Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Wremol the Master of Mutation, Imper..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95724
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 07-Nov-10 10:20 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95724, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Wremol the Master of Mutation, Imperial Citizen"

Tue Nov 2 18:46:55 2010

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Wremol perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:62

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Goodbye, Wremol (Anonymous), 03-Nov-10 07:14 AM, #15
Reply Suck it up you whiney little baby., Nhalius (Anonymous), 03-Nov-10 07:13 AM, #3
Reply Simple, Wremol (Anonymous), 02-Nov-10 09:12 PM, #4
     Reply Redacted. Read the rules., Gaplemo, 03-Nov-10 07:09 AM, #5
     Reply RE: , A Fortie (Anonymous), 03-Nov-10 07:17 AM, #8
     Reply Imms have rewarded griefers before, incognito, 03-Nov-10 07:21 PM, #14
     Reply You just said you never interact with her..., TMNS, 03-Nov-10 07:09 AM, #9
     Reply I never once had problems with Ajil as Jindicho., TMNS, 02-Nov-10 09:44 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I never once had problems with Ajil as Jindicho., you forgot (Anonymous), 03-Nov-10 01:30 PM, #11
     Reply Transmuters do not need barrier to crush healers. n/t, Kadsuane, 03-Nov-10 03:13 PM, #12
     Reply Simple, set up a deathtrap IF YOU KNOW IT'S COMMING, id..., Nhalius (Anonymous), 04-Nov-10 05:54 PM, #16
          Reply Such as?, Wremol (Anonymous), 04-Nov-10 07:15 PM, #17
               Reply Here you go man., Nhalius (Anonymous), 04-Nov-10 08:43 PM, #18
                    Reply Good post NT, Lyristeon, 05-Nov-10 10:36 AM, #19
                    Reply He made the best possible choice., Jhyrbian, 06-Nov-10 04:34 AM, #20
                    Reply That's his choice., Lyristeon, 06-Nov-10 05:38 AM, #21
                         Reply All of this assumes the victim KNOWS a place for a trap, MoetEtChandon, 06-Nov-10 09:10 AM, #23
                         Reply I won't spell it out, but..., Lyristeon, 06-Nov-10 09:25 AM, #24
                         Reply RE: That's his choice., Thinhallen, 06-Nov-10 03:18 PM, #25
                              Reply Good post nt, MoetEtChandon, 06-Nov-10 03:28 PM, #26
                              Reply Well..., Lyristeon, 06-Nov-10 03:49 PM, #27
                              Reply RE: Well..., Thinhallen, 06-Nov-10 07:46 PM, #28
                              Reply Just FYI (+lyristeon note), Wremol (Anonymous), 07-Nov-10 05:02 PM, #32
                                   Reply No, what we are saying is this..., TMNS, 07-Nov-10 05:17 PM, #33
                                        Reply RE: No, what we are saying is this..., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 10:27 AM, #34
                              Reply Why do you defend it and why does your religion seem to..., Lhydia, 07-Nov-10 10:02 AM, #29
                              Reply RE: Why do you defend it and why does your religion see..., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 10:30 AM, #35
                                   Reply So you say that I lie?, Beer, 08-Nov-10 11:40 AM, #36
                                        Reply RE: So you say that I lie?, Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 11:43 AM, #37
                                             Reply Also.., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 11:59 AM, #38
                                                  Reply RE: Also.., Wremol (Anonymous), 08-Nov-10 01:52 PM, #39
                                                  Reply RE: Also.., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 04:45 PM, #40
                                                  Reply Perhaps, Beer, 08-Nov-10 05:34 PM, #41
                                                       Reply RE: Perhaps, Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 05:51 PM, #42
                                                            Reply One other thing., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 05:53 PM, #43
                                                                 Reply That I understand, Beer, 08-Nov-10 06:04 PM, #44
                                                                 Reply RE: One other thing., Thinhallen, 08-Nov-10 08:14 PM, #45
                                                                 Reply As evidenced by tatting that breed of character multipl..., Lhydia, 08-Nov-10 08:53 PM, #46
                                                                 Reply RE: One other thing., Lyristeon, 08-Nov-10 09:53 PM, #47
                                                                 Reply Hmm..(long, convoluted), Thinhallen, 09-Nov-10 11:06 AM, #48
                              Reply Uh, Beer, 07-Nov-10 09:27 AM, #30
                              Reply This is a sore subject with me., TMNS, 07-Nov-10 04:42 PM, #31
                    Reply That doesn't change the fact, incognito, 06-Nov-10 07:41 AM, #22
Reply I think here is a giant disconnect with CF players righ..., TMNS, 02-Nov-10 07:45 PM, #10
     Reply RE: I think here is a giant disconnect with CF players ..., Dervish, 02-Nov-10 08:05 PM, #1
     Reply Well not exactly, Wremol (Anonymous), 02-Nov-10 08:46 PM, #2
          Reply This whole thing sounds like what I was talking about i..., KoeKhaos, 03-Nov-10 05:11 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Wremol the Master of Mutation, I..., Humbert, 02-Nov-10 10:53 PM, #7

Wremol (Anonymous)Wed 03-Nov-10 08:41 PM
Charter member
#95725, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 07:14 AM

Crappy role, crappy character, crappy experience.

I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this character when it became clear I wasn't going to find my black, but the final straw was the four man strong gang organized so that someone could full loot me again.

I was fine having a beef with someone, but I think the character and the player both are total garbage (but he's tatted and sun warden so I must be wrong). It's one thing to have taunts back and forth, looting, and stuff, but this joker did stuff like put on ignore and continue to send taunts, which is just inexcusable, I think. That to me says you're not RPing, you're just being an obnoxious little schit. When you combine it with constant harassment and organized ganging followed by a full-sacc, it's convincing evidence that you're dealing with a jackass player. And while I usually liked having the back and forth conflict with someone alone I'm not a good enough player to handle being ganged and sacced to the pies. So I'm throwing in the towel.

Congratulations, someone I'm sure you feel pretty happy with yourself. I almost didn't delete just to avoid giving you the satisfaction of driving me away, but I quickly got over that childish instinct, because ultimately I you're just not that important.

Anyway, my goal with this character was to fill a role that rarely seems to be filled in CF: the obsequious imperial lackey. I thought I did okay with that, but not as well as I'd have liked. Whatever. Mechanics-wise I was simply awful, not much to talk about there. No abs, no skills practiced, and I usually managed to go less than 5 rounds before needing to flee. My role was basic, and not terribly well-done.

Nhalius (inactive user)Tue 02-Nov-10 08:53 PM
Charter member
#95729, "Suck it up you whiney little baby."
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 07:13 AM

It's so friggen annoying when people cry like you do. You rolled an imperial transmuter, you should have expected people to gun for you. The last thing empire needs is to have a muter attached to the hip of the healer who's hip is attached to the giant flurry specs. FFS you have duo, why the hell can't you avoid getting gang-raped? If you delete because of the actions of ONE SINGLE PLAYER you are an idiot. If what you're doing isn't working, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I normally try to help people with encouraging words, but I get the feeling anything I say to you will be rebutted with stupid whiney "it's not my fault, it's someone else's fault, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" so instead of wasting more time with this I'll just say buck up and roll something else.

Wremol (Anonymous)Tue 02-Nov-10 09:12 PM
Charter member
#95732, "Simple"
In response to Reply #3

>to the giant flurry specs. FFS you have duo, why the hell
>can't you avoid getting gang-raped?

Here's how the last one went:

I'm off in a corner somewhere.
I type vis;duo. I pop out, shura gates in, my command goes in, while in duo lag, he fogs, I pop out, he attacks, I recall, I run to the palace (get backstabbed by waiting thief) I wait a few ticks, gang comes, I teleport to a deathtrap, shura gates in, I die.

The time before that, I was out somewhere doing something other than hiding, shura gates in, fogs me, I word, cranialled by waiting warrior.

Did I have bad luck? Yeah. Should I have run to hide somewhere else? Sure, I guess. But he has the luxury of time. Yes, if I spend my time doing nothing at all I can avoid Shura ever gating to me. And sure, it's ultimately my fault that I can't devise a better strategy. Maybe you're right, maybe I should just struggle on through, but honestly it's not fun to play that way and I don't feel compelled to play a game I'm not enjoying just for the sake of proving my toughness to someone else.

And it's not just the fact that Shura himself was hounding me. That I was dealing with. It's that his whole cabal apparently is fine with conspiring to full-sac me, when I'm basically an unskilled player. Maybe you're right, maybe that's part of the game and I should suck it up. I also couldn't find my black and wasn't enjoying the character much in general.

Bottom line is, you're right, it is my fault, and I could eventually do something else. But there's other fun games in the world, and this is the first time I've ever met such a douchebag in cf, so I disagree that it's just an inevitable part of the game.

GaplemoTue 02-Nov-10 09:19 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95733, "Redacted. Read the rules."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 07:09 AM

Character assassination redacted

A Fortie (Anonymous)Wed 03-Nov-10 06:57 AM
Charter member
#95743, "RE: "
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 07:17 AM

First, Outlander is not Fort. They are supposed to be wild and rough around the edges. As far as I know there is no restrictions on a Warden from killing neutrals. I've not seen any proof of her killing a goodie, but if its there an there's a pattern, that goes against the Tree(It's not a paladin, or Conjie) then yeah, that's bad mojo.

I've run around with her lots recently and I don't see any non-good RP from her. But that doesn't say I don't get a power-gamer feel. I have played in the Cabal with her as well for a bit. I bet if the Imms are rewarding her, there is a reason. They see a lot more than we do.

Now the full sac/loot, I have never seen that, but with as many say it happens, I can see where it's a bit troubling. I used to be mad at that stuff, but I'm not so much any more.

All in all, I can't say I have a problem with Shura. But I'm not on the receiving end, so it doesn't frustrate me as it must others.

incognitoWed 03-Nov-10 07:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95756, "Imms have rewarded griefers before"
In response to Reply #8

Certainly I've had the old "taunt from chamo" then "ignore" from many an outlander tatted by Lyristeon. Even when all that had happened was that some hero out of my pk subverted my special guard and I killed said guard, which doesn't even feel tauntable to me.

TMNSWed 03-Nov-10 07:10 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#95736, "You just said you never interact with her..."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 07:09 AM

Are you a goodie in her cabal?

I mean, I for one thought Ambra was a no-RP murder machine, but the Immortals watching her and the goodies/neutrals in her cabal seemed to think she was awesome. That DOES mean something.

I'm all for ignoring/ganging players who are cheap/douchey. Just not the constant whining/complaining on OOC forums. It's just ####-ish.

TMNSTue 02-Nov-10 09:44 PM
2670 posts
#95735, "I never once had problems with Ajil as Jindicho."
In response to Reply #4

Not to mention I had no problems killing people without barrier.

Someone will inevitably mention this was all pre-hero but I'd daresay I would have been more effective at hero (especially if I had gotten into SCION).

Basically, look at this from the healer perspective. What would seriously #### you over if you gated to someone.

FFS you had buoyancy + disrupt + staff. Odds are you could have trapped his ass near a death trap.

you forgot (Anonymous)Wed 03-Nov-10 01:30 PM
Charter member
#95748, "RE: I never once had problems with Ajil as Jindicho."
In response to Reply #6

earthbind

KadsuaneWed 03-Nov-10 03:13 PM
169 posts
#95749, "Transmuters do not need barrier to crush healers. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Nhalius (inactive user)Thu 04-Nov-10 05:54 PM
Charter member
#95769, "Simple, set up a deathtrap IF YOU KNOW IT'S COMMING, id..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

Wremol (Anonymous)Thu 04-Nov-10 07:15 PM
Charter member
#95770, "Such as?"
In response to Reply #16

I did do the stand at the enforcer thing. And she showed up, got hit a couple times and left. Didn't deter her at all.

Tell me what kind of death trap a competant healer is really going to die to? Maybe with a bigger playerbase, but me alone, she'll gate in and just word or gate out if it's a trap.

Nhalius (inactive user)Thu 04-Nov-10 08:43 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #17

I know it may look like I'm just being an ass, like I said before I usually do try to help. It just pissed me off when someone bitches as much as you did about one single player. Trust me I have been there before with worse and much more annoying healers in the past, I've had to deal with them as we all have, and we all learn how to deal with them.

Did you ever try sitting in hamsah instead of just the enforcer in galadon? There are is a holy hell of a lot of guards in that city. One thing I would do is try sitting next to certain death or other big nasty mobs like that. Or areas with a bunch of aggro mobs to annoy them. Or perhaps get your own gang squad together and talk to them about planning a trap? I mean for ####s sake you were in EMPIRE, the posterchild of gang cabals. That's exactly how I learned how to deal with them, talking in game.

I completely understand the whole if you don't like your character and it's not fun by all means delete and do something else. It's the massive bitch-fest that people put together that bugs me. Call me a douche and all that or whatever but I'm still right about one main thing. Bitching doesn't teach you anything so if you want to have fun with the game learn it, don't expect a PK intensive MUD to behave like candyland. You tried some stuff and it didn't work, that doesn't mean you're out of options. Keep truckin' and you'll get somewhere.

LyristeonFri 05-Nov-10 10:36 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95780, "Good post NT"
In response to Reply #18

nt

JhyrbianSat 06-Nov-10 04:34 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95792, "He made the best possible choice."
In response to Reply #18

He's not going to give that asshole the satisfaction of wasting anymore of his time. Why would he want to learn how to gang and full-sac someone? Why should he lower himself to that kind of ####ty standard? Quitting is the best possible solution. So far I see you and Lyristeon saying he should just gang more, you two are ginormous idiots and you wonder why you have a low playerbase.

LyristeonSat 06-Nov-10 05:38 AM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95793, "That's his choice."
In response to Reply #20

In this situation, it would have been perfect rp to set a trap for someone who has been hounding them for so long. To generalize it into more ganging is extremely silly and completely off base.

MoetEtChandonSat 06-Nov-10 09:10 AM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#95796, "All of this assumes the victim KNOWS a place for a trap"
In response to Reply #21

And can get there in time, which giving the typical speed of the attacker, is very unlikely.

I've noticed it before that many people seem to forget how difficult the game is, when you do not know you're way around like the vets.

LyristeonSat 06-Nov-10 09:25 AM
1282 posts
#95798, "I won't spell it out, but..."
In response to Reply #23

Not all traps require anyone to know the lay of the land.

ThinhallenSat 06-Nov-10 03:18 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2006
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#95802, "RE: That's his choice."
In response to Reply #21

I think another aspect of the problem is said ganging/full-looting griefer type characters getting rewarded by titles, cabal leadership, tattoos, etc. I think sportsmanship should be looked at when deciding who to reward because players, especially new players, are going to try to emulate these characters who they think the immortals find positive to the game. Now, I haven't played any heroes in a while so I don't know how valid the complaints of full looting/sac'ing in this instance are, but I don't think any justification should be there for these kind of power-gaming actions. I remember telling some air/offense shifter that another rager was a newb and he said cool and left him alone after that. The rager got to explore without being hounded, learned the game a bit, and had an overall positive experience and I'm pretty sure he ultimately became a long term cf'er. Yes, of course, this isn't Disney Land, but at the same time, you have to keep a little bit of fun/kindness in the game or you'll lose alot of players and be left with a giant amount of areas/cabals and a tiny playerbase.

-thinnie

MoetEtChandonSat 06-Nov-10 03:28 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#95803, "Good post nt"
In response to Reply #25

LyristeonSat 06-Nov-10 03:49 PM
1282 posts
#95805, "Well..."
In response to Reply #25

I am not going to go into too much detail about a single character, but I can say that much of the so-called griefing is overexaggerated.

Here is the thing about this particular situation though. Wremol chose an extremely difficult path. There is a reason why certain mage classes are not offered real imperial status. Call it back story, game balance or whatnot. It is there. If he chose this path by not realizing the downsides, then that is on him. Not on the players who see him as a threat. And yes, an imperial muter would be a major threat just as a support character. If he is a newbie who made a bad decision, then I hope he learns from it and moves on to easier choices.

ThinhallenSat 06-Nov-10 07:45 PM
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#95807, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #27
Edited on Sat 06-Nov-10 07:46 PM

Well if the griefing is over-exaggerated then this is really a non-discussion, but if for any reason, you feel as if Wremol is even slightly justified in being frustrated and possibly never returning to CF then you might want to IC'ly possibly tell Griefer A to tone it down. From Dioxides and from here, it seems there are a few people who are frustrated about it. This game is exponentially more fun when there is a large playerbase. Losing one individual may not seem like a big deal, but it adds up. I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but I really want this game to thrive. It's amazing and always has been and I don't want Immortals or Players to feel like they're better then the game or that their actions or inactions aren't influencing the game.

-thinnie, the village idiot =)

Wremol (Anonymous)Sun 07-Nov-10 05:02 PM
Charter member
#95832, "Just FYI (+lyristeon note)"
In response to Reply #28

>but if for any reason, you feel as if Wremol
>is even slightly justified in being frustrated and possibly
>never returning to CF then you might want to IC'ly possibly
>tell Griefer A to tone it down.

I'm not quitting CF forever. Right after deleting, and I did question for a while if I really want to keep playing. And before that I did take a break from the game for a week, partly out of disgust at seeing this person rewarded with tattoo and leadership.

To get on a soapbox, I don't think every character is obligated to interact with enemies beyond violence, but I think tattooed characters, leaders and empowerment characters really need to be (at a minimum) open to attempts to RP with them. I think the bar should be set higher than what I saw out of the character in question. Just my opinion, obviously not shared by Lyristeon.

The way I see this situation is basically bad luck. What it came down to is I just happened to be an unskilled player matched up against an asshat opponent. If I thought this was always going to happen every time I probably would quite forever, but I consider it a fluke. Most of the really good players in CF aren't complete douchebags, so the odds of encountering a situation like this are slim. Every multiplayer game has a few bad apples, but contrary to idiom I don't think they spoil the bunch.

Anyway, I'm over this whole thing now, and am working on another role already.

To respond to Lyristeon, I don't agree muter Imperial is an especially hard role to play, compared to other mages. The only two things I hated about it would apply equally to any mage in any cabal. The first being lack of barrier and the second having a douchebag enemy with willing accomplices. Empire muter has lots of enemy, but no more than any other Empire mage.

P.S. You guys saying "gee I can do great with as a muter with no defenses and ten hitpoints." Great, wonderful, congratulations. I never said muters suck or the game is unbalanced. It's great that you could've driven him off if you played this character, but you didn't. If you had my skill percentages and my gear and my lack of wands maybe you still could, or maybe you couldn't, but it doesn't matter. I never said there's no way to win and I never cried that it's an unfair matchup.

TMNSSun 07-Nov-10 05:17 PM
2670 posts
#95834, "No, what we are saying is this..."
In response to Reply #32

An example: Don't roll a rager if you can't stand getting ganged.

Don't roll a mage if you don't understand the sleek system and think you HAVE to to compete.

Don't roll a Fortress character if you want competant allies.

Don't roll a SCION if you can't jump through hoops.

Don't roll an EMPIRE char if you can't deal with ####.

Don't roll a HERALD if you don't like mudsex and RP.

Don't roll a character with 1%'s in all skills but staff and wonder why you can't beat RBW#122222223.

ETC ETC ETC.

PS Empire Muter sucks unless you like being a lackey. You seemed to go into it with the right attitude, but couldn't stick it out. That's nothing to be ashamed of. The stuff you are getting flack for is because you seem to think that is SOMEONE else's fault (judging from the tone of your posts). Couldn't find my sleek, had an impossible foe, etc etc etc.

Good luck. Just don't be a dink.

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 10:27 AM
1282 posts
#95840, "RE: No, what we are saying is this..."
In response to Reply #33

The main thing he is missing is that by choosing the transmuter imperial part, he is probably one of the most HATED character's (from an IC standpoint) in the land. Everybody, except empire (possibly some Tribunal as well) wants him dead. This is one of those types oc ic characters you want to con kill. Not as much as a lich or mummy, but not far behind either.

LhydiaSun 07-Nov-10 10:02 AM
2390 posts
#95825, "Why do you defend it and why does your religion seem to..."
In response to Reply #27

I never have gotten it. I understand the religion, I don't understand why characters who specifically go out of their way to make Papa Lyr proud by full saccing people and making them delete are so loved by you. Sure it 'gets a response' and 'inspires feelings and emotion' and 'is out of the norm', but..come on, really? Repeatedly?

You have had some awesome followers though who I thought did your religion concept very well. I just don't get why you allow the ####bags and encourage them and the playerbase to promote behaviors that run people off.

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 10:30 AM
1282 posts
#95841, "RE: Why do you defend it and why does your religion see..."
In response to Reply #29

I have watched this character as have many other imms. Full-looting and saccing? GROSSLY OVEREXAGGERATED. Let me ask you this. If he were an evil warrior in empire and had 200 kills, would you think he was that much of ass?

BeerMon 08-Nov-10 11:40 AM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95844, "So you say that I lie?"
In response to Reply #35

Because GROSSLY EXAGERATED sounds like you saying 'Hey Beer, you're imaginating what you've had'

As I said, perhaps when I started, I could have said 'Yeah, you're right, I did do something for it to happen' or 'Yeah, he just took an item or two'

I've been playing for 8 years now and when someone does drop 1.;sac 1., IT IS full-sacing someone.

At least do admit that he DID do it or just say that I'm a liar.

(I'll try to check if I got logs of it...just don't remember my char's name...but he was an Imperial warrior spear spec)

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 11:43 AM
1282 posts
#95845, "RE: So you say that I lie?"
In response to Reply #36

Having it done to a few characters does not mean that every character this guy fights is getting full looted and sac'd. I would be surprised if he did it to more than 5% of his kills.

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 11:59 AM
1282 posts
#95846, "Also.."
In response to Reply #37

I am not saying he hasn't done it, but I have yet to see him do it either.

And no, I was not calling you a liar. I do believe he did it to you, but that doesn't make it rampant either.

Wremol (Anonymous)Mon 08-Nov-10 01:52 PM
Charter member
#95847, "RE: Also.."
In response to Reply #38

>And no, I was not calling you a liar. I do believe he did it
>to you, but that doesn't make it rampant either.

He probably only does it to people he knows aren't going to be able to get back at him for it.

As for the Empire role, A> I wanted to be a lackey, that was the whole point. Everyone in empire was very nice and helpful sometime to the point of it not being very good RP. I was actually kind of disappointed I was treated so respectfully when I was going for a stereotypical doormat.

B> As for being hated/whatever, that's *good*. I wanted to get in lots of fights and have lots of enemies. But there's a difference between being surrounded by enemies and finding that whatever enemies you do have are out to ruin your fun above and beyond the call of duty. Two totally separate concepts (except that having more enemies increases the odds of running into one of the jerks). To be clear, I don't mind if people mopped the floor with me at every turn, and I don't mind if the same person fights me a lot.

What I didn't like is the feeling that if this guy was online there was nothing fun I would be allowed to do. My only option was to try to find ways to trap him. But none of the thing I tried worked remotely well enough to kill him, and if I stopped camping those spots he'd be on me again in 10 minutes, and doing anything but sitting around prepped for him would've meant a probable death and full-sac.

You can say "Well you should've been prepared for that as the character you rolled" But if you think that all transmuters, bards and healers should expect constant hounding and full-saccing because they're good in groups then we just fundamentally disagree about how the game should be played. And if the game really was that way, I wouldn't play. Since the game was approximating that situation, I deleted. And I don't feel the least bit bad about it. I have better things to do with my life than to play video games for ego gratification.

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 04:45 PM
1282 posts
#95848, "RE: Also.."
In response to Reply #39

>B> As for being hated/whatever, that's *good*. I wanted to
>get in lots of fights and have lots of enemies. But there's a
>difference between being surrounded by enemies and finding
>that whatever enemies you do have are out to ruin your fun
>above and beyond the call of duty. Two totally separate
>concepts (except that having more enemies increases the odds
>of running into one of the jerks). To be clear, I don't mind
>if people mopped the floor with me at every turn, and I don't
>mind if the same person fights me a lot.
>
>What I didn't like is the feeling that if this guy was online
>there was nothing fun I would be allowed to do. My only option
>was to try to find ways to trap him. But none of the thing I
>tried worked remotely well enough to kill him, and if I
>stopped camping those spots he'd be on me again in 10 minutes,
>and doing anything but sitting around prepped for him would've
>meant a probable death and full-sac.
>
>You can say "Well you should've been prepared for that as the
>character you rolled" But if you think that all transmuters,
>bards and healers should expect constant hounding and
>full-saccing because they're good in groups then we just
>fundamentally disagree about how the game should be played.
>And if the game really was that way, I wouldn't play. Since
>the game was approximating that situation, I deleted. And I
>don't feel the least bit bad about it. I have better things to
>do with my life than to play video games for ego
>gratification.

You are missing something here. No, I don't think all transmuters, bards and healers should expect constant hounding. I do believe that all IMPERIAL TRANSMUTERS will and should be hounded.

BeerMon 08-Nov-10 05:34 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95849, "Perhaps"
In response to Reply #38

Though can we agree, even if it's 5% of his kills (Which he should have what...50? 75? That makes 2 to 5 players?

So should we encourage such douchey behavior to those 2 to 5 players and discourage them to play?

Sure, now he might not do it because he has all the attention. But trust me, the log on I had to face/die to him, I'd have others tell me 'Sorry man, can't help you kill him, I have to regear since he full sacced me.'

I honestly can say that he did this to AT LEAST 4-5 players when I was around and one of them was a very obvious newbie who mustn't play here no more because of that (Though that, is perhaps false since I deleted and didn't check who's around since then)

So yeah, I think the people has the right to:

1- Be pissed
2- Question the reward system when someone could have acted so badly (Lack of sportmanship)
3- Wonder if sportmanship is frowned upon on this mud (Even though we're all aware that you will die, you will be looted...though full-saccing isn't usually useful)

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 05:51 PM
1282 posts
#95851, "RE: Perhaps"
In response to Reply #41

1 - Sure. People can be pissed. But, how many of them are really pissed because it was a healer that killed them?
2 - Sportsmanship - After watching him help countless good-aligned characters who aren't defilers, I think his sportsmanship is just fine and balanced. Just in the last few days of watching him, he has been extremely helpful with many good-aligned players.
3 - I don't think sportsmanship is frowned on at all. Unless you are talking about the tea parties that some paladins and necromancers give each other after one of them dies. That is one instance where I do frown upon so-called sportsmanship. (Paladin and necromancer are generalizations and not meant for anyone in particular).

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 05:53 PM
1282 posts
#95852, "One other thing."
In response to Reply #42

When you die, your gear is forfeit to the player(s) who killed you. If they choose to leave you something, it is a gift.

BeerMon 08-Nov-10 06:04 PM
322 posts
#95853, "That I understand"
In response to Reply #43

Though if you guys think like that, then that's a shame. I am NOT against looting. But I am when it happens more than once each log on and that guy spam-kill you.

But yeah, as I said, he's all good now. It's like a killer. You know, in the past, he killed 10 kid but he has grown older now and he's all ok now. That doesn't justify or excuse his past actions.

ThinhallenMon 08-Nov-10 08:14 PM
52 posts
#95855, "RE: One other thing."
In response to Reply #43

>When you die, your gear is forfeit to the player(s) who
>killed you. If they choose to leave you something, it is a
>gift.

So are you saying it's completely ok for a player as long as they are diametrically juxtaposed to another player to full loot/sac them? Possibly even worthy of Immortal rewards if it's within their role?

-thinnie

LhydiaMon 08-Nov-10 08:53 PM
2390 posts
#95858, "As evidenced by tatting that breed of character multipl..."
In response to Reply #45

gr

LyristeonMon 08-Nov-10 09:53 PM
1282 posts
#95861, "RE: One other thing."
In response to Reply #45

What I am saying is that if you die to someone period, if they wish to full loot and sac you, that's completely up to the victor. If a player wants to deal a retributive strike for that type of action, so be it. To the victor go the spoils.

ThinhallenTue 09-Nov-10 11:06 AM
52 posts
#95898, "Hmm..(long, convoluted)"
In response to Reply #47

..I agree wholeheartedly that people should have the ability to do whatever they want with their kills, but people don't want to have to go and completely regear when someone who obviously is far more skilled, has them outgeared, and plays 12 hours a day comes after them repeatedly. I think that's the point you're missing. Yes, if someone who is geared to the hilt dies, they usually lose most of their stuff because it makes sense for the victor to take the spoils, but if someone is basically geared, why bother. Take the kill, pat yourself on the back, then move on and try to keep yourself occupied. Have some open candor with your enemy possibly, but move on. Obviously, Immortals don't see everything, but if even a few players complain then it's possible that you should look into it rather then defend your empoweree to the last of your breath. Every time you see a person rage delete, you can take one of two stances, you can say that person is weak sauce and should have never played CF or you could take the approach that this person might have some insight into how we as Immortals can keep the player count high and make the game far more approachable by new players. In my opinion, it's this kind of disconnect between Immortals and players and the severe advantage that knowledge now gives within the game that has new players and returning veterans shying away and the player count low. I'm still rooting for CF and always will, but unless there is a concerted effort to keep douchery at a minimum, you'll see less and less people, until it's just 10 power-gamey types who can't speak english left playing.

Also to those who say, things were different and there was way more looting back in the day, there was also no corpseguard and a player count in the 150's. Everyone who walked by a corpse took a little bit so of course people would generally come back to an empty corpse. At the same time, new players would easily be on the receiving end of ill-gotten loot just as often as not. Gear changed hands quite often, everyone pretty much died, a lack of A/B/S made sure of that, but people who sac'd gear were still considered assholes.

-thinnie

BeerSun 07-Nov-10 10:20 AM
322 posts
#95821, "Uh"
In response to Reply #27

I doubt it's overexagerated. When someone spam-gate you in the lower level and if you end up dying, you return naked 'For unknown reasons' or just because you defended yourself...

AT WORST, if it's only once, that's somewhat acceptable...but I always had to log off because once I'd unghost, he'd do it again.

And you know, I'm not the kind of player who spam-insult someone or has bad behavior.

I decided I won't create something until he deletes.

TMNSSun 07-Nov-10 04:42 PM
2670 posts
#95829, "This is a sore subject with me."
In response to Reply #25

>I think another aspect of the problem is said ganging/full-looting griefer type characters getting rewarded by titles, cabal leadership, tattoos, etc.<

It isn't that they are rewarded per se, honestly, it's that it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO arbitrary. Personally, I have no problem with a character acting "douchey" as long as it isn't a pattern of behaviour throughout all characters. That's why no one likes Krilcov. Or Rogue. It's because ALL of their characters act the same way.

A character like Onirakoth was one of the most douchey characters of all-time. I remember the FORT chars whining on the forums/IC/etc about how horrible that char was etc etc etc. However, when he deleted, you find out that the player has played NEXUS leaders, MARANs, altruistic SCRIBES etc etc etc. And then you're like, damn, that character was fantastically roleplayed.

Basically, the IMMs have more tools to decide these things than the players.

Quick moment of bitterness: I still don't get that I the player had a 'pattern of this type of behaviour' but I'm done getting upset about Jindicho getting ####ed with.

incognitoSat 06-Nov-10 07:41 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95794, "That doesn't change the fact"
In response to Reply #18

That some people are really ruining the game for others, and it isn't necessary.

I'm not talking about the healer here, particularly, but about people who full loot those who don't stand a chance against them anyway, or repeatedly kill people who are clearly getting upset by the frequency.

TMNSWed 03-Nov-10 07:12 AM
2670 posts
#95726, "I think here is a giant disconnect with CF players righ..."
In response to Reply #15

>I was fine having a beef with Shura, but I think the character and the player both are total garbage (but he's tatted and sun warden so I must be wrong). It's one thing to have taunts back and forth, looting, and stuff, but this joker did stuff like put on ignore and continue to send taunts, which is just inexcusable, I think. That to me says you're not RPing, you're just being an obnoxious little schit. When you combine it with constant harassment and organized ganging followed by a full-sac, it's convincing evidence that you're dealing with a jackass player. And while I usually liked having the back and forth conflict with Shura alone I'm not a good enough player to handle being ganged, gated and sacced to the pies. So I'm throwing in the towel.<

That sucks. No one likes getting ganged/looted. But it's something that has been happening for literally decades and I'd daresay there is more solo fighting now than ever before (granted, I haven't played in 4 months). But yeah, that's a bad situation...

>Anyway, my goal with this character was to fill a role that rarely seems to be filled in CF: the obsequious imperial lackey. I thought I did okay with that, but not as well as I'd have liked.<

Alright, it's starting to make more sense. You were in Empire which basically gives you a sign saying "Gang me before I gang you". So as much as it sucks, I don't think you can get upset when a person who is literally DIAMETRICALLY opposed to you (chaotic good/orderly evil) is killing you with extreme prejudice. That would be like a rager complaining that a scion shapeshifter keeps ganging him.

And also, you really believe people haven't done "Obsequious Imperial Lackey" before? People do it ALL THE TIME.

Basically, what I'm saying is you wanted to play a certain char with certain role ideas and yet you seem increduolous that bad things happened. People need to realize that CF is going to #### you in the ass eventually. Someone will ruin your perfect plan/gear/role somehow. If people weren't so obsessed with "perfection" I truly believe they could have a lot more fun (IE I couldn't find my black so this character sucked posts are literally at an all time high).

In final, if you aren't having fun, by all means delete. However, try to take a look at what is "fun" on CF for you. If it's going 100-1 and having a pimp set, perhaps you'd be better off playing a non-PK, non-looting game.

DervishTue 02-Nov-10 08:05 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
#95727, "RE: I think here is a giant disconnect with CF players ..."
In response to Reply #10

> If it's going 100-1 and having a pimp set, perhaps you'd be better >off playing a non-PK, non-looting game.

Or lich

I cosign everything else.

Wremol (Anonymous)Tue 02-Nov-10 08:46 PM
Charter member
#95728, "Well not exactly"
In response to Reply #10

>That sucks. No one likes getting ganged/looted. But it's

It's not the ganging/looting per se. It's the combination. It's facing:

A player who makes ooc comments, turns on ignore and sends more taunts

and

A character who gates to you nonstop

and

Who coordinates gangs against you

and

Who full saccs you

and

who is given some of the highest accolades

and

who is quite obviously much more skilled.

I don't hate gangs, hell, I ganged for all of my kills (all 8 or whatever). Some of these things are perfectly fine (like the ganging) but all of them together make the game not fun for me. Sorry if that's a #### attitude, but that's how I feel. I'm not very good, and having an elite player who I have basically no chance to kill constantly hounding me (with organized gangs) to the point where I can't do anything makes the game not fun. If that's not a good attitude to have for CF, then maybe you're right and I should stop playing. I'm definitely open to that possibility at this point.

>And also, you really believe people haven't done "Obsequious
>Imperial Lackey" before? People do it ALL THE TIME.

Okay, I stand corrected. As far as I can tell nobody really plays pathetic worm type characters. I thought lots of people play imperial lackeys, but usually they aren't Wormtongue type guys. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, all the more reason not to keep this character.

>If it's going 100-1 and having a pimp set, perhaps you'd be
>better off playing a non-PK, non-looting game.

It's definitely not my goal to go 100-1. I don't mind dieing, and I never expected to have a pimp set. want some level of success, maybe a 40% pk ratio, and at least the possibility that I could do better. But without barrier that possibility simply doesn't exist. Not for me, anyway. Sure, I could play 6 transmuters in a row, spend 1000 hours and probably learn to do okay without barrier. But honestly this character wasn't much fun and if 1000 hours of frustration and skill practice/explore tedium is what it takes to do just okay, then it's not worth it and you're right, I should play a different game.

But honestly I wouldn't have deleted because of the barrier alone. But without barrier there's nothing I can do about the constant harassment outlined above. I don't even have a chance to learn anything that way, so it's just a waste of time.

KoeKhaosWed 03-Nov-10 04:54 PM
400 posts
#95750, "This whole thing sounds like what I was talking about i..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 03-Nov-10 05:11 PM

Every single response was against me being that it being used as a PK ability was out of balance with other classes similar abilities. But here is an example that appears to support what I said. Wremol, if you get a chance, check out my clarification of thoughts on my gate thread in the Gameplay section and see if you agree. I think it would make the "griefing" part of gate more in balance with other classes similar spells, but not nerf a healers ability to be a healer. Thanks!

HumbertTue 02-Nov-10 10:53 PM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
#95737, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Wremol the Master of Mutation, I..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to hear about the difficulties. The main source of frustration comes from the disjuncture between expectations and results. To be this frustrated you must've expected something, at least... And you're quite entitled to, provided you've put in the practice. A human transmuter is a superb PK machine from start to end. I really think if you got a bit more practice you'd have been able to avoid the situations which annoyed you so much. When I played my first transmuter I was shocked at how powerful they were, compared to my experience of invokers which just seemed like group-exploration characters rather than hardcore PKers.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95724 Previous topic | Next topic