Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97761
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 04-Mar-11 03:16 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97761, "(DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth"

Fri Mar 4 14:14:14 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Katten perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:59

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth, coconut, 05-Mar-11 03:53 PM, #10
Reply No hard feelings, but this intrigues me., Ghrim (Anonymous), 05-Mar-11 04:29 PM, #11
Reply RE: No hard feelings, but this intrigues me., coconut, 05-Mar-11 07:00 PM, #12
Reply Uhm, stop inventing nicks, MRSK, 05-Mar-11 10:31 PM, #13
Reply The few interactions we had I found you a bit unpleasan..., Anonymous (Anonymous), 04-Mar-11 07:46 PM, #5
Reply That's profoundly helpful, Homard, 04-Mar-11 09:18 PM, #6
     Reply My post contains just as much feedback as everyone else..., Anonymous (Anonymous), 05-Mar-11 03:35 AM, #7
          Reply RE: My post contains just as much feedback as everyone ..., Homard, 05-Mar-11 09:47 AM, #8
               Reply lmao, Artificial, 05-Mar-11 03:50 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth, Sivyh (Anonymous), 04-Mar-11 04:36 PM, #4
Reply I liked you., Athioles, 04-Mar-11 03:19 PM, #2
Reply Hey I get it... Kat-ten., TheDude, 04-Mar-11 03:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Hey I get it... Kat-ten., Asthiss, 04-Mar-11 03:40 PM, #3

coconutSat 05-Mar-11 03:53 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2010
65 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97782, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth"
In response to Reply #0

Well, first ranger ever and was beastmaster and forester... It was actually quite fun, and i loved that i owned most people before i hit hero range(plan was to stay under hero range, knew i would never hero this one, so just wanted to get so mange ragers as possible. )

I tryed to help those who needed it, with cabal items and such, even though i hunted the village the most.

Was tired of sein the village just boom with players, so wanted to kill them all: - )

some people may have found my char very wierd, cause i attacked everyone if i was borred..

Commander, It was a weak move you made to loot my corpse when i fell to volkov, so i was glad i got to pay you back.

Ghrim (Anonymous)Sat 05-Mar-11 04:29 PM
Charter member
#97783, "No hard feelings, but this intrigues me."
In response to Reply #10

>I tryed to help those who needed it, with cabal items and such, even though i hunted the village the most.

Was tired of sein the village just boom with players, so wanted to kill them all: - )<

And then this.

>Commander, It was a weak move you made to loot my corpse when i fell to volkov, so i was glad i got to pay you back. <

You do realize the oddness of those statements in the same post. As Ghrim would say 'Wha' tha' farg?'.

But, alas. I'm "sorry" I took two things from your corpse (as well as giving you back all the magical items) when I was half-naked. I really didn't care that you full-looted me down to the pies then taunted me after that when I died to Onya. It's not my first time being full-looted, nor will it by my last most likely. Unlike you, I don't mind being looted. In fact, I ended up with a much better set a few logins afterwards, so thanks?

Try to relax more. This character seemed cool from an Outsiders perspective but the constant whining that day really just soured me completely on this character. Go luck with your next!

coconutSat 05-Mar-11 07:00 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2010
65 posts
#97785, "RE: No hard feelings, but this intrigues me."
In response to Reply #11

hey man, no hard feelings from me aswell..

perhaps it just me, but i think its "bleh" when a commander of the village begin to loot a corpse he diddent slay... if it was two items, or 3 matters little.. And yes you did return what you shouldent have. but in my head you shouldent have touced the corpse..

See you in the fields.

MRSKSat 05-Mar-11 10:31 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#97787, "Uhm, stop inventing nicks"
In response to Reply #10

What gives?

Anonymous (Anonymous)Fri 04-Mar-11 07:46 PM
Charter member
#97769, "The few interactions we had I found you a bit unpleasan..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

HomardFri 04-Mar-11 09:18 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#97771, "That's profoundly helpful"
In response to Reply #5

Why bother telling him he was unpleasant, but not reveal yourself? If he doesn't know who you are, how can he reflect on your interactions and consider for what reasons you may have found him unpleasant?

Anonymous (Anonymous)Sat 05-Mar-11 03:35 AM
Charter member
#97775, "My post contains just as much feedback as everyone else..."
In response to Reply #6

Unpleasant is a mild negative. That's feedback. Revealing more would reveal my character. I won't post any feedback in the future.

HomardSat 05-Mar-11 09:47 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#97780, "RE: My post contains just as much feedback as everyone ..."
In response to Reply #7

>Unpleasant is a mild negative

That's inarguable.

>That's feedback.

That's inarguable as well. However, the issue is that with no discernible source for the feedback, it's impossible for the person receiving the information to make a judgement as to whether or not the feedback has any value. If I found an unsigned note on my car that said "You are a ####!" how would I know whether or not the person who left the note had a legitimate reason to feel that way?

Perhaps the note-leaver had been following behind me when I suddenly slammed on my brakes, causing them to spill hot coffee all over their new shirt. From their point of view I might be a "####." However, what they are unaware of is that a child chasing a dog ran out in front of my car. Ergo, in that instance, I am not a "####," as I was doing the right thing. In fact, maybe that person was in the wrong for following too close.

On the flip-side, maybe it was my ex-girlfriend Helen who left the note. She would be 100% correct in her assertation, and I would be forced to admit that, in her eyes, I was most certainly a "####."

For criticism to be constructive it needs context. Without it, it can degrade into mere name calling.

>Revealing more would reveal my character.

That's why the anonymous posting feature was introduced.

>I won't post any feedback in the future.

That's just childish. Giving and getting feedback in the Battlefield goodbye threads is a fun part of the game. It's especially important for a character like Katten, who was a pain in the ass to a lot of characters. It should be Katten's player's goal to be a pain in the ass without ruining anyone else's fun. Your comment goes part of the way to letting him know whether or not he fulfilled that goal, but leaves him hanging.

I hope this makes sense.

ArtificialSat 05-Mar-11 03:50 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#97781, "lmao"
In response to Reply #8

>However, the issue is that with no discernible source for the feedback, it's impossible for the
>person receiving the information to make a judgement as to
>whether or not the feedback has any value. If I found an
>unsigned note on my car that said "You are a ####!" how would
>I know whether or not the person who left the note had a
>legitimate reason to feel that way?

I lolled so hard at this. it sounds so very zen

Sivyh (Anonymous)Fri 04-Mar-11 04:36 PM
Charter member
#97766, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Katten the Guardian of the Earth"
In response to Reply #0

Boy were you hot to kill ragers.

AthiolesFri 04-Mar-11 03:19 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#97763, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

...but sending me a tell "I never see you fight alone" twenty seconds after I fought you alone outside the Fortress and then putting me immediately on ignore kind of left a sour taste with me for this character. That aside I enjoyed our other chaotic interactions this seemed like a fun character.

Good look with the next.

TheDudeFri 04-Mar-11 03:18 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
285 posts
#97762, "Hey I get it... Kat-ten."
In response to Reply #0

Kat. Kitten. Cute

AsthissFri 04-Mar-11 03:40 PM
Member since 26th Oct 2004
191 posts
#97764, "RE: Hey I get it... Kat-ten."
In response to Reply #1

Katten = The cat in Swedish

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97761 Previous topic | Next topic