Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Poerlouge Grieventil the Grand Ma..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97794
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 06-Mar-11 09:44 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97794, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Poerlouge Grieventil the Grand Master of Artistry"

Sun Mar 6 20:40:34 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Poerlouge perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:253

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I used to keep a tiny iron dagger specifically for you, Faeshu (Anonymous), 08-Mar-11 12:42 AM, #8
Reply Goodbyes, Tarleton, 07-Mar-11 12:46 AM, #3
Reply Quite possibly my favorite character of this age., Athioles, 07-Mar-11 01:02 AM, #4
Reply Oops! Fortress goodbyes, Tarleton, 07-Mar-11 01:34 AM, #5
     Reply Hehe, Thwrerrorip (Anonymous), 07-Mar-11 06:56 AM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Rhone (Anonymous), 07-Mar-11 02:06 AM, #6
Reply This sucks, This sucks (Anonymous), 06-Mar-11 11:50 PM, #2
Reply *Sound of a dwarf cheering*, Ghrim (Anonymous), 06-Mar-11 09:59 PM, #1

Faeshu (Anonymous)Tue 08-Mar-11 12:42 AM
Charter member
#97812, "I used to keep a tiny iron dagger specifically for you"
In response to Reply #0

Not that I really wanted to kill you for your misdeeds against Fortress, just figured I wouldn't miss an opportunity to knife you once or twice.

Too bad that when the time came, I didn't have that dagger with me. It didn't stop me from stabbing you of course, it just was less stylish.

TarletonMon 07-Mar-11 12:46 AM
Member since 15th Dec 2009
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97797, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

This was a fun character, and I honestly think I could have played this one to age- or con-death. I fell in love with bards playing Tarleton and wanted to see how I could do with a non-Emperor.

I really, really liked Poerlouge - especially because I got the feeling that a lot of other people didn't.

And that I liked this character so much turned out to be his undoing.

I realized I'd started spending WAY too much time playing when I had so much other stuff in my life that was screaming desperately for attention. Even without spending, oh, 12-20 hours a week on CF, I'll barely have time to satisfy my obligations and ambitions.

CF Players in general: I have nothing bad to say about anyone, really. Thanks everyone for the fun.

IMMs: I was really hoping to take this character in a wildly different direction with some immteraction but realized it probably wasn't going to happen after I jumped ship from Lyristeon to Scarabaeus/Saraba and ended up getting pretty much ignored by everyone (which was a little upsetting after an extremely cool first interaction with Saraba). I've had some Scarab followers and even a tattooed Saraba follower in the past and got a nostalgia-shiver when I saw "The shadows gather."

Specific goodbyes (if I forget to mention you, I apologize and assure you it doesn't mean I didn't like you)

OUTLANDER:

Balta - Thanks for the induct. You were hilarious and I enjoyed our constant nasty banter. I kind of wished I could outlive you and get Harbinger. I had some fun ideas for that...

Nathuel, Pago, Onya, Irelia, etc. - You all were awesome. Thanks so much for the fun times.

BATTLE:

Ghrimriddor - You were a great sport. It was really not a good matchup for you. I played a rager warrior not long ago and learned just how difficult they are to play well (he was god-awful and I deleted in shame and anger). I'm rooting for you. Glad we were able to keep it pretty friendly, all things considered.

Hyu - You seemed pretty cool too. We had some good fights in a short time.

Kakar-somethingorother (fire giant) - We bonded that one evening of pretty crazy fighting. That was a highlight of this char's pk-life. Thanks for that, and hope you kick everyone's ass, too.

Mexzi - Sorry for killing you half-by-accident.

TRIBUNAL:

Derialx and Tuttie - I played a Tribunal bard a long time ago and had my ass handed to me regularly. I hated it. It's a combo that had some major advantages but some huge disadvantages. I'm sorry if I ruined any fun for you two.

Mundin - Virtually unkillable for me. Very frustrating. I gotta hand it to you! Respect.

Brom - See Mundin.

Maybe I'll see you in the fields in a year or two!

- Dullameh, Vezran, Shenkov, Tarleton, Poerlouge and many, many others

AthiolesMon 07-Mar-11 01:02 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#97798, "Quite possibly my favorite character of this age."
In response to Reply #3

Nothing but good things to say. I enjoyed our rocky relationship immensely. A shame we never got that damn dragon, eh?

TarletonMon 07-Mar-11 01:34 AM
Member since 15th Dec 2009
57 posts
#97801, "Oops! Fortress goodbyes"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks! I enjoyed our back-and-forths a lot as well. It was great never knowing whether you were going to say hi or cranial me (and vice versa, I'm sure). I can't believe I forgot Fortress.

Basically, for everyone (but especially Fortress) I tried to be the biggest asshole I could while not being labeled an enemy of the Fortress or turned evil - and then surprise everyone with moments of cheer and kindness.

Drayden - I'd call you a wuss, but bards vs shamans are a tough matchup. Still, you could have stuck around against me much longer than you did without risking dying.

Rhone - Great explore-buddy. Keep with it!

Thwrerriop and Vacise - We had a weird start but it smoothed out all right. Sort of?

Sollin - Congrats on Immorting! You should know, in case you hadn't guessed, that I was the one who told you that you needed to become a Lich to save the world. I'd hoped it would end up causing some Imms to scratch their heads and people in the Fortress to freak out, but you Imm'd too fast.

Thwrerrorip (Anonymous)Mon 07-Mar-11 06:56 AM
Charter member
#97805, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 07-Mar-11 06:56 AM

As for the reason you deleted... I really do feel your pain.

On the goodbye, that is probably the best way to put it.
Though after the way you spoke of volkov when we were visiting
that dragon I decided to put you in a new category on how I
viewed you. If you decide to play something similar in the
future can I suggest being nice to the people you piss off a
little bit more to balance it out... people remember slights
longer than they remember kindness. It would keep you labeled
'mostly friendly' more than 'occasionally of use'

Heheh your way is fun too, don't get me wrong. I'd go out to 'save'
someone and end up slept right beside them. You had some pretty good
timing with those songs... damnit. Since you decided not to kill
me, I figured it was all in fun. A lopsided game of tag lets say.

Rhone (Anonymous)Mon 07-Mar-11 02:06 AM
Charter member
#97802, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

Great character. I was impressed how you could be so reliable and yet so untrustworthy at the same time.

This sucks (Anonymous)Sun 06-Mar-11 11:50 PM
Charter member
#97796, "This sucks"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 06-Mar-11 11:50 PM

Have to say you are one of the best all around players, it was a privilege to be around as the same time as you. Sorry and sad to see you go, really appreciate all the help you gave me and all. Always made me laugh even when some of the stuff was just out there always funny. Sad day for the Refuge but I understand if it got boring or other things got in the way. However...who'll be the bard now for when we fight Tiamat? What happened to getting revenge?

Ghrim (Anonymous)Sun 06-Mar-11 09:59 PM
Charter member
#97795, "*Sound of a dwarf cheering*"
In response to Reply #0

Wow. You just utterly owned me over and over and over again.

One time I almost had you in that crazy chaotic Fort/Battle/Trib/Outlander battle, but that freaking opal saved your ass.

You were funny as all hell too. I'm really shocked you deleted. You seemed like one of the toughest characters in the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97794 Previous topic | Next topic