Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Teltranix Voss the High Wizard of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97713
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Mar-11 11:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97713, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Teltranix Voss the High Wizard of the Arcane"

Tue Mar 1 22:16:22 2011

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Teltranix perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:110

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Allysia (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-11 08:13 AM
Charter member
#97722, "Awww"
In response to Reply #0

I saw Ghrim's post, I guess I missed what happened that set this off. (and thanks for trying to calm him down ghrim, classy thing as a player to do I think) Bad days happen, hope it was not something that really turned you off to anything and just maybe frustration with the particular character. I'd agree with him, we all have just s**t days sometimes.

I thought you were doing pretty well, there have been some tough spots but I had finally gotten you something you were looking for, just waiting to see you again to give it to you. I try to help the Nexuns where I can, but sometimes it takes me a little time. Might have helped you out some, actually quite a bit given the problems you said you always seemed to have with losing your weapons.

Oh well, I do hope to see you back in the fields. Island or whatever sounds fun to play for you.

And for what's it worth, I liked Teltranix.

jalbrinWed 02-Mar-11 05:43 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97729, "RE: Awww"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks, Allysia was one of my favorite characters. Like Zaka did when I was lower level, you were completely willing to take a bunch of people with little eqp or prep knowledge around Thera, finding them gear and teaching them the little tricks. I appreciated that, as I'm sure other cabal members did as well. People say Fortress is the "best" newb cabal, but I think Nexus gives it a run for it's money. You get to fight everyone and everything at some point or another, and there's usually a good mix of helpful vets and other inexperienced players willing to run around and explore with you.

My last two characters have been Nexun, and it's still my favorite cabal, but I think my next is going to be uncaballed. My main problem is that while I have the theory down, and I've even got experience in pk fights, I'm still lacking on the ground knowledge. Where to get certain preps, where to find decent hero level regear and weapons, etc. I always roll a character telling myself I'm going to get some proper exploring done with it, but then I cabal it. And I'm not the kind of player that can sit back while someone has the Item or the Balance is off/criminals are around/whatever and be comfortable saying "Well, I need to upgrade my shinies knowledge, so it can wait." I'm thinking uncaballed, at most a Herald, is the answer here.

Allysia (Anonymous)Thu 03-Mar-11 09:19 AM
Charter member
#97741, "Quite welcome, good luck on your next character."
In response to Reply #3

We're newb friendly, but I think all cabals should be (except scion) just because it's better for the game if newer people get to learn the ins and outs. I'm more of the thought that people learn better by teaching and guiding and hand holding when necessary. Others just say let people learn for themselves, but I think that can be overwhelming in CF, so I try to soften that when I can.

To play a nexun is easy, that is true. But it can require a lot more of people, just because you have to know how to fight literally everyone in Thera. So you do get a lot of exposure and learn various tactics for whatever class you are. Villagers a lot of the time are the focus, but there are tricks for them as a transmuter. Using mass soften/slow and such which are area spells, to get around spellbane for example.

You can always upgrade shinies in down time. That's one thing I try to help the less experienced with, showing them how to deal with a full or moderate looting so they can be up and having fun again in not too long. Of course, I still get my fair share of deaths and lost things too, and I'm still learing things in CF all the time myself, but I find it easier to go through that with someone helping you out than alone.

Ghrim (Anonymous)Tue 01-Mar-11 11:29 PM
Charter member
#97714, "I'm glad we got to talk a couple times after your "melt..."
In response to Reply #0

There just isn't a lot I can do without breaking my own RP to tell you certain things.

I sent up a pray asking an Immortal to talk to you and calm you down that day, and when we had subsequent interactions you were more than normal with your RP, and you should be commended for that.

We all have ####ty days. I won't ever judge you (or anyone else) for your worst day, for what it is worth. I know there have been a couple times I've melted down much worse than that in the past.

Other than that you were a fairly tough character and I was literally giddy when I killed you in the Weald. That was a totally touch-and-go situation, and after thirst fell I had ~100hp.

Good luck with your next.

jalbrinWed 02-Mar-11 05:52 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#97730, "RE: I'm glad we got to talk a couple times after your "
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, that was a pretty bad night for me, and the first time in years I've actually gone OOC. I appreciate the patient way you handled it, and just so you know, no immortal ever talked to me; I just logged off for an hour, chilled out, and logged back on to immediately write you that apology note.

Battle pissed me off, and honestly, that's great. I was their enemy, and it meant they were playing the game right. Learning to deal with bad odds is something I also need to get more experience in. It's a crappy situation, knowing that to retake your item you're going to need to face 2-4 berserkers at the giant, with at least one of them being a whip spec. Or having your only decent weapon weaponbroken every time you fight one of the Village's axe specs. But I'm fully aware that that's the game that CF is, and that dealing with stuff like this is just part of the game that I need to get better at. If Battle wasn't firmly in a pendulum upswing, I'd probably just roll a rager. I've never played one, but I've got a feeling that's something they deal with a lot.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97713 Previous topic | Next topic