Subject: "(DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9614
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 10-Oct-02 06:45 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2024
16935 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9614, "(DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"

Thu Oct 10 20:44:28 2002

8 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Mayenkre perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:124
PK Ratio:50% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Mayenkre (Guest), 10-Oct-02 07:03 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, hntr of cowards (Guest), 10-Oct-02 07:16 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Khurmen (Guest), 11-Oct-02 06:36 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Mayenkre (Guest), 11-Oct-02 11:33 AM, #5
     Reply Was fun, it's too bad you didn't stick it out., Karhon (Guest), 11-Oct-02 10:59 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Lardovian (Guest), 11-Oct-02 12:40 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Wemnar, 11-Oct-02 01:40 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Lardovian (Guest), 11-Oct-02 04:05 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Mayenkre (Guest), 11-Oct-02 03:14 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Caysh, 14-Oct-02 03:29 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings, Uelveyye, 14-Oct-02 09:18 PM, #11

Mayenkre (Guest)Thu 10-Oct-02 07:03 PM

#9615, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #0

50%, not BAD...

Well, after dying to Gruktik which really annoyed me I made a really dumb mistake and put in too many commands at once. Was fighting the snow worm and I quickly remembered it’s immune to most shifters attacks. So, I do a quick flee / revert. Just my luck, the flee doesn’t go through, nor does the control levitation. So I got my ass handed to me in human form. Rage deletion? It could be argued. I was getting really bored and I really don’t like shifters. Rather delete than auto.

Anyhow, here goes:

Warlock: I swear to god, where this “cheap quitting” stuff came from I don’t get. I never quit because someone else logged off or because someone else logged in. The only exception is when I had my computers hooked up with the router and for about two days I’d get disconnected a lot. It was my first warlock as Shila and Lardo could probably see, I had to ask about a couple powers. I don’t like the location, probably because I never learned exact directions (if they exist) out of it and around the ocean. I’m not at playing characters with so many enemies and few allies. Warlock is pretty cool though.

Lardovian: You helped me a lot, thought me some stuff. Lots of fun.

Shila: You were pretty cool, more towards the end than beginning.

Finduthilas: Deleted? I saw you at roughly level 31 and not since.

Draelakh: We ranked a lot. I never understood your lightning only thing.. except it really seemed to cause some problems. Heh, I can’t count the number of times people asked for shields and got only one.

Caysh: You helped me rank up most of the final ranks. Having a congie as a tank was for better and worse. We did pretty well.

Anyone I gave my recommendation to: I really had no idea how easy recommendations were to be, all I know is I don’t think I didn’t give a rec to anyone who asked.

Ragers: Overpowered? Against a ram, damn straight. Against a ram with protections and a suit of voker shields, no. I don’t think the cabal is overpowered. If you don’t like deathblow don’t play offense shifters.

Gruktik: Despite how things may look, I didn’t rage delete to you! In fact, if anything I rage deleted to the worm!

Haderyn: We got into slap-fights in arial city and all kinds of stuff.

Everyone else: I fought most of the Ragers at least during raids, never fought Palesson. I would have liked to try the storm giants on the water as Walrus, but oh well.

Scion:

Uzurag: What happened in Hamsah? I beat you up bad… Shields fall? Already hurt? I can’t imagine the ram doing so well against a voker.

Khurmen: I never died to you. If I saw you in an area I teleported and went elsewhere. I did fight you once with my group in the Chasm, didn’t work out (for us).

Misc:

Karhon: You helped me rank a little and helped me learn Kuo-toa a little better.

Uuyellve(sp): Hm… You unflagged me, for that I’m quite appreciative. Although I see your RP reasons for it, I wondered at the time if you’d get in trouble. Most tribunals play without any bend. “Person hells, person2 gets flagged.” Rock on.

Uriterus: Sorry I left after Kuo-toa. We didn’t do so hot and It was getting late. Oh well, ya got your sword.

Nwayreth: The help that fell from the sky.

That’s it. I don’t particularly like offense shifters. Water was neat, I just never took advantage of it. Walrus is cool, I loved it. I ended with 3 controls, speed, levitation, and skin. They helped a little bit.

hntr of cowards (Guest)Thu 10-Oct-02 07:16 PM

#9625, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #1

well dont even put in the guy whohelped with your ratio dont get me wrong wanted nothing to do with it but ram was NASTY for orcs oh well was fun sparrin in the Inn c ya

Khurmen (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 06:36 AM

#9623, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #1

Seems you were worried about me as much as I worried about running into you. Ram can do nasty things in the right hands.

-Khurmen

Mayenkre (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 11:33 AM

#9624, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #3

I would have fought you one on one. I most likely would have ran if it were at the chasm.

To be honest, I didn't know you could summon people down into the chasm past the nightwalker. I found that somewhat scary.

I like the Ram.. I killed a few people. I'm just used to a little more of a balance between offense *and* defense.

Go lich

Karhon (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 10:59 AM

#9622, "Was fun, it's too bad you didn't stick it out."
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoy rp with warlocks, since the twins touch both Karhon and the Tower. Had fun, even in the lair. Wish we coulda done more though.

Lardovian (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 12:40 PM

#9618, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #1

I like Mayenkre and was really looking forward to be fighting alongside a ram which is a very good form in capable hands.

As for asking questions, I had/have no problem with that. Better you ask them before the fighting ensues and be sure about what you can do than realise after you'r dead what you could have been doing instead.

And yes, there is a route to the Tower that works everytime, it's just that I never use it that much

I hope you come back to the Tower, an additional mage is never a bad thing

Lardovian

WemnarFri 11-Oct-02 01:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
10 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9620, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #6

>As for asking questions, I had/have no problem with that.
>Better you ask them before the fighting ensues and be sure
>about what you can do than realise after you'r dead what you
>could have been doing instead.

Bleh! You never told me about counterspell until I hero'd! Booooooooooooooooo! }>
Picatepty gives you the bird. }>

Lardovian (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 04:05 PM

#9621, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #7

You didn't ask

Don't know who gave you the tour but that one was supposed to be telling you about it. *shrug*

Lardovian

Mayenkre (Guest)Fri 11-Oct-02 03:14 PM

#9619, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #6

I like Mayenkre and was really looking forward to be fighting alongside a ram which is a very good form in capable hands.

Your right, ram is a great form. I'm just not very good at fighting as something thats all offense no defense. The few a/b/s protections I did get were loots or gifts. I saved them sparingly. Now walrus, thats really a nice form in my humble opinion.

As for asking questions, I had/have no problem with that. Better you ask them before the fighting ensues and be sure about what you can do than realise after you'r dead what you could have been doing instead.

I forgot almost half the time to put ward of BEFORE shifting. This got rather painful. I'd enliven haste, stone, fly THEN remember to put up ward. I think you told me how counterspell worked in the 30's.

And yes, there is a route to the Tower that works everytime, it's just that I never use it that much

Heh, I can get to the tower with "exact" directions. I just dunno the exact directions back. I learned a couple new areas and a lot more specific locations with my shifter.

I hope you come back to the Tower, an additional mage is never a bad thing

I don't hero really really fast. I think I hit hero at 100 hours (give or take 5). Throw in getting my controls and inducted, as well as fighting groups between the masses of evils in the 30s and maybe thats not so bad. That really is painful when playing shifters I think, since forms are left to chance. If I made another shifter I would surely pick utility or defense. Never know, I might just make another.

-Later gator. hah, rhyme.

CayshMon 14-Oct-02 03:29 PM
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9617, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #1

Hrm... I enjoyed the ranking and all, but...

I'll admit to being one of those thinking you were quitting out when we lost the Grimoire. I have several logs showing this, and one in which you were *extremely* slow in getting to the Tower when Scions were retrieving.

Aside from that, wish you would have stuck around, walrus is nasty for defense now.

Caysh, He Who Still Hasn't Heroed (on account of going home for fall break)

UelveyyeMon 14-Oct-02 09:18 PM
9 posts
#9616, "RE: (DEL) Mayenkre the Grand Master of Changelings"
In response to Reply #1

Well from what little I interacted with you, you seemed to have a together character.
I don't usually talk in char stuff but, the unflagging was definitely an in char call indeed, but remember Uelveyye is a Justiciar not a Magistrate. It's her job to see deeper into things, and once the facts were know it was obvious what had gone on was definitely a scenario where Justice was not served by your flagging.

anyway good luck with the next

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9614 Previous topic | Next topic