Subject: "Daummin's Done" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96162
Show all folders

trewynSun 28-Nov-10 10:40 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96162, "Daummin's Done"
Edited on Mon 29-Nov-10 09:32 AM

I lost interest in this character about six weeks ago when someone went off on a complete OOC rant when I supposedly looted them. I'd log in at the 2 week interval to see if I wanted to play again and I thought things were good when I ranked up, but then I lost interest again. I logged on today to see if my interest was back, it wasn't. I decided to burn out the last of my wands and see if that would make it more interesting. It didn't. I was on my way to delete and Chestav jumped in and I decided to try and blind him and then I died in two hits from his air elemental. Maran powers trump necromancer scion powers without barrier. If I can't sleep them, there's nothing I can do against people chucking out *** demolishes *** with regular melee strikes. My barrier was ***in a bad spot for me.*** Really annoying. I wasn't a high enough rank to take barrier attunement. So it was a wasted effort anyways. Two zaps of barrier for a net gain of 3 and a loss of two hours of playtime... yeah.

Anyhow, thanks for the Imm that inducted me. I had zero intention of becoming a scion but I figured I'd go with it since you offered. I knew I was on my way out when the thought of rolling a second character was more appealing than logging in with Daummin. But I refuse to play a second char on the side.

I liked Shiloh a lot. I didn't like Kyanden. Nor did I like the Chancellor, but that was mostly cause of his RP and not anything else. I don't think you are supposed to like him. I had a word I wanted to use in a sentence with him, but never got the chance. Umbrageous. Good word for him. Provides shade, easily takes offense.

It got real boring having no one to talk to which didn't help my interest problem. Logging on and being the only person not trying to kill me is usually fun for me. But this time it wasn't. Probably cause of the time it takes to get some zombies and the sheer helplessness I felt when I didn't have at least four thingies with me.

But at least I got my necromancer fix in. I don't have to ever play another one. Definitely not my cup of tea.

*** Edited to remove references to barrier location. Thank you to the players who noticed/reported this. ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Kyanden (Anonymous)Sun 28-Nov-10 03:39 PM
Charter member
#96166, "RE: Daummin's Done"
In response to Reply #0

Curiosity only. Why the dislike? You explained the Chancellor but left me hanging!

On a side note there is a log of me fighting a villager in the village and I die on Dios. Lots of people posted it was stupid. Since I can't post there anonymously I'd just like to say that I play this game for fun. I take chances. I win some I lose some. At that particular time there was like four or five Imperials who were off somewhere exploring. I couldn't find them. I think the villager was the only other one really about besides myself. I decided to make some fun and tried to get him to come outside to fight me but he refused. He just sat in the village. I decided to bring the fun to him. I died. I'll get him next time. It happens. Chill people. It's just a game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96162 Previous topic | Next topic