Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of Warfa..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97528
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 17-Feb-11 07:12 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97528, "(CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of Warfare, Initiate of the Scarab, Village Outcast"

Thu Feb 17 18:11:10 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Zaahir perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:179

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Palia (Anonymous), 18-Feb-11 12:20 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Igsoeh, 18-Feb-11 10:16 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Igsoeh, 17-Feb-11 07:25 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Athioles, 17-Feb-11 08:51 PM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Igsoeh, 17-Feb-11 09:24 PM, #6
     Reply Ganging, Athioles, 18-Feb-11 04:35 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..., Igsoeh, 17-Feb-11 09:15 PM, #5
Reply My favorite from your list..., Thwrerrorip (Anonymous), 18-Feb-11 01:20 PM, #14
Reply rapid con loss, Scarabaeus, 19-Feb-11 09:00 PM, #15
Reply I dug this character!, Nnaeshuk, 20-Feb-11 11:15 AM, #17
Reply Damn. I suspected this was coming., Eck (Anonymous), 17-Feb-11 10:59 PM, #7
Reply RE: Damn. I suspected this was coming., Igsoeh, 18-Feb-11 11:30 AM, #11
Reply Up yer smokey arse!, Ysaloerye, 18-Feb-11 11:52 AM, #12
Reply RE: Up yer smokey arse!, Igsoeh, 18-Feb-11 12:28 PM, #13
Reply Thanks to whoever picked up the PBF! nt, Igsoeh, 20-Feb-11 12:09 AM, #16
Reply Regardless of RP differences between us, this was a sup..., Ghrim (Anonymous), 17-Feb-11 07:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Regardless of RP differences between us, this was a..., Igsoeh, 17-Feb-11 07:29 PM, #3

Palia (Anonymous)Fri 18-Feb-11 12:20 AM
Charter member
#97539, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #0

I wish you would've responded to -anything- I ever said to you. I made you a painting, and I wanted to show you, but you kind of just ignored me. I know, I know, "kill the mage," but a little back and forth would've been fun. Ah well. Now I guess I get to find -another- favorite enemy.

IgsoehFri 18-Feb-11 10:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97544, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, I know. I wish there would have been a bit more interaction too. But it just wasn't Zaahir's way to sit around and talk with his enemies. If you would have tried to discuss the scarab side of things, he was a bit more talkative. Also, I the player really wanted to see that painting. Maybe if you commission a bard to show everyone.... Im just saying. I actually realized that I forgot to mention you, Freyjah and Sirak on my goodbye, so I'll do it now. I definitely should have had you about three or four more times, but I missed the bash. Then you got smart and I couldn't bash you.

Freyjah- Zaahir's hated you because you were a mage. But he was mildly obsessed with killing you because he knew it would hurt Sirak. He couldn't accept him going from evil to good. Strike the heart of the enemy, all that. Thanks for giving me a rush a few times at the Inn.

Sirak- Really enjoyed our interactions and wish you would have been around more. Having played a character that went half way down the path you are going, I know your pain. Doing it as an anethema is almost masochistic though. Haha. Good luck if you're still around.

IgsoehThu 17-Feb-11 07:25 PM
201 posts
#97530, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #0

Had a blast. But the end was really bleh. Thought the way I got booted from the village was weak, didn't get any RP about it or anything until a few days later. On top of that, it seems the gangs came out of the woodwork even more after I got kicked, like sharks smelling blood in the water. Which I guess I deserved for all the unprotected mages I bashed down. Got alot of kills, if Ghrim wasn't blowing smoke I was on par with the Drillmaster when I got booted. Had more mage kills than Doban and Ghrim, so I feel pretty good about that. Where this character really went downhill was after Uhariz looted me to the pies. God that sucked. I had a pretty killer set and after that Zaahir was never the same. I learned the hard way that entwine can be an I win button, but you have to land it and get that other sword in your hand IMMEDIATELY. I took at least ten deaths getting fancy with my flails. But I was going for the glory, so I guess that's what I get. The Sacer interactions were great. As always. I wasn't exactly trying to go scarab, more just have some scarab leanings, but that's where it went. I'll post logs of the some of the interaction. It lived up to the hype. I wish Zaahir would have. Overall I was pretty satisfied, I really wish I could have made it to 48, was going to take Renewal and train some more CON. Wish I could say I went down swinging, but an unprotected warrior getting ganged down doesn't put up much of a fight. I'm going exploring next! Then maybe I'll try out a mage for once. But after that, I'm going back to suicidal berserkers.

Will post goodbyes in a bit, got to pick up the kid!

AthiolesThu 17-Feb-11 08:51 PM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#97535, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed our interactions. You were very slippery at times. I had no idea you were that close to death or I'd of probably given you a little more space but ultimately you represented everything my character fights against.

Good luck with your next. Explore chars are always a good break.

IgsoehThu 17-Feb-11 09:24 PM
201 posts
#97537, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #4

Can't say I was a huge Athioles fan. But yeah, we were polar opposites and I did goad you on. You utilized crashing very well. The only thing I would say is that I would like to see you fight more on your own. You can handle yourself and it just seems that you pile it on unnecessarily sometimes. Which isn't bad RP at all, but from the RL side of things, it can eat at you. Good luck going forward.

AthiolesFri 18-Feb-11 04:35 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#97541, "Ganging"
In response to Reply #6

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not defending myself because I honestly see nothing wrong with ganging or getting ganged. I've done it with this character and I've also had it done to me. I'm just stating my opinion as I think the idea of the Fortlaner ganksquad has gotten greatly blown of proportion lately.

With that being said I keep record of every single pk win, assist, and death. As of right now I have over 100 pk wins and 30 assists. Of which well over half are solo. Since heroing things have slowed drastically and I only have 19 pk's, 15 assists, and 8 pk deaths (2 assassinates, Sivyh you bastard ). While your criticism is valid (while others like Jerrokrar's are not) I think the bad taste is more so a testament to the status of the Fortress. If I was on alone, I'd be pking alone. Since I'm on with multiple Squires I'm often using cry of deliverance more than I'm actually walking around.

I'll reiterate that I enjoyed Zaahir and I wish I could have interacted with you as an evil as well but i only play one character at a time when I'm leading a cabal. I hope we cross paths again on friendlier terms.

Cheers

IgsoehThu 17-Feb-11 09:15 PM
201 posts
#97536, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Zaahir al-Salil the Champion of W..."
In response to Reply #2

So, on to the goodbyes.

Sacer- Very cool. Thanks for everything. Getting your tat was completely unexpected and obviously made a huge impact on this character. Sorry I let you down at the end, I guess I'm just a little too suicidal for my own good. Also, I think that I was getting the religioin, but any feedback as to that would be good. I know it felt way different from the interaction I had with Cyradia many years ago when the whole concept just seemed to fly right over my head. I honestly want to roll up a Zaahir 2.0 and explore the path I was headed down more. Thanks again and great work as always.

Thror- I tried alot to talk to you when the char was younger, he was interested in the whole forging thing and the concepts of your religion fit very much with his own personal mantra. When someone talks to Draugnir, do you get an echo?

Ysa- Good interactions. Sorry I never got you Ganjani's hide. I seriously killed her like four or five times and either I couldn't make a hide, or her devil killed her, or a wood-elf mob, or... you get the point.

Whoever booted me- Like I said, pretty bleh. It would have been different if I had never retreated to the Temple to fight Maran before, or if I had been talked to, smited, cursed, something like that. The dream and interaction with the giant would have made sense if this character had a reputation for hiding. But I'm pretty sure I didn't. If I was getting my ass handed to me, yeah, I retreated. Anyway, just felt like a poor ending for what I thought was a good villager effort.

Twist- Was cool when you came down and scolded me for fighting/trashtalking Aerthylin.

Battle:
Ghrim- Responded below, good job, good Commander. Really enjoyed our interactions and banter. I hope that I pushed the envelope without making it too uncomfortable. Good luck going forward.

Themalril- Great job, was really bummed when you left and knew things would go badly for me without you around.

Throthgor- Enjoyed running with you when we did. Sorry about rescuing you when we were fighting Mharl. I was definitely not on my game that night. Was super tired and should have been sleeping instead of playing. Oh well. He tooled us both anyway.

Flaaayin- I think you do a good job, I guess I don't see any of the douchiness besides a few bad jokes. Haha. You definitely make people think twice when you're around. Keep it up.

Trunc- Great job, Zaahir hated gnomes, so we didn't interact all that much. Keep up the good work.

Eck- Good RP as always, keep it up and I hope you get assassinate perfected!

Qenorith- Good RP, sorry we never got to have our fight.

Other goodies- Thanks for playing along. I always like that good vs evil banter and stuff in the village.

Doban, Yrork, Elgroth, Verren, Shaidin and the others. Thanks for the good times. The village is always a blast.

Enemies:
Fort- Nothing good to say about many of you, so I won't.

Rhone- Great fights. Don't think we had alot of talks, but you are one of the good ones.

Alliorus- I really had your number. You got me your fair share too though, especially after I got booted. That first time when you and Aerth ambushed me in the Ruins was well done.

Aerthylin- My nemesis in many ways. Enjoyed our fights and brief interactions, was perfect that you were a Twist paladin.

Pyogor- Good talk, I was outmatched the few times we fought. Wish there would have been more chances to interact.

Gawrin- Tough forms, I think I only got you that one time in Galadon, and I very nearly had you at least two or three times when you were in form. Good fights.

Nexus:

Teltranix- You are the only one I can remember fighting alot with. Had some good ones. Really wish I would have gotten you that last one at the village before the marans pasted me again.

Scion:

Mharl- Wish I would have been able to get to hero and fight you more as a villager. I think we could have had some good ones. Keep it up!

Empire:

Didn't really fight you guys much, Jerrorkrar you owned me that one time on Eastern. Never really got too much of a chance with the rest of you. Oh, Insa, you are one slippery bastard.

Tribs:

Lot of good fights. Sherys, I really wanted to get on an even field with you again and fight. Derialx I always wanted to fight you too, just to see how I could stack up with some iron swords against an elf bard. Miyatzi, not a big fan, but well done on uninducting yourself after that fight.

Uhariz- F you. Haha. No big deal, just sucks to lose a choice set like that. I should have had you in the twilight mansion too, I just HAD to get all fancy with the flails. Dumb dumb dumb. Good fights and I made more mistakes fighting you than any other player. Good job.

I know I'm forgetting folks. Just yell and I'll respond. Take it easy everyone and I'll see you in the fields!

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Iomyndor
Ildareen
Ulthinius
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion
Eled ibn Llibani
Istilion Ar-Ostoeldarin
Kale Jast
Belric VI
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Volundr Hrafanrekkr and now
Zaahir al-Salil

Thwrerrorip (Anonymous)Fri 18-Feb-11 01:20 PM
Charter member
#97549, "My favorite from your list..."
In response to Reply #5

Kyrilos Divumarchos
Man I hated/loved that character. Hehe.

Sorry I didn't interact with you with this
character. It just didn't work out that way.
I don't even think I was in a fight with you
except for my bare appearance in that last
bit.

Luck with the next.

ScarabaeusSat 19-Feb-11 09:00 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#97559, "rapid con loss"
In response to Reply #5

I was curious how you were going to balance your cult dedication with the demands of Battle; I think large in part you were doing fine, but we didn't really get to see that play out after you were removed from the village. I certainly welcome you to try again--but you might want to do so without a cabal commitment!

NnaeshukSun 20-Feb-11 11:15 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#97564, "I dug this character!"
In response to Reply #5

Very well played from everything I saw. I was silently cheering for you.

Nae-nae

Eck (Anonymous)Thu 17-Feb-11 10:59 PM
Charter member
#97538, "Damn. I suspected this was coming."
In response to Reply #2

In fact, I had a plan to speak with you about some past Villagers who had suffered adversity but persevered. I was going to claim to have been searching the Village history to inspire you. The plan was to end by telling you about Kale Jast. I thought you would have gotten a kick out of that. Damn.

I'm sorry I didn't get to RP with Zaahir more, but keeping to the shadows and stalking almost all the time limits the amount of RP I've gotten to do with non-detect hidden folks. I had a lot of questions about how you could serve a Lich lord and yet be a Villager. I suppose they'll go unanswered..for now.

Great work as usual.

GLWYN

IgsoehFri 18-Feb-11 11:30 AM
201 posts
#97545, "RE: Damn. I suspected this was coming."
In response to Reply #7

Haha, that would have been pretty funny. As for serving the lich. I see Sacer as a god, and nothing about his religion is particularly magical. I think the only god off-limits for a villager is Twist, probably Valg, but I think I could make a pretty solid case to be a Valg follower. Thanks and I'll see you in the fields!

YsaloeryeFri 18-Feb-11 11:52 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#97546, "Up yer smokey arse!"
In response to Reply #2

Overall I liked Zaahir as a character, suitably evil and selfish, decent at the kill more often than not. Sorry but you were nowhere near the Mageslayer in kills, so Ghrim was indeed blowing smoke.
Unfortunately, liking a character doesn't save you from the boot when your IC choices begin to push you into gray areas of what I expect of Berserkers. I completely understood your char's choice with going to pray to the Father of Devils, but that choice drew you into some murky areas in terms of berserker. As far as getting RP before the boot, I did make a statement over the CB before I uninducted, although on reflection I should have left you in long enough to see the echo of my boot stomping on your hut. You would have gotten the same dream you had a few days later if you had stayed on and slept, but you logged off. The door was left open for you getting back in, but you didn't pursue it.
As for CON you probably would have gotten a quest if you had asked for it, but again you never did.

IgsoehFri 18-Feb-11 12:28 PM
201 posts
#97547, "RE: Up yer smokey arse!"
In response to Reply #12

Yeah, I knew I was pushing it, but even a subtle warning would have straightened me out. That being said, the Biddy isn't in to subtle warnings I'm sure. As for the door, I know I closed it, and I knew it was open. I just figured it could be fun to give it a shot. Which... I think it would have been had we gotten the temple open and I hadn't been getting splattered all over the place. I knew I wasn't close to mageslayer, he told me that much, just said I was on par with Flaaayin and had more kills than him and Doban. The CON thing I was gonna go for with Sacer, but didn't see him again.

All in all, I get your point, just don't totally agree with it. No big deal. I had a blast and your interactions are top notch as always. Been a fan of yours since you were a mort. I'll be back soon!

IgsoehSun 20-Feb-11 12:09 AM
201 posts
#97562, "Thanks to whoever picked up the PBF! nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Ghrim (Anonymous)Thu 17-Feb-11 07:18 PM
Charter member
#97529, "Regardless of RP differences between us, this was a sup..."
In response to Reply #0

Question to you though...did you accomplish what you had hoped for?

Did you expect never to get uninducted? Were you suprised when you were?

All in all a great effort. You stood out amongst the pack, so kudos.

IgsoehThu 17-Feb-11 07:29 PM
201 posts
#97531, "RE: Regardless of RP differences between us, this was a..."
In response to Reply #1

Accomplished alot of what I wanted to, but not all at the end. I was actually going to wait until the prophecy war was in full swing and challenge you for leadership. Hah. Zaahir didn't think you were strong enough to do what might have to be done, like burn Darsylon, or something extreme like that. I expected I MIGHT get uninducted, but when it didn't happen in the first couple days, I figured I was safe. When it did happen my jaw dropped. I was disappointed that I didn't get a reason why until quite a while later. And you were there for that, so.... You are doing a really good job. Thanks for the great interactions.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97528 Previous topic | Next topic