Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Battle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95670
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Oct-10 09:48 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95670, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Battlefield"

Thu Oct 28 21:45:46 2010

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Preawnik perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:88

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm a jackwagon. heh :) n/t, Arkellin (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 12:08 PM, #12
Reply Goodbyes etc., Preawnik (Anonymous), 28-Oct-10 10:50 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Isildur, 29-Oct-10 12:49 AM, #5
Reply The gear thing., Truhukk (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 01:38 AM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Targrala (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 09:17 AM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Ohbehb, 29-Oct-10 09:36 AM, #9
Reply thumbsup, Nnaeshuk, 29-Oct-10 10:10 AM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Adekar, 29-Oct-10 11:23 AM, #11
Reply I really enjoyed our banters, and that I actually did m..., Mhuurg (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 01:30 PM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Quay (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 07:47 PM, #14
Reply RE: Goodbyes etc., Kyanden (Anonymous), 30-Oct-10 02:47 AM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..., Isildur, 28-Oct-10 10:29 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..., Preawnik (Anonymous), 28-Oct-10 10:35 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..., Isildur, 29-Oct-10 12:46 AM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..., Nimelerion (Anonymous), 29-Oct-10 01:31 AM, #6

Arkellin (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 12:08 PM
Charter member
#95687, "I'm a jackwagon. heh :) n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Preawnik (Anonymous)Thu 28-Oct-10 10:50 PM
Charter member
#95675, "Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #0

Preawnik had a long break near the end of his life and so I've most likely forgotten a lot of people. I apologize in advance for that.

I got the concept because I thought that cry+whirlwind could be a 'win' button when used in conjunction with hamstring and boneshatter. Fights rarely played out how I planned though, namely because I have a tendency to take the fight to someone rather than sit back and wait for them to come to me. I think a dagger spec needs a bit more tenacity and patience to be successful than I have, especially when I'm just trying to burn off stress and have a good time.

But when it worked, it worked. Best memory of this working was when I was running back with about 200hp from the Palace and some assassin tried to assassinate me. I didnt have much armor because I'd been fulled recently but I fled came back and hamstrung him. A warcry and a stab later, and he was dead.

I had a lot of fun with this character but on to the goodbyes.

Nnaeshuk: You were the bees knees and a ton of fun to talk to. Always a class act. I don't have much to say here that I didn't say in game but I hope you get a religion soon.

Khendel: You and I ####housed people. End of story. And though I don't like to get into this sort of thing out of game, you were right about that thing before you quit.

Chestav: When you were younger you rolled people. I can only assume that will continue. Good job, and good luck being the goodie Charine. I love the Djinn roleplay too.

Targrala: I'm not sure what I did to deserve your full loot but to each his own. That didn't bug me much I can regear in about twenty minutes, as I showcased by coming back and nearly ####housing you. You were a good opponent all things told but I really wish I could re-do that last fight we had. A stab instead of that first trip and it would have swung the other way I think.

Imperial Healers: All of you were a thorn in my side, but two of you I could rather easily negate of drive off. I always thought an average player playing a healer would be the same as a skilled person playing the healer. The High Priest was different though, just a completely different caliber. It's something intangible but well done.

Quay: Searing light weapons + hamstrung duergar axespec = dead duergar. Good fights though with a healer you were tough.

Shiloh: I don't have a counter to you. I hope you get a big weapon and roll people. You're pretty classy as an enemy too, thanks for leaving all my things.

Invokers: Ouch. You all were pretty classy though, even Arkellin who I originally thought was just a giant jackwagon but later decided was just RP. Special shoutout to Kyanden for trying to RP with me. You always asked at the wrong times.

Thrunna: You're not as tough as you think you are. I don't think you'll last long as Chieftain but you clearly know your orcs so I hope I'm surprised. Again, I'm not sure what I did to deserve that full loot at the end there. My gear wasn't great and I left you all your armor when I rolled you, but see Targrala. Full loots don't bother or slow me down much.

Drayden: I liked you a lot. I really really hoped you'd level up so we could roll around together but you're a class act and you were always down to throw down. Good luck!

Herethon: You're the bees knees too. Loved you with this character, too bad I missed your whole RP exit. To be fair, I would have followed you.

Dark-elf Transmuters: Both of you I had a chance to bash down protectionless. Both times the bashes missed. A part of me died inside as I knew those chances were rare.

Before I draw this to a close I'd like to shout out to no one giving me a hard time for rolling neutral guild guards. I was expecting someone to give me some #### for it, but I think that as a maran you should have no issue killing neutrals who are protecting the wicked. I was more than ready to accept immortal consequences though. It would have been a fun RP angle.

IsildurFri 29-Oct-10 12:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95677, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

I heartily approve of the word "jackwagon". That is all.

Truhukk (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 01:38 AM
Charter member
#95680, "The gear thing."
In response to Reply #3

My bad. I saw Thrunna make a warbanner and thought I'd see how
long a pc based one would last. I forgot until after we did it
that each one destroys some eq when you make it. As a player
I should have waited til you got all your things and then
did it. As an orc though, so long and thanks for the eyeball.
We actually didn't take anything out of the corpse
though. I hated fighting the horde before, first time I've
been on this end.

Targrala (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 09:17 AM
Charter member
#95682, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

Full loot part. Twice you got me in gang fights. Twice you looted me quiet heavily. That I can easily stomach and forgive. Twice you took my best sword from me. I can understand humansunder part of it - at least your ally can use it(though depending on my mood that alone could cost you if not full loot then at least get all corpse). But second time you took MY fargin Armaggedon despite the fact that I haven't took a single item from your corpse during your suicidal attempts to reraid day before. Hell I didn't even took back what was mine. So full loot was just to show you abit in right direction and you know I didn't do it second time you died. And yes that fight could go your way. I realy had that heartbeating moment after flurry didn't killed you, you berserked to writhing and started to eat my face with conceals. Though I still had about 200hp when you died. Other than that thanks for feeding my PK ratio and GLWYN

OhbehbFri 29-Oct-10 09:36 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2010
15 posts
#95683, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

Great Char,

I enjoyed the fights and the arguments we had, I also enjoyed the strange mutual respect we had for each others enemies. Good job all around, and don't get too down about not doing to well against certain combo's, every combo has it's bane.

NnaeshukFri 29-Oct-10 10:10 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#95685, "thumbsup"
In response to Reply #3

Hopefully you know how much I liked this character already, but in case you didn't, I really enjoyed our talks/interactions. From an early age, I could tell that you'd be something special. While I wish you hadn't gone around dying all the time :p, I respected your style. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Nae-nae

AdekarFri 29-Oct-10 11:23 AM
Member since 01st Jul 2009
102 posts
#95686, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

I didn't have a chance to watch this character after your break, but I remember liking him before it and I liked the way you were always out mixing it up.

Personally, I wouldn't give you a hard time for the guildguard thing.

Best of luck with your next.

Mhuurg (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 01:30 PM
Charter member
#95688, "I really enjoyed our banters, and that I actually did m..."
In response to Reply #3

Had quite some fun fighting you, or avoiding you depending if there were mages to hunt. That 3vs1 when I was bound up on the river with my boat stolen was somewhat of a high point for Mhuurg. Awesome stuff!

Sometimes you seemed skilled, the next time you made some "newbie" mistakes, returner?

Quay (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 07:47 PM
Charter member
#95691, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

Well I'll be dang.. I was losing interest in the character very fast and rethinking if I should really bother myself with CF anymore seeing how you bested me so quick every time that it's ridiculous..... I personally don't think daggers spec should be boost up anymore than what it can already do... you can probadly understand my frustration when you and Balta raided me with the special guest appearance of Shiloh summoning me to the vanquisher while you bash me down... but it's all behind me now that's you're done....glwyn

Kyanden (Anonymous)Sat 30-Oct-10 02:47 AM
Charter member
#95696, "RE: Goodbyes etc."
In response to Reply #3

Well done. I always seem to get silenced with dagger specs and I sit there and twiddle my thumbs, spam rip, or run around until it wears off. You definately were a slippery one. I can't count how many times you got away when another forked lightning or pillar would have finished you. And even after fleeing you started to live the last couple of times we fought. I think my next character I will try and make something like this character. Try new things during battles, learn what works and doesn't, and keep trucking. My hat off to you.

IsildurThu 28-Oct-10 10:29 PM
5969 posts
#95673, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

This has to be some sort of record for non-pathological con-death by a veteran player.

Preawnik (Anonymous)Thu 28-Oct-10 10:35 PM
Charter member
#95674, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #1

It's certainly something I'm not proud of. I only started playing regularly after a pretty prolonged absence right when the big crash occurred. I've never really played dagger specs, or mace specs so this was quite the learning experience. I don't think they necessarily suit my play style.

IsildurFri 29-Oct-10 12:46 AM
5969 posts
#95676, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #2

I didn't mean what I said to be a big slam on you. You certainly seemed to know what you were doing. I did notice you were a ghost a lot, but I figured you were giving as well as you got.

Nimelerion (Anonymous)Fri 29-Oct-10 01:31 AM
Charter member
#95679, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Preawnik the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #1

Did he beat me out? Oh wait you said vet. I'm more like a newb
that's been around a long time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95670 Previous topic | Next topic