Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Master ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94428
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 07-Sep-10 05:23 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94428, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Master of Artistry, Emperor of Thera"

Tue Aug 31 22:43:35 2010

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Hanord perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:412

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ghar is sad, boss is deads., Kurzghar (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 08:18 PM, #48
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., Aaxiae (Anonymous), 07-Sep-10 03:37 PM, #47
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., Charine (Anonymous), 02-Sep-10 08:37 AM, #38
Reply Bummer, Braell, 02-Sep-10 12:18 AM, #34
Reply It was fun, Sylos (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 04:26 PM, #23
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., Welverin, 01-Sep-10 04:36 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 03:02 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., DwarfGhrajjek (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 12:35 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..., DurNominator, 31-Aug-10 11:38 PM, #3
Reply Name fail., Twist, 31-Aug-10 11:52 PM, #5
Reply Just kinda got tired..., Twist, 31-Aug-10 11:36 PM, #2
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Borkahd, 31-Aug-10 11:50 PM, #4
Reply Nicely played., Kalageadon, 01-Sep-10 06:24 AM, #10
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Isildur, 01-Sep-10 07:13 AM, #11
Reply Took me a long time to get used to bard..., Twist, 01-Sep-10 07:58 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Took me a long time to get used to bard..., Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 02-Sep-10 02:40 AM, #35
          Reply Better for Tragic repertoire., Twist, 02-Sep-10 07:44 AM, #36
               Reply RE: Better for Tragic repertoire., Kornithogoth (Anonymous), 02-Sep-10 12:12 PM, #40
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Ohbehb, 01-Sep-10 07:45 AM, #12
Reply I've been frustrated like that myself..., Twist, 01-Sep-10 08:25 AM, #14
Reply Man you were a pain with those shawtabbies, Abert (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 09:32 AM, #16
Reply There was NO way this wasn't you in my eyes haha., Kjarkanoth (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 01:33 PM, #18
Reply Glad I helped you out when I could., TMNS, 01-Sep-10 03:43 PM, #20
Reply braggadocio, I believe. ;)~, blackbird, 01-Sep-10 03:49 PM, #21
     Reply Never forget I'm an idiot ;) NT, Jindicho (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 10:47 PM, #33
Reply That day we were defending.., Balthar (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 04:22 PM, #22
Reply Huh., Twist, 01-Sep-10 04:52 PM, #24
     Reply Actually, vargal, 01-Sep-10 06:49 PM, #28
          Reply Oh. Good. :), Twist, 01-Sep-10 07:01 PM, #29
               Reply For the record..., vargal, 01-Sep-10 07:12 PM, #30
Reply phew , Herethon (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 04:55 PM, #25
Reply I remember that fight..., Twist, 01-Sep-10 06:10 PM, #26
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., korewen (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 06:44 PM, #27
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Vintus (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 07:50 PM, #31
Reply Cant say I am surprised its you, Niglecher (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 09:45 PM, #32
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Enlilth, 02-Sep-10 08:30 AM, #37
Reply So it was you! I would NEVER have guessed!, Ckath (Anonymous), 01-Sep-10 12:04 AM, #39
Reply Har., Twist, 01-Sep-10 12:09 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Har., MRSK, 01-Sep-10 09:16 AM, #15
          Reply Flee in a noexit room?, Twist, 01-Sep-10 11:02 AM, #17
               Reply This nt, MRSK, 01-Sep-10 02:08 PM, #19
Reply Wait... bards get bash and flurry? n/t, Stunna, 02-Sep-10 03:57 PM, #41
Reply Looking at Hanord's logs(at least those posted) they su..., MRSK, 02-Sep-10 05:36 PM, #42
Reply Great Job..txt, Bad Ivan, 03-Sep-10 12:01 AM, #43
Reply Thanks man., Twist, 03-Sep-10 08:13 AM, #44
     Reply If you must know..., Jindicho (Anonymous), 03-Sep-10 04:46 PM, #45
Reply Bleh, Lokain (NOT Jremulek), 04-Sep-10 04:11 AM, #46
Reply RE: Just kinda got tired..., Aarn, 10-Sep-10 02:23 PM, #49
Reply WTF????, A young blade (Anonymous), 31-Aug-10 11:05 PM, #1

Kurzghar (Anonymous)Tue 07-Sep-10 05:23 PM
Charter member
#94481, "Ghar is sad, boss is deads."
In response to Reply #0

No love for the good ole Kurzghar? Hehe, after I realized the english was too good to be any of the russians I had a feeling this was you. Man we had a blast together for awhile when the Empire was weak. I wish I could've stuck it alot a little bit longer but I got bored of not having any enemies really during that 3 week period when everyone decided to make alts instead of face imperial horde.

I'm glad I was finnaly on the same side as you, historically we have always been on opposites and for whatever reasons we always beat on each a ton.

It's really sad to say, but I have a feeling the empire is going to take a turn for the worse. Outside of Venphoria(because i havent interacted wit the new shadow lord too much.) the rest of the council is a bunch of huge douchers.

Can't wait to see you next!

Much Love,

Kurz

Aaxiae (Anonymous)Tue 07-Sep-10 03:37 PM
Charter member
#94639, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed being around you as aaxiae you taught me quite a
bit. I presume it would have been better if I had just went
for the empire. What is funny is aaxiae was sphere honesty and
was waiting for the day I would meet twist. Funny thing is you
WERE twist. Job well done.
BY the way I was so active with you and the empire because I
had just finished granqkruje and holandeth and was still
swayed towards the empire. GLWYN!

Charine (Anonymous)Thu 02-Sep-10 08:37 AM
Charter member
#94506, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

I always did have a soft spot for old Hanord Mendelebrot. Loved the depression and alcoholism. We didn't really get to fight so much later on, except that last skirmish on Eastern. I didn't even use resist mental preps after a while, because the devil would use purity of mind on me when fiended.

And yes, you probably would have gotten the induct after some time. Mainly because you seemed competent and had interesting RP, and I loved to hate you and probably would have loved making Hanord jump through hoops

BraellThu 02-Sep-10 12:18 AM
Member since 12th Mar 2010
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94490, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you, I made you a toy, shame I never got to give it to you! Wish I got to run around with you more! People never give the Empire the respect it deserves!

Great Job again,

Braell Tinkerton

Sylos (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 04:26 PM
Charter member
#94459, "It was fun"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 01-Sep-10 04:26 PM

Thanks for making me rich! Im waiting for my deletion to go through, ill out mtself then. Last time we talked I listened to you and rolled sylos for me. Was a blast too. Dont think really anyone knows I played him cept for the obvious guesses. Really helped me get into the next. See you in the fields!

WelverinWed 01-Sep-10 04:36 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#94440, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

From your RP, I was thinking you were someone else, but now it clicks. We had at least some interesting interractions I think. You had my number just about every time we met. But then again so did a lot of other people. That one fiend you got me with was unreal. It took me a while to get into having you as an enemy, but once I did, I started to enjoy it. Having interacted with Hanord and Dupmasione, I must say I like what I see when you're around. Well done.

I'll post a question on Gameplay about our conversations so as to not sidetrack your thread.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 03:02 AM
Charter member
#94439, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah... bah bah bah bah.

Well damn. I've enjoyed our few adventures, but expected a lot more.
Didn't see you for the las weeks and expected something like that...
Hope you had fun with all those notes (you know what I am talking about). I'll tell more about it when I will delete.

Enjoyed your funny notes, they are not tonns of notes that others bards are usually sending and which I am usually skipping.

Good luck with your next, come back to the fields someday

DwarfGhrajjek (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 12:35 AM
Charter member
#94438, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

Loved you and Kurzghar. You two were very classy even when I was getting beaten black and blue.

DurNominatorTue 31-Aug-10 11:38 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94432, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Hanord Mendelebrot the Grand Mas..."
In response to Reply #0

That last name felt like a cross between last names of Benoit Mandelbrot and Josef Mengele.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benoît_Mandelbrot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mengele

TwistTue 31-Aug-10 11:52 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#94435, "Name fail."
In response to Reply #3

First off, until level 20, this char was named Handorge. In my head, I pronounced it Hahn DOOR jh.

Then on day two I logged in and watched as I typed Hand orgy.

But I had good eq!

Thankfully not long after taking the Oath, An Immortal told me "Hi! You'll need to change your name." While I was running to try to help Jiomar retrieve from Outlander.

So Jiomar gives me #### for taking so long, while I'm coming up with Hanord.

As for the lastname, it was supposed to evoke the feeling of Mandelbrot, which I only knew as something that the Blue Man Group named one of its songs. I wanted the char to sound french-germanic, and vaguely musical, which he did to me.

It was too close to Mandelbrot, upon hindsight. But I don't think it hurt anyone for me to have it, so meh.

TwistTue 31-Aug-10 11:36 PM
3431 posts
#94431, "Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #0

400+ hours just got to be long. Had very nice gear and all that, was still successful in pk and rp and all, but it had become a chore. I no longer looked forward to playing him. I thought maybe I'd try to stick it out (which is what I did with Woldrun and Dupmasione) but I had like 17 deaths left, hadn't died in 2 weeks, and like a bajillion hours before age death.

So yeah, bahleted. Oh well. Time to move over for some of the up-and-comers to take some higher spots. I figured last night when we were running around 4 and 5 Imperials deep, this might be a good time to bow out.

As for goodbyes, there are so damn many. Too damn many.

Enlilth - thanks for the tat and the interactions. You don't give out xp for every time you talk to a follower, and I think that's just fine. If you did, I'd have had an overabundance of immxp. Oh and thanks for Binky.

Other Immortals - thanks for taking the time to read the role and reward it, and thanks for the little xpboosts here and there (especially after dying to 5 ragers, that was nice).

Empire - I really think there's a good crop of talented players in there. I enjoyed traveling with most all of you. Jiomar, though, I really, REALLY wanted you to show up after I got Emperor.

Battle - some great, great fights. I talked trash to some of you, I know, but most often it was IC. I hated getting ganked by 3, 4, or even 5 of you at times - especially since when I was Woldrun I stomped on that #### hard (raid or not, you just don't need 5 ragers to pound on one guy, IMO - but then I turned around and ganked you guys 3, 4, 5...more maybe? So yeah I was hypocritical. But in the end, most all of you guys fought me with a lot of courage - empire bard is just sucktastic for most any rager to fight.

Other enemies - I'm sorry, I'm going to lump Fortress, Outlander, and most Scion in here, just because there's way WAY too many of you. To a man, I think every single one of you had a lot of class. Yeah there's some instances where someone did something that at the time was bleh, but I'm sure the same could (will?) be said about Hanord, so meh.

Paraloiut - scared. the. everloving. ####. out. of. me. To the point that I wouldn't leave Hamsah via the river if I even thought you might be on. A pox upon your houses, Vermin Queen.

Charine - curious if you really would've inducted me - both if I'd ended up as anathema during the reign of Ckath, and later when you hinted at the chance. Also scary, but less so when I was Emperor and had more experience with playing a bard.

Ckath - I know it was all your role, but Hanord quickly came to despise you. Even before you made him War Master. Each time I died because you wanted a piece of gear, hatred seethed. Each time I got destroyed by 4 or more ragers during the war you started while you were nowhere to be found, hatred boiled. Then you sent the note about the duel. I knew what was going down (the other guy actually even told me), so I decided you needed to go down, or I needed to be anathema. I really fully expected the latter. Enlilth (who had no idea at that time that I was Hanord) kept asking my opinion on stuff and I'm like "Um, well, what do you think?" or "Let's see what Zulg thinks."

Charlee - thanks for all the gold.

Others - thanks for showing me talisman locations that I had no idea about.

This is getting kinda long and I keep getting interrupted. Sorry to those I left out. Thanks everyone!

BorkahdTue 31-Aug-10 11:50 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#94434, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

I always seem to enjoy playing with your characters. Once again, well done.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

KalageadonWed 01-Sep-10 06:24 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#94441, "Nicely played."
In response to Reply #2

My only couple interactions with you reminded me of fighting Eloria or whatever her name was a while back also imperial emperor. Just for the record... I really didn't ask for help but you can see and know that even with it, there was no way I could have come close to beating you.

I was lookin forward to fighting you a few times, as I had some tact I learned from facing her to fight you once I got hero. Either way, roll another soon.

IsildurWed 01-Sep-10 07:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#94443, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

Wow. I wouldn't have called this one.

How'd you like bard? I tried playing one (again) and it frustrated the hell out of me.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 07:58 AM
3431 posts
#94445, "Took me a long time to get used to bard..."
In response to Reply #11

The 2 round lag on almost every single song definitely took some getting used to. Bard will definitely teach you not to spam commands.

Once I got the knack of how long getting stuff done would take, it got easier.

Having imperial defense made things a lot easier - more time to get songs off.

Getting the swashbuckler edge made me better at defense too, so things got even easier.

Perfecting various songs helped - it's a lot easier as, say, a warrior, to retry that eyejab or entwine or whatever than a bard to have his dirge come out all wrong, then finally get sung right but have your foe resist it.

Once I understood that against anyone with higher than 20 int, most songs other than direct damage were pointless, things got easier.

And so on.

Obviously Emperor powers helped a lot.

As for not guessing it was me, I figured I probably "outted" myself with the "Village People" note to all. At least to some folks.

Enlilth was guessing who I was playing up until about a week ago (wrongly). Actually he guessed at someone on Monday, but I think he was just playing along at that point. A fun (short) list of people he thought I was:

Ghrajjek
Paraloiut
Ohbehb
Zubei
Cala
Abert

There were others too but I don't remember them all.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Thu 02-Sep-10 02:40 AM
Charter member
#94495, "RE: Took me a long time to get used to bard..."
In response to Reply #13

Btw, all that time I was carrying two harps from the ancient gragons when I wass told that death reed one is better.

It was something like "wtf?? those are from the toughest mobs in the game, how that is possible that this popular death reed harp is better??"

But from other side I've no idea where you took it and maybe it's from even worse place!

I miss Skiltore with his dragonbone flute, THAT instrument really did rock! For some reason, really cool, interesting and successful imperial bards are deleting too fast

TwistThu 02-Sep-10 07:44 AM
3431 posts
#94503, "Better for Tragic repertoire."
In response to Reply #35

The harps you had were likely way better in terms of stats (and maybe progs) but the harp I had was the best available to me (as far as I know) for the tragic repertoire. And it was +chr, which helped for the swashbuckler edge esp. when I was in possession of a certain ring that is very very useful but -6 CHR.

Kornithogoth (Anonymous)Thu 02-Sep-10 12:12 PM
Charter member
#94510, "RE: Better for Tragic repertoire."
In response to Reply #36

No idea if those harps do anything special, they just looks cool and hard to get! But anyways, perhaps you will look into it - harps that are so hard to get should be better than that you had

OhbehbWed 01-Sep-10 07:45 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2010
15 posts
#94444, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

Once again
Another great enemy
I know I rubbed you the wrong way at least once and I hope you picked up on my ic explination
great interactions and fights

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 08:24 AM
3431 posts
#94446, "I've been frustrated like that myself..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Wed 01-Sep-10 08:25 AM

...but just to be clear, there's nothing in Imperial Law about looting corpses in town, whether you made them or not.

But yeah, been there, done that (with this character, even), so no worries.

Abert (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 09:32 AM
Charter member
#94448, "Man you were a pain with those shawtabbies"
In response to Reply #2

For a time there it seemed every time I logged on there were 3 or 4 Imperials in range AND Paralouit which was not a fun combination to have to deal with.

I enjoyed trying running up against the Imperial horde at times but those damned shawtabbies started to get in the way the last few times and made it nearly impossible to do anything but just try to survive.

Nice job on having a really Emperor kind of feel to the character.

Kjarkanoth (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 01:33 PM
Charter member
#94455, "There was NO way this wasn't you in my eyes haha."
In response to Reply #2

It never fails... we have a special CF bond lol.

After a few talks back and forth.. I was like well there's Twist again. I don't know if you get the same vibe on your end, but no matter what we find each other and get our RP on weather we're enemies or friends, which I find pretty cool. We had some good fun #### talking back and forth, really digged it man.. another solid one.

TMNSWed 01-Sep-10 03:43 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#94461, "Glad I helped you out when I could."
In response to Reply #2

All it takes to be close to the Emperor is a chest of inebriation and some slight braggadio and confidence

You the man Twist.

blackbirdWed 01-Sep-10 03:49 PM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#94462, "braggadocio, I believe. ;)~"
In response to Reply #20

Jindicho (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 10:47 PM
Charter member
#94486, "Never forget I'm an idiot ;) NT"
In response to Reply #21

NT

Balthar (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 04:22 PM
Charter member
#94465, "That day we were defending.."
In response to Reply #2

I knew you'd get War Master and then Emperor, and I also guessed that you were Twist. Lo and behold, I was right. I'm really glad I deleted when I did now.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 04:52 PM
3431 posts
#94468, "Huh."
In response to Reply #22

Guess you don't like me, then. Not sure why? Ah well.

vargalWed 01-Sep-10 06:49 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94475, "Actually"
In response to Reply #24

I do like you.

There were just too many shiny characters in Empire and I didn't feel like playing foil while everyone else had fun.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 07:01 PM
3431 posts
#94476, "Oh. Good. :)"
In response to Reply #28

"Shiny."

Like Firefly shiny?

vargalWed 01-Sep-10 07:12 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94477, "For the record..."
In response to Reply #29

I slice my apples because of that show.

Herethon (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 04:55 PM
Charter member
#94470, "phew "
In response to Reply #2

Hated hated hated going after you. I took a couple edges just to deal with you *sigh*. I knew there was always going to be a combo of flee/sleep or flee fiend either way i was probably going to die. I figured out who you were after you got me in Thar-Acacia and the path the conversation followed. You were always a pain with your damn feign weakness edge. For some reason I always end up on the opposite ends of the characters you are playing always fun though.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 06:10 PM
3431 posts
#94473, "I remember that fight..."
In response to Reply #25

I was spamming fantasia of illusions while waiting for a mob to repop, looking at my other computer browsing the web and such, without a care in the world, when suddenly I look back and I'm in combat and I'm like "Ah crap!"

Thankfully I was practicing fantasia (can't be sung in combat) and not something like dirge or laborious or languid and such, or I'd probably have spammed myself to death.

korewen (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 06:44 PM
Charter member
#94474, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

well man this atleast it was you who beat me with my own bag of potions, I relaly felt bad for you because you just kept dieing over and over again...and I had just played a imperial bard so I decded to be cool and give you my prep bag, then all of the sudden we had the fight for warmaster and how do I loose....to a stupid invis potion that was in my prep bag becuase i felt sorry for you ahahahhaa, would not have been so bad if the time before and earlier in the fight if I had not just been beating your face in until you got the sleep off (on like the 4th try hahahah)...AND CKATH HAD TOLD ME AND THE VILLAGE LEADERS THAT i WAS GETTING WARMASTER....oh well enough of the pity party for me but would have been my first leader char ever...oh well guess it was not in the cards

and not to be to much of a drama queen( i am sure daeveryvn will have posted in my pbf, that i bitched and whined allot about losing warmaster or whatever) but that really killed cf for me for awhile, I had to send my computer in to get fixed and just did not make any efforts to play from other sources, but oh well you always seemed like a good dude, and you did re-oath me after i got auto-booted while my computer was away but just could not take it with the current warmaster, oh well good job and have fun taking leader chars away from us noob's ahahhahahahhahahahahah

korewen

Vintus (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 07:50 PM
Charter member
#94480, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

I am pretty pleased to know that this was you. After all these years, I finally got to play a character that had fairly decent and substantial interaction with you.

I generally do not like playing evil chars that much but you and Enlilth made this one stomachable and a lot of fun. :p

I was hoping to make Emperor with the character but like you I got a little tired towards the end.

Lance.

Niglecher (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 09:45 PM
Charter member
#94485, "Cant say I am surprised its you"
In response to Reply #2

This is about the bajillionth character of yours I have interacted with. Have like pretty much all of them really. I kinda got the hint it was you by your actions more so than your words, but well played none the less. The one thing that kinda threw me off and made me think "Nah this cant be him again can it?" was that you kept asking me questions about stuff. Stuff I knew you had to know cause for ####s sake your Twist ROFL Anyway good work man and I thought you did good with runnin the pire. I will admit the other day when you said you wanted to talk to me about something, I was thinking ####er here come a smack on the head for me pushing my weight around. Anyway, I will go into more details when I finally die. Later bro and see ya around the fields

EnlilthThu 02-Sep-10 08:30 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#94505, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

So in the end I started suspecting this was you. It was probably around the painting of the village love fest scene that made me think... That's probably Twist. Not that that changed how I interacted with Hanord much. Usually if I start thinking it's another imm I start treating the character unfairly by backing off considerably where I wouldn't with a normal follower.

So about Hanord specifically. Fun character. I really did enjoy the notes. I did not enjoy fighting you with assorted squishies, but I'll save those specifics for another day. It was such a contrast to your normal Empire rp I think. You were a kinder gentler Emperor than we've seen in the past. Either way, you seemed to be enjoying yourself quite well, and that's really what the game's about.

I'd tell you good luck with your next, but you'll prolly end up winning RC, and wielding the death stick of supreme ass beating and rape my squishies repeatedly (yet again). Either way, your morts make the mud a fun place.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

Ckath (Anonymous)Thu 02-Sep-10 10:13 AM
Charter member
#94436, "So it was you! I would NEVER have guessed!"
In response to Reply #2

It seemed to take you a while to get into the bard PKing. Your hatred really came off as IC and I really laughed out loud when you won the duel against Korowen. But I thought you'd screw it up soon enough and get booted, but you never did. Our playing times didn't mesh very well, and I did start the village war a bit prematurly because of all the ooc preasure and a few hints from imms ingame. (I really wanted to wait since there were basically only 1-3 villagers online during my playtimes and neither of them was a threat...)

Anyways, awesome char, awesome notes and awesome RP. You seem to need to work a bit on the bard PKing though.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 12:09 AM
3431 posts
#94437, "Har."
In response to Reply #39

This was my first bard ever. Well, that's not true, I did have Jowrgomo, a level 32 bard from roughly 1998 that joined Troupe (or was it Herald at that point?) and write gossip columns in notes to all.

So yeah, total learning experience.

I think I ended up doing pretty well, though.

MRSKWed 01-Sep-10 09:16 AM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#94447, "RE: Har."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah with Emperor's powers you ended up not bad But hey dying as hero bard war master to 43lvl rager or trying to flee in noexit room did surprise me. Anyway from enemy and ally point of view you seemed cool as always.

TwistWed 01-Sep-10 11:02 AM
3431 posts
#94450, "Flee in a noexit room?"
In response to Reply #15

I think you're referring to the fight with Kirsly. That was wimpy going off. I'd actually tried to "hold 'staff return';brandish" but hadn't noticed in all the chaos earlier that the one I had out of my container got used up, so I didn't have one out.

MRSKWed 01-Sep-10 02:08 PM
204 posts
#94457, "This nt"
In response to Reply #17

nt

StunnaThu 02-Sep-10 03:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#94519, "Wait... bards get bash and flurry? n/t"
In response to Reply #2

asdf

MRSKThu 02-Sep-10 05:36 PM
204 posts
#94521, "Looking at Hanord's logs(at least those posted) they su..."
In response to Reply #41

At least in Twists hands

Bad IvanFri 03-Sep-10 12:01 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2005
39 posts
#94527, "Great Job..txt"
In response to Reply #2

Really great job. You were one of the players that made me wish I had more time to play. I thought you played a style that was a refreshing change of pace from the uber-evil/controlling emperor. It seemed that as long as you were allowed to entertain your vices and "enjoy" your position all was well to Hanord. Fun running with you when it was called for, and I thought we had a few good conversations when the time allowed. As always the playerbase is better off having some Twist characters running around amongst us.

TwistFri 03-Sep-10 08:13 AM
3431 posts
#94532, "Thanks man."
In response to Reply #43

Not sure who you were that was running with me, but thanks for the kind words.

Your firstname seems undeserved.

Jindicho (Anonymous)Fri 03-Sep-10 04:46 PM
Charter member
#94548, "If you must know..."
In response to Reply #44

...I told you to get rid of him (hint hint).

Don't want to out him, but yeah. Bad Ivan is a BAMF.

Lokain (NOT Jremulek)Sat 04-Sep-10 04:11 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sat 04-Sep-10 04:11 AM

I still cant believe how much you completely owned me at times. That last death I took from you I think was kind of lucky if I'm not mistaken. You saw the dwarf paladin south of you while you were in Aldevari and I walked in right when you tried to sleep him and got us both.

You were a pretty classy enemy, better than a lot I'd fought in the empire who threw random insults at me. Good char.

AarnFri 10-Sep-10 02:23 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#94693, "RE: Just kinda got tired..."
In response to Reply #2

First time I've ever interacted with one of your mortals (that I'm aware of), and I wasn't disappointed. I even mentioned you in my role briefly; loved our few chats. That time we killed you in the Ashes was some bad luck on your part, I had already worded from the fight, healed up, and was heading back in when I ran into you heading out. Just in time for the rest of the group to catch up. Sorry it ended up being so... looty. I always dreaded your fiends, I think you got me twice with them plus a few fireballs. Anyway, good luck with your next!

Dalritz

A young blade (Anonymous)Tue 31-Aug-10 11:05 PM
Charter member
#94429, "WTF????"
In response to Reply #0

I roll an Imperial just to see how cool you are and you delete? That's is a VERY sad day for Empire.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94428 Previous topic | Next topic