Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Volkov the Weaver of the Elements" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98107
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Mar-11 12:43 AM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98107, "(DELETED) [None] Volkov the Weaver of the Elements"

Mon Mar 28 21:02:16 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Volkov perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:251

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Thread Locked, Zulghinlour, 30-Mar-11 12:43 AM, #13
Reply Side note, Volkov (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 12:40 PM, #8
Reply Guessing it may have been, Some person (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 12:57 PM, #9
Reply RE: Side note, Rhone (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 01:15 PM, #10
Reply Absolute Zero edge, Arkellin (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 01:24 PM, #11
Reply Goodbyes, Volkov (Anonymous), 28-Mar-11 09:19 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Allysia (Anonymous), 28-Mar-11 10:51 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Volkov (Anonymous), 28-Mar-11 11:18 PM, #3
     Reply You sorta taught me how to survive, the hard way, Faeshu (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 01:32 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Throm, 29-Mar-11 03:58 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Volkov (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 07:13 AM, #6
          Reply change of heart, Scarabaeus, 29-Mar-11 09:46 AM, #7
     Reply One think struck me as odd..., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 29-Mar-11 06:03 PM, #12

ZulghinlourWed 30-Mar-11 12:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98161, "Thread Locked"
In response to Reply #0

I don't need to read that ####.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Volkov (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 12:40 PM
Charter member
#98123, "Side note"
In response to Reply #0

I saved and saved my edges, i know I spent a lot on my aura/barrier sources cause I never even foudn the original locations the entire chars life and i got fast deshield but that was it, i was going for the cone of cold stunning edge but man that hting just never pop'd up. i got my aura/barrier edges right as i hit 51 so I had like 100 kills and still no edge, might want to check to see if its broken =P I met the requirements just needed edge pionts and never got there

Some person (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 12:57 PM
Charter member
#98124, "Guessing it may have been"
In response to Reply #8

Experience from Immortals 1900

Rhone (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 01:15 PM
Charter member
#98127, "RE: Side note"
In response to Reply #8

Based on invoker PBFs, I believe it requires a highish affinity (the lowest I've seen is 8). So you have to burn edge points on extra affinity.

I had mixed feelings about Volkov, but I appreciated that you did not trash talk after every PK encounter (a character like yours easily could have). There was a quest that involved killing you that I guess is defunct, now. The time we faced outside High Lords was on the last day of that quest - and in hindsight I wish I'd asked Athioles to cry in to finish you with a cranial but at the time I didn't want to lose a round of damage to type out a cb. I knew that would be my only shot, too

Arkellin (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 01:24 PM
Charter member
#98129, "Absolute Zero edge"
In response to Reply #8

This definitely requires a higher affinity than 5...I believe it's 8, I had to buy up extra affinity to get it. It's the same with a lot of the special edges that enhance the stronger spells, too.

Volkov (Anonymous)Mon 28-Mar-11 09:19 PM
Charter member
#98108, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun on this character, it was I think my third invoker over the years and they are one of my favorite classes. When I started the character I knew nothing about scarabaeus and his religion and was under the assumption that I could be in scion and use the scarab temple etc well I learned later on that wasn't so and honestly I'd of never went scion if i'd of known that. Since Mharl booted me during one of his little temper tantroms scarabaeus sorry if you thought I was just ditching scion to join scarab but that wasn't true honestly I wanted to be a scarab from start but oh well, I think thats why you gave me the cold shoulder on all of our interactions after the first. Thanks to all in the game who made this char fun and to all the enemies I had, which was almost everyone =P. Greatest part about being an invoker is you just quicksand and dig a pit on eastern and I think one quicksand I had 4 thieves fall into it, so hillarious.

Throm - Thanks for the talks etc and fun times

That one fire giant ap that I ran around with sometimes, good times had fun pk'ing with you hopefully you get that weap big you seem to have faded lately in play times but I think you're on the right track keep it up.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of people, if you reply I'll respond. Also can someone put up for my pbf please? I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the great game.

Allysia (Anonymous)Mon 28-Mar-11 10:51 PM
Charter member
#98109, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Stoneshatter/flee. Immolate/flee. Damn was that annoying. I always wondered why you didn't actually just stay and probably kill me in a lot of those encounters. Guess I was lucky. Or you just wanted the ring I wore.

Oh well, I did like seeing you leave villager corpses about, you did fight them well beyond anything I ever could hope to match, and if I avoided you, you would inevitably kill a few and make my life easier for a little while.

Good luck out there with the RL stuff.

Volkov (Anonymous)Mon 28-Mar-11 11:18 PM
Charter member
#98111, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah the times where I didn't stick around is cause I didn't have you in quicksand, honestly it was just cat and mouse till you let me get you into some and hopefully a curse scroll landed. I was not even going to make you an enemy honestly cause a bard / invoker can do dragon lairs etc but you said no that time I asked to go find gear so I said screw it and just started hunting you =P.

Faeshu (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 01:32 AM
Charter member
#98112, "You sorta taught me how to survive, the hard way"
In response to Reply #1

I think I never repeated a mistake that would lead to dying against you. Learned how to survive immolation, then how to avoid quicksand, then pits.

Be sure that all the sleeks I've stolen from you went to good use in the name of Light =)

That time when you killed Mredenkal and then me at the same quicksand was because I was too focused on following him and didn't notice you around somehow. Think you were standing on the border of two areas. Clever. That was also the only time we spoke, and I berated you for scaring away my potential robbery victim.

ThromTue 29-Mar-11 03:58 AM
Member since 29th Mar 2011
3 posts
#98115, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Damnit! Why did you have to go drink and drive? Sigh, ah well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. We got off to a rough start with you attacking me on the Eastern Road, then I tried to kill you every chance I had. Then you wished to speak to me several times so I finally entertained you. I could tell that you had only a slim grasp of the Scarab religion but that, in itself, is not fatal. I tried to help you out a bit and explain things to you and you seemed to catch on somewhat. You don't need to be a master of the religion to be an Initiate, you can grow further once you have the tattoo. Scar and I spoke about you a fair a bit and I felt that you would be an asset to the Scarab if guided properly. I'd been looking for you for a while, especially since I became the Voice, so that I could do one final interview with you before I made my decision on your suitability. Barring anything unexpected, I could say that I was going to recommend you get the Mark of the Scarab and I thought you would be a shoe-in for the Flame position. I simply can't do what a fully prepped and knowledgeable invoker can do. Thanks for all the travels and taking me around to all the places I have never been. There are so many other places I wished to travel though. A pity.

At first, I thought you were a run of the mill invoker when I first attacked you, but I guess a shaman matches up well against an invoker. Then when I saw the bodies stack up on the eastern road, I knew you were quite formidable. Well played. Hopefully your stint in the joint goes quickly and we'll see you again. I think you were very close to becoming a Scarab and it would have been nice to have someone else to run with in the Cabal. I'm still looking for the Flame and the Eye so that hopefully the Temple re-opens some day. I thought you would have made a good elder. Good luck.

Throm

Volkov (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 07:13 AM
Charter member
#98117, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah I was hoping it would work out that way but I lost interest when I felt scarabaeus gave me the cold shoulder the other day when I spoke to him after not seeing him for like 2 weeks. Glad I could show you a lot of the game you seemed like an old timer who has come back, welcome back if this is the case and your doing a good job from what I can see, keep it up bro. Grats on the Voice, you deserved wish I could be there with you. RL sucks sometimes =P.

ScarabaeusTue 29-Mar-11 09:46 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#98120, "change of heart"
In response to Reply #6

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstance.

My reasons for turning you away at first were several: (1) I didn't feel you had a good grasp of the precepts of the cult; (2) for some reason you were mis-communicating what Throm and I were saying to you, which didn't sit well with me; and (3) I had no intention of taking Scion's leftovers. Interestingly, over time I changed my mind and had just delegated to Throm to make the final decision on you.

Timing is everything, it seems.

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Tue 29-Mar-11 06:03 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

I am not sure if you were trying to go for scarab when this happened, but you did speak to me on following your desires before that...

The time you came with tribunal to take the fetish... I found it odd someone travelling with spirelings if you sought scarab... the whole tribunals being bound by law thing... I tried to speak with you on it and rp it out a bit.. but you didnt seem to receptive... perhaps too many people started little bitch fests at you, who knows... then again... this may be totally kosher with scarab rp... never done one..

anyways good luck with everything, hope to see you in the fields bro..

Balta

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #98107 Previous topic | Next topic