Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96221
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 01-Dec-10 03:24 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96221, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of the Elements, Provost Magistrate"

Wed Dec 1 02:23:49 2010

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Arkellin perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:469

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Wish our times would have meshed up more..., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 02-Dec-10 06:20 PM, #13
Reply RE: Wish our times would have meshed up more..., VitriolicStream, 02-Dec-10 09:36 PM, #14
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..., Rinalas, 01-Dec-10 08:54 PM, #10
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..., VitriolicStream, 01-Dec-10 11:32 PM, #12
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..., Arkellin (Anonymous), 01-Dec-10 03:28 AM, #1
     Reply Awesome char!, Amberion, 01-Dec-10 07:15 AM, #2
     Reply You were my main cause of death, Thraris (Anonymous), 01-Dec-10 02:41 PM, #3
     Reply RE: You were my main cause of death, VitriolicStream, 01-Dec-10 03:15 PM, #4
     Reply Good character, Nnaeshuk, 01-Dec-10 03:24 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Good character, VitriolicStream, 01-Dec-10 04:57 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..., Kakola (Anonymous), 01-Dec-10 04:07 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..., VitriolicStream, 01-Dec-10 05:14 PM, #7
          Reply Magistrate Transfers, Kakola (Anonymous), 04-Dec-10 06:45 PM, #16
     Reply Great Enemy, Homard, 01-Dec-10 08:24 PM, #9
     Reply You were a formitable foe indeed., Cid (Anonymous), 01-Dec-10 09:33 PM, #11
     Reply Well Played, Svuusk (Anonymous), 03-Dec-10 02:06 AM, #15

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Thu 02-Dec-10 06:20 PM
Charter member
#96264, "Wish our times would have meshed up more..."
In response to Reply #0

I rarely ever saw you, but when I did, I knew I was in for some fun...

towards the end, as you saw, I tried not to give you anytime to put a vortex below the huntress... I did not think I would ever actually be able to kill you unless you screwed up big, because you just had so much damamge reduction sometimes... but to me it was still a win being able to turn you away multiple times as you came to reclaim the scales, and still be able to heal the huntress and my mind before you came back..

And Balta really enjoyed the compliment you gave him saying He was the only one to ever stop you from regaining the scales...

Think you did a great job as an evil provost..

GLWYN

Balta

VitriolicStreamThu 02-Dec-10 09:36 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96283, "RE: Wish our times would have meshed up more..."
In response to Reply #13

It's the simple truth...for the entire life of the character, well, if I was on, no one came to take the scales. If I woke and they weren't there, I would have them back shortly. There were only two times where I had to leave and didn't have the scales back, and you were the first time. The other was recently as well when I was just getting a tad tired of it all.

As the PBF said - stop writing about how tired you are and just get gone already

RinalasWed 01-Dec-10 08:54 PM
Member since 01st Dec 2010
3 posts
#96240, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..."
In response to Reply #0

IC I hated you almost as much as I respected you. Our views on the direction of the Spire were really different. Your bloodthirstiness was a big turn off for Rinalas, but he really respected how effective you were as a Provost. I think I was a Magistrate when you were first inducted, and all in all, I think you did a great job with the character. OOC, I thought you kicked ass, even when you were destroying my alternates. Great job!

VitriolicStreamWed 01-Dec-10 11:32 PM
212 posts
#96247, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..."
In response to Reply #10

I know that Arkellin was hated, that was half the point In the end, you became the person I trusted most in the Spire because while you had your different view, I could see that you would do as you were ordered with a bit of wit behind it. I'm sure you would have been Provost if I had died earlier

Arkellin (Anonymous)Wed 01-Dec-10 03:28 AM
Charter member
#96222, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..."
In response to Reply #0

What to say...if you want to write something, feel free, I'll reply. Too many people to try and remember them all, especially when it's the middle of the night. Thanks for that last little moment, Jharazoul.

I started Arkellin in Februrary (!) after remembering what the last Provost did to my Outlander in the last age. As time went by, I of course found myself losing some interest and spent less time with him. I did try to make sure I was on at least several hours a week regardless, and keep up with the duties of a Provost and all, so for those of you who had to wait any length of time to speak, sorry etc.

I wanted him to be a brutal despot, harsh and cruel, but not an Imperial. He didn't care to expand on his power, he just wanted to have the power. He saw no harm with spicing up his life any by killing whoever was around, and I was pretty indiscriminate with that. I wanted to highlight the Orderly EVIL personality of this character, since I so often see people commenting that evil wasn't evil enough.

That's about it for me. Good night!

AmberionWed 01-Dec-10 07:15 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#96223, "Awesome char!"
In response to Reply #1

Did somet stuff with you as Ckath, and then fought you a bunch as Mhuurg. Interacted with you as a few less known chars in between those.

Good stuff. All though I heard some stuff about you from others that weren't too nice, I never saw or sensed any of that.

Hope you get back soon with something cool!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Thraris (Anonymous)Wed 01-Dec-10 02:41 PM
Charter member
#96227, "You were my main cause of death"
In response to Reply #1

And I think all of them were extremely cheap, but ultimately it doesn't matter. I'm not completely against this sort of character nor do I like it much, so I guess I'm pretty neutral about it. You at least were available for a chat once in a while, which is a big plus.

Personally I think allying yourself with Empire totally nullifies being a Tribunal, but it's your perogative to do so while it's allowed.

SYWYN

VitriolicStreamWed 01-Dec-10 03:15 PM
212 posts
#96229, "RE: You were my main cause of death"
In response to Reply #3

I disagree there with the Empire/Tribunal thing. It seems to be a natural alliance, especially for an OE tribunal. Just have to be careful where the line is drawn.

To be fair, I allied myself with scions too quite often, and there was a time there people thought I was their pet too.

As for cheap kills, well, lightning on an unprotected arial, you're not supposed to live too long. I tried to always talk to people who wanted to talk, at least.

NnaeshukWed 01-Dec-10 03:24 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#96230, "Good character"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you did a good job, but I don't know how you stayed with it for so long. Not that you deserved to die or go away or anything, but your role was all about how done you were with everything...and had been done with everything for a long time.

Nae-nae

VitriolicStreamWed 01-Dec-10 04:57 PM
212 posts
#96236, "RE: Good character"
In response to Reply #5

You know, that's what ended up happening...I got a bit burned out, so went with an alternate, then came back a bit, then another alternate, etc. Arkellin felt rather tired towards the end, but I was waiting for age death. In the end, I had to help it along a bit

Kakola (Anonymous)Wed 01-Dec-10 04:07 PM
Charter member
#96234, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I liked you when I first joined, but you seem partial to EVILs of the Spire. I think I faced the worst of all. Very well played.

Then I got Provincial out of nowhere. Marcatis comes on and tells me that I got lots of duties and such. I was thinking to ask him what is he talking about. I got promoted to Provincial. I did not expect it in the very least. I atleast log on 2-3hours a day to make sure everybody is covered.

Thank for the recommendation. I do not think you know that only Provost and Lord of Spire are the only one who can promote. Provincial cannot do much other than Induct/Uninduct.

GLWYN

VitriolicStreamWed 01-Dec-10 04:56 PM
212 posts
#96235, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Arkellin Kvin the Weaver of ..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Wed 01-Dec-10 05:14 PM

For what it's worth I always tried to balance out the general drive to be evil with the practical matter that the Spire needs both good and evils in it. I remember we had that discussion about principles and putting the spire first, and after you agreed to the terms i put forth, you were ideal. So I asked for you to be promoted. That's one advantage to being evil is that you don't *really* have to worry about morality. Most of the evil Provincials I put in place burned out really quickly.

And Provincials can move people from city to city, but the policy in place was that the Provost had to do it or give orders to do it. I could as easily have said do what you want, but that didn't fit.

Kakola (Anonymous)Sat 04-Dec-10 06:45 PM
Charter member
#96334, "Magistrate Transfers"
In response to Reply #7

After reading this, I tried all combinations possible to transfer people to Hamsah/Voralian. But I always got "Only Provost and Lord of the Spire can do that." I can change people to Seantryn Modan, but not anywhere else.

Ohhh, I prayed about the transfer, but was ignored. I did both IC and OOC prayers, none has been fruitful.

HomardWed 01-Dec-10 08:24 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#96239, "Great Enemy"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our battles tremendously.

I also enjoyed logging in month after month and seeing that you were still kicking around. I haven't had a hero since Homard, so I haven't been really aware of your presence, but I was amazed with the long life of this character. Ten months is a damn fine run.

You were one of the few mages during the time of Knacnar that would actively hunt the Village's big guns. Bad ass.

GLWYN

Cid (inactive user)Wed 01-Dec-10 09:33 PM
Charter member
#96242, "You were a formitable foe indeed."
In response to Reply #1

You were fun and not delusional like some of the past provosts. Glad I was there for some of this char's last fun. I'm just glad I could get you back for snatching my shillelagh. Grease + 16dex = frustrating Cya on the next time around!

GLWYN

Svuusk (Anonymous)Fri 03-Dec-10 02:06 AM
Charter member
#96294, "Well Played"
In response to Reply #1

You did a great job of balancing your duties as Provost with being evil and I did get a proper feeling of evil from you. Too often evil and good are no different than having team blue and team red but you distinguished yourself and made Arkellin memorable in the process.

--Svuusk

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96221 Previous topic | Next topic