Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Mayael the Grand Mistress of Artistr..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94319
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 19-Aug-10 08:56 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2024
17205 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94319, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Mayael the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Thu Aug 19 20:55:55 2010

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Mayael perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:167

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

yr_bluesFri 20-Aug-10 09:47 AM
Member since 12th Jul 2010
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94322, "A Goodbye of Moderate Length"
In response to Reply #0

So first of all, I should say that this was my first character since college, when I played for a couple of months. The game is amazing and huge and kudos to everyone in development and maintenance.

I made this character because I remembered how fun this game could be and honestly, it didn't dissapoint. I enjoyed the risk and reward, the immersive roleplaying and the high quality of the fellow players.

That being said, I got to a point where I was sitting in the Inn and didn't really have the desire to venture out. And then the Inn got kind of quiet, which I suppose I'm contributing to by deleting, but my own arch with the character was finished, so far as I was concerned, Real Life just started to seem like something I should be paying more attention to.

What surprised me this time around was how many players were as helpful as they were, something I don't remember last time. Many people were willing to show me around, talk to me IC about everything and I'm sure from time to time, my newbie-ness might have been annoying. But I never felt like I was annoying anyone.

So here are some quick goodbyes:

Uial, Lasentia, and Telene: you guys were amazing to me. The amount of patience coupled with the quality of interaction was the reason I kept playing and why I didn't quit playing sooner when I started thinking about it.

Charlee: you were a lot of fun, though I'm pretty sure all of Thera was speaking to you at once whenever you were around. You were hilarious and interesting, and really, really rich.

Jindicho: you were the other side of Mayael. And you were at once kind and doting and then creepy and stalker-ish, but it really helped me round out my character. Mayael was fickle, and role-playing alongside your character's arc helped establish that and justify her own arc. So, thanks.

Erig and Prindle: my favorite partying companions. I hated that you both disappeared without a formal goodbye, but then again, that's basically what I did. Prindle, you were hilarious.

Hanord: you are effing crazy. I enjoyed talking to you and interacting with you. But again, you're kind of nuts. It's been said before, but I always looked forward to whatever weird note you were going to send. A much needed lighter side of CF.

There's probably several I'm forgetting, but I wanted to hit the higlights. Thanks to everyone, and if I ever get the whim again, I hope to interact with whoever you are next.

lasentiaFri 20-Aug-10 02:01 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#94330, "Enjoyed Mayael"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 20-Aug-10 02:02 PM

Talking trash to me, at I think your 15th title. I was laughing the whole time, which made it hard to play it off as trying to be irritated. I had such a good time with Mayael I knew I would like her after that, and you never disappointed.

She was always a fun light hearted presence and a great presence for the heralds all and all. I thought your dances were very well done too, showed a decent bit of planning and they seemed to entertain pretty well.

I know there are not many of us heralds left, and some or not around as often (we all have our RL things from time to time) so sorry if you were hoping for us to be around more.

Still going to miss having Mayael around. Hope I'm still playing some char when your next whim strikes, would be fun to see another char of yours.

Good luck with RL.
(and nice beatles song)

Uial (Anonymous)Wed 01-Sep-10 03:56 PM
Charter member
#94463, "Bye Mayael"
In response to Reply #1

I was really sad to see you go. Mayael had a good presence and everyone enjoyed her company and performances. I also enjoyed her personal dilemmas that could have easily been ignored but you took the time to RP out. All around great character.

I didn't get to see you in combat that much, I should have pushed for us to adventure more often.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #94319 Previous topic | Next topic