Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Bordren the Shadow, Elite Imperial S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95975
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 12-Nov-10 10:04 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95975, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Bordren the Shadow, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Fri Nov 12 09:01:32 2010

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Bordren perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:124

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GrudanFri 12-Nov-10 10:19 AM
Member since 21st Sep 2007
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#95976, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Bordren the Shadow, Elite Imperi..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 12-Nov-10 10:23 AM

After Gilmdal being a pretty bleh failure in my mind, I took a good long look at what I was doing 'wrong' and noticed some things for improvement. This character was therapy for me to get me over two major hurdles.

First, stop being so nice. After Gilmdal I came to be of the opinion that the vast majority of the characters on this mud are either RP'ed to be complete asses or are, in real life, a complete tool. Gilmdal died so many times because I'd say 'Oh look, there's an orc/unknown warrior/non mage imperial coming towards me. I wonder what they want?...wait why am I naked at my pit?' I wanted to play a character who attacked first and talked later. Everyone was Bordren's mark. Near the end I started to slip in that, making nice to people. I just couldn't stop it.

Second, care at least a little about gear. I believe I can count how many items I looted from corpses over my last 3 serious toons on one hand. Gilmdal alone had something like 12-14 pk wins I think, and I don't even think I typed 'exa corpse' half the time. Hell, I never even looted coins which EVERYONE does on instinct (always amuses me when a paladin kills you then goes through your pocket for loose change). Therefore I never got better than my charred leather bracers even when my opponent had major upgrades for me. I was making life harder on me than it needed to be.

Bordren was designed to steal everything he could from anyone he could, and if he could kill you, he'd sure as hell try. In that, I was somewhat successful.

In the end though, it just stopped being fun. Once I hit my 40's finding a group during my playtimes was near impossible, and when I did it was a only a matter of time before some goodie powerhouse showed up and ruined the fun.

I must say overall I do feel bad for all the items I stole from people. I took everything from unholy weapons to prep sacks, and I apologize if it ruined anyone's fun....

...except for Chestav. Stealing that Orb of Twillight Lords from you was probably the highlight of my CF career. That took me like three hours of stalking and waiting to catch you somewhere I could steal it from you without violating Imperial Law, and it was totally worth it. No hard feelings otherwise though.

See you all in the fields. This time likely with something slightly more balanced, I hope.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95975 Previous topic | Next topic