Subject: "Arodagh gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94665
Show all folders

flatlineWed 08-Sep-10 05:33 PM
Member since 10th Jul 2008
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94665, "Arodagh gone."

Thanks to all who I had fun with.
Cheers for the shot at nightreaver, but I just cant seem to cut it, I suck I guess.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Arodagh gone., Femren (Anonymous), 09-Sep-10 12:09 AM, #8
Reply Well, that's too bad., Abert (Anonymous), 08-Sep-10 08:59 PM, #7
Reply Sad to see this..., Lylesse (NOT Balta), 08-Sep-10 08:26 PM, #6
Reply RE: Arodagh gone., Isildur, 08-Sep-10 05:40 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Arodagh gone., flatline, 08-Sep-10 05:44 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Arodagh gone., Isildur, 08-Sep-10 05:51 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Arodagh gone., flatline, 08-Sep-10 06:00 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Arodagh gone., Isildur, 08-Sep-10 06:46 PM, #5

Femren (Anonymous)Thu 09-Sep-10 12:09 AM
Charter member
#94681, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Arodagh. Regardless of your pk count, I felt like you were living up to what was expected. You certainly work well with a kind of controlled recklessness that I enjoy.

Abert (Anonymous)Wed 08-Sep-10 08:59 PM
Charter member
#94676, "Well, that's too bad."
In response to Reply #0

I kind of liked Arodagh even though he was the dark side of the force. You gotta love the chaos that ensues in some of those fights at the Tree where no one ever seems to work together.

Having played a ranger here and there I can confess to never racking up a lot of pk's as one. You've got to have tremendous patience, preps and it helps if you've got RC/cabal bonuses that play to your strengths (which Outlander doesn't have a lot of for a ranger).

Anyway, best of luck on the next one.

Lylesse (NOT Balta)Wed 08-Sep-10 08:26 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Balta considered you a good friend... I thought once I hit the hero ranges we could hunt a bit... Regardless of pk ability with this char, I enjoyed the rp... oh yeah... you ruined it that night trying to lure that person.... I almost had it when you rushed in.

anyway GLWYN

Balta

IsildurWed 08-Sep-10 05:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94666, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #0

I hope this isn't because of that paladin log posted on Dio's.

If it makes you feel any better, Dupmasione killed me (Sulye) in a very similar fight (in the same area). I knew he'd attack, but I thought I'd at least be able to flee/tele before dying. I was wrong.

flatlineWed 08-Sep-10 05:44 PM
60 posts
#94668, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #1

Nah, not really. That was a surprise and a half. Serves me right for not prepping, and I think thats probably half my trouble, if not more. Still not savvy at all in the hero ranks, and at least with Matedzuta I knew that for most fights I'd have up shield and aura, and for the ones I knew to be rough barrier.
The clincher was a bit later, thought I'd gotten over it but I had'nt. I'd not landed a kill since getting made nightreaver and when I possibly finally did, it was after I died. My perception of the nightreaver is a badass, I most certainly don't fit that bill, so it was time to step away.

IsildurWed 08-Sep-10 05:51 PM
5969 posts
#94669, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #2

> Serves me right for not prepping, and I think thats probably half my trouble, if not more.

Outlander powers should help in this regard, I'd think. There are a fair number of aura or shield (I forget which) talismans that are pretty easy to get and often under limit. Most of the time I went without. That is to say, it seemed like many/most of my kills came in situations where more damage reduction wouldn't have helped me very much.

> My perception of the nightreaver is a badass, I most certainly don't fit that bill

One way to at least appear to be a badass is to only pick fights you're highly likely to win. That's a reasonable approach for a ranger to take.

flatlineWed 08-Sep-10 06:00 PM
60 posts
#94670, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #3

>Outlander powers should help in this regard, I'd think. There
>are a fair number of aura or shield (I forget which) talismans
>that are pretty easy to get and often under limit. Most of
>the time I went without. That is to say, it seemed like
>many/most of my kills came in situations where more damage
>reduction wouldn't have helped me very much.

I never seemed to stay alive long enough to gather a decent batch of *stuff* and of the three aura talismans I know of I got my hands on one of them once.

>One way to at least appear to be a badass is to only
>pick fights you're highly likely to win. That's a reasonable
>approach for a ranger to take.

Here I am certainly guilty of being having too little patience in some situations (hence loosing some of my handy preps).

If nothing else I have tried the build (caverndweller/beastmaster) and am not convinced its for me. Of course I'll forget any negative aspects I have in my head and probably try it again at some point.

Cheers for the constructive advice. Appreciated.

IsildurWed 08-Sep-10 06:46 PM
5969 posts
#94671, "RE: Arodagh gone."
In response to Reply #4

I was a forester/survivalist, and overall the build was fairly gimmicky. I could engineer situations where I had a really good shot at killing certain people, but outside those situations I was not that likely to kill anyone. Even in these situations, both sides had a pretty straightforward "best" tactic, so it really came down to what the RNG decided to do.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94665 Previous topic | Next topic