Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thraris Nightchild the Hand of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96741
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 24-Dec-10 03:08 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96741, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thraris Nightchild the Hand of the Unseen, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Fri Dec 24 14:04:55 2010

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Thraris perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:252

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thraris Nightchild the Hand of..., Hzerliach, 26-Dec-10 10:04 AM, #5
Reply Thraris goes to work on the Arial City rebuild fulltime, Thraris (Anonymous), 24-Dec-10 04:57 PM, #1
     Reply Thraris was just awesome., Bajula, 24-Dec-10 06:20 PM, #2
     Reply Thanks. About the Light and Kyrilos,, MoetEtChandon, 29-Dec-10 07:25 PM, #11
     Reply You were so hard to nail down and I really wanted to!, Cawr (Anonymous), 24-Dec-10 06:31 PM, #3
     Reply Escaped you at 0% one time :), Thraris (Anonymous), 25-Dec-10 03:41 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Kyrilos, Igsoeh, 26-Dec-10 01:15 PM, #6
     Reply Well actually, MoetEtChandon, 29-Dec-10 07:20 PM, #10
     Reply Well done all around, Nnaeshuk, 26-Dec-10 02:19 PM, #7
     Reply Yeah me too, MoetEtChandon, 29-Dec-10 07:29 PM, #12
     Reply After all the money I donated for the future of the Kin..., Kezawk (Anonymous), 28-Dec-10 02:43 PM, #8
          Reply I'm getting old :(, MoetEtChandon, 28-Dec-10 04:17 PM, #9

HzerliachSun 26-Dec-10 10:04 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2010
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96753, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thraris Nightchild the Hand of..."
In response to Reply #0

Well Done. I could never figure out if your Arial City thing was just you or if you were acting on orders from on high. Thought you were a good Acolyte and your questions were tough but I liked where you were going with them. I figured I'd delete before you and you'd take my spot.

Thraris (Anonymous)Fri 24-Dec-10 04:57 PM
Charter member
#96742, "Thraris goes to work on the Arial City rebuild fulltime"
In response to Reply #0

(DEL) Thraris goes to work on the Arial City rebuild fulltime

I've had a lot of fun with Thraris and personally think I was very successful at what I tried to accomplish. The build (mainly Pickpocket with defensive touches + cheap shot) was fun and the ten extra points I got, I used to buy dual backstab and precision strike, which were extremely cool (though their actual use is debatable ). I think I really got the hang of it, and should try a more offensive Thief someday, so watch that head, next time! I had many plans for Thraris, but I was regularly confronted with the truth that he's just too frail (at least for me) to take on the really interesting bits. Group exploration didn't really ever happened and there's only so much you can do alone, oh well ...

About being an Acolyte, no, it doesn't mean I HAVE to help you just because you ask. So, no, I'm not going to drop everything I do, to get you that 45 level sword for your level 11.

I still think Altruism is one of the most powerful powers available. If used with caution ...

Some thoughts on the class/build:

Blackjack just never got higher than about 80%, which was very weird ... at Hero it almost never failed to not work when I needed it, but whatever.

Gentle walk:
Didn't get much result of it, uh, I think? Likely something I would drop next time.

Shield block:
Not sure why it costs 10 pts, defenses were very good even while dualwielding, so 5 seems more reasonable given the 'not-so-huge-difference'.

Cheap shot:

It's maybe my CET connection lag screwing up my mileage, but it didn't seem that great. Everyone's flying anyway . I could have done without it.

Combat steal:
That's a must for any (exploring) thief.

Improved hide/Acrobatics:

God, Improved hide/Acrobatics be thy name. Largely responsible for keeping me alive even against wild odds.

Dual backstab/Precision strike:

Great for impressing the crowds, but that's about it. Well worth it for an explore thief though.

IMMS:

Thanks for providing an amazing game and being the mature crew that you are. The in-game encouragement I got is very much appreciated as was the quick fix of that mysterious HP drop. Rock on.

Nnaeshuk, it was great to have you around, thanks for the support. Look forward to whatever's up and coming.

Corrlaan:

I tried to catch you around, but that sadly failed. You going on vacation didn't help either . Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Enlilth/Adekar: Any thoughts about the role?

FORTRESS:

It wasn't as great as the Una/Padwei crew, but that's not a fair comparisson by any means . The Fortress was heavily Squire/Maran dominated and it showed, but I had a lot of fun with you guys anyway.

A few specific thoughts:

Kyrilos: Wow, just wow. Talk about the right guy at the right time at the right place.

Hzerliach: You knew some stuff I didn't, I knew some things you didn't, so I think we complemented each other just fine. I've always enjoyed duo-interviews, so it's cool to have them. You were a good friend to Thraris, it's a shame I didn't see you as often as I'd liked.

Truhukk: Like I said, it would have been cool to actually see you live long enough to go all the way. Regarding your question on your thread, you should view the comments in their timeframe. They didn't know at that time, that you would actually pull through. Right there and then you were displaying hypocritical (though logical) behaviour, by sticking to your plans/role, you proved them wrong in the long run which is obviously great.

Enemies

Mostly very classy, so thumbs up.

Anyone else, a lot was said already, I enjoyed having you around, but am going to let you post first so I can respond. I'm not as good with names as I used to be .

Take care,
Nian, Ishranaye and a whole slew of not so important characters lost in the mists of time.

(aka Baudolino aka MoetEtChandon)

BajulaFri 24-Dec-10 06:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#96744, "Thraris was just awesome."
In response to Reply #1

I just really dug the talks.
You made me feel like trying
to be all acolytey? with an orc.

How's that for an inspirational
character? Best of luck with your
next.

MoetEtChandonWed 29-Dec-10 07:25 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#96792, "Thanks. About the Light and Kyrilos,"
In response to Reply #2

I've considered the idea of letting you take part of my essence, so that you would be neutral instantly. I would then ofcourse be neutral as well and get kicked out of the Fortress. Then I would be free to join up with Kyrilos and rule the City.

That would have been a cool twist.

I've chewed on that idea for quite a while, but ultimately loved the character too much, the way it was, to take that chance. Looked like something that could really have bitten me in the butt (oocly).

Cawr (Anonymous)Fri 24-Dec-10 06:31 PM
Charter member
#96745, "You were so hard to nail down and I really wanted to!"
In response to Reply #1

Not sure how many times you escaped me.

Thraris (Anonymous)Sat 25-Dec-10 03:41 AM
Charter member
#96747, "Escaped you at 0% one time :)"
In response to Reply #3

But no idea on the count either. It's a good thing I got away, you were rough.

IgsoehSun 26-Dec-10 01:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
#96755, "RE: Kyrilos"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, that whole thing was pretty sweet. Absolutely right time right place, and I'm glad we both accepted it and didn't immediately do the whole, "Hey you stole my role so I'm going to ignore you thing". Top notch RP throughout, you definitely had the upper hand in most of our fights, because we didn't fight much at hero. I anticipate your next showing.

For those of you who didn't know Kyrilos or Thraris, it turned out we were both sons of the Arial Empire. Kyrilos was a claimed bastard, while Thraris was an unclaimed bastard. This led to numerous discussions about Kyrilos' desire to ascend the throne through any means necessary, and I think he had Thraris half convinced to support him, although he wanted the two of them to talk their "father" into letting Kyrilos ascend peaceably. Kyrilos was like, "F that, I want vengeance" so it was a great dynamic. In the end, Kyrilos would have betrayed Thraris, despite his professed concern for the well being of all arials, his half-brother in particular. Some of the better RP I've had, and a big part of what made Kyrilos so enjoyable for me.

Well done sir.

MoetEtChandonWed 29-Dec-10 07:20 PM
293 posts
#96791, "Well actually"
In response to Reply #6

> and I think he had Thraris half convinced to support him

As you know I had the eldest brother up my sleeve and I would never trust you while you were an Imperial.

So, I kept things vague, hoping that I could have you linger around me long enough to lure you away from the Empire, and once that's done, anything is possible. That would have worked for Thraris .

NnaeshukSun 26-Dec-10 02:19 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#96756, "Well done all around"
In response to Reply #1

This was a really well done character. You played your role pretty much perfectly. I very much so enjoyed Thraris. Too bad you deleted, I was looking forward to seeing where that rebuilding of Arial City went. Thumbsup!

Nae-nae

MoetEtChandonWed 29-Dec-10 07:29 PM
293 posts
#96793, "Yeah me too"
In response to Reply #7

But ultimately I felt limited in what I wanted to achieve with it. It's not like I could go kill the nightmare dragon on my own, over and over. Hardly could kill a nestling on my own .

Thanks.

Kezawk (Anonymous)Tue 28-Dec-10 02:43 PM
Charter member
#96781, "After all the money I donated for the future of the Kin..."
In response to Reply #1

*sigh*

MoetEtChandonTue 28-Dec-10 04:17 PM
293 posts
#96785, "I'm getting old :("
In response to Reply #8

All the gold was much appreciated as was your presence. Would have liked to continue working for the City with you, but alas.

Thanks for the help and see you later!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96741 Previous topic | Next topic