Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-Train..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93708
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 14-Jul-10 01:36 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93708, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-Trained of the Forge, Drillmaster of Battle"

Wed Jul 14 01:35:27 2010

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Homard perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:450

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nice one man, Raman, 19-Jul-10 07:47 PM, #26
Reply Very well done man., Jento, 15-Jul-10 09:11 PM, #24
Reply Hey!, Homard, 15-Jul-10 09:50 PM, #25
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..., Tesline, 15-Jul-10 08:31 PM, #23
Reply Interacted loads with you, Humbert, 14-Jul-10 06:36 PM, #14
Reply Oh, I'm gonna keep playing, Homard, 14-Jul-10 06:43 PM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..., Enlilth, 14-Jul-10 11:16 AM, #9
Reply OP Homard Log!, Enlilth, 14-Jul-10 11:19 AM, #10
     Reply Damn Druid!, Homard, 14-Jul-10 05:41 PM, #12
          Reply Does it have anything to do with you trying to bash him..., trewyn, 28-Jul-10 03:10 AM, #27
               Reply Do ragers regenerate HP faster than non-cabal or other ..., Pro, 28-Jul-10 10:15 AM, #28
                    Reply That's the first I've heard of this..., Homard, 28-Jul-10 05:59 PM, #29
                    Reply Nope., Daevryn, 28-Jul-10 06:33 PM, #30
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..., HomeSickinSpace, 14-Jul-10 02:25 AM, #3
Reply Long Goodbye, Homard, 14-Jul-10 01:59 AM, #2
Reply Wow, great goodbye thread. , Lhydia, 14-Jul-10 06:19 AM, #4
Reply RE: Long Goodbye, Shothak, 14-Jul-10 09:46 AM, #5
Reply RE: Long Goodbye, Homard, 14-Jul-10 05:35 PM, #11
Reply RE: Long Goodbye, HammerSong, 14-Jul-10 09:47 AM, #6
Reply MUD imitates life, Homard, 14-Jul-10 10:08 AM, #7
Reply Homard!, Knac, 14-Jul-10 10:50 AM, #8
Reply RE: Long Goodbye, Malakhi, 14-Jul-10 06:17 PM, #13
Reply The Circle, Homard, 14-Jul-10 06:50 PM, #16
     Reply This might be a good spot for me to make a comment..., Twist, 15-Jul-10 07:53 AM, #20
Reply You were awesome., TMNS, 14-Jul-10 09:12 PM, #17
Reply Well done., lasentia, 14-Jul-10 10:48 PM, #18
Reply RE: Long Goodbye, Borkahd, 15-Jul-10 03:08 AM, #19
Reply you svirfed hardcore, laxman, 15-Jul-10 07:30 PM, #21
     Reply Frothing Mage Hatred, Homard, 15-Jul-10 08:16 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..., VitriolicStream, 14-Jul-10 01:42 AM, #1

RamanMon 19-Jul-10 07:47 PM
Member since 25th May 2010
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93845, "Nice one man"
In response to Reply #0

Like with Knacnar I cant go into to much detail right now but I liked interacting with you and thought you where a damn fine villager. Drillmaster meh not harsh enough perhaps but I cant honestly say on that one. I know it seemed like some douchey stuff happening in the village and didnt see alot of people getting booted for it. I will speak more about you in my Death Thread but a tip of the hat man I thought you did awesome.

JentoThu 15-Jul-10 09:11 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
99 posts
#93770, "Very well done man."
In response to Reply #0

Good job. Ranked up with you quite a bit and I was digging your char since the start. Well done.

Livling

HomardThu 15-Jul-10 09:50 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#93772, "Hey!"
In response to Reply #24

Watching you kick ass made me write up a role for a Battle Assassin.

It'll be a while before I jump back into a hut, but you inspired me.

Thanks.

TeslineThu 15-Jul-10 08:31 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#93769, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..."
In response to Reply #0

Well I loved this character sad to see him gone BUT now atleast my mages are safe. Nantha was the only Character that thought you as a friend which was fun to see you as someone that wasnt trying to kill me. Very well done you inspire me to make a Villager...if I stop making mages

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

HumbertWed 14-Jul-10 06:36 PM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
#93732, "Interacted loads with you"
In response to Reply #0

without giving my char away, you were just awesome. You are the sort of player that enriches CF by simply playing. Good luck with your next, and do continue playing

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 06:43 PM
959 posts
#93733, "Oh, I'm gonna keep playing"
In response to Reply #14

But I have to do some exploring and figure out where some preps are.

Playing only Villagers has warped my gaming experience. I know where to find over thirty items that will shake the veil, but I don't know where to find those stoneskin fillets.

EnlilthWed 14-Jul-10 11:16 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#93721, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..."
In response to Reply #0

Dammit... If I'd been on or awake when this happened I woulda thrown globals for homard. I just liked this character. A lot. Great job.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

EnlilthWed 14-Jul-10 11:18 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#93722, "OP Homard Log!"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Wed 14-Jul-10 11:19 AM

Homard yells 'Die, Renenalu, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Homard's direction.
The stony spikes spring up around Homard, injuring his feet!
Your spike growth *** DEMOLISHES *** Homard!
Homard is covered with bleeding wounds.

forest <100%hp 84%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)>
Your punch mauls Homard.
Your punch wounds Homard.
Homard's cleave devastates you!
Homard's slash misses you.
Homard's cleave devastates you!

forest <85%hp 84%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> com 'thornheart'

Homard tries to bash you but collides with your thorny armor instead!
Your armor of thorns wounds Homard.

forest <85%hp 84%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Homard's direction.
You dart towards Homard with a sharp seed in your hand!
You fail to plant the deadly seed within Homard.
Your thornheart misses Homard.
Homard's cleave decimates you!
You dodge Homard's cleave.

forest <79%hp 79%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)>
Homard parries your punch.
Your punch decimates Homard!
Homard's attack strikes your protective carapace, deflecting a small bit of its force.
Homard's cleave wounds you.
Homard's slash devastates you!
Your shield blocks Homard's slash.
Homard is gushing blood.

forest <67%hp 79%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> com 'thornheart'

Homard tries to bash you but collides with your thorny armor instead!
Your armor of thorns wounds Homard.
Homard is gushing blood.

forest <67%hp 79%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Homard's direction.
You dart towards Homard with a sharp seed in your hand!
Homard howls in agony as you embed a sharp seed in his chest!
****************THORNHEARTED******************
Your thornheart wounds Homard.
Homard's cleave misses you.
Homard's attack strikes your protective carapace, deflecting a small bit of its force.
Homard's slash wounds you.
Homard is gushing blood.

forest <63%hp 73%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> com 'fire seeds'

A ring bearing the seal of Telenius shimmers with a soft white glow.
You feel better!
Homard's cleave mauls you.
Homard's cleave decimates you!
Homard is gushing blood.

forest <53%hp 73%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Homard's direction.
You create some fire seeds and hurl them at Homard!
Your fire seed CHARS Homard!
Homard narrowly avoids the rest of your fire seeds.
Your shield blocks Homard's slash.
Homard is writhing in agony.

forest <53%hp 69%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)>
You find cover amid the wilds, eluding Homard's whirl.
Homard is writhing in agony.

forest <53%hp 69%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> com 'fire seeds'

Your punch mauls Homard.
Homard dodges your punch.
Homard's cleave wounds you.
Homard's slash maims you!
Homard is convulsing on the ground.

forest <40%hp 69%m 97%mv 11515tnl (-27.94%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Homard's direction.
You create some fire seeds and hurl them at Homard!
Your fire seed BROILS Homard!
Homard is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
Your fire seed RAZES Homard!
Homard is DEAD!!
Homard's severed head plops on the ground.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 05:41 PM
959 posts
#93726, "Damn Druid!"
In response to Reply #10

You pointed out to me afterwards that you weren't even wielding a weapon. I decided at this point that it would be better to stay on the friendly side of Renenalu.

trewynWed 28-Jul-10 03:10 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93986, "Does it have anything to do with you trying to bash him..."
In response to Reply #12

Looking at that log... wow... I could've killed you faster.

Thornheart against a villager? Seriously? Their natural regen is faster than the thornheart can get without 12 hours of waiting. Unless you poison them (not going to happen against Homard).

Either way

I loved you to death. Man you were awesome. Your RP was solid and you gave me pep talks when necessary with my thief. You were a solid enemy as well. I loved fighting you. Most enjoyable moments I had. BEST fight in ... forever... was you raiding to get me and tribunal invoker arkellin showed up and we both decided that #### was too hot to handle and we both RTFA... and it was MY island. It was like the meeting of three titans. Man I should've stuck that char out... I'd have loved to go against you solid for an hour or three. I don't think either of us would've died, but man it'd have been fun.

Peace brother. Nuthin' but luv.

ProWed 28-Jul-10 10:15 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#93987, "Do ragers regenerate HP faster than non-cabal or other ..."
In response to Reply #27

Tggh

HomardWed 28-Jul-10 05:59 PM
959 posts
#93993, "That's the first I've heard of this..."
In response to Reply #28

but I don't have a frame of reference, can anyone shed some light?

Also, thanks for the kind words, Trewyn. They mean a lot coming from you.

DaevrynWed 28-Jul-10 06:32 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93994, "Nope."
In response to Reply #28
Edited on Wed 28-Jul-10 06:33 PM

Although, +con from resist.

Edited to add: And obviously, resist cuts the damage of thornheart down as it cuts the damage of everything down.

HomeSickinSpaceWed 14-Jul-10 02:25 AM
Member since 18th Jun 2010
31 posts
#93711, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey I actually heard over cb that you were running around rattling chains. Sent you a tell and you confirmed it. I really liked Homard as an enemy. When I was coming up through the ranks the village had big numbers and were usually on in force. Of that group you were one of the few I had respect for. You always treated me fairly and were not afraid of a fight regardless of if you had the head or not. I always knew it would be a good fight against you. Gates, resist and stone skin added up to some wicked dam redux. It was usually just a me drumming you hoping not to eat too many deathblows.

Glad you went out tonight like a villager should fighting mages and all that jazz. Hope to see you in another incarnation soon. We can always use another competant blade.

Kurzghar

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 01:59 AM
959 posts
#93710, "Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

From Macaca's death thread:

Hammersong: Anyhow, good character. Play a smart elf Rager next. I want to see more strategy!

Well, I couldn't bring myself to play an elf, but I took this advice to heart. This is my third hero and I had
two goals with this character. One was to get Thror's tattoo. The second was to not be a punching-bag once I
reached hero-range. 90% of Villagers are cannon fodder above 46 or so and I was determined to not let that happen
to me again. I succeeded better than I could have ever expected.

On Adversity: For those of you who don't know/don't remember, Homard had THE STANK for the first portion of his
life. What this means is that I had syphilis for a long damn time. It sucked. I healed and regenerated mana and
moves at half-speed and stopped every fifteen seconds to squirm in my pants or grab my crotch. Nothing beats
running from your enemies down Eastern healing 1% of your hp/tick and stopping to grab your #### just before you
get to the slaughtering grounds. Anyone who fell to me during this time period did something wrong because it's
hard to chase when you're shoving your hands down your pants all the time. A post on dios of Lylesse killing me
made me laugh because I sqirm in my pants right before I die. I think you were right about his spirit, though.

Sapper Training gave me a very cool quest skill that landed me a kill or two because it completely invalidated
some certain tactics. However, being cured of the syph is what really made the difference. After ranking miserably
from 30 to hero under this handicap, to be free of it was like becoming a superhero. It also gave me little
tolerance for people who would bitch about trivial things. The first part of Homard's life was very difficult so I'm
sorry, but I'm not going to kill the midnight dragon for your level 4.

The Build: I suck at PK and had recently fallen victim to the Myth of Damroll Rager Build (Macaca: cloud sword/hands
chilling/cry). I decided to go defense with Homard (svirf axes/hands gates/riddle/fires ).
I geared for -AC always, with some +STR and +DEX. Every day for a long time I would kick myself for taking Riddle
because with Fist I could have dual wielded more effective axes at times, but then I'd finish fights and see that
I hadn't even realized I was Impaled and Boneshattered, so Riddle is awesome. Gates is amazing, even though the
lvl 10 -20AC rings I wore that are for sale in a major city got looted from me like crazy. I'd actually carry
ten of them in my bag they got stolen so often. And within ten minutes of being given Fires it saved my ass.

Role Contest: I was actually mad at myself for entering. I didn't think I had a chance in hell of placing.

On being a leader: I think I did a great job of building up my Villagers. I think I did a #### job of putting them
down when they needed it. Often, though, the offense was not egregious enough to warrant burning a hut, but me
talking to them about it did no good. I wish I could have cut them off from resist or spellbane until they figured
their #### out. It also didn't help that I'd get complaints from people that were just way off base. 1. The Ruins
are The Village. You may find parity there, but don't count on it. Also, hitting the giant and running away does
not make you safe. 2. Holy ####, some of you can't count. "4 Villagers attacked me!" would actually be "A scout and
a defender attacked me and somebody else." Hell, I was once accused of breaking parity when I was actually in the
same room getting beat down by another villager. So, ultimately I was more inclined to believe my Villagers than
whomever it was said was ganged down by them, though sometimes that was clearly a mistake.

Also, some of you applicants and applicant-applicants sent an awful lot of tells to me. If they were for RP or
questions about the Village or The Forge or Sapper-Training I enjoyed interacting with you. Some of them, though,
were basically like "I'm ready to get my hut now! Where can I meet you?" I don't know if anyone's going to respond
well to that.

Goodbyes:

IMMS:

Thror: You are awesome. One of my first great CF moments was Macaca completing his "Impossible Task" which was killing
Lirad. That set the stage for this whole character. Thank you.

Iunna: Thanks for the CON. I've always been a big fan of the Iunna/Battle relationship and I wish you were around more.
I had a great time in your shrine that time.

Enlilth: I think you had a soft spot for me based on my interactions with your druid. Thanks for sending me strange foods
and items. I carried them around for a long time. I realized during Homard's life that I need to roll up an Enlilth follower.
I just need some time. Also, you're the only god I ever pincered, so that was pretty cool.

Reaper/Warlord/Fjarn: You guys are fantastic. Bork: The night you gave instructions on how to turn a 'boy elf' into a 'girl
elf' was amazing. Also, Thera needs more Fjarn.

Battle:

Knac: You are the best Commander I've ever played under. I think that few characters take the kind of RP risk you're
willing to fool around with (the stuff with Empire, specifically and a few other things). Hell, I started staying up
three hours past when I should have gone to bed just to be logged on with you. I wish you had stayed on for another
half hour tonight.

Shothak: A lot of characters delete when something unexpected and terrible happens. I think getting reinducted makes you
a shining example to all Villagers. Well done. Also, spending two hours just RPing with you and Zasohebi and Noggen in the
War Room recently was some of the most fun I've ever had playing CF. Thank you.

Zasohebi: Keep on trucking in the Ragesteel. Never give up. Your attitude is fantastic.

Ohbehb: If you stick with it, you'll be Commander or Drillmaster one day for sure.

Rupen: One of my favorites. Your playtimes seem to have dropped off and I'm sorry to see that.

Zhiv: Excellent job.

Puldun/Ouli/Arlo/Illian/Mwarrim and the other fallen Villagers: The inter-Village RP I get from folks like you is what makes
me play this game. Thank you.

Applicants: One of you little bastards killed the little mage I've been playing in the mornings because there are so few
heros on. I gave you a hut anyway.

Nexus:

I had the pleasure of playing with some of the toughest Nexuns of all time (of all time.) Unfortunately, all of you seem to have
died or deleted by now. You were some of the classiest enemies I've ever faced.

Scion:

Charine: Awesome. Never afraid to mix it up, which is good, but also not afraid to push it if you think you can get the kill.
That's what I like about you. You play like you're in Battle. I like that.

Paraloiut: An absolute beast in the wilds. Very cool character.

Cersa: If it's RP, awesome! If it's not, ugh.

Empire:

Hanord: I'm quite fond of you. Your tactics are impressive. Your ability to count, not so much, but other than that I think you're
an awesome enemy.

Kurzghar: I wish we could have fought more, but I wasn't inclined to attack you unless it was a raid. You've got some big
recent shoes to fill, but I think you're up for it.

Zubei: With you I actually suspect the prickishness is truly RP. IC I hated you, but OOC I'm a fan.

Outlander:

To the semi-innocent already-wounded Outtie transmuter I looked at and then pincered to death so long, long ago, I'm sorry. I was
working on an RP angle that The Stank had driven me mad, but the only thing I ever did in that vein was to kill you. It left me
with a bad taste in my mouth so I abandoned that angle. I'm sorry, it was a super-####ty thing for a Berserker to do.

Tribunal:

Arkellin: Behind Lamayinn you were my favorite foe. Homard actually considered both you and her to be 'friends' in an odd way.
I'm glad you felt the same way and I thank you for putting me down for the final time. I could think of no better way to end it.
You'll never know how many damn spiders I killed just because of you. Please make a donation to the orphans of flying-spiders
fund in my memory.

Zathryrian(sp?): Why on Earth would you want to lie about things that happen in a text-based fantasy RPG? You amaze me.

Heralds, Uncaballed, and Anathema:

Telene: I love this character. I'm sorry that you didn't think that a poncho made from your skin was an appropriate wedding
gift. Seriously, though I liked everything about you, from your days as a Nexun to your wedding, to the way you always took
time to say 'hello.'

Ckath: One time I saw Ckath's wallet. It was the one that said "Bad Mother ####er" on it. I'm glad you decided to stick with it.
With surprising agility Ckath evades the #### fate that befalls all anathemas, especially former Emperors.

Jindicho: Odd though it was, I enjoyed our relationship. I wish you had levelled up so we could fight, but other than that I
have no issue with how you're playing the game. And I think you were probably right about having more mage-kills than quite
a few Villagers. What I really appreciated from you was feedback on applicants that wasn't "Applicant is a coward!!!1" which
is all most people can manage. I 100% gave out a hut on your recommendation. I thought that was pretty cool.

All in all, I feel like by accomplishing my goals I've come as close to "winning" CF as is possible. Thank you all for providing
me with so much fun.

450 hours is a long time. If I forgot you, say something and I'll respond.

Homard/Macaca/(Wrathpuppet on Dios)

LhydiaWed 14-Jul-10 06:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#93714, "Wow, great goodbye thread. "
In response to Reply #2

Glad you had a good time, nice work with the character.

ShothakWed 14-Jul-10 09:46 AM
Member since 14th Jul 2010
8 posts
#93716, "RE: Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Drillmaster!! This should have been said within the hut, I'm sorry.

Thanks for everything, especially keeping me involved during my exile. You kept me on my talons and moving. Those few hours in the hut we spent going over strategies and all other sorts of notions was definitely one of my favorite times.

I learned a lot from you on our travels and I shall do my utmost to see that the Village maintains the sense of camaraderie that you brought to it.

Thanks again, brother. I'll see that the ferryman gets his coin.

Bloody Arbiters, may they face an eternity of Pico's reign!

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 05:35 PM
959 posts
#93725, "RE: Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #5

Clearly you've been playing for a while.

The fact that I could show you a thing or two that you didn't know about was awesome.

HammerSongWed 14-Jul-10 09:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#93717, "RE: Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Quite possibly one of my favorites.

Homard had a distinct way of being liked by other Villagers. He took calculated risks and indulged himself in conversations with other villagers which not only helped him flesh out his role, but it helped them flesh out theirs.

You came to me with a very, very unique role. "The Stink" of Magic was something no one had approached me with. At first, I wasn't sure how to handle it. I then determined that treating magic like an internal disease in you was the best approach. By using this approach, I was able to put you through a very specific trial that, as you stated, was a huge inconvenience for you. Multiple immortals felt sorry for how long you had to endure it. In the end, I knew it would make you appreciate your character.

"What's worthwhile is difficult to achieve."

Your questing (with other Villagers involved) had to do with the concept of working as a team. One was a defender, a scout and a berserker. I chose these individuals for a reason. Being a stand out Villager shouldn't just be about the Berserker with the best gear, legacies who is most competant at PK. It should be about the Villager that is willing to teach tactical strategies to their peers.

I felt like you were great about following through with the above.

From a faith perspective, you were sound. Your role greatly reflected your insight into my faith and you put yourself in very difficult positions to mold yourself into a better character.

My "only" criticism is one which we discussed. There were specific situations that have come up in which I wanted the mortal leadership of Battle to address. Unfortunately, those are very tough decisions that may sometimes handicap you and/or the cabal. Those decisions however, separate good leaders from excellent leaders. Remember, part of your "trials" in faith are to see how you can forge others into the likeness of yourself.

Wrathpuppet - Outstanding character. Your interactions at even the most basic levels were great. You treated everyone in game in accordance to your role. You shined as a solid contribution to the game. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to spend helping make this character more enjoyable. Great job and looking forward to trying to "discern" your next!

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 10:08 AM
959 posts
#93718, "MUD imitates life"
In response to Reply #6

In my professional life (I am an electrician for special events) I am, more often than not, put in charge of large crews of unruly stagehands.

The common wisdom is that there are two schools of leadership, the carrot and the stick. Most leads in my industry gladly wield the stick, but I am am unable to do so. I'm firmly on the carrot side of the equation.

The result is that I am generally liked by my crews. The downside is that I'm easier to take advantage of.

Homard is a reflection of this. One one occasion I saw a Villager kill a Paladin to retrieve a mantle that had been taken from him earlier. Other than a rebuke and reminder to observe The Tablet, I let it go.

Unfortunately, unless the transgression is particularly egregious I wasn't going to even consider burning a hut. This is because hut burning leads to "complain;complain;delete;delete" 99% of the time.

The other 1% of the time (Shothak, this means you/see also: Ckath) the player goes down a road that leads to an amazing redemption. If this were the way it worked even 25% of the time I would have burnt a few huts, but as most of the player base gives up so easily upon being uninducted, I (the player) couldn't bring myself to ruin someone's fun over anything that wasn't terribly blatant.

One nice thing would be if an uninducted villager were able to retain Truesight, as it really handicaps non svirf/assassins to be unable to see invisible at Hero.

If I haven't been clear, I completely agree with you about my leadership abilities.

Thanks again for everything.

KnacWed 14-Jul-10 10:50 AM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#93719, "Homard!"
In response to Reply #2

Didn't realize that you were THAT close. I'm sorely disappointed that I quit.

I loved your RP. Even the few times I killed you with my low level AP back in the days, you did quite well, and I couldn't bring myself to loot you.

As a Villager, you did quite well. You were fearless, reckless, and took calculated risks. Admittedly you had a slow start, but I'm in awe that anyone would actually use that fault (it's like using death taboo). Making it work is just insane - I think more people should play like you.

As the Drillmaster, you were willing to step it up whenever and whereever. I have to admit, I'm in the same boat with you in burning Huts - it sucks having 100+ hours go to waste, even if you are a douchebag. But you did an awesome job trying to keep the Huts in line.

From a religion standpoint - I've had thror followers in the past, and I have to admit, your actions were spot on. Sure you couldn't wade through the masses, but rpwise, WOW!

The complete package. You'll be sorely missed. I hope the imms put a death echo for you!

MalakhiWed 14-Jul-10 06:17 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93729, "RE: Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

From my POV, your RP came across over cb as an unflappable, enduring presence. It seemed like sometimes you'd be subject to overt displays of insubordination, and you'd just calmly refuse to engage in a pissing contest. That's very unusual to see in the Battle cabal (offhand, I really can't think of anyone with that kind of RP over the last year), and I thought it was an interesting take on svirfnebli RP - I think it's how you'd expect a svirfnebli to react to stressful leadership situations.

That said, I think you can open a can of whoopass on someone who's asking to be whooped, without burning their hut, by humbling them in the Circle.

I really liked Macaca Oxtail, too.

HomardWed 14-Jul-10 06:50 PM
959 posts
#93734, "The Circle"
In response to Reply #13

I totally agree about The Circle.

However, almost every Villager that I wanted to take to The Circle was a dodgy mace-spec which was a terrible matchup for me. And after seeing the results of people beating Knac (in the circle or in the arena) I didn't want to stroke any egos by losing to them.

TwistThu 15-Jul-10 07:53 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#93755, "This might be a good spot for me to make a comment..."
In response to Reply #16

...that I've been on the fence about making...

The Circle, IMO, is not for punishing "bad" ragers.

The Circle is a place for two dudes who are having a pissing match to resolve said pissing match.

If you see a rager doing something bad (Parity, making a deal with magi, whatever), bust on them for it. It isn't like there aren't degrees of this. Tell them they better bring you a mage skull in the next 200 ticks or whatever, or you'll burn their hut. Hell, tell them "You do that again, and I'll boot your sorry ass." and if they give you any lip, tell them the next words out of their mouth better be "I understand." or you'll boot them now.

Your concern about booting someone being a huge thing is valid. I only booted like...3 guys, maybe...maybe not even that many...as Woldrun. And Woldrun was DM a long time before being Commander. It was tough. But I bitched out several guys and the threat of getting thrown out (when they knew I'd go through with it) was often enough to get them to straighten up. Most of them.

Ok all that aside, I thought Homard was well-rped, good at PK, and overall a quality character. I look forward to your next.

TMNSWed 14-Jul-10 09:12 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93737, "You were awesome."
In response to Reply #2

I loved when you told me although I wasn't a Thror follower, that I shaped men just the same.

Trying to not reveal much more, but I honestly would have been able to do what you wanted if my time wasn't recently so sporadic.

Glad I could help with anything, and this was a giant step up from Macaca.

lasentiaWed 14-Jul-10 10:48 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93739, "Well done."
In response to Reply #2

Had nothing but respect for this character (and Macaca as well), and to do this as your third hero is even more impressive.

Thanks for attending the wedding peacefully, the poncho of Telene made me laugh when she told me about that as the gift. Such a perfect thing for a rager to do.

Seeing this char, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. Good luck out there, though not sure you'll need it.

BorkahdThu 15-Jul-10 03:08 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#93744, "RE: Long Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

I liked Homard and was shooting for you to get DM, glad you did. I always love RPing with the village so hearing that you enjoyed Borks little talks was cool.

Good luck with your next!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

laxmanThu 15-Jul-10 07:30 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93767, "you svirfed hardcore"
In response to Reply #2

I gotta give it to you man. You rocked. In pk you were tough and truly explored the full potential of the axe and I dug it (I fought you as Fwipplethunt). In terms of RP you were not as hateful of mages as I would really expect of a villager in that you showed a fair amount of open respect for your enemies. But you rocked a great attitude and were an amazing leader for the village.

Now that a few of you guys are starting to die off I might go back to my old bread and butter and battle it up again.

HomardThu 15-Jul-10 08:16 PM
959 posts
#93768, "Frothing Mage Hatred"
In response to Reply #21

Whereas I think that all Village Applicants should have a rabid, frothing hatred for all things magical, I can imagine that an older Villager, especially a wise gnome or svirf could have developed a respect for his enemies.

I also think that CF is a melodrama and that the characters are more like comic-book heroes than real-life combatants.

I also know that it's a game and I think it's important to realize that making the game more fun for everyone is more important than playing a Nazi in a midnight-dragon armor. (I tried to go this route once, going so far as to name my character after a notorious German Nazi band and implicating "The Protocols of the Elders of Scion" into my role) but quickly realized that it's more fun this way.

And what the hell, I really dug Fwip. I couldn't hate him too much.

VitriolicStreamWed 14-Jul-10 01:42 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
212 posts
#93709, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Homard Brokenstone the Sapper-T..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, what to say? A valued opponent, almost a friend. I think I said most all I wanted to in game. Good luck with your next, of course, and thanks for the fun along the way.

A.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93708 Previous topic | Next topic