Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Mayeena the Lady of the Apocalypse" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97278
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 31-Jan-11 06:40 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97278, "(DELETED) [None] Mayeena the Lady of the Apocalypse"

Mon Jan 31 17:39:08 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Mayeena perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:79

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Having played a felar AP or two way back I feel your pa..., Abernyte, 01-Feb-11 04:33 AM, #7
Reply Guess sometimes you burnout slowly, Torak, 31-Jan-11 06:53 PM, #1
     Reply Very cool RP., TheDude, 31-Jan-11 07:21 PM, #2
     Reply Devil's advocate, incognito, 31-Jan-11 08:09 PM, #3
     Reply Whole lot more dying, Torak, 31-Jan-11 08:55 PM, #5
          Reply Guessing you opened with a failed sleep?, incognito, 01-Feb-11 03:41 PM, #8
     Reply Had some awesome RP with you in the guild., Cawr (Anonymous), 31-Jan-11 08:50 PM, #4
     Reply Pity...., Nnaeshuk, 31-Jan-11 10:01 PM, #6
          Reply Thanks, Torak, 02-Feb-11 06:17 PM, #9

AbernyteTue 01-Feb-11 04:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97300, "Having played a felar AP or two way back I feel your pa..."
In response to Reply #0

They are just decrepit, right from the start. I love the idea of them but they are just piss poor for the class. Not great with magic, not smart enough, not physically strong enough to be a good basher! 23 con doesn't appear to give much more hps than a human with 20. Two vulns that are pretty easily exploited! Resist_light damage and feral growl does not make up for it.

If they could have the spine edge they would be pretty decent but it wont ever happen I don't think.

As for giving up, well, my kids are similar ages to yours I think and they do come first but there is always an hour or so every 2nd night and if you play a class that does not need the 100% in skills etc then it is still alright to have fun.

I played an arial maran conjurer, Kezawk and it was like nothing I had played before and it made it fun. No need for skill/spell spam and each login was approximately 2-4 conjurations long. Shifters are great for this too.

-----Abernyte

P.S. You just have to hang up your 'pro-tour' hat and become an average Joe player.

TorakMon 31-Jan-11 06:53 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97279, "Guess sometimes you burnout slowly"
In response to Reply #0

Well, came back after taking a long hiatus since I wasn't having fun with the character at all. Anti-hoarding code basically stripped me naked of all my gear so said to hell with it and deleted.

I made Mayeena on the idea that I'd play completely separated from my friends and do a stand-alone felar AP. They all had Imperials/Villagers/etc and I was making a Scarab AP who had no real friends and enemies with all of them. I solo'd 99% of her life, had nearly straight 100s....all with a felar which is the absolute hardest race to start an AP with. I got close to my first control with basically 1-soul/kill average and spent a majority of the time on prepping to the teeth with catnip/juice/a/b/s/stone/fly/prot/etc...and in the end?

Boring as hell.

Sacer, the interaction was top notch as always, but basically playing someone who has no friends (in and out of the game) and does nothing but stalk around and try and kill the 3-5 people in range at a huge disadvantage gets old real fast. Especially when your friends are going to Hell left and right without you, which is what I really enjoy. I really wish more would join your religion in-game and I had huge hopes that the Church would reopen (or just replace Scion), but it's lofty dreams of a time long gone probably.

My desire to play CF is probably gone as well. Kids are both getting old enough to take up more time, I've got a more intensive job and have WoW and other games to keep me busy where I can socialize and relax. As cool as it'd be to join friends and take down pit fiends, they'd probably get banned if I grouped with them again so I'll leave them to their fun. So we'll see if I come back but considering I nearly let this char auto after intensive practicing, having an awesome set, and nearly to controls....eh, doubt it.

C'est la vie - peace.

TheDudeMon 31-Jan-11 07:21 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
285 posts
#97281, "Very cool RP."
In response to Reply #1

Had some limited interactions with Mayeena... it brought a smile to my face to see someone play such a blatantly disgusting creature, rather than the usual human-in-cat-suit. Good stuff.

I know level sitting is absolutely boring as hell for the reasons you described which is why I usually end up leveling up.

incognitoMon 31-Jan-11 08:09 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97283, "Devil's advocate"
In response to Reply #1

Would it have been more interesting with less prepping?

TorakMon 31-Jan-11 08:55 PM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97287, "Whole lot more dying"
In response to Reply #3

>Would it have been more interesting with less prepping?

So it would have been worse. Sorry, but without friends or some very lucky spots, you're not getting full a/b/s and when there's a villager quest going on and half your range are RBW running around it's not exactly "fun" if you don't prep.

Last weapon I lost (think 14 charges?) I died to spellbane + 2 round with a/s/desen/etc. Without it, probably would have died to spellbane and 1 round

incognitoTue 01-Feb-11 03:41 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97307, "Guessing you opened with a failed sleep?"
In response to Reply #5

That's a high risk tactic if so. One of my ap's was off to a good start (about 30 charges, no deaths) and died damn fast doing that to a rager I'd whupped several times using other tactics.

Cawr (Anonymous)Mon 31-Jan-11 08:50 PM
Charter member
#97286, "Had some awesome RP with you in the guild."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked your char. Was hoping to see more from you.

Hope you come back soon Torak. I usually love your chars.

NnaeshukMon 31-Jan-11 10:01 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#97291, "Pity...."
In response to Reply #1

This was an absolutely wonderful role. I never got to really interact with you, but I remember reading the role very early on and keeping an eye on you ever since. The role made that much of an impact on me. Really well written. Sorry your times didn't work out with Scarab. If you ever decide to pick CF up again, Thera will be a better place with you in it, because you definitely have talent.

Nae-nae

TorakWed 02-Feb-11 06:17 PM
1216 posts
#97319, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #6

Your comment made me smile I synced up with Scarab more than once, but it was spread out over the 76+ hours and was really some of the only interaction I had outside of killing people. When you're a solo man, life gets lonely.

That said, I did love the role and it was one of the reasons I did stick it out. I was kind of surprised more than once that it never got RC loving considering the depth of it....but ya never know what the quality of everyone else's role is as well to compare.

We'll see, I've never been able to fully quit from CF over extend amounts of time (man it's been, what, 14+ years?) so I may squeeze something in fun like Abernyte suggested. Sadly that means no APs and likely no Scarabs but ya never know.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97278 Previous topic | Next topic