Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97018
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 15-Jan-11 01:44 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97018, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jan 15 12:41:10 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Renor perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:248

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefi..., Doban (Anonymous), 17-Jan-11 10:12 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefi..., HammerSong, 16-Jan-11 04:32 PM, #1
     Reply I don't think it was the "door closing" that was the ru..., Vladamir, 17-Jan-11 10:32 AM, #3
          Reply RE: I don't think it was the , HammerSong, 17-Jan-11 12:48 PM, #4
               Reply RE: I don't think it was the , Vladamir, 17-Jan-11 01:46 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: I don't think it was the , HammerSong, 17-Jan-11 02:05 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: I don't think it was the , N b M, 17-Jan-11 05:29 PM, #7

Doban (Anonymous)Mon 17-Jan-11 10:12 AM
Charter member
#97076, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the help trying to get Mino stuff. I liked Renor alot and definitely did not want you to delete. I know you were bummed about not getting DM. You were still nasty as hell and seemed very knowledgeable. A great person to have on your team.

HammerSongSun 16-Jan-11 04:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97034, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Renor the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Renor was a beast. A hell of a BattleRager when it counted. There were a few slip ups, but nothing that would end up being long-lasting.

I'd caution about being careful to call it quits before things play themselves out. There are so many doors opening and closing right now that players end up selling themselves short when they think a door has closed.

Good luck with the next.

VladamirMon 17-Jan-11 10:32 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#97080, "I don't think it was the "door closing" that was the ru..."
In response to Reply #1

I think it was who the door was opened for that caused the deletion. I can't speak from experience, but the general consensus on the forums seems to be that the character who that door WAS opened for is a griefer and a douchebag. Really, nobody likes to see people like that put in charge of anything.

HammerSongMon 17-Jan-11 12:48 PM
679 posts
#97082, "RE: I don't think it was the "
In response to Reply #3

I'll assume you're talking about Flaaayin. Two points:

1: He's still an active character. Slandering characters on any forum who are active is really just bad karma. Save your remarks for his death thread.

2: There is a tremendous deal more to characters that one, or even two interactions with them. What I find rather horrible is that players tend to view thieves as 'griefers' for the very thing that dictates their class - "thievery!"

With that being said, he/she who is made Drillmaster is up to either the Commander or the Immortals. There are also a number of variables that indicate whether that spot is kept. For anyone to take this quest and assume it is 'complete' is to jump to conclusions far too early.

Hope that helps clarify a few things.

VladamirMon 17-Jan-11 01:41 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#97089, "RE: I don't think it was the "
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 17-Jan-11 01:46 PM

>I'll assume you're talking about Flaaayin. Two points:
>
>1: He's still an active character. Slandering characters on
>any forum who are active is really just bad karma. Save your
>remarks for his death thread.

I don't play, I wasn't slandering anyone or calling anyone names. The posts are there to be read, and all I did was said "This seems to be the general opinion". I wasn't stating a fact, aside from the fact that it's been mentioned repeatedly. Also I went out of my way not to mention a name or what they were doing that people considered griefing. However, since you brought specifics up...

>2: There is a tremendous deal more to characters that one, or
>even two interactions with them. What I find rather horrible
>is that players tend to view thieves as 'griefers' for the
>very thing that dictates their class - "thievery!"

Ehh. I can't say much to rebut this, but nobody likes having to constantly replace food and drink vessels. We both know the unwritten code of etiquette changes over the years, but it seems like a petty thing to do, that's done to frustrate the player and not the character. Like you said, the character is active, so I won't say more.

>With that being said, he/she who is made Drillmaster is up to
>either the Commander or the Immortals. There are also a
>number of variables that indicate whether that spot is kept.
>For anyone to take this quest and assume it is 'complete' is
>to jump to conclusions far too early.
>
>Hope that helps clarify a few things.

*shrug* You didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Your first post had the tone of "You didn't get what you wanted, so you took your ball and went home" and I was just pointing out that I don't feel that was the case at all after having spoken to the player in question. I don't think it was that he necessarily wanted the position for himself, but who it was given to that caused the deletion. Beyond clearing that up, I have no opinion on the subject.

HammerSongMon 17-Jan-11 02:05 PM
679 posts
#97090, "RE: I don't think it was the "
In response to Reply #5

...and I wasn't trying to point fingers. I recognize that my 'your' statement probably looked like it was reflected at you, when it was intended for all critics of the current player.

You are correct in the second statement. Based on a healthy forum appetite, what I read was that Renor was:

"Not going to waste my time being ignored / shoved off any longer.

Too whomever picked Flaaayin. Yah, I'd rather be led by a retarded kobold."

The second statement leads me to believe that he would rather not be lead by Flaaayin, nor take up the mantle to lead himself. So the recourse was to delete?

Maybe I read too far into it. We'll leave it to him to respond to.

N b MMon 17-Jan-11 05:29 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#97097, "RE: I don't think it was the "
In response to Reply #6

I don't believe he is coming around any longer to respond.

I hope that the above statement turns out to be absolutely wrong though.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97018 Previous topic | Next topic