Subject: "Out" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95979
Show all folders

Kinust (Anonymous)Fri 12-Nov-10 01:45 PM
Charter member
#95979, "Out"
Edited on Fri 12-Nov-10 02:14 PM

Second hero shifter. I can kind of see the appeal of rolling shifters over and over again. No.. no I can't.

I got Lion trapdoor. Was alright, really was kind of lame though when it came to anything but killing n00bs/unlucky people.

I liked the utility path, both racoon and trapdoor were pretty awesome.
Though trapdoor couldn't kill squat when it came to PC's that could defend themselves at all.

Offense, snowwolf really wish this could have had some use beyond growl after I got those final forms. Lion great damage, otherwise dull boring blah. Really all I had was rake and bite, swipe was just so ineffective that it was a total waste of time.

Scions, Chancellor, Kyanden, Shiloh. You guys all rocked, loved the tension. Sorry I wasn't much more than plain evil. The whole being forced to shell out some sham of a role for a chance to get my sleek black spurred me to save my well thought out role and slap something together incase I got double screwed.
(Shiloh tactics man, you are ballsy but you have to think stuff through a little better sometimes)

Enemies
I fought a buncha random people. Mostly the smart ones ran away from lion. Sometimes someone would get unlucky and either overspam or get a lag spike and die to me, otherwise I had to have Shiloh bash or somesuch. Very unfun to be a gangy scion.

Thno. Robbed you blind, you deserved it. Would have done it again. Loved plying a certain someone to get you to return my crap. That was classic and I'm sure it rubbed you the wrong way.

Imm that inducted me. Yah I didn't enjoy it either. Thanks for the induct though.

Imm that uninducted me. You are right. I was bored
Forget the rest of what I said, it was fortunately irrelevant

<3 Guy

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Trapdoor lion is kinda scary, DurNominator, 13-Nov-10 02:25 AM, #15
Reply ROFL! (nt), Humbert, 13-Nov-10 07:19 AM, #16
Reply RE: Out, Isildur, 12-Nov-10 04:26 PM, #8
Reply Well, Drag0nSt0rm, 12-Nov-10 04:38 PM, #9
     Reply If only you had got Cheetah instead of trapdoor., TMNS, 12-Nov-10 05:55 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Well, Isildur, 12-Nov-10 07:43 PM, #12
          Reply As a guy thats heroed 3 or 4 shifters just this last mo..., Gaplemo, 12-Nov-10 08:04 PM, #13
Reply Oh side note about pledging at hero, Drag0nSt0rm, 12-Nov-10 02:48 PM, #5
Reply RE: Oh side note about pledging at hero, Adekar, 12-Nov-10 04:41 PM, #10
     Reply My personal experience, elmeri_, 12-Nov-10 08:44 PM, #14
Reply RE: Out, Rayihn, 12-Nov-10 02:02 PM, #1
     Reply Completely fair, Drag0nSt0rm, 12-Nov-10 02:14 PM, #2
          Reply Eh, Rayihn, 12-Nov-10 02:25 PM, #3
               Reply Nah, Drag0nSt0rm, 12-Nov-10 02:28 PM, #4
               Reply Wait til you have two., Marin, 12-Nov-10 03:02 PM, #6
               Reply Wait till you have FIVE! , Welverin, 12-Nov-10 03:56 PM, #7

DurNominatorSat 13-Nov-10 02:25 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96000, "Trapdoor lion is kinda scary"
In response to Reply #0

A zebra has arrived to the plains. The plains are open and provide no cover for the predators. The grass looks lush. There are no predators in sight and the zebra could easily see and outrun the ones that would try to sneak closer. The plains are safe and it is good time to eat. The zebra begins to eat the grass. Suddenly, a trapdoor opens nearby and a lion jumps out, sinking it's fangs to the zebra's throat. The zebra had no chance to survive. It succumbs to the powerful jaws and the raking claws of the trapdoor lion.

HumbertSat 13-Nov-10 07:19 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96002, "ROFL! (nt)"
In response to Reply #15

IsildurFri 12-Nov-10 04:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95989, "RE: Out"
In response to Reply #0

I have no idea what trapdoor spider does, but lion seems like it'd be kinda useful. Especially in conjunction with a form that has hide and sneak, if you happened to get one of those. Spot a guy, go out of area and zap up, shift to your stealth form and get near, shift lion, murder/rake.

Out of curiosity, were you hoping for tiger instead?

Drag0nSt0rmFri 12-Nov-10 04:38 PM
450 posts
#95990, "Well"
In response to Reply #8

Actually I thought I would like lion as I thought it still had 3 round for 2 round rake. But instead it had 2 to 1 which isn't the same..

Tiger might have been more fun, but the whole no regen thing really hurt too

TMNSFri 12-Nov-10 05:55 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#95992, "If only you had got Cheetah instead of trapdoor."
In response to Reply #9

You'd be creaming yourself

IsildurFri 12-Nov-10 07:43 PM
5969 posts
#95994, "RE: Well"
In response to Reply #9

So what were you aiming for then, alligator?

GaplemoFri 12-Nov-10 08:04 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#95995, "As a guy thats heroed 3 or 4 shifters just this last mo..."
In response to Reply #12

You're always trying to get at least a lesser tier regen form to be REAL competitive as a shifter. Sand lizard and taura lizard is great for that in the defense path, Caiman and sea snake as far as water forms. Ideally, I generally look for a regen for one major form if possible. Croc and Komodo in defense, Cobra in utility. Alligator does it for the offense forms. Couple that with a damage dealer or a defensive form, and you can shift, regen and be back in the fight in no time. I cant stand having a shapeshifter without a regen now, so I feel your pain.

Of course with my shifters I dont expect immertaction either, I just would explore new places and test out all the forms to get a good gauge for the class.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 12-Nov-10 02:48 PM
450 posts
#95986, "Oh side note about pledging at hero"
In response to Reply #0

If I roll another shifter, I'll probably do the same thing again.

Shifters are such a huge gamble. No point in wasting any ones time talking to me/inducting me etc. If I'm liable to delete at 48/51 if I get a unlucky reroll or a unlucky barrier attunement on already so so forms.

On the rare occasion I'm leader I try and take that into account with shifters. Otherwise I agree that you should have a damn good reason for waiting.

AdekarFri 12-Nov-10 04:41 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2009
102 posts
#95991, "RE: Oh side note about pledging at hero"
In response to Reply #5

That's certainly your prerogative, but at least for me and some other imms, it's going to clash a little with my priorities.

You prioritize getting forms you imagine are good and wand locations you know and can easily get over committing to your character's role until you find them.

Myself, I prioritize characters that are committed to their role over these things because I think it's less likely they'll lose interest or quit if things get tough. With all the things I could be doing as an Imm, I'm going to make more of an effort to watch and induct level 30 A-P scion app that refuses to group with cabal enemies and defends the cabal than a veteran player that waited until level 51 and finding wands to pledge.

Obviously, it didn't disqualify you. I'm sorry you didn't like my immteraction. Hopefully your method still leads to you having more fun than the way I'd prefer and you enjoy your next character.

elmeri_Fri 12-Nov-10 08:44 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#95997, "My personal experience"
In response to Reply #10

I never fealt that having a role made me more committed to char, rather than the other way around. If you have a very strict roleplay guideline, your char kinda needs to live up to it from a game mechanics pov, otherwise the interest dies. My most enjoyable characters have been ones that were kinda open ended to begin with, then started feeling good both from a roleplay and mechanical point of view.

I'm sure some people can, but I'm pretty sure most wont enjoy being a scion jaguar/dillo scion with a sleek black you can't get and sleek amber you can't find. To each their own, and in this case aswell apparently kinust did get in at hero, so I guess all is well, just something to think about.

RayihnFri 12-Nov-10 02:02 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#95980, "RE: Out"
In response to Reply #0

I outducted you. No idea what you mean about a cowardly implementor. While I know Scion is far from full, I'd still prefer to have its spots filled by people who play their Scions as their main, not log in once or twice a weekwhile playing an alt 40 + hours. I wouldn't have made it hard for you to get back in if you'd been dedicated, but like you said you were bored and it showed.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 12-Nov-10 02:14 PM
450 posts
#95982, "Completely fair"
In response to Reply #1

I do kind of wish there'd been a note or something, but I guess I'm kind of predictable on if I am going to stick with a char or not.

As for the rest, forget it. I'm glad its not even remotely relevant.

RayihnFri 12-Nov-10 02:25 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#95983, "Eh"
In response to Reply #2

If you aren't going to do the courtesy of deleting, I don't really feel the need to put the time into writing a note, especially considering a lot of the people I boot for inactivity don't really log in again. Sorry if that sounds kinda bitchy, I'm all sleep deprived. Raising babies is hard.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 12-Nov-10 02:28 PM
450 posts
#95984, "Nah"
In response to Reply #3

I thought about it for about 3 seconds and was like, why the #### would I write a note to someone that probably won't ever log in again?
So I see exactly why no note.

My dog keeps me ####ing busy enough, so I can only imagine a babeh.

MarinFri 12-Nov-10 03:02 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2010
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95987, "Wait til you have two."
In response to Reply #3

It's been a wild two weeks so far since adding the second.

WelverinFri 12-Nov-10 03:56 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#95988, "Wait till you have FIVE! "
In response to Reply #3

But we appreciate what time you do give for sure. sorry to hijac, that is all.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95979 Previous topic | Next topic