Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of Chang..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97029
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 16-Jan-11 03:48 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97029, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sun Jan 16 14:45:42 2011

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Khendel perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:335

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..., HammerSong, 17-Jan-11 09:44 AM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..., Isildur, 17-Jan-11 10:21 AM, #6
Reply My sometimes ally.., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 17-Jan-11 01:13 PM, #7
Reply My sometimes ally.., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 17-Jan-11 01:13 PM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..., Vourecourl (Anonymous), 17-Jan-11 07:44 PM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..., Adekar, 17-Jan-11 10:06 PM, #10
Reply All I want to know is...did you have fun killing ragers..., TMNS, 18-Jan-11 03:53 AM, #11
Reply thumbsup!, Nnaeshuk, 16-Jan-11 04:38 PM, #4
Reply Had some good fights., Cawr (Anonymous), 16-Jan-11 04:31 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..., Arlettien (Anonymous), 16-Jan-11 04:12 PM, #2
Reply Well done, Thuorn (Anonymous), 16-Jan-11 04:07 PM, #1

HammerSongMon 17-Jan-11 09:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97070, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0

This was the second of three characters since my return last year. One of the first things Twist told me when I returned was, "Make a new character (non-rager) and get involved with the game."

I took his advice. I rolled a mage pre-server wipe and got the Ram/Komodo forms. I was hyped! I got to use the Komodo all of twice before the wipe.

I then rolled Khendel and a throw-away character that didn't last very long. So I'll consider this my first character since my return. It was also my first Mage, My first Fortress inductee and my first Maran. I loved every minute of it.

I'll consider this character a success in many ways. I didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to find wands, and I didn't. The wand source that I did find (aura) - I did with the help of a Nexus Mage. Kudos to him. The shields and Barriers that I managed came from corpses of people recently killed. In my eyes, the wand system isn't broken. It's just not easy.

My sincerest thanks go out to members of the Fortress. Nnaeshuk and Adekar are amazing and a very strong presence to the cabal. I'm pretty sure I interacted with Baer pre-baby-wipes and that was a pleasant interaction also.

Twist - Magic contest in the Arena was my first "quest" since coming back. I was pretty amazed that I made second place, considering I didn't know a thing about my abilities and I didn't have the wands that others were using. It was basically a flee/butt fiasco.

Mortals:

Arlettien: You had the largest influence on a very young and impressionable Khendel. I roleplayed that my grandfather died in my hands and made every effort to bring up your name to both my enemies and the Fortress, when I could. Your Maran/balls to the wall mentality really stood out to me and I appreciated you taking me under your wing as an inexperienced member of the Fortress. Big kudos for some of our masterful assaults - including bringing down Ckath.

Ageryn: Also mentioned like Arlettien, a great influence on Khendel and a huge presence in the Fortress. You had a sick way of picking the right moment to off your enemies. More of an assassin than a thief! Great job.

Vourecourl: I wish you the best as Captain. You have an amazing presence. Don't fizzle out like the other Paladin Captains.

Enemies:

Fwipplethunt - you're one of the few I can remember from Nexus. We had some fierce battles but I recall you getting the better of them. Thanks for the interactions.

Cawr/Lam/Hralpelk/Jediel/Scovey/Imperials: most of you were all class acts and very capable Imperials. My chances against you as the Ram were limited, unless I was well prepped or someone else was taking the blows. Thanks for being classy in both defeat and victory.

Gvantulak: Probably one of the more classy character's I've faced - our references to old warriors with walkers was hilarious. You were extremely classy and a great challenge. Thanks for making the last few hours memorable. Damn your frightful fiend!

There were a ton of people that I interacted with and I apologize if I missed anyone. This character had such a long lifespan that I saw people come and go quite often. Glad to be a part of the game again, it is definately worthwhile.

IsildurMon 17-Jan-11 10:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#97079, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #5

I always liked Khendel. Kept expecting you to be made leader, but I guess you weren't around often enough. All I can say is...keep playing mortals.

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Mon 17-Jan-11 01:13 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #5

Was nice having you around when there were a bunch
of imperials about and they held our items.. I am also
glad of our little bargain.. I would not aid a reaver if you struck them
as long as we were not raiding or being raided.. I felt that was fair and it
seems you did too...I did the same for you with the paladins/conjurers/dwarves of
the fort...

Anyways, thought you were cool...

GLWYN

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Mon 17-Jan-11 01:13 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #5

Was nice having you around when there were a bunch
of imperials about and they held our items.. I am also
glad of our little bargain.. I would not aid a reaver if you struck them
as long as we were not raiding or being raided.. I felt that was fair and it
seems you did too...I did the same for you with the paladins/conjurers/dwarves of
the fort...

Anyways, thought you were cool...

GLWYN

Vourecourl (Anonymous)Mon 17-Jan-11 07:44 PM
Charter member
#97099, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #5

Great job. Real balls-to-the-wall char. I played through a number of level 51s fighting alongside you and was always glad when you were about. This validates my two-pence theory that people play the classes that their real life personalities are most similar to. If there was a "maran shapshifter berserker" it would be you. GLWYN!

AdekarMon 17-Jan-11 10:06 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2009
102 posts
#97101, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #5

Neat. I really liked Khendel. I kept trying to think of a title to give you, but generically positive Fortress titles aren't my forte!

Glad you had fun. It was always reassuring to see you around!

TMNSTue 18-Jan-11 03:53 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#97107, "All I want to know is...did you have fun killing ragers..."
In response to Reply #5

I always love when IMMs fight their own cabal (with a mort) or their own followers. I think it allows them to see both sides of the coin per se.

Also, I'm super stoked you are attempting to play mortals. I WANT ANOTHER MINALCAR (mostly because I wasn't playing when the first was around)!

NnaeshukSun 16-Jan-11 04:38 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#97035, "thumbsup!"
In response to Reply #0

Really well played! We had a lot of fun together as morts and you were always a great presence. Great job and I hope you had fun!

Nae-nae

Cawr (Anonymous)Sun 16-Jan-11 04:31 PM
Charter member
#97033, "Had some good fights."
In response to Reply #0

Both as Cawr and as my previous chars. Some good talks too, perhaps not so much with Cawr though.

Arlettien (Anonymous)Sun 16-Jan-11 04:12 PM
Charter member
#97031, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Khendel the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0

You old ####er. Great, great job.

Thuorn (Anonymous)Sun 16-Jan-11 04:07 PM
Charter member
#97030, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Khendel was an inspirational character. Thanks for all the help.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97029 Previous topic | Next topic