being pissed and venting (sometimes whining) on the forums.

When you enter a room, pause for one second. If you see a buch of scrolling combat text you need to see who is fighting and if you should get involved.

The crappy part of the whole thing (from my POV) is that you're a skilled enough PKer to not need to gang to rack up kills, so I think you have the potential to have a successful PK character with a low gank-o-meter and no one complaining about you.

As far as the RP, keep moving in this direction. It might also help if you stepped away from so-called "power-builds" a bit. I'd like to see you play a Dwarf the next time you go Battle.

GLWYN

BorkahdFri 01-Apr-11 12:24 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#98244, "You, Homard, are..."
In response to Reply #2

...one big ball of positive and fluffy bunnies with flowers in their hair!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

HomardFri 01-Apr-11 03:29 PM
959 posts
#98256, "Well, I try not to get too worked up over CF."
In response to Reply #3

In real life I have a very misanthropic, hateful worldview.

CF is something I do to try to distract myself from that.

Resultingly, I don't get overly upset over anything CF related and when it comes to a situation like this I try to see the positive side.

Karkarrak (Anonymous)Fri 01-Apr-11 10:21 PM
Charter member
#98304, "Responses..."
In response to Reply #2

I did what I could to try and RP and increase overall troop understandings of simple strategies that every villager should know. I've played about every race imaginable as a warrior, i've done gnomes, dwarves, half-elves, humans, all at 48+, I doubt there's more than 5-8 pc's in game who have as extensive firsthand experience with legacies as I do. I have and always will be attracted to warriors due to the ability of always having some option or strategy even when caught offguard. That's a big bonus for me, being able to always pk and always have a way out, even when caught with my pants down.

I guarantee the next PC i'm with right now is a monster

Cookie-cutter builds also suit me just fine when I am regularly up against squads of 3-5 pc's. It's really not so easy to play a bashing/gates rager and do it properly with hitting a 3-1 to 4-1 ratio on pks to pkdeaths. That's my take on it anyways. Karkarrak was by no means easy, and it's only because of so many failed ragers that I really adapted and learned what to do with him in 99% of the pk situations I was in.

HomardFri 01-Apr-11 11:27 PM
959 posts
#98309, "Ain't that the truth?"
In response to Reply #15

Hearing "All you do is xxx." means "I have no idea how hard xxx is to pull off."

HotrailFri 01-Apr-11 11:59 AM
Member since 11th Aug 2009
28 posts
#98241, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Karkarrak Asherr-Rah the Legend of..."
In response to Reply #0

You befriended me as Jerrokrar on Dymon, hit me up on skype from qhcf that was cool. We talked and bs'd whatever I made my new char Volkov, all good you knew who I was before I made the char I said I was making an invoker etc ok we were enemies. I kill you one time and you out me on dioxides, that is some douche bag ####. Just warning to all if Jerrokrar/karkarrak tries to befriend you, deny his ass he is a complete a s s and not worth the time. Blackball this guy from the community and behead him if you ever see him irl.

TheAceofSwordsFri 01-Apr-11 03:39 PM
21 posts
#98259, "Enjoy your stay."
In response to Reply #1

Maybe if you weren't such a douche, i'd offer some advice on your situation. You know nothing about RP and admitting that you used Gandalf as a surname and that you play so stoned that you couldn't give a crap about RP pretty much formed my opinion of you instantly as someone I really don't need to communicate with OOCly. Have fun with your trip.

Oh and playing as you do, gloating about reaching 500 pks, when 70% of your pks with Volkov were on sub 45 chars with you using improved invisibility, and only reached 100 (not a stellar number for 260 hours at all), coupled with the fact you were knowingly abusing a stoneskin/stoneskin combination of preps which you bragged about knowing were broken make you the tool that you are.

Don't bother replying, because i'm done speaking with you altogether.

ArtificialFri 01-Apr-11 08:52 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#98302, "He abused stoneform/corporeal hardening bug as bambi to..."
In response to Reply #6

nt

IsildurSat 02-Apr-11 09:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#98319, "RE: Enjoy your stay."
In response to Reply #6

100 PKs on an invoker in 260 hours is pretty good. Just sayin.

Volkov (Anonymous)Sat 02-Apr-11 11:31 AM
Charter member
#98321, "RE: Enjoy your stay."

To be more precise, pre 51 i had 2 pk's, I hero'd at like 150 hours, so really its 100 pk's in 110 hours.

Volkov (Anonymous)Sat 02-Apr-11 11:31 AM
Charter member
#98322, "RE: Enjoy your stay."
In response to Reply #21

To be more precise, pre 51 i had 2 pk's, I hero'd at like 150 hours, so really its 100 pk's in 110 hours.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98240 Previous topic | Next topic