Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the Holy ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97702
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Mar-11 12:32 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97702, "(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the Holy of Faith, Deckhand"

Tue Mar 1 11:29:56 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Grigor perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:332

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..., Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 03-Mar-11 08:23 PM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..., Grigor (Anonymous), 02-Mar-11 06:19 PM, #3
Reply Sigh...., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 02-Mar-11 08:27 PM, #4
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..., Neltouda, 19-Mar-11 07:46 PM, #6
     Reply Just a tangent comment for Neltouda and the Imms, lasentia, 20-Mar-11 12:54 AM, #7
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..., Nathuel (Anonymous), 02-Mar-11 01:57 AM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..., Thwrerrorip (Anonymous), 01-Mar-11 06:14 PM, #1

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Thu 03-Mar-11 08:23 PM
Charter member
#97752, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..."
In response to Reply #0

I really really liked Grigor. You shared some of my weird playtimes, and the characters sorta clicked, imo. I could tell you were new to some of the mechanics, first time class and cabal is rough. Forget it, though, pk'ing is for dorks. Grigor was a good character, and that's what I liked.

GLWYN

Grigor (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-11 06:19 PM
Charter member
#97731, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..."
In response to Reply #0

First off apologies to Balta for breaking my promise to stick it out to the end, I really tried but the frustration I was having with the shaman class was just too much and that last fight with the bard sealed the deal on my complete suckiness at playing a shaman.

Second apology to Aaooki for having helped talk him out of doing exactly this. I was close to CON death anyways though.

Goodbyes to everyone in Outlander, Balta you are a great leader probably the best ive ever been under, nice and laid back just the way I like it but still respected.

Nathuel I had wands for you but you and I seemed to start logging in at different times. Alas. Hope you found or find yours.

Cid - one of my faves even if we didn't get to interact alot. I just like ya! In a completely professional manner of course.

Neltouda - Wish I could have interacted with you more, you seem to be cool. Wasn't sure how I was doing bringin the storm.

Athioles -always fun raiding with you, im not sure why you get all the haterade you do, you were cool with me.

Thwrrerorip - yeah I think we just fell prey to 'hero syndrome' where you get to hero and being part of a cabal you dont really hang out like you do when you are ranking.

Karak - HATED YOU but in a loving wish you were dead but pushed me to be stronger kind of way.

Miyatzi - See above.

Mundin - You sure like to talk alot. Sheesh.

Anyways...

My very first empowered character ever. Obviously my first shaman. And my very first outlander. Created grigor to be my underwater exploration character and figured Neltouda's religion was a natural fit for that. Got to find out alot of places for good-only gear and how to get through elven vaults real well, really moved me a step closer to someday making a Fort character. Ive tried Battle, Empire, Scions and now Outlander. Only Fort and Nexus left...someday. Grigor did make me feel pretty good about being...good. I uually play evils so this was a learning experience.

Now to my commentary on shamans...

Part of the reason I picked shaman was because I wated to see what all the reasons were for why people say they need a revamp and now I know a bit more.

PROS:

1. I could take a good bit of damage by the time I got to hero between protections, special herbs, and healing.

CONS:

1. I kept running out of mana. Seriously... By the time i finished using all my supps to protect myself and got into a fight I had maybe 4 rounds of combat before id be dangerously close to tapped (leaving enough mana to word if necessary)

2. Failed supps SO OFTEN it was ridiculous. For the record for all you folks making comments on dio's - I DID - try and energy drain quite often including that posted fight with Miyatzi and as usual each and every time it failed. After Karak tooled me with Energy Drain so often it was natural for me to try it until I figured out having the same spell/supp doesnt necessarily mean you will be as successful with it. Don't know if this was because of me being a storm giant or what. Long story short - outside of protections, nearly every supp I used required me to try at LEAST twice if not three times for it to land. Summoning people was horrific. I could sit there and go from full mana to zero trying to summon people and it happened like that often enough to be problematic. Which only fed into CON #1.

3. LASH SUCKS!!! And as far as I could tell it was the only skill/supp to keep someone in a fight...not that in most fights I actually WANTED to stay in the fight but when ganking it would have been nice for SOMETHING to work to keep someone in a fight.

Didnt really notice much out of my warpriest training, think i saw an echo every now and again when my armor deflected a blow and chocked it up to being a heavy armor warpriest.

Thats all folks!

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Wed 02-Mar-11 08:27 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #3

Was a good run brother... Glad I could make your first outlander experience a good one, when I am awake I try to make the whole cabal dynamics thing fun for everyone...

and man, the times we were outnumbered, I was by myself and I saw you log on, it really made me happy, because I knew all I had to ask you to do was come help me pick off some spire slaves, and youd be right there to summon them out of hiding We rocked quite a few of em...

I kind of wished you would have told me about having a problem with bards, I could have showed you some great preps that normally help you run through a bard no problem... or at the very least make em flee

A couple time I think I had to leave thera early due to real life issues, I have two kids and run my own company, and felt kind of bad about it, so wanted to explain to you why sometimes I have to suddenly log out... I try to plan my logins where that wont happen, but sometimes you cannot predict kids...

I also remember you mentioning to me once you would have liked to be sunwarden.. too be honest I am not sure why that didnt come through, for awhile you were the most active lightwalker in outtie... I am not sure if the imms want certain pk stats to consider that... I know for Harbinger and Reaver they do but I do not believe they do for Sunwarden.. only thing I can come up with is now and then you would say something over CB that was either borderline ooc and just ooc...

one time was something to do with Ancient instincts if I remember correctly..

Also, about being a cool, laid back leader... all Harbinger should be that way.. lets face it, outlander is not empire or tribunal, we dont bark orders, we ask... everyone is free to do what they want, if I or the ancients see something obviously against outlander rp, we deal with it, otherwise its all good.

and so you know, I play ALOT of outlander, all three branches, this isnt my first Harbinger so I kind of know how it should go...

anyways to wrap it up, I really like Grigor, thought it was a good char and hope you come back to outlander... if you like evils do a Reaver, you'll love it!

GLWYN

Balta

NeltoudaSat 19-Mar-11 07:46 PM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97960, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..."
In response to Reply #3

I really did enjoy Grigor. No, Grigor was not perfect... Grigor was not a prime example of what I would want a follower to be like, but I was still impressed. The biggest thing I liked about this character was the fact that he did not approach me with what has become a cookie cutter term with my followers. My followers *LOVE* to use the term "inspiration". I hate it. I have a very open religion that basically only requires roleplay. So many people come to me and to all sorts of other characters and think that if they say inspiration about 20 times they are now hotshop rpers. Wrong. I loved that this character came to me not knowing exactly what was up, but wasn't afraid to figure it out his own way. I try to make the concept of the religion relatively clear to everyone, so it would be nice to know if you thought the message was clear. Unfortunately, since I've been trying this approach it still seems hard to get quality rp in that general direction out of people. Also, I was pleased to see that Grigor was on the higher end for exploration, considering that was one of his reasons for joining the crew. My only complaint about this character would be rp consistency. I *do* watch, and I don't always let you know I'm watching for obvious reasons. Generally speaking, if I catch characters not using complete sentences, I'm not going to tattoo them. While this isn't the only reason why I would or wouldn't tattoo someone, it plays into it. It's hard to RP when you have no inflection to your "voice". I did catch Grigor making this mistake on a few occasions.

lasentiaSun 20-Mar-11 12:54 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97967, "Just a tangent comment for Neltouda and the Imms"
In response to Reply #6

You played Calbaseetie ( a nexun healer, can't bother to check spelling) if my memory serves. I had a chance to interact you with some trash test char I rolled, and briefly with my herald in the 5th age. I recall you had a complaint about the PB back then that the RP was a little lax.

And I would just like to say that you know how to rp and play a mort and stay entirely IC more so then 95% of people that play CF. And I thank you for that, and hope you play another mort soon. I think we all know Imms for excellent RP, but when we get it from fellow mortals it is just as awesome and ups our RP as players.When it is with an Imm there is the notion you are doing it for an imm, with a mort, they don't grant xp or anything, it's solely for the experience.

I think you, Iunna, Borkahd, Twist, and all the others that have played morts I've interacted with do amazing things for CF when you play as one of us, in addition to what you do for Cf as Imms.

And I'm hoping maybe some of you play morts again. Cause I truly believe you all do a lot for CF as Imms, but you also do a lot when you play morts as well.

And Zulgh, lets see you out there playing in the game you've made so utterly amazing for us! Enjoy the world you keep running for us. I made you a drink with my herald only cause I can't buy you a beer in real life for all you do for us.

Nathuel (Anonymous)Wed 02-Mar-11 01:57 AM
Charter member
#97719, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..."
In response to Reply #0

This sucks, liked having him around. Well hope everything works out better with your next or whatever.

Thwrerrorip (Anonymous)Tue 01-Mar-11 06:14 PM
Charter member
#97711, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Grigor Stormbringer the H..."
In response to Reply #0

I dug Grigor.
Early on we hung out alot, and then
I dunno what happened, my times have
gotten seriously jacked though so maybe
that was it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97702 Previous topic | Next topic