Subject: "(AUTO) [NEXUS] Rortay the Warden of the Winds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97727
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-Mar-11 04:24 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97727, "(AUTO) [NEXUS] Rortay the Warden of the Winds"

Wed Mar 2 15:22:32 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Rortay perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You had my number, Khalgur (Anonymous), 03-Mar-11 03:24 PM, #5
Reply Liked the dweller in the muck., Allysia (Anonymous), 03-Mar-11 09:28 AM, #2
Reply It is a cool build, Tac, 03-Mar-11 02:40 PM, #4
     Reply RE: It is a cool build, Isildur, 03-Mar-11 05:35 PM, #6
          Reply Explorer bearcharge is crappy me thinks, Tsunami, 03-Mar-11 05:47 PM, #7
               Reply Caverndweller bearcharge sucks., Tac, 03-Mar-11 06:02 PM, #8
                    Reply Does that mean explorer bearcharge is ok?, Tsunami, 04-Mar-11 01:11 AM, #9
                         Reply RE: Does that mean explorer bearcharge is ok?, Isildur, 04-Mar-11 01:17 AM, #10
                              Reply I'm guessing this is correct, Tac, 04-Mar-11 09:54 AM, #11
                                   Reply RE: I'm guessing this is correct, Isildur, 04-Mar-11 12:03 PM, #12
Reply Breathing a large sigh of relief here., Ghrim (Anonymous), 02-Mar-11 05:03 PM, #1
     Reply That isn't how I recall it...., Tac, 03-Mar-11 02:38 PM, #3

Khalgur (Anonymous)Thu 03-Mar-11 03:24 PM
Charter member
#97747, "You had my number"
In response to Reply #0

Your skills firing more in my home terrain when it wasn't yours 100% caused me to delete.

Good PK even if I detest the entire idea of Nexus as a cabal

Allysia (Anonymous)Thu 03-Mar-11 09:28 AM
Charter member
#97742, "Liked the dweller in the muck."
In response to Reply #0

Wish I could have seen more of you, you had some real potential I thought. Half the time I never even knew you were around, but I know that is part of playing rangers.

Good luck with the next.

TacThu 03-Mar-11 02:40 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97746, "It is a cool build"
In response to Reply #2

But there combining ranger with nexus meant I had a real tough time finding people to kill. Half the time I found someone in the wilds, they weren't an enemy or were on the wrong side of the balance, so I had to leave them alone. Plus it wasn't as explorey as I was expecting. That said, the explorer specialty is crazy good, and I'd be hard pressed to choose anything else as a non-giant ranger in the future. Tend wounds is overpowered.

Tac

IsildurThu 03-Mar-11 05:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#97749, "RE: It is a cool build"
In response to Reply #4

Wonder if I'd have gotten more kills as an explorer. I got a handful from call lightning, but I'd have had to do without that as an explorer. OTOH having functioning bear charge in swamps would have probably gotten me a handful more.

TsunamiThu 03-Mar-11 05:47 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#97750, "Explorer bearcharge is crappy me thinks"
In response to Reply #6

Kind of like hunters.

Then again, it may have been the caverndweller side that made my bearcharge suck.

TacThu 03-Mar-11 06:02 PM
2050 posts
#97751, "Caverndweller bearcharge sucks."
In response to Reply #7

As an enlarged fire giant against a gnome I was unable to permalag for even 2 consecutive rounds (bearcharge is 1 round). That's why I got rid of my fire giant caverndweller. Without useful bearcharge, playing a giant ranger seemed pointless.

TsunamiFri 04-Mar-11 01:11 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#97754, "Does that mean explorer bearcharge is ok?"
In response to Reply #8

Sorry for hijacking Rortay

IsildurFri 04-Mar-11 01:17 AM
5969 posts
#97755, "RE: Does that mean explorer bearcharge is ok?"
In response to Reply #9

I don't think explorer affects it at all, except to give you a chance of performing your skills "as if in your home terrain" regardless of where you are. So if your bearcharge would suck even in your home terrain...(which is apparently the case for cavern dwellers- I can't comment as I've never had one)...then being an explorer won't help you much.

In my case I was a forester/survivalist. My bearcharge seemed seriously nerfed when I was in the swamps. My question about explorer vs. survivalist was predicated on the assumption that going explorer would have let me bearcharge in the swamps "approximately as well" as I did in the forest. (Which still wasn't great, but was at least better than I could manage in a swamp as a survivalist.)

TacFri 04-Mar-11 09:54 AM
2050 posts
#97758, "I'm guessing this is correct"
In response to Reply #10

Though explorer swampdweller doesn't get bearcharge, so I can't say for certain.

IsildurFri 04-Mar-11 12:03 PM
5969 posts
#97759, "RE: I'm guessing this is correct"
In response to Reply #11

I was musing about the swamp-bearcharge quality of a forester/explorer. Swamp-bearcharge seemed to suck for forester/survivalist. Just wondering whether it would have worked better for forester/explorer.

Ghrim (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-11 05:03 PM
Charter member
#97728, "Breathing a large sigh of relief here."
In response to Reply #0

You really, really, really had a knack for finding me in the worst possible places at the worst possible times.

I still have no idea how I escaped from you in Barovia without the Head. That's definitely a top five moment in this character for me.

Hope you enjoy your next.

TacThu 03-Mar-11 02:38 PM
2050 posts
#97745, "That isn't how I recall it...."
In response to Reply #1

But I don't feel like looking at my logs.

From what I recall, you escaped because of a crash, and you had the head the whole time, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I'm suprised you remember, since I had forgotten this character even existed.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm sure it's a tough road to hoe for you.

Tac

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97727 Previous topic | Next topic