Subject: "Im done." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93792
Show all folders

ZasohebiSun 18-Jul-10 12:06 AM
Member since 17th Jul 2010
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93792, "Im done."

Out of 13 years on and off of this game, this is the first time i've ever felt ic AND ooc like sh%t, and ic and ooc like i was kicked in the balls and slapped in the face.

What happened to the days when a player was rewarded for hard work, dedication, trying to stop other players from full looting, and pep talks?

To the players, thanks it was fun until i realized the full loot, logging in alone and never seeing rupen? ever? Its a wakeup call and it could be a sign? I have my own small car paint/body/restoration/fabrication shop and 13 years of doing it really wasnt much fun anymore. This recent "pity party" as the player of thror said, actually makes what i do seem fun again when i think about it.

R.I.P the old carrionfields. you will be missed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I am honestly sorry you feel like you got kicked in the..., Raman, 19-Jul-10 07:29 PM, #17
Reply RE: Im done., Daevryn, 18-Jul-10 02:48 PM, #13
Reply No joke, Lokain, 18-Jul-10 03:59 PM, #14
Reply Some quick advice, Lokain, 18-Jul-10 01:51 PM, #12
Reply RE: Im done., _Magus_, 18-Jul-10 12:53 PM, #11
Reply It's a game, Knac, 18-Jul-10 12:21 PM, #10
Reply I'm disappointed., Malakhi, 18-Jul-10 11:29 AM, #8
Reply RE: Im done., HammerSong, 18-Jul-10 10:19 AM, #5
Reply RE: Im done., Zasohebi, 18-Jul-10 11:22 AM, #6
     Reply Hypocrisy, Valkenar, 18-Jul-10 11:15 AM, #7
     Reply I'd add, incognito, 19-Jul-10 04:43 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Im done., HammerSong, 18-Jul-10 11:58 AM, #9
     Reply God I love Hanord., TMNS, 18-Jul-10 04:27 PM, #15
Reply I was very fond of this character, Homard, 18-Jul-10 06:20 AM, #4
Reply RE: Im done., Erothaylius, 18-Jul-10 04:02 AM, #3
Reply RE: Im done., incognito, 18-Jul-10 03:43 AM, #1
     Reply Dude..., sleepy, 18-Jul-10 03:55 AM, #2

RamanMon 19-Jul-10 07:29 PM
Member since 25th May 2010
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93840, "I am honestly sorry you feel like you got kicked in the..."
In response to Reply #0

Let me tell ya a little story, I had a cloud berserker years ago who won the rites. Didnt loose a single fight in the rites, not one. Killed damn near everyone in the rites, won my team battles and everything. You know what I got, Drillmaster while the ####er I beat the hell out of every time got Commander. I have been passed over for more leadership position than you could imagine, at first it did piss me off cause "I felt I deserved them" when really my RP sucked I didnt know how to lead a cabal and all that stuff. Looking back on all of it now, I am not pissed I got passed over for leaderships at all. As the years went by I stepped up my RP my interactions with others PC's and Imm's and now I dont even worry if I get a leadership position or not. I find it alot more fun playing to have fun and not playing to get something " I feel I deserve" when really I dont deserve it at all. Its a free game man be happy its what it is cause most free games SUCK! This one rocks!

Would like to say thanks to the Imm's for all the changes over the years. Seen the birth of legacies death of masters, birth of mummies, Empire return after being destroyed, Death of the Entropy Cabal " Which by the way I am still very sad about" , birth of edges, new dragon lairs, shut down of silent tower "Also very sad about",The death of one of my favorite Imms Eshval"So sad I dont even have words about that one" and alot more. You guys have made an awesome game even better over the years and thank you for it. When someone like this bitches about something as silly as getting passed up for leadership it just kinda pisses me off. You Imms are doing great and keep it up. Brush yer shouldas off pimps your doin fine.

DaevrynSun 18-Jul-10 02:48 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93810, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #0

I'm not going to offer an opinion on who should or shouldn't be Drillmaster, but I will say this:

####, who hasn't felt like they got passed over for a leader spot for someone less deserving? If you've played CF for 13 years and this is your first time, feel lucky.

That's not to say that things are perennially unfair, rather that everyone has different ideas of what makes a good leader.

LokainSun 18-Jul-10 03:59 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93817, "No joke"
In response to Reply #13

I think this is one of the better things you've ever spewed out.

LokainSun 18-Jul-10 01:51 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93807, "Some quick advice"
In response to Reply #0

Usually when I'm all geared up to write a note like this, I stop and delete everything I've written.

When I HAVE written posts like this (that I did actually post), I realize in short retrospect that I wrong and wrote it from a bad place. Just something to think about.

_Magus_Sun 18-Jul-10 12:53 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#93806, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #0

Your complete lack of roleplay, assholishness and fair-weather gameplay were all that I ever saw from Zasohebi.

I think this log represents how in-tune you were with your character. Which is to say not at all.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,848659,848659#msg-848659

And for what its worth, the gameplay of the old carrionfields sucked compared to the carrionfields of today. Sure, there might be less players. So that makes the assholes (like you) stand out more. The only thing that sucks about new-age carrionfields is the staff constantly trying to put forum handles and IP addresses to characters, and then basing their interactions with them off of that.

KnacSun 18-Jul-10 12:21 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#93805, "It's a game"
In response to Reply #0

Seriously, I initially had qualms about inducting you, you shined for a bit towards the middle, and now I see this.

I'm just flabbergasted.

Maybe I'll go into more details if/when my name appears on the graveyards.

In the meantime, to satisfy your curiousity:

1) You were pretty annoying with that 'Rupen didn't show up when Homard was the Drillmaster,' 'Rupen has little con less,' etc. ####. I have a good idea when Rupen showed up and when he didn't. I've played Knac for over 400 hours. Please don't try to lecture me about Rupen's playing time.

2) I didn't see a lot of measure of tactics/strategy from you. Which is what I expect from a Drillmaster. I expect him to be badass and to have the respect of the other Villagers. Otherwise, how will they DRILL the others into how to win this war? Maybe I was wrong in this assumption - but you did nothing to convince me besides accuse Rupen of this and that. I don't care what you accuse Rupen of - those times I gave you the opportunity to talk, I wanted to know more about what YOU would do and how YOU are more eligible for DM than Rupen.

Those are but two of the things why you weren't chosen as DM. I had a conversation with Rupen afterwards also, and he played his part marvelously in convincing me.

From my position as a Noldarian, I'm not into finger pointing, especially ones that appear borderline OOC. Furthermore...jeez dude, some of things you were saying reminded me of Illian. I attributed Illian's assholeness to being a drow RP. For a dwarf? No way in hell. At least, not without some RP to back it up.

And being a Drillmaster is not what it's cut out to be. Additionally, who knows when the next Rites will be on? Rupen may not even be DM in the end.

MalakhiSun 18-Jul-10 11:29 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93802, "I'm disappointed."
In response to Reply #0

I thought, based on our conversation, that you understood your options and were set on pursuing them.

It boils down to the fact that ever since I've been in Battle, Drillmaster has been chosen by the Commander, or through the Rites. If the Commander wants Rupen, that's it, end of story. You had your opportunity to sway him during that meeting, and your case wasn't compelling enough. You weren't robbed, you just weren't the guy chosen through no fault of your own. This happened to Malakhi *every* time Woldrun sat down to choose a new Drillmaster - and if Woldrun hadn't kicked the bucket, I would probably have been passed over until Malakhi died of old age

I have no problem with this because (1) I think it is very cool that Battle is so mortal driven - I *love* playing in cabals where mortal leaders have some free reign; (2) there aren't "amazing" perks for being Drillmaster. Basically you get an avg weight, good damage nodrop weapon (which, as Kirsly can tell you, is very handy for an arial mace spec, but not entirely unobtainable otherwise), and fortitude that allows you to be twice as reckless in PK; and (3) you can always DEMAND your own destiny in the Rites. This is KEY (as in all CAPS, "KEY"). Battle is, again, one of the few cabals where you can win leadership with your own ingenuity and blood-stained hands - if you want it.

As far as rewards and whatnot, you have to reconcile yourself with ignoring what you think other people get. Here, I have another personal story from the last year. When Malakhi was around, there was also this excellent-RP'd dwarf villager, Ghrummin. Ghrummin was brash and carried an attention-grabbing aura around him, and he was very tough. A lot of people, including me, just assumed Ghrummin was loaded with special IMM perks based on Thror and Iunna's appreciation of him, and how successful he was. Of course, Ghrummin deleted soon after being named Commander, the PBF came up, and guess what perks were there. Nada. No extra spec. No third legacy. Just a standard dwarf warrior build.

The point is, you can always start thinking that you deserve more perks and whatnot like the next guy. But the truth is, you don't know what the next guy has, and there are things that come your way (interactions, RP opportunities like Knacnar's meeting, RP with IMMs, your opportunity to even be considered for Drillmaster, etc.) that you can appreciate if you take the time to acknowledge them.

Anyway, best of luck with your next.

HammerSongSun 18-Jul-10 10:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#93799, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-10 10:19 AM

Without going into too much detail, I gave you an opportunity to speak to me online. You spent the entire time trying to comb through a log to prove something that would have meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

My reference to 'pity party' was also very specific. I didn't want to spend two hours in game trying to convince you to do something you were set on doing nor did I want to listen to you justify why your deaths were more significant than what's expected of all members of the Cabal. Ultimately, you ended up dropping link and never returning while both Enlilth and I were sitting there open to a discussion.

It's obvious you have a quarrel with Knacnar's decision to choose Rupen. What I find frustrating is that not ONCE did you speak up openly until you got ganged down later in the evening. If you dispute the choice you can easily wrestle it away in the Circle. You can also easily dispute it with Knacnar. The choice of Drillmaster is a mortal decision. Immortals only decide that role if no Commander is available. Obviously, the qualities we expect in that role are: Strategic minded, able to enforce Tablet/Plaque and secondary leader qualities.

I fail to see how, to put it bluntly, bitching and moaning contributes to the solution you expect. If you want to change something, step up and change it.

You looted with very little justification, so you got that in return from other characters. Other than the obvious, I felt like this was a solid character. Playing for perks is bound to get you disappointed.

Good luck with the next.

ZasohebiSun 18-Jul-10 10:46 AM
Member since 17th Jul 2010
2 posts
#93800, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-10 11:22 AM

1. You looted with very little justification, so you got that in return from other characters - I looted what i needed and magical items.
Only a very few times i took items and did what the destructor said about putting them in the pit and make them earn them. I was full saced from zubei when i didnt even know him 4 times btw.

2.What I find frustrating is that not ONCE did you speak up openly until you got ganged down later in the evening. - None of it was ever about being ganged down.

3.If you dispute the choice you can easily wrestle it away in the Circle- A dwarf who picked soul of the mountain and surrounding the sunrise with #### gear has no chance in hell against a fully decked duergar sword/hand spec berserker and you know it.

4.It's obvious you have a quarrel with Knacnar's decision to choose Rupen. What I find frustrating is that not ONCE did you speak up openly until you got ganged down later in the evening. - I spent ALONG time telling knacnar about it when rupen started logging in again and said it the night he called everyone to the village infront of EVERYONE. I also spent awhile talking to malaki about it. Its really bad when most of the playerbase that knows about rupen thinks the same.

5. Playing for perks is bound to get you disappointed. - I never started this character for any kind of perk, I was given a 10% skill learning bonus and a 400 xp role bonus. Thats the reward i got in 225 hours. i hadnt had a hero since <51 Min Sha> Melertosiceo the Holy of Faith, Advisor to the Chancellor $
Age: 67, Hours: 350, with my great patron who i saw 1 time in 350 hours. none of you stepped up to do anything then either. OR when i was <45 Human Nec> Tirrarraeor the Master of Necromancy, Servant

Heres something directly from www.carrionfields.com

You say playing for perks will get you dissapointed?
From your own webpage carrionfields.com homepage.

Some of your features.

•Enforced Roleplaying. RP isn't a perk. It's a necessity. We spend a tremendous amount of time ensuring that your interactions are both genuine and significant by rewarding characters for these dialogues.
•A roleplaying environment which rewards for creative interactions and removes useless spamming

Rewarding characters for RP and rewarding for interactions? Thats false advertising and contradicting to the website.

6. Hanord yells 'RUPEN?'

775hp52% 80%m 100%mv 24350tnl 1 AM civilized indoor none where
People near you:
(PK) Zasohebi The Shrine of the BattleRagers
Hanord The Shrine of the BattleRagers
Ohbehb The Shrine of the BattleRagers
Kurzghar The Shrine of the BattleRagers
Yodalika Before a Strangely Illuminated Pillar
Batgula Blood Square

Hanord snorts.

Kurzghar laughs heartily.

Kurzghar says 'Yuh'

You say 'Rupen wha bout rupen.'

Kurzghar says 'Is sad for village'

803hp54% 83%m 100%mv 24350tnl 2 AM civilized indoor none
Hanord says 'You've got Zasohebi here'

Hanord says 'Who has battled through thick and thin.'

Hanord says 'And you've got Rupen.

Kurzghar says 'Who disappear when war at peak.'

Hanord says 'Who most thought was DEAD when Knacnar wasn't around.'

Kurzghar says 'Homard die, all sudden him feel brave.'

855hp58% 90%m 100%mv 24350tnl 3 AM civilized indoor none
Ohbehb says 'Oohbehb nnood goonnnna dalk abooud.'

Kurzghar says 'Well, fell brave when it can call thirst.'

You say 'Will fight til last breath.'

I try to get the head back alone, no other villager logged in.

I die and do a The Mortal Leaders of Thera

Commander of Battle : Knacnar
Drillmaster of Battle : Rupen

End of story. Delete delete.

7. You chose to become an imm. no person put a gun to you or any other imms head and made you do it. You patrol and enforce bad names, cheating, no description, no roleplay, people who full loot constantly to piss players off, but you dont patrol and enforce things like what happened.

8. My favorite. Hanord says to you 'You got robbed worse than a merchant with an Arkham thief around

ValkenarSun 18-Jul-10 11:11 AM
1203 posts
#93801, "Hypocrisy"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-10 11:15 AM

>1. You looted with very little justification, so you got that
>in return from other characters - I looted what i needed and
>magical items.

If you loot magical items, then expect to be looted of random stuff. Your decision to loot magical items is perfectly fair, and perfectly reasonable in CF. But so is theirs to loot you. You're basically saccing useful stuff to them just to deprive them of it. It should not be surprising or upsetting if they do it in return.

Sure, maybe you made yourself a role that dictates that you loot magic items. Maybe you think a good rager has to loot magic items. I disagree, but either way, *you* chose to play that role, so *you* chose to loot #### you can't use just to destroy it. Don't try to hide behind RP when you choose the RP you're going to follow. There's essentially no difference between looting magic items because you're a rager, and someone else looting a few of your nicest things just to be a prick.In both cases the player has chosen to follow a role that includes looting things they can't use that the other person values.

Personally, if a rager loots my magical items just for the leet RP of it, then I feel entirely justified in looting equal value (in my sole opinion) from them. And I'll 100% own up to making that choice. But I'm also not as opposed to two-sided full-looting as most people. The only thing I really dislike is having someone loot my best stuff after returning theirs (at their request).

incognitoMon 19-Jul-10 04:43 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93835, "I'd add"
In response to Reply #7

I killed Zasohebi and looted nothing.

If he had killed me, looted my stuff and left it in the village pit to make me "earn" it back, I'd heavily loot him next time around. Why? Because I'd have almost no chance of killing the destructor if there's a defender around. Odds are, I'd die.

The way I would have perceived that is someone trying to pad their pk by forcing me to fight the destructor alone, repeatedly, whilst lacking gear. So I would have acted accordingly and treated them badly.

Loot my magic, sure, but I'll probably be somewhat harsher on you when I loot. e.g. I'll loot all coins instead of leaving you some, loot any gear that's better than mine, even if what I have is quite adequate, and loot anything of exceptional value to trade, even if normally I prefer not to because I like to see others earn their own shinies.

HammerSongSun 18-Jul-10 11:58 AM
679 posts
#93803, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #6

1. Was handled in game. You and the player mentioned had severe warnings.

2. Then your timing to delete was coincidence? I'm not buying it.

3. That's exactly the attitude we want from a Drillmaster. Let's not even give it a try at all.

4. The decision for the new Drillmaster wasn't up to the playerbase. What part of that is difficult for you to understand? This isn't American Idol.

5. I guess in our 'false advertising' we lied to Ckath and Homard too. To be honest, I saw absolutely nothing from Zaso that stood out to me as exceptional RP. In fact, I had to warn you about some of the questionable language you were using with other players. Do you really want to pursue this discussion? You're going to look really, really bad in the end.

6. Hanord yells 'RUPEN?'

Hanord says 'Who most thought was DEAD when Knacnar wasn't around.'

Kurzghar says 'Homard die, all sudden him feel brave.'

Ohbehb says 'Oohbehb nnood goonnnna dalk abooud.'

I die and do a The Mortal Leaders of Thera

Commander of Battle : Knacnar
Drillmaster of Battle : Rupen

-- If I was an evil, oppressive, morale-crushing Emperor of Thera, I'd probably try to break my enemy by using the same propoganda. Looks like you did a great job of falling for it. I'm sure they're scratching that off their checklist.

7. There are times to step in as an immortal and times to let things play themselves out. I've had people throw me under the bus for being unavailabe when in fact I'm:

a: On vacation
b: Decide to play a mortal

You call everything surrounding this character unfair. I'm calling it an opinion. I think it's best that we just agree to disagree.

8. My favorite. Hanord says to you 'You got robbed worse than a merchant with an Arkham thief around

- Sounds like he's going to have another tune about gullable villagers.

Good luck with the next. We would appreciate if you keep your cynicism to yourself. Otherwise, the thread will just end up being locked.

TMNSSun 18-Jul-10 04:27 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93818, "God I love Hanord."
In response to Reply #6

PS Looks like you got to experience village life when it wasn't awesome.

It sucks. But the people who tough it out are usually the ones who get the most rewards/recognition.

I know for a fact playing Vhergruhl that the village had a commander who could only play limited times, no drillmaster, and at most 4 heroes that played with any regularity. It was tough, trying to retrieve the item for Behrious and having to fight Hero Centurions + defenders with a level 36 Duergar Dagger spec. But if I didn't get the item back, Behrious was going to get UBER ganked anyway, at least with powers he stood a chance.

What I'm saying is trying to retrieve the Head alone isn't something that's beyond the scope of possibilities. A lot of BATTLE players get a chance to play when the village is huge and get a squeued view of how their war goes.

HomardSun 18-Jul-10 06:20 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#93798, "I was very fond of this character"
In response to Reply #0

For what it's worth I spent a good portion of Homard's life thinkng that Rupen or Jruklar would make an excellent Drillmaster. Then, after Rupen's times dropped off I felt that the position should have gone to you or Shothak.

I don't know what happened with the recent loot, but I know I saw you handle getting looted quite a few times. You'd just outfit and get back into it. I was impressed.

As per Homard's death thread, one of the best times I've had playing CF was RPing with you and some other guys in the War Room for a few hours. That was awesome.

I also had a great time during that near-fiasco of a trip to Thar Acacia with you. When you revealed that you had gone back solo (and found my damn axe) I realized how friggin' tough you were.

I could tell that you were a veteran player who knew a lot of stuff, but felt like you don't play a lot of warriors. Being able to help a guy like you with things makes a noob like me feel a little less noobish.

I'm sorry that we never got to go to Hell together. As my con dwindled I became more and more wary of areas full of tough mobs that I didn't know well (or at all.) Why I said "Yes" to the question "Wanna go look at Tiamat?" is something I still don't know. But thanks for showing me where she is.

You were a solid presence in The Village and I'm sorry to see you go out on a sour note.

ErothayliusSun 18-Jul-10 04:02 AM
Member since 18th Jul 2010
4 posts
#93797, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't going to make an account because it's so damn annoying, but I felt partially obliged to write you a post.

Solid character, I felt like you were a great presence for the Village, and I'm sorry you didn't get the drillmaster position. I definitely thought you would be the one.

Good luck with your next...if it ever comes.

incognitoSun 18-Jul-10 03:43 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93795, "RE: Im done."
In response to Reply #0

I too have just eaten a full loot, but a few points:
- You can function decently with a basic regear. Personally I've just decided to plod along getting some basic gear and build again from there.
- Rupen was on for a significant time only yesterday, albeit I think there were already 3 ragers on when he logged on.
- Why did you hide the fact that you were village? It doesn't really feel very dwarfy or villagery to me.

sleepySun 18-Jul-10 03:54 AM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#93796, "Dude..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-10 03:55 AM

You see Rupen hardly ever, and then he suddenly becomes active when Homard dies. Honestly, there were SEVERAL villagers, zasohebi being the first one in mind, that deserved this a lot more.

I'm not Knacnar, but I think that Zasohebi seemed, at least to me from the outside, more like a leader than Rupen ever was/could be.

To me, it just seemed like because Knacnar ran with Rupen back in the day when Rupen was a lot more active and logged on a LOT more, he chose him.

EDIT: This is all of course, my observation, and I could be totally wrong as to why Knacnar chose him.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93792 Previous topic | Next topic