Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Grimkral the Legend of the Battlefiel..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97827
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 10-Mar-11 01:10 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97827, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Grimkral the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Mar 9 22:24:17 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Grimkral perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:221

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Ghrim (Anonymous)Fri 11-Mar-11 08:46 PM
Charter member
#97840, "You were my mortal enemy."
In response to Reply #0

It was fun. You really had my number some times, which made the two? times I got you so satisfying. Really well done.

Nexus is hurting for melee types at the moment. This is going sting for them.

TwistThu 10-Mar-11 01:11 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97834, "Aelozzosot, I deleted your post so you can repost anon...."
In response to Reply #0

avarissThu 10-Mar-11 10:39 AM
Member since 02nd Jul 2010
16 posts
#97831, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Grimkral the Legend of the Battle..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 10-Mar-11 10:44 AM

My third caballed character.

Created this out of a desire to see how forging works, and how awesome those dwarf-only gears really are. Both turn out to be rather good, but for forging, I do not know how the forgeborn edge actually helps in making it better (still getting the 4 dam 4 hit result), except that it halves the cooldown duration.

Was still focusing on learning the game mechanism, so not much into RP (didn't even write a role), the lack of which is quite apparent and I am quite guilty of it. So thanks to all who have been tolerant with it, and to those who have shown me stuff in game.

To name a few: Allysia, Zaka, Schorie, Yohnerk (for helping me unearthed Dern eq, which ended up in both of us dying to Flaaayin), Dymon (for the inferno, whistlewood, dragon lairs, and trothon trip ) and Jerrokrar (we both learnt gates, that how we got everything started ).

I didn't quite like this build. I have died more with this char than I have with my others, though I played quite conservatively (cowardly, some villagers say). Preps burn out too quickly through each fight with villagers. They are not easy to come by, and are hard to gather with this char (which sucks at tanking even with polearms, ward of blades, and being enlarged). It became even more stressful after the increase in the number of villagers and the decrease in nexus' (I relied a lot on my allies to help me gather things, which makes me feel quite bad as well).

Allysia (Anonymous)Thu 10-Mar-11 08:25 AM
Charter member
#97829, "So long"
In response to Reply #0

Guessing you were pretty tired of the same old routine. You were a good ally to have though, going to miss having you around helping out. But yeah, the consistent mass of villagers (nothing fishy about it, but damn do a lot of villagers have the same play times as you and me did - to the point of saying F*** it) can be a bit much.

Was thinking in the next vote you would take over as Rhyme, ah well. I would have voted for you and made sure everyone else did too. You liked to go kick ass a lot more than me, and were probably a lot better suited to it. Sorry I never looted anyone for you as I said I would, whenever I see a corpse I just can't make myself do it. Revenge looting just is not my style.

And yeah, I don't try to make people become Nexuns. Just cause someone is uncaballed neutral neutral does not mean they should be a nexun. I understand the desire for allies given the state of things, but numbers swell and shrink in all the cabals. Nexus is in a major down swing, village in a major up. That will level off though, just have to ride the bad times out and enjoy the good, like when it was you me and Zaka running around tearing apart every villager without ever breaking a sweat.

I hope you're back in the fields soon with something. Grimkral was a fine character, I wouldn't mind having him as an ally again, or as an opponent for that matter.

avarissThu 10-Mar-11 12:10 PM
Member since 02nd Jul 2010
16 posts
#97833, "RE: So long"
In response to Reply #1

Yes, I was, tired and stressed.

Not sure about the Rhyme thing though. But I am surely not the leading type . And no need to feel sorry for not having fulled them for me, as I never did that myself and only took what I needed mostly. Just felt frustrated whenever that happened to one of us, hence the revenge looting statement.

As for making people join Nexus, well, I can't force them certainly, so it is more like reminding them that there is this option . If they refused, I'd just leave them alone. But most I have talked to, didn't object to the idea, and were interested to learn more about Nexus and considered giving it a chance.

That said, the time we spent running together was fun and enjoyable. And Allysia was certainly a consistent, reliable ally for Grimkral. Good luck with dealing with the villagers

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97827 Previous topic | Next topic