Subject: "(DEL) Nhernin Srensa the Master of the Glade, Warde" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9487
Show all folders | View messages in linear mode

Death_AngelThu 03-Oct-02 10:40 PM
Member since 19th May 2024
16858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9487, "(DEL) Nhernin Srensa the Master of the Glade, Warde"

Fri Oct 4 00:39:09 2002

11 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness on the Theran calendar Nhernin perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:207
PK Ratio:37% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Nhernin Srensa the Master of the Glade, Ward..., Quiditus, 04-Oct-02 09:43 AM, #16
Reply I'm done., Nhernin (Guest), 03-Oct-02 10:47 PM, #1
     Reply *blink*, Arehanah (Guest), 03-Oct-02 10:51 PM, #2
     Reply RE: *blink*, Roktalken (Guest), 04-Oct-02 12:28 AM, #5
     Reply RE: I'm done., Noldruk, 03-Oct-02 11:14 PM, #3
     Reply I was talking about you as a player, not a character. ..., Nhernin (Guest), 04-Oct-02 12:39 AM, #7
     Reply RE: I'm done., Axike (Guest), 03-Oct-02 11:27 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I'm done., Roktalken (Guest), 04-Oct-02 12:33 AM, #6
     Reply Yeah yeah..., Arehanah (Guest), 04-Oct-02 06:37 AM, #12
     Reply Well done......(text), Korran, 04-Oct-02 02:12 AM, #8
     Reply Well...not one bitching spree about me. That's new......., Dyorian (Guest), 04-Oct-02 02:28 AM, #9
     Reply RE: I'm done., Prendac, 04-Oct-02 03:33 AM, #10
     Reply RE: I'm done., Khurmen (Guest), 04-Oct-02 06:08 AM, #11
     Reply This isnt what I wanted to see over my morning coffee., Blimbali (Guest), 04-Oct-02 07:07 AM, #13
     Reply A few things here too.., Nhernin (Guest), 05-Oct-02 07:17 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I'm done., Ilyat (Guest), 04-Oct-02 07:30 AM, #14
     Reply RE: I'm done., Saldradien, 04-Oct-02 08:16 AM, #15
     Reply Just a few things., Nhernin (Guest), 05-Oct-02 07:12 PM, #20
     Reply 't was fun :), Sajar (Guest), 05-Oct-02 12:52 PM, #17
     Reply Hey, Minyar, 05-Oct-02 01:40 PM, #18
          Reply Well.., Nhernin (Guest), 05-Oct-02 07:08 PM, #19

QuiditusFri 04-Oct-02 09:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9488, "RE: (DEL) Nhernin Srensa the Master of the Glade, Ward..."
In response to Reply #0

What happened??? damnit.....too many rangers deleting on me...and witht his stupid network scewup on my comp I can barely play and everyone is ranking on me ::sighs:: ah well hope ye come back to the fields soon...and if anyone knows what happened to Sayurmelo could ye tell me?? (I dont even know if he was Sylvan but I assumed he was)

- Quiditus aka

Nhernin (Guest)Thu 03-Oct-02 10:47 PM

#9489, "I'm done."
In response to Reply #0

Well, it was fun sometimes, but the game just made me stressed or angry more often then not. I played an unbelievable amount of time for how bad I was. I started just before the new age. I still remember my brother’s friend (playing as Maple) giving me a suit of red, two nightwings, and a blasphemy. But what the hell, it’s time to move on, and the game just isn’t fun anymore. Besides, I only had two heros, and both turned out to be pretty shitty.

As far as Nhernin went, I think he did a lot better than Siacla. He was, without a doubt, one of my favorite characters, up until I became lieutenant. I don’t even know how I was allowed to become lieutenant, as I was on quite a bit of codeine at the time (and most other times I played) and just nodded the whole time. Heh, thanks anyway Blimbali, and sorry I deleted so soon.

Nhernin did alright, but I quit caring about preps and gear as it is really a tedious task getting all those letters on a screen and then having somebody take it all away just to be a #####.

Let’s see here..

Sylvan: In general, it’s not a bad cabal, but half the mud is enemies, and they only get two decent powers for fights.

Jacheyik – Heh, good work. I should mention he’s my cousin, and has been playing just as long as I have. No, we didn’t permagroup, though if we were both on we usually levelled together.

Alysrith – The best leader Sylvan has ever had (well, any that I’ve been under), and one of the best leaders I’ve been under. You’ll make a good Imm, and I could actually understand you as I had read that Ysigrath language as another character. Great roleplay, it was fun interacting with you.

Blimbali – Ah, you’re going to be a strong leader. You have good ideals for Sylvan, and you really increased my OOC morale. I just wish beast call could be used more, but you were right.

Gwimdorf – You’re a good lieutenant, and you always helped us out when we were in need. And you were always on your toes. Good job.

Stelinsia – Slow down. Heh. In ten minutes we had, what, five people after us? I didn’t have time to think before I was being chased by a ranger, a paladin, a Tribunal (?) and two or three Scions. Good fun, though, when I could keep up.

Simyar/Danical/Allthem – Good work all around, you really helped the cabal out. I really don’t know what else to say.

Jhaolyren – Heh, you must have known who I played earlier. Good job there, you always held your own in our fights, and helped a lot when it came to planning.

Axike – We really didn’t get along before I got inducted, but it all worked out in the end. It’s hard being grouped with a shapeshifter though, as you can’t really communicate. Wish I could have helped you hero, but good luck. Sorry about getting you killed a few times.

Bloody hell, I really can’t name them all. If you want to, throw me a line.

Tribunal:

Noldruk – People like you is why I quit playing cf. I guess I really should thank you, but you’re all pieces of #####. Does it really matter that I have to spend thirty minutes of my life killing the same mobs over again to get more gear? And I haven’t full looted anyone except when another Sylvan gets the gear. It’s just #####. Not to mention you siding with whoever is most powerful at any given moment.

Garhizrus – You so could have torn me up. God bless shields and wilderness fam.

Ilyatur – I think I could have taken you, but you were always prepped to high hell. Why you called two other tribunals into the weald to help you when I had four pieces of gear on, I’ll never know. But I’ll take it as a compliment.

Kaebe – I felt kinda guilty. I whined and bitched and spun facts and then you actually agreed with me. Kind of confusing, but thanks for being a tribunal who actually took thought into his actions.

Scions: Nothing to say, nobody in that cabal ever really talked. Khurmen, please don’t lich. You’re a tough fight the way it is.

Warlock:

Finduthilas, you scared the crap out of me. 500hp geysers aren’t exactly my idea of fun.

Sloryas, you really weren’t so tough. And people, quit using fire on felar. Water is the way to go.

I’m missing a lot of people, but I have some TFC to get at. It was a fun seven years, but it got worse as I went on.

Nhernin/Siacla/Yarsin

Arehanah (Guest)Thu 03-Oct-02 10:51 PM

#9507, "*blink*"
In response to Reply #1

Am I that forgettable?

Sorry to see you go, things look more grim than ever with the never log off Roktalken machine mowing us down.

Arehanah

Roktalken (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 12:28 AM

#9508, "RE: *blink*"
In response to Reply #2

Come now, I do log off sometimes

>Am I that forgettable?
>
>Sorry to see you go, things look more grim than ever with
>the never log off Roktalken machine mowing us down.
>
>Arehanah

NoldrukThu 03-Oct-02 11:14 PM
51 posts
#9505, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

Two things:

First, don't start a war with a cabal unless you're prepared for the monster you create to not sleep until you're destroyed.

Second, why would a neutral Tribunal warrior have any reason not to be friends with *anyone* who respects his laws and ideals?

Noldruk

Nhernin (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 12:39 AM

#9506, "I was talking about you as a player, not a character. ..."
In response to Reply #3

asdf

Axike (Guest)Thu 03-Oct-02 11:27 PM

#9504, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

>Axike – We really didn’t get along before I got inducted,
--Hrm. Refresher please? I have a terrible memory.
>but it all worked out in the end.
--To a degree. Another Sylvan that Axike liked gone. *mutter*
>It’s hard being grouped
>with a shapeshifter though, as you can’t really communicate.
--Heh, you're telling me? ;p I so wish they could use some cb(maybe allow them to use socials over it?) or at least have more socials. Too few as it is.
> Wish I could have helped you hero, but good luck.
--I do believe everyone who mentions me says this
>Sorry
>about getting you killed a few times.
--My own fault. Sorry to have gotten you killed by Rokwhatever and Noldruk at the end there. *mutter*

>I’m missing a lot of people, but I have some TFC to get at.
--TFC?
>It was a fun seven years, but it got worse as I went on.
--I hear ya. Take a break. There are some fun things about CF, and some not so fun. Hopefully you will find something that you really enjoy(whether CF or not). It seems to me, that when people are newbs they always enjoy something more. There just seems to be more mystery in it. Whenever I get such a feeling, I just go back over the oldest logs on Dios and reminisce.
>
>Nhernin/Siacla/Yarsin
--Sorry to see you go, good luck with whatever you do.

Roktalken (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 12:33 AM

#9502, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

Sad to see you go. I must say that you never really scared me, but then again, invokers do seem to be fairly powerful. Not to mention the fact that when fighting you, Arehanah and Gwimdorf, all I had to do was toss a few geysers One thing I can say about you is that you had guts. Good luck in the future!

Arehanah (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 06:37 AM

#9503, "Yeah yeah..."
In response to Reply #6

I always seem gypped when I spend an hour gathering preperations and still don't even come close to hurting invokers...

C'est la vie, can't win em all.

KorranFri 04-Oct-02 02:12 AM
20 posts
#9501, "Well done......(text)"
In response to Reply #1

All I can really say is it would have been cool if we could have ended up being friends in the end.

But beating you down was fun.

Good luch an all that.

Korran

Dyorian (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 02:28 AM

#9500, "Well...not one bitching spree about me. That's new......."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

PrendacFri 04-Oct-02 03:33 AM
0 posts
#9499, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

You Forgot me!!!

Anyways... good job Nhernin. It seems like we were friends for a long time (even before you join sylvan). I took a long break over the summer, so you probably didn't get to see me much during that. Sad to see you go man...

Does this mean I am the highest level ranger in sylvan now or something? If so, then sweet...

Khurmen (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 06:08 AM

#9498, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

-Scions: Nothing to say, nobody in that cabal ever really talked. Khurmen, please don’t lich. You’re a tough fight the way it is.

I must say when I first saw you ranking up with the sylvan horde I was concerned about snare. Then that first fight at the mount when we were all snared and you attacked us and Roktalken killed everyone I was a little less concerned. I really think you could have used snares a hell of alot better. You will be back. TFC just does not cure the CF addiction. I know I have tried.

-Khurmen

As far as liching, its the only way I can fight hero storm pallys.

Blimbali (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 07:07 AM

#9496, "This isnt what I wanted to see over my morning coffee."
In response to Reply #1

>
>As far as Nhernin went, I think he did a lot better than
>Siacla. He was, without a doubt, one of my favorite
>characters, up until I became lieutenant. I don’t even know
>how I was allowed to become lieutenant, as I was on quite a
>bit of codeine at the time (and most other times I played)
>and just nodded the whole time. Heh, thanks anyway
>Blimbali, and sorry I deleted so soon.
>

This is exactly why I asked you once more if you thoght you were up to it. I have had this happen to chars where I had leadership thrust upon me and I didnt want it then. You mentioned once that you didnt see yourself as a leader so Sally and I asked again, you said you were ready so I gave it to you. It honestly makes me feel like crap to think that you might still be around had I not given it to you. I loved hanging out with you. When you got in I let you lead the hunt a few times to see how cimpetant you were, after that I just always seemed to let you lead since I knew you and I though on very similar paths.

If it makes you feel better I had 3 people in mind for Lieutenant in case one didnt want it or work out.

>Nhernin did alright, but I quit caring about preps and gear
>as it is really a tedious task getting all those letters on
>a screen and then having somebody take it all away just to
>be a #####.

Same here. I dont participate in it...consequently, I die.

>Alysrith – The best leader Sylvan has ever had (well, any
>that I’ve been under), and one of the best leaders I’ve been
>under. You’ll make a good Imm, and I could actually
>understand you as I had read that Ysigrath language as
>another character. Great roleplay, it was fun interacting
>with you.

Agreed, HUGE shoes to fill, no matter what people say.

>Blimbali – Ah, you’re going to be a strong leader. You have
>good ideals for Sylvan, and you really increased my OOC
>morale. I just wish beast call could be used more, but you
>were right.

Well thanks. As for the beast call thing, I think of it somewhat along the lines of Special Guards but only more strict. You shouldnt be able to use guards to help you gear, and the beasts are wild creatures. Calling them for anything but dire situations to possibly die isnt Kosher. Would be nice though..

>
>Noldruk – People like you is why I quit playing cf. I guess
>I really should thank you, but you’re all pieces of #####.
>Does it really matter that I have to spend thirty minutes of
>my life killing the same mobs over again to get more gear?
>And I haven’t full looted anyone except when another Sylvan
>gets the gear. It’s just #####. Not to mention you siding
>with whoever is most powerful at any given moment.

Ill speak more on this when I finally croak but for now I will say I agree with every word.

Drop me an email maybe?
Blimbali@yahoo.com

Nhernin (Guest)Sat 05-Oct-02 07:17 PM

#9497, "A few things here too.."
In response to Reply #13

I deleted because I'm sick of rangers (especially felar), and the whole mud was starting to really get at me. Being lieutenant was actually the highlight of the character, even if I didn't take time to get gear/preps and fight people the right way, and held the position for a whole four(?) days.

It was my second hero and my first leader, and for playing cf like it's any other game, I'd say I did well enough.

Ilyat (Guest)Fri 04-Oct-02 07:30 AM

#9495, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

>Ilyatur – I think I could have taken you, but you were
>always prepped to high hell. Why you called two other
>tribunals into the weald to help you when I had four pieces
>of gear on, I’ll never know. But I’ll take it as a
>compliment.

First, I had strong suspicions that you were who you were. For some reason I could not pinpoint.

Second, I think a one on one fight probably would have come down to who had the higher damroll...if it was to the death. I would have been glad to fight you one on one. But, when you weren't a criminal...you were with 3-5 others...And when you were a criminal...there was no REASON for me to fight you alone and give you a chance at escape.

Third, I will take that "always prepped to high hell" as a compliment...because the opposite is actually true. I hardly ever have more than fly/shield..sometimes aura. And I could have much much more.

Fourth, About that time in the Weald...Like I said above, there is no reason for me to fight alone a criminal...giving him a chance to get away...if there are other Tribunals willing to come make sure the criminal falls.

SaldradienFri 04-Oct-02 08:16 AM
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9493, "RE: I'm done."
In response to Reply #1

What no love for a homey? All you dirty wanker lieuts deleting on me.... I give you props for Nhernin, you were around alot, and what I saw of you seemed in line with philosophy. A good sylvan in my book. Sorry the Lieut thing didn't work for you, that's why I go through that shpill when I make someone Lieut. It's not for everyone. I dig the fearless types, gives applicants someone to look up to, and that's the impression I got from Nhernin. Good luck with the next, sorry we didn't get more interaction between us.

Saldradien has left the building.

"At it's heart (cf), it's about two things: Murder and roleplaying. A possible third thing being extra murder." - Nepenthe

Nhernin (Guest)Sat 05-Oct-02 07:12 PM

#9494, "Just a few things."
In response to Reply #15

Sylvan is generally a good cabal, with decent roleplayers and a good philosophy, but with all those enemies, they should get another decent power for pking. Nothing too strong, but *something* would be great. Perhaps something that hurts or maledicts the "soulless".

It was fun though, and you really did give me a good warning about becomming lieutenant. It's just too bad that those two words make you a target to most of your pk range. But what the hell, that's the payback I got for messing with people trying to level.

Sajar (Guest)Sat 05-Oct-02 12:52 PM

#9492, "'t was fun :)"
In response to Reply #1

this is the second char of mine that interacted with one of yours. See you around

MinyarSat 05-Oct-02 01:40 PM
504 posts
#9490, "Hey"
In response to Reply #1

I said it already, but I really liked Nhernin. You were fun to fight with, and you knew a thing or two about rangers which was good. Though, why did you delete Siacla, then make Nhernin?

Aaron

Nhernin (Guest)Sat 05-Oct-02 07:08 PM

#9491, "Well.."
In response to Reply #18

I deleted Siacla because of the Warlock war. Being in a war with Warlocks as a felar really isn't pretty. I also got bored with her, and she had almost no con (and was getting pretty old).

After Siacla, I had a few unsuccessful characters, and a few midly successful ones. I knew I could play and hero a felar ranger, and I learned quite a few things about fighting conjurers after I deleted, so I went at it again.

It was fun though. I quit for a whole day. Heh.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9487 Previous topic | Next topic