Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fintilli the Planewalker, Elder Pr..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95130
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 30-Sep-10 06:28 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95130, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fintilli the Planewalker, Elder Prophet of the Light"

Thu Sep 30 18:26:08 2010

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Fintilli perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:181

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbye, Fintilli (Anonymous), 01-Oct-10 12:21 PM, #3
Reply Conjuring, Habbs, 01-Oct-10 12:30 PM, #4
Reply Hmm, actually looks like Mell and Aervery never met you, Habbs, 01-Oct-10 12:35 PM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbye, Miyo (Anonymous), 01-Oct-10 12:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbye, Chestav (Anonymous), 01-Oct-10 01:59 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fintilli the Planewalker, Elde..., Hzerliach, 30-Sep-10 11:54 PM, #2
Reply Let me be the first to say @$%@#$@!, Herethon (Anonymous), 30-Sep-10 06:57 PM, #1

Fintilli (Anonymous)Fri 01-Oct-10 12:21 PM
Charter member
#95148, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Yes you could say life caught up with me as it were. Fintilli was really an attempt to bolster the Acolytes up a bit, give a little new perspective...hope I accomplished that.

Most of Fintilli's life was spent opposite Miyo which couldn't have been more perfect since Miyo was constantly on the hunt, and Fintilli was not. However, I tried in a very sparse landscape to inspire the lone-wolf Squires and Maran to tone it down a bit and maybe bring it down out of 6th gear every so often. It is the age old problem of Acolyte vs Maran. And my idea with Fintilli was to broach that subject every chance I could. Unfortunately when I had the zeal and steam to do so, I was pretty much alone. This was when the two Maran leaders were also running out of steam and disappeared altogether.

Anyway, I hope I sort of bridged the gap in between that and the situation we have now where the numbers are quite strong.

Any personal goodbyes I'll answer but Fintilli was a no-role conjie who I hope had a very small impact. If I had any more than that I'd be impressed.

Secondarily, the combo of being Orderly Good, and having Cherub, and picking the edges I picked. Seriously did not make it easier to call anything of value. I didn't log the attempts but I know for the last week of his life I conjured nothing but luminous archons, and even ended up with a few elementals that I could kill with my little finger. Either it was the Veil, or just bad luck but I couldn't seem to get a handle on my conjurings at Hero. And I've played some conjies before, I'm not a newbie to them. It really was frustrating. Just throwing it out there as a Buyer Beware. The only variable I can think of is the last successful conjie I played was pre-Veil so I might just be really out of touch with that aspect of it.

Also, getting feebleminded and insane from 'Contact other Planes' is the definitive suck. Like 50 hours or something. Happened quite a bit to me. I think I was cursed. Probably from the 18,000 times I got steamrolled by Hanord/Zubei. Hanord you know I love ya, Zubei....meh.

HabbsFri 01-Oct-10 12:30 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95149, "Conjuring"
In response to Reply #3

PM habbs on the other board and I would love to talk to you about the conjuring stuff you mention.

I talked with you some with Aervery and Mellaithdon, and my current did some as well. I enjoyed what you were doing and noticed it, even if all of my characters were probably examples of what you mention as being in a high gear on the maran path.

GLWYN.

HabbsFri 01-Oct-10 12:35 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#95150, "Hmm, actually looks like Mell and Aervery never met you"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 01-Oct-10 12:35 PM

So I guess I just talked a lot with you with my current

Miyo (Anonymous)Fri 01-Oct-10 12:56 PM
Charter member
#95151, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

Liked you a lot. Though my perception of Fintilli was that you sure like to fight for an acolyte.... Might just have been me though. Thanks for all the fun times. It was cool.

Chestav (Anonymous)Fri 01-Oct-10 01:59 PM
Charter member
#95152, "RE: Goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

I think we both created nearly the same time and grew up at the same rate for a good while.

I liked you and only wish I'd been able to travel with you some to get to know you even better. I wish I'd known about your conjuring woes, I would have liked to go through the paces of it with you and compare results. My immediate thought is you were either using too much mana, or an amount that just didn't seem to suit your environment, but it is hard to say.

I was really glad for you when you got to help with leadership, and I think we saw eye to eye even if from opposite sides of the fence as far as Maran and Acolyte.

Will miss having you around.

HzerliachThu 30-Sep-10 11:54 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2010
8 posts
#95138, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Fintilli the Planewalker, Elde..."
In response to Reply #0

I echo what Herethon said. I was looking forward to interacting with you after you indicted me. I had heard many great things about you.

Herethon (Anonymous)Thu 30-Sep-10 06:57 PM
Charter member
#95131, "Let me be the first to say @$%@#$@!"
In response to Reply #0

Why'd you delete?!?!?!? Ugh you were a great char, good leader knew your stuff. I really really enjoyed having you around. Seems like RL got a hold of you? Anyway come back soon, all the conjies are deleting!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #95130 Previous topic | Next topic