Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Cawr Bashan the Dark Scourge of Imper..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97284
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 31-Jan-11 08:20 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97284, "(CON LOSS) [None] Cawr Bashan the Dark Scourge of Imperial Enmity, Anathema to the Empire"

Mon Jan 31 19:17:26 2011

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Cawr perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:429

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked you. Awesome job. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 03-Feb-11 07:53 AM, #20
Reply I remember you well, Danaul (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 12:07 AM, #6
Reply I will say it again., Kawkraw (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 12:32 AM, #7
Reply I will say it again., Kawkraw (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 12:32 AM, #8
Reply And so it ends: Goodbyes, Amberion, 31-Jan-11 08:42 PM, #1
     Reply What a horrible way to go.., Draktun (Anonymous), 31-Jan-11 08:59 PM, #2
     Reply Bigtime thumbsup!, Nnaeshuk, 31-Jan-11 09:57 PM, #3
     Reply City Guard FTW!, Allysia (Anonymous), 31-Jan-11 10:36 PM, #4
     Reply RE: And so it ends: Goodbyes, Lylesse (NOT Balta), 31-Jan-11 10:53 PM, #5
     Reply About the corpse..., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 01-Feb-11 10:46 PM, #17
     Reply Awww., Thwrerrorip (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 04:26 AM, #9
     Reply Pegged you early on as Cawr, Abernyte, 01-Feb-11 04:35 AM, #10
     Reply Classy Foe, Eck (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 09:51 AM, #11
     Reply Ugly Git, Ysaloerye, 01-Feb-11 02:56 PM, #12
     Reply Thanks alot! And welcome back! , Amberion, 01-Feb-11 05:48 PM, #14
     Reply Another character that I could learn a lot from through..., Thuorn (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 04:12 PM, #13
     Reply Fire giant in human suit was the impression I got, Puwtoc (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 09:48 PM, #15
     Reply Like, a real Fire Giant RPing a Human? /nt, Swordsosaurus, 01-Feb-11 10:02 PM, #16
     Reply RE: And so it ends: Goodbyes, Onya (Anonymous), 02-Feb-11 03:12 PM, #18
     Reply RE: And so it ends: Goodbyes, Malakhi, 02-Feb-11 07:56 PM, #19

Batman (inactive user)Thu 03-Feb-11 07:53 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

You were scary as crap, and definitely a pleasant presence. :->

Danaul (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 12:07 AM
Charter member
#97295, "I remember you well"
In response to Reply #0

Don't have much to say though, we only fought once and I would've liked more when I'd get a less crappy set and skills. Didn't realize you wouldn't be around for that long.

Also I just hate people who gloat, and you were polite.
GLWYN

Kawkraw (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 12:32 AM
Charter member
#97296, "I will say it again."
In response to Reply #6

Our conversation was one of the highlights of my character.

I saw you and went to talk to you on a whim thinking you would blow me off with a dumb fire comment, but you didn't and it was quite rewarding personally.

thanks again for the information and showing me around.

GLWYN

Kawkraw (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 12:32 AM
Charter member
#97297, "I will say it again."
In response to Reply #6

Our conversation was one of the highlights of my character.

I saw you and went to talk to you on a whim thinking you would blow me off with a dumb fire comment, but you didn't and it was quite rewarding personally.

thanks again for the information and showing me around.

GLWYN

AmberionMon 31-Jan-11 08:42 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97285, "And so it ends: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I rolled Cawr to make a copy of my char Khaer that I had pre-purge. The roll was totally different though and I really liked it.
My goal was to focus on learning how to play APs and to RP.

When I hit 36 I had decided to sit there until fire control, but Jharazoul the current high priest decided that he wanted me to lvl. So he forced me to 40 basically. It took like 1.5 hours tops. Was AMAZING to power like that.

So I sat at 40 until I got undispellable grip and somewhat beyond that, then I got powered AGAIN to 51, or 46? Anyways I didn't have any controls at lvl 51 if I remember correctly.

So I started playing around, and things went well, but slow. RP wasn't working at all since I got the feeling that everyone looked at me as a human in a firegiant suit. I did my best to play my role out but I fell through a few times.

Thent he hell trips started. Awesome stuff! In there I got my hands on the mask of anazu for the first time ever. The powergamer in my really wanted to keep that! No more knockouts or assassination attempts! BUT, Targrala wanted it real bad and Cawr wanted controls real bad. So, we made a deal. Hadn't Enlilth stepped in I would've gotten around 40-50 charges from Targrala. Now I got 30. Enlilth didn't forbid us to see the deal through, but Cawr overheard him saying that it was his souls. So Cawr ended the deal in fear of Enlilth (Who he wanted to follow.)

Now, a lot of things happened throughout Cawr's life. You'll need to read the role updates if you want to know it all. I think it's all there.

2 goals I didn't obtain:
1: Getting ALL controls. Was quite a bit from the last one I think.
2: Getting Champion of Man edge, wasn't a goal to begin with but after all the "divine" betrayals towards Cawr it was suiting.

Cawr didn't use town healers for almost 150 hours. (Except 3 days ago when I by accident healed myself.) I had a trigger/alias system in place to prevent me from doing that by mistake, but I had just played another char who used healers and... Bleh.

Immortals:
In general, sorry for all the wierd prays I sent up. But since none told me that I was out of line, I kept them coming when I felt they were in place. I know some of them were quite borderline, but I dind't know where to turn.

Thank you SO much for that title, and the echo. It was super cool.

Enlilth: Why didn't we ever interact? I really wanted too.

Nnaeshuk: Really wanted to get more time to speak with you. But... Things happened and then it felt odd to pick it up where I left. You're awesome btw, from other chars experiences.

Ooh! A question, would I have had a chance of getting some sort of con-quest even though Cawr wasn't going to pray for it ingame? (This was what most of my prays were about.)

Empire:
Overall, I liked Empire A LOT better when it was run by the russians. There were LESS goodie-goodie style in it then, a harsher enviorment. Jharazoul, you were awesome! As were a few others, not that many though.

Fort:
Hrm... Didn't speak that much to you guys. Just fought a bunch. Drayden, you seem cool. How many times did I have you slept and spelled up just to escape? And how close was that fight in the imperial lands?

Scion:
Mharlndarn: No idea if you knew, but Cawr's MAIN goal after he was made Anathema was to kill you. Had a lot of fun RPing with you. I almost lost my temper and went ooc when you killed me when my comp froze and I lost my 65 charge weapon. My whole comp just froze, and then it all just came scrolling down and I was dead. (That's why I could scroll up and see that my mind had cleared, twice.) I had -90 vs paralyize at that point.

Most other scions were really cool to RP with. Good stuff..

Outlanders:
Onya, my only cleave PK-kill. You got me quite a few times with quicksand. Really HATED how crippeled I was at some points facing you.

Balta, you looted my ass when you found my corpse after I teleported from a fiend. Because I had RPed with you at some point saying that I would kill you? Other than that I enjoyed our fights. (I almost lost my temper when you said that. rofl)

Tribnual:
Mundin, my oldest friend. You were there for the first hell trips and we explored a lot of places together. I wanted you to get my last death, but the cityguard got it instead. Awesome char!

Miyatzi, we were a deadly combo. Kickass invoker! Keep it up! Thank god you did warant me there. It was super clear.

The rest of you, post and I'll reply.

OOh, and on ABS:
I found my sienna first place I looked, amber in the fifth place I looked and my black in the 32nd black locations I checked. A location that took me 2 hours to get solo with an awesome set and 65 charges on my weapon. (Had to remove my gear because of dent.)

So I never used my black, I used limited barrier wands, and yet I had barrier for 90% of my fights. (Allthough I ALWAYS underprepped. NEVER used poppy juice and VERY rarely stone skin.) Hell most of my fights I didn't even have flight up.

I don't think I did a gear freeze at my peak, but this were my stats when on the top:

1550hps
1200mana
40/76 hit/dam
-90 vs spell
-97 vs paralyze
+25str
perm sneak
Perm invis
perm translucense
and quite some proging gear

Most likely forgetting a ton of stuff here. Anyways, I had a lot of fun! Next time I might do better with an AP. (Third AP, first hero AP and only my fifth mage. First to reach hero.)

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Draktun (Anonymous)Mon 31-Jan-11 08:59 PM
Charter member
#97288, "What a horrible way to go.."
In response to Reply #1

damn OP cityguards! gah, sucky con death...
Oh well! Man, I dunno what it was, but when you were in Empire and I traveled with you and the High Priest, I don't think theres anything more powerful. WHOA WERE U A BEAST. I'm not familiar with the weapon you had that did stuff in combat, but with some charges buffing that thing up it was sick. So glad I was on the right side and not the receiving end.

NnaeshukMon 31-Jan-11 09:57 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#97290, "Bigtime thumbsup!"
In response to Reply #1

Very well played. Mucho respect for sticking it out after Anath. I was hoping that your plans played out, but alas... Every interaction was great. Best of luck with whatever is next.

Nae-nae

Allysia (Anonymous)Mon 31-Jan-11 10:36 PM
Charter member
#97292, "City Guard FTW!"
In response to Reply #1

That is the best con death I think I have seen ever, to go out like that. That city guard should get a badge for that.

Sorry I was not more helpful a lot of times, being a nexun is tough on those things. And I almost let you kill me for charges since you had no deaths left, but I don't think it would have been of much value to you and I don't think there was much of a way to justify me just saying okay kill me.

Really liked Cawr. So many times I was sitting next to you with not a single thing up thinking this fire giant a-p could just bash me and I'd be dead in two rounds and there's not a damn thing I would be able to do about it. For some reason you never did though. I guess better to try and keep some allies as an anathema.

Looking forward to your next.

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Mon 31-Jan-11 10:53 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

Dude.. I had to go for the corpse, simply
because I happened to land.. Walk two
steps and there was your corpse.. It was a
maw mOment.

Our fights always went two ways.. You were
Prepped up and i took off or vica versa..

Either way you stuck anathema and had a great
run..
Glwyn

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Tue 01-Feb-11 10:46 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #5

First I took your weapons and a mask.. I
didn't full.. And the comment about how
you said you would kill me.. It wasn't just
one comment.. In cawr's early years he talked
Constant smack... Not that it is a bad thing.. Cawr
was cool.. And I like all your chars, they keep
getting better.

Thwrerrorip (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 04:26 AM
Charter member
#97299, "Awww."
In response to Reply #1

Major props for keeping it going as anath. Too bad I'll forget
to tell you why I had a soft spot for cawr by the time I die.
I know at times I was a little frustrating not sticking around
I wanted to give you a little fight to keep you (and me) from getting too bored, but I didn't want to die in the fight. Hehe
you finally did get me though. Damnit. That was probably one of the
most pleasant losses I've had. Instead of kicking myself for
the "I should have ..." I just thought "Hell man, he earned that."

Best of luck with the next.

AbernyteTue 01-Feb-11 04:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#97301, "Pegged you early on as Cawr"
In response to Reply #1

so I always knew I was in for some fun fights with Kezawk. That time with the orc near the fortress was great fun but I was gutted when I missed sealing the deal on you!

See you next time around!

-----Abernyte

P.S. Cityguard death = no loot protection = lowbie duergar AP that followed your fight with super loot!

Eck (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 09:51 AM
Charter member
#97303, "Classy Foe"
In response to Reply #1

Always cool to see someone take the defiant Anathema route and you did it well.

We should have fought more, but one of the perks of being an assassin is choosing when to fight and I'm rarely going to choose to fight a decked AP with lightning control unless I'm convinced I have a decent shot of at least running you off. Discern spell is the tool of choice.

That said, assassinating you while you were deputized and surrounded by Tribunals who could see me, and doing it totally legally was one of the high points for me with this character.

Watching you lose a full con at the Destructor that day was painful.

All in all, a really nice job.

GLWYN

YsaloeryeTue 01-Feb-11 02:55 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#97306, "Ugly Git"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 01-Feb-11 02:56 PM

Managed to look in on you a few times towards the end, seemed to do ok from what I could see. I liked the fact you stuck it out for the rest of your life as an Anethema despite losing a few decent unholies. Totally sucky draws on the deck at the end.
You're welcome on the title and echo.

AmberionTue 01-Feb-11 05:48 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#97310, "Thanks alot! And welcome back! "
In response to Reply #12

I do think I sent up a prayer welcoming you the first time I did see you though.

Anywayas, awesome to have you back!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Thuorn (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 04:12 PM
Charter member
#97308, "Another character that I could learn a lot from through..."
In response to Reply #1

Sadly our skirmishes were very limited ... I met you with a previous character as well, Cawr was a good run (as usual).

GLWYN

Puwtoc (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 09:48 PM
Charter member
#97312, "Fire giant in human suit was the impression I got"
In response to Reply #1

Aside from that I thought you had a cool character. The RP was fun, it just didn't usually seem like I was talking to a fire giant. Little stuff like that doesn't really matter a lot to me anyways. I look forward to seeing your next char. Overall, I'd say well done on this one.

SwordsosaurusTue 01-Feb-11 10:02 PM
Member since 16th May 2010
295 posts
#97313, "Like, a real Fire Giant RPing a Human? /nt"
In response to Reply #15

rrrroarrrr

Onya (Anonymous)Wed 02-Feb-11 03:12 PM
Charter member
#97318, "RE: And so it ends: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

A well played character for sure. In the early years you were one of my biggest enemies, and we had battle after battle to prove it. But in the later years our fight kinda peetered out a little. Of course, catching you in quicksand from time to time would always be fun. And that cleave in half is one of the only times in CF where OOC my mouth literally dropped down. As I told you then, that was the last thing I was expecting to happen. Happily I was able to repay you a couple times, and that made me feel better. Anyways, well played and good luck with your next... We could always use more Reavers.. *wink*

MalakhiWed 02-Feb-11 07:56 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97321, "RE: And so it ends: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I was pretty impressed with you when you died 3 times inside the Battle cabal within the span of 20 mins. At the time, I thought you'd been full looted, as well - later I learned that you hadn't - but at the time, those things combined and the fact you didn't rage delete impressed me. Despite the whole complaining about getting looted thing, I think it shows some perspective to resist the urge to delete in those circumstances.

Anyway, I definitely thought a title was well deserved.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97284 Previous topic | Next topic