Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the Bat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94821
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 17-Sep-10 01:12 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94821, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the Battlefield, Emperor of Thera"

Fri Sep 17 01:11:20 2010

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Zubei perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:456

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., _Magus_, 17-Sep-10 04:45 PM, #31
Reply You were SUPER deathful!, Nnaeshuk, 17-Sep-10 04:58 PM, #33
Reply To clear things out about the strange bracers ordeal., Ckath (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 06:10 PM, #35
Reply Well that makes my life easier, Herethon (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 06:26 PM, #36
Reply Hmm, that was bad, Trouble, 17-Sep-10 06:57 PM, #37
Reply There's nothing really wrong with looting., sleepy, 17-Sep-10 07:19 PM, #38
Reply Hey, we were finally friends!, TMNS, 20-Sep-10 07:01 PM, #48
     Reply RE: Hey, we were finally friends!, _Magus_, 20-Sep-10 09:05 PM, #49
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., Kanye (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 01:50 PM, #
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., ORB, 17-Sep-10 02:51 PM, #19
     Reply Take off the tinfoil hat, lurker, 17-Sep-10 02:54 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Take off the tinfoil hat, ORB, 17-Sep-10 03:36 PM, #25
          Reply Keep thinking you're 2/2, lurker, 17-Sep-10 03:44 PM, #26
               Reply lol (n/t), Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 04:05 PM, #27
               Reply RE: Keep thinking you're 2/2, ORB, 17-Sep-10 04:16 PM, #28
                    Reply i like you, and award you the internet victory over the..., Gaspar, 17-Sep-10 09:10 PM, #39
                    Reply You're on crack. Magus is from Ohio., TMNS, 11-Oct-10 11:00 AM, #50
     Reply From the vitriol I saw between these two players..., Twist, 17-Sep-10 03:13 PM, #22
          Reply RE: From the vitriol I saw between these two players..., Knac, 17-Sep-10 04:19 PM, #29
               Reply Looting, Nnaeshuk, 17-Sep-10 04:32 PM, #30
                    Reply RE: Looting, Knac, 17-Sep-10 04:51 PM, #32
                    Reply Or.. We lost a lot of players because they got tired of..., Pro, 17-Sep-10 09:52 PM, #40
                    Reply While I agree with this argument in some ways, Drag0nSt0rm, 18-Sep-10 12:04 PM, #42
                    Reply Nah, MRSK, 18-Sep-10 06:12 PM, #43
                    Reply Also important to point out, Vortex Magus, 20-Sep-10 12:38 PM, #44
                         Reply Good point., blackbird, 20-Sep-10 01:10 PM, #45
                              Reply ^^^^^ This nt, Drag0nSt0rm, 20-Sep-10 01:20 PM, #46
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., Kanye (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 01:50 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., ORB, 17-Sep-10 09:26 AM, #1
     Reply How did he piss off people, actually?, Imperial (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 11:30 AM, #2
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, AN1 (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 11:39 AM, #4
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, ORB, 17-Sep-10 12:01 PM, #7
          Reply not that it matters but, laxman, 17-Sep-10 03:08 PM, #21
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, ORB, 17-Sep-10 11:50 AM, #5
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, Daevryn, 17-Sep-10 11:17 PM, #41
          Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, Isildur, 20-Sep-10 03:24 PM, #47
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, Reinal, 17-Sep-10 11:56 AM, #6
     Reply He must play duergars than..., Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 12:06 PM, #8
     Reply RE: He must play duergars than..., Reinal, 17-Sep-10 01:20 PM, #11
          Reply I agree :), Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 01:47 PM, #14
               Reply RE: I agree :), Reinal, 17-Sep-10 02:05 PM, #17
                    Reply It's called "class", some people just lack it, N b M, 17-Sep-10 02:15 PM, #18
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, ORB, 17-Sep-10 12:23 PM, #9
     Reply RE: How did he piss off people, actually?, Someone (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 12:48 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., ordasen, 17-Sep-10 11:34 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., Isildur, 17-Sep-10 01:25 PM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..., ORB, 17-Sep-10 01:43 PM, #13
               Reply I'm not defending him, but..., Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 02:01 PM, #16
               Reply FWIW..., Twist, 17-Sep-10 03:17 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: FWIW..., ORB, 17-Sep-10 04:02 PM, #24
                         Reply RE: FWIW..., AN1 (Anonymous), 17-Sep-10 05:02 PM, #34

_Magus_Fri 17-Sep-10 04:45 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94859, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Several years ago, before the Empire cabal went defunct and made its eventual return, I had an Elite Blade. I had a few unsuccessful Imperials since its return (none of them made it beyond level 40). So my goal with this character was to just get Elite Blade, and I exceeded my expectations.

I wanted to have loose roleplay that allowed me to have as many PK opportunities as possible. So I adopted the idea that if you weren't in Empire or helping Empire (armor, gold or protection) then you were on the hit list. I got 350 kills. So I exceeded my expectations there.

All in all, it was a good run for me. All the haters out there...put up or shut up, and keep it in game. Peace out--college is back in session.

NnaeshukFri 17-Sep-10 04:58 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#94861, "You were SUPER deathful!"
In response to Reply #31

I wish we could have gotten to fight some, I was looking forward to seeing you come up through the ranks, but it just wasn't in the cards, time-wise. See you on the next go round, maybe, yeah?

Nae-nae

Ckath (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 06:10 PM
Charter member
#94865, "To clear things out about the strange bracers ordeal."
In response to Reply #31

Ckath asked to trade the strange bracers with Zubei. 1000 gold, promotion was offered. He declined, Ckath put some preasure on him about it, coverly treathening him with demotion if he didn't accept the trade. He accepted.

about a week or so later, we were fighting Charine and raiding, he asked Ckath to lend him the bracers to remove slow, Ckath accepted (However, I was 99% certain he'd steal them, and I did want a reason to anathema Zubei.), Zubei stole them, was given 4 chances to return them before made Anathema, after that Zubei constantly avoid facing Ckath even with strange bracers 1vs1.

When Ckath anamthead himself and Hanord was made emperor, Zubei was returned to the Empire by Enlilth, I spoke with Enlilth when Ckath con-died and he said that it was a mistake on his part to get Zubei back into the Empire and appologized for it. Which I accepted, but I am as someone wrote, curious, to how many players CF lost because of this.

Anyways, about Zubei. Awesome PK-char, you REALLY stepped your PK up Magus. I never noticed any RP, but the ONLY ooc thing I noticed was that note, and I think you got smacked a bit for it by imms.

You also stated that you didn't care if you were percieved as an asshole, so I'll just confirm it for you, that's how I percieved you.

Good stuff on the PK though.

Herethon (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 06:26 PM
Charter member
#94866, "Well that makes my life easier"
In response to Reply #31

You were just mean. It was ridiculously hard to fight you as a shapeshifter who can't maledict at all. You were an interesting person to watch because sometimes I notice you'd flee immediately and quaff. Other times you'd flee hamstring and beat the snot out of me. Getting you in Imperial lands was really cathartic for a lot of the Fortress. You were a scary scary cat and for that I'll say good job.

TroubleFri 17-Sep-10 06:55 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
#94867, "Hmm, that was bad"
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Fri 17-Sep-10 06:57 PM

Not you, the message. Things got a little screwed up. So basically ignore this post and pretend it never happened.

sleepyFri 17-Sep-10 07:19 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#94868, "There's nothing really wrong with looting."
In response to Reply #31

The Full loot after a gank was a bitch, but w.e.

What made you a douche to me, however, was your ignores.

First encounter: Sitting in MS, you on the High Road, then:

Zubei tells you: Coward.(or something of that nature)
Zubei is ignoring you.

And every time after that, it's just #### talk, ignore, #### talk ignore.

TMNSMon 20-Sep-10 07:01 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#94899, "Hey, we were finally friends!"
In response to Reply #31

Glad you weren't raping the hell out of me this time.

So, I don't normally like Magus character's, but I liked Zubei.

All the qualities that make me dislike your Tribs/Forties were present in Zubei, which was perfect for an evil, cold-hearted bastard.

I remember once when you looted the piss out of some outlander and I told him I fulled him. Hopefully that was one more person who didn't try to out you on the forums.

Figured out this was you after I noticed you posting quite a bit on Dio's. Figured you were back and Zubei really did seem like your style.

You did help Jindicho quite a bit. Glad you had fun. Good luck with school.

_Magus_Mon 20-Sep-10 09:05 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#94900, "RE: Hey, we were finally friends!"
In response to Reply #48

Yeah, if I remember the timeline correctly, you managed to post a log with your handle on qhcf real late at night before the whole debacle with Cyradia started for you. So I knew it was you for a while.

I liked Jindicho a lot--but probably for the wrong reasons. I saw you catching a lot of flak on the forums, and there's nothing I hate more than jerkoffs posting hateful messages about active characters, since you can't (or shouldn't) defend yourself. So I decided to interact with you a bit (I think maybe you approached me first, offering spells for coins and whatnot), and from there, I decided it would be OK to pawn off some extra gear to you. This in turn gained me at least some measure of compatability from you, and spells often became free later down the road.

Honestly, beyond taking a couple-few items from corpses that I made (and the occasional full looting people who I perceived to be douchebags), I'm not sure what anyone had against Zubei. But you managed to see the character for what he was worth. A no-nonsense attitude towards killing enemies of the Empire. The character really was that simple. An Imperial soldier just trying to do his part.

Anyway, thanks for the positive comments.

Kanye (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 01:50 PM
Charter member
#94841, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."

I'm not sure where the idea Zubei is part of the Pittsburgh crew came from. Most of us have quit playing regularly.

I'm pretty sure Zubei was played by Magus.

And Isildur I was Kurzghar.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 02:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
#94846, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Lol, pretty sure it's magus? You know he is, and ok maybe he's not from Pitt but apparently he's bff with you guys now.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

lurkerFri 17-Sep-10 02:54 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94847, "Take off the tinfoil hat"
In response to Reply #19

Now I know why Batman/Stevers/RobDarken make so much fun of you.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 03:36 PM
993 posts
#94852, "RE: Take off the tinfoil hat"
In response to Reply #20

Considering someone told me these two among others were all playing Empire together a month ago and the fact that I just called out two of them before Kayne posted admitting to it seems like I'm 2/2 so far.

makes us stronger.

lurkerFri 17-Sep-10 03:44 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94853, "Keep thinking you're 2/2"
In response to Reply #25

The rest of us will remember you as the delusional nonce that discovered the permagroup that never existed.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 04:05 PM
Charter member
#94854, "lol (n/t)"
In response to Reply #26

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 04:16 PM
993 posts
#94855, "RE: Keep thinking you're 2/2"
In response to Reply #26

Whatever, what is it to you, are you their defense attorney? Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

makes us stronger.

GasparFri 17-Sep-10 09:10 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#94870, "i like you, and award you the internet victory over the..."
In response to Reply #28

nt. cracka

TMNSMon 11-Oct-10 11:00 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#95342, "You're on crack. Magus is from Ohio."
In response to Reply #28

And people from Pittsburgh hate people from Ohio. Or just feel really sorry for them.

As I've said before, there is no Pittsburgh perma anymore. None of us play with the exception of one or two people.

Just checking in.

TwistFri 17-Sep-10 03:13 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#94849, "From the vitriol I saw between these two players..."
In response to Reply #19

I can pretty much assure you they aren't/weren't "bff"s.

I did investigate on a couple of occasions to see if Zubei had any sort of "perma"-looking thing(s) going on (with more than just the Zubei character) and I didn't see a damn thing.

You can complain about several other things, ORB, but I don't think you can say Zubei was part of any perma. In fact, I don't think much of anyone liked him other than me (As Hanord. As Twist, I didn't care much either way - I watched him talk smack, watched people talk smack to him, and so on.)

As an aside, I interacted with Zubei as two other mortals, and neither of them had any real issues with him. One died to him and some conjie, and Zubei looted some stuff, but I didn't bitch, and he didn't talk smack, and I regeared. *shrug*

KnacFri 17-Sep-10 04:19 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#94856, "RE: From the vitriol I saw between these two players..."
In response to Reply #22

I thought he was an ass from what I heard from other people. And I know he looted the crap out of people alot.

At the same time, I didn't have any problems with him as Knac - we viewed each other with respect, for the most part, although after the Village/Empire pact ended he kinda pussied out (no pun intended) most of the time when we fought.

It's obvious the player doesn't give a rats ass about how other people perceive him, and his sense of RP is lacking.

That being said, it's a controversial character, and chances are, that's what the player wants. Everyone just let it go.

NnaeshukFri 17-Sep-10 04:32 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#94858, "Looting"
In response to Reply #29

I have absolutely no problem with looting. I remember the days when you pretty much got nothing back at all and it was never really a big deal. It really isn't that tough to regear. CF has gotten very wussified in the aspect of looting.

Nae-nae

KnacFri 17-Sep-10 04:51 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#94860, "RE: Looting"
In response to Reply #30

Well, back then, who were called douchebags?

I think the term 'douchebag' and related names are now connotated, given the size of the pbase and related issues, with, among others, people who loot alot without any personal gain from it.

It's less wussified, it's moreso that negative connotations are now placed with those people who plays in a way that the 'majority' perceives as unfun.

ProFri 17-Sep-10 09:52 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#94871, "Or.. We lost a lot of players because they got tired of..."
In response to Reply #30

Valg did a study of douchbagery done to a few characters a half-a-dozen years ago and they never came back.

He mentioned that again recently.

Drag0nSt0rmSat 18-Sep-10 12:04 PM
450 posts
#94880, "While I agree with this argument in some ways"
In response to Reply #30

I think it goes the other way to, that is to say.

Back in the day when get all corpse;put all endless;get all corpse was the norm. It was So easy regear, there were far far more unlimited basic regear items that you could count on to put you right back up to par with your competition.

Now if I lose the l33t amulet of X (Even if its actually not that elite). I know chances are, I'll never see it again on the char, it will disappear into some gearlocker hell and maybe turn up 5 months later.

Oh, and jeweled broadswords are limited. Wtf.

So, in short. I agree yes looting has become sissified and people complain about the most mundane crap.

I also think its much harder to get off your feet again, and don't say outfit solves that, cause that is a whoopie-te-do on a hero level except for specific classes (Classes that could potentially pk you naked anyway).

MRSKSat 18-Sep-10 06:12 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#94883, "Nah"
In response to Reply #42

I wasn't playing CF when fulloot was the norm. I played other mud though where if you DIDN'T FULLOOT YOUR ENEMY - you was ROTDed and asked why you didn't. And still regear nowadays is fargin easy in sence. If you know what you are doing - you'll be fine in regear armors and have decent armors in ntwo days. If you don't - no gear will save you. Ckath is good example

Vortex MagusMon 20-Sep-10 12:38 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#94892, "Also important to point out"
In response to Reply #30

Back when full looting was the norm, there were a lot more items cycling around, the MUD was much smaller, the preps were much less important and much easier to get, there weren't nearly as many godly items (and aforementioned godly items were easier to get, unicorn pendant excepted), and there were a lot more people who you could ask to help you regear.

Just to put it in perspective. Cause, ya know, if there was almost always a friendly healer or friendly invoker around and I could guarantee 40%+ damage redux every fight, regardless of my equipment, I wouldn't have worried so much about gear either. Nowadays, the only people with really guaranteed damage redux every fight are ragers and empowered characters - and its much rarer to hear any of them really bitch about equipment.

blackbirdMon 20-Sep-10 01:10 PM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#94893, "Good point."
In response to Reply #44

Yes, you can definitely kill (SOME) people with a regear suit.

However, the difference between regear and someone wearing a halfway decent set is HUGE. There's a lot of really nice stuff with a low, low limit.

Drag0nSt0rmMon 20-Sep-10 01:20 PM
450 posts
#94894, "^^^^^ This nt"
In response to Reply #45

d

Kanye (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 01:50 PM
Charter member
#94842, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm not sure where the idea Zubei is part of the Pittsburgh crew came from. Most of us have quit playing regularly.

I'm pretty sure Zubei was played by Magus.

And Isildur I was Kurzghar.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 09:26 AM
993 posts
#94825, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Wonder how many people you got to quit playing with your super assholeness, thanks we need less players. Also apparently the Pittsburg crew is allowed to have OOC permas as long as you are part of Twist's gank squad?

makes us stronger.

Imperial (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 11:30 AM
Charter member
#94826, "How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't see him doing too bad things. Yes, he was selfish and very egoisting person. But he was a) Emperor, b) Felar.

Look at the cats. They are independant, often selfish and very often tends to piss off people

So, what's your facts?

AN1 (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 11:39 AM
Charter member
#94829, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #2

Orb got his newb breadz lootzered and is butt hurt. Plus, he's an obvious ####in idiot by his post, insinuating that Zubie is from Pittsburg. Guess he's wrong again, which is par for the course when he opens his mouth.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 12:01 PM
993 posts
#94832, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #4

No I'm insinuating that he was part of one of the many ooc rings that play this game, affectionately known as the pittsburg crew and he's part of it. And yeah a few times him and his buddies ganged me down and I came back to nothing, then when I kill him solo and take a few things he cries about it. Just a poor sport all around, also love how you guys all stick together on all the forums, so cute.

makes us stronger.

laxmanFri 17-Sep-10 03:08 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#94848, "not that it matters but"
In response to Reply #7

"The Pittsburgh Crew" could only possibly refer to 4 people these days. Of the four of us Kanye is the only one who currently plays regularily. I log an hour every 2 weeks. TMNS actually moved 4 states away and is known for being a solo mid rank killer (not sure how you would imply he permas) and the last of our 4 I doubt you could even identify a char he has played, let alone considered it a perma.

Of course since all of us have been playing this game for 10+ years obviously we have all made contacts with a variety of players outside of the game. We do happen to talk about "how cool it would be" if we did form a perma but it would never happen because we all have full time jobs and not enough common time to pull off a perma even if we wanted to.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 11:50 AM
993 posts
#94830, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #2

Horrible interactions with 3 different characters, he always went out of his way to be a #### to people. Just look at his Imm comments for proof, had a history of full saccing peoples gear for no reason, talked endless ####, and multi-killed in gangs.

makes us stronger.

DaevrynFri 17-Sep-10 11:17 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#94872, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #5

I think that's all fair.

There was a time when a character like Zubei would have made me want to roll something specifically to run him out of con (or at least, give him a taste of what he did to others), but as-is my free time is worth too much to me to waste it on giving a giant douche attention, even that kind of attention.

YMMV. I don't mind a character that's a #### that's interesting, but a character/player who's a #### who's boring is about the worst thing possible for me.

IsildurMon 20-Sep-10 03:24 PM
5969 posts
#94896, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #41

>There was a time when a character like Zubei would have made
>me want to roll something specifically to run him out of con

Out of curiosity, what would you have rolled?

ReinalFri 17-Sep-10 11:56 AM
Member since 17th Sep 2010
3 posts
#94831, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #2

Seems people were pissed at him for the same reason he got ROTD'ed.
I mean it's in his PBF. A lot of people look to have had the same experience with this guy.

Doesn't seem like playing an Imperial is a very good reason to screw people over and over and over again. Seems like that's more of an ooc thing with the person playing than the role of the character. Even if that is the character's role that doesn't really seem like a good role for the game in general.

I can't say much as to the Pittsburgh thing. I don't really understand why that is even relevant.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 12:06 PM
Charter member
#94833, "He must play duergars than..."
In response to Reply #6

"Seems like that's more of an ooc thing with the person playing than the role of the character."

But if he will play duergars, thieves or APs, he will perfectly fit to the game!

Imo, he was a good badass-felar. Never seen him full looting anyone, but heard stories. Nor ever seen him full saccing anyone, too - and I've seen enough of his kilss.

I think you are being subjective here... because he is from Pittsburg crew

ReinalFri 17-Sep-10 01:20 PM
3 posts
#94837, "RE: He must play duergars than..."
In response to Reply #8

I get that there are character builds and/or roles that require a player to be an ass, but wouldn't you agree that there are certain actions that are less about the role and more about the player? Is there not a way to play an evil character without these actions that seem to reek more of selfish disreguard for the other players. i can think of at least three other characters that I have interacted with, that were evil, that didn't seem to find it nessecary to do these things every time they killed me.

I mean are you saying that multi-killing, full looting even when you don't need anything and/or saccing is something that the player did because it was just part of their role? And if so then are you saying that said player did it with any sort of reguard for the "fun" level of the people he was doing this to? As in shouldn't each player of the mud have some sort of responsibility for their actions in the context of not just having a good time themselves but also in trying to make the game a better place for everyone in the mud.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 01:47 PM
Charter member
#94840, "I agree :)"
In response to Reply #11

There are a lot of ways to play an evil character. He may be even honorable (remember anti-paladins from Dragon Lance?).

But other evils will be assholes. And that's ok. You know, much worse when goodies are being that way

I remember how I, couple of years ago, was full looted/full sacced by the maran captain (air shifter with some quest form). That sucked, yes, since I had no clue why he did that

I believe that multi-killing is viable only if player really did piss you off. For more than 10 years, there were only about 10-15 such players, whom I would multikill/multisac.

Perhaps Zubei had a reason?

Also, I do not understand word 'multi-killing'. There is a safe time, while you are ghost. Nobody can multikill you unless you are allowing that. If you did unghost, and still not ready for the combat - that's your fault. For example, when I was caught after unghosting and killed (that happened five or six times in my life), I've got a lesson: do not unghost unprepaired. Or if you are, quit (or find a SAFE place) and wait for the safe time to reequip.

I know that Zubei didn't check far places. Generally, he was just running by the roads, checking cities and most common places. If he caught unghosted prey - well, that wasn't his fault. Just think - he see an enemy... and he will not attack?

With 101% guarantee, ANY battle would attack ANY unghosted mage if chance were given. I've seen it, I've experienced it, so don't blame him.

By the way, I was mulitkilled by Istendill and Zorszaul. They did need phylacteries, and I was perfectly naked by the pit. So?

ReinalFri 17-Sep-10 02:05 PM
3 posts
#94844, "RE: I agree :)"
In response to Reply #14

I understand that he didn't do anything against the rules.

I just don't see that saying that because he can do something means that he is not at fault on any level for doing it.

I have the right as an american citizen to say that a gay soldier that was killed in action is going to hell and I have a right to picket the funeral and yell it at his whole family, but should I? Is it really good for the people around me to be like that? This is kind of an extreme example btw.

I just think that a person who does that kind of stuff is bad for the morale of the mud.

However...He was given a last name and made Emperor so he must not have been so bad so I guess my experiences with him are not enough to say he was a complete ass. I'm just talking more theory than Zubei at this point.

N b MFri 17-Sep-10 02:15 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#94845, "It's called "class", some people just lack it"
In response to Reply #17

That... and social skills

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 12:23 PM
993 posts
#94834, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #6

I brought that up because him and his ooc imperial friends ran around ganking and full looting a ton, and nothing really happens(though props to Thror for pulling him aside, though he still full looted a ton). A bunch of other people who never really pk together go on a ooc coordinated hell trip and half of them get denied. Just seems like really selective rule enforcement to me, especially considering who did the enforcement and who was part of Empire at the time.

makes us stronger.

Someone (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 12:48 PM
Charter member
#94835, "RE: How did he piss off people, actually?"
In response to Reply #2

He talked ####, he severely looted people, he did many douche deeds etc. Just read IMM comments in his PBF.

ordasenFri 17-Sep-10 11:34 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#94827, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #1

Eh, he was the final straw that made me delete but I really would not say it was him persay. Though getting killed 3 times in 45mins by him each time while trying to retrieve from orc village did suck

I didnt get much interaction from him to make a call if he was a good/bad player or a major ass.

IsildurFri 17-Sep-10 01:25 PM
5969 posts
#94838, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #1

So this was Kanye? Wow. Color me surprised.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 01:41 PM
993 posts
#94839, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zubei Longtail the Legend of the..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Fri 17-Sep-10 01:43 PM

Magus, Kayne was his buddy Kurzhghar.

Jun 24, 2010|Lv 51|The Imperial Lands|Rastlafik vs 4: Kurzghar (28%), Hanord (25%, KB), Zubei (0%), Venphoria (46%)
Jun 24, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Rastlafik vs 3: Kurzghar (38%), Zubei (44%, KB), Hanord (16%)
Jun 24, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Arlovskah vs 4: Kurzghar (0%), Vintus (31%), Zubei (12%, KB), Ckath (55%)
Jun 24, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Knacnar vs 5: Kurzghar (23%), Hanord (13%), Ckath (29%), Zubei (4%),
Jun 24, 2010|Lv 51|Balator|Rastlafik vs 4: Kurzghar (0%), Vintus (13%, KB), Zubei (28%), Ckath (58%)
Jun 25, 2010|Lv 51|The Eastern Road|Zasohebi vs 2: Kurzghar (23%), Zubei (76%, KB)
Jun 25, 2010|Lv 51|Lower Cragstone|Zasohebi vs 2: Kurzghar (21%,KB), Zubei (78%)
Jun 25, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Blarg vs 2: Kurzghar (50%), Zubei (49%, KB)
Jun 25, 2010|Lv 51|Outside Hamsah Mu'tazz|Ghrajjek vs 2: Kurzghar (80%), Zubei (19%, KB
Jun 27, 2010|Lv 51|The Eastern Road|Jruklar vs 2: Kurzghar (78%), Zubei (21%, KB)
Jun 27, 2010|Lv 51|The Eastern Road|Erothaylius vs 3: Zubei (40%,KB), Gvantulak (0%), Kurzghar (59%)
Jul 7, 2010 |Lv 51|Balator|Illian vs 2: Kurzghar (82%,KB), Zubei (17%)
Jul 7, 2010 |Lv 51|The Imperial Lands|Ghrajjek vs 3: Gvantulak (9%), Zubei (28%, KB), Kurzghar (62%)
Jul 8, 2010 |Lv 51|The Eastern Road|Erothaylius vs 2: Zubei (11%), Kurzghar (88%, KB)
Jul 8, 2010 |Lv 51|The Shadow Grove|Anashi vs 3: Zubei (25%,KB), Kurzghar (0%), Paraloiut (74%)
Jul 12, 2010|Lv 51|Balator|Ghrajjek vs 3: Kfozgen (10%), Zubei (38%), Kurzghar (51%, KB)
Jul 13, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Knacnar vs 4: Zubei (7%), Kurzghar (71%, KB), Anashi (2%), Gvantulak (17%)
Jul 13, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Toth vs 4: Anashi (13%), Kurzghar (44%, KB), Zubei (20%), Gvantulak (22%)
Jul 13, 2010|Lv 51|The Imperial Lands|Toth vs 2: Zubei (54%,KB), Kurzghar (45%)
Jul 14, 2010|Lv 51|The Ruins of Ostalagiah|Homard vs 3: Zubei (19%,KB), Gvantulak (47%), Kurzghar (33%)
Jul 14, 2010|Lv 51|BattleRager Village|Zasohebi vs 4: Arkellin (0%), Gvantulak (23%), Kurzghar (49%, KB), Zubei (27%)
Jul 14, 2010|Lv 51|Balator|Homard vs 3: Arkellin (0%), Zubei (32%), Kurzghar (67%, KB)
Jul 14, 2010|Lv 51|The Eastern Road|Zasohebi vs 3: Kurzghar (42%,KB), Arkellin (32%), Zubei (25%)
Jul 14, 2010|Lv 51|The Imperial Lands|Ghrajjek vs 3: Zubei (3%), Kurzghar (27%, KB), Charine (69%)

Just a few I grabbed quick.

Sun Jul 18 18:07:28 2010 by 'Thror' at level 51 (189 hrs):
Killed Zhiv, looted a bunch of felar only gear. No felar in the Empire to give it to. I fail to see the justification here.

HMMM!

makes us stronger.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 02:01 PM
Charter member
#94843, "I'm not defending him, but..."
In response to Reply #13

It's not a secret that it's A LOT more funny to play with the FRIENDS.
It is called 'social gameplay', and that is why clans/teams are existing.

But in CF, you are tossing from clan to clan, from side to side - and you cannot make the friends. And this is a problem. Actually, I think it is one of the many reasons why people are not staying for long in CF...

We are social creatures. We like to have friends. In CF, playing with friends = cheating (perma), and this sucks.

I don't have OOC friends in CF, and sometimes this sucks. That is the reason for visiting qhcf, which is most poisoned info-resource I ever seen in internet (no kidding), but there isn't other options.

For example, I'd like to play with Targrala not only with this character that I had. Not because I really need someone to run around and gank anyone, no. I don't need OOC connections for that. But because I'm skilled player and I like to play with the same skilled players, who know what they are doing and what they must not to do.

Also, I'm grabbing rare/valuable things for other cabalmates or allies. And taking felar only things... I'd grab armageddon, flaming crown of giants and hide of yeti for Targrala. I'm pretty sure you would do the same, if you have a strong cabalmate and know what things he would be glad to have.

TwistFri 17-Sep-10 03:17 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#94850, "FWIW..."
In response to Reply #13

A lot of the stuff Zubei looted (such as felar only gear that he didn't need) went to Blades. Anashi (who Zubei was RPing a romantic interest in) received quite a few things from the Zubester. I got quite a few items as Hanord - more after getting WM (and of course Emperor) than before, but yeah, a lot.

And If you're grepping his pkwins, you might want to check out how many times he ganked down Arkal, who was played by Kurzghar's player after he deleted Kurzghar. Again, not the sort of OOC buddy-buddy thing that you seem to be thinking it was.

ORBFri 17-Sep-10 03:28 PM
993 posts
#94851, "RE: FWIW..."
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Fri 17-Sep-10 04:02 PM

That comment wasn't from Zubei, it was Thror wondering why Khurzgar was looting so much felar gear with no imperial felars logged in. The reason I pointed this out was because someone pointed it out to me early on who all the different imperials were playing, and sure enough their forum handles all immediately defended each other whenever a log of them being a giant douche was presented. Of course all you can prove with that is Imperials stuck together, however if people who aren't even friends with these guys knew who all these guys were playing doesn't take a stretch to think they all knew each other ooc. To be honest I'm probably overracting because I got douched by these guys a few times, but mostly my eyes have only recently been opened to just how much ooc communication is actually going on between a majority of the people still playing. Also I would love to see what he looted from Arkal compared to his usual loot as much as I possible can with most other people.

P.S. Also just went through all the kills on his PBF and couldn't find Arkal. Maybe stuff is missing?

makes us stronger.

AN1 (Anonymous)Fri 17-Sep-10 05:02 PM
Charter member
#94862, "RE: FWIW..."
In response to Reply #24

I think a lot is missing from his pbf kill list. It stops at July 17 or something like that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94821 Previous topic | Next topic