Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Draylon the Yama Arashi, Elite I..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93695
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 11-Jul-10 09:40 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93695, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Draylon the Yama Arashi, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Sun Jul 11 21:38:25 2010

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Draylon perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:38
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:95

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JavaMon 12-Jul-10 10:38 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93697, "So ends Java's Evil experiment"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 12-Jul-10 10:39 AM

Had fun for the most part, doing the "evil" thing. I actually put in a LOT of effort in the role, and making Draylon something I thought was realistic and believable in CF's reality.

I want to say, as far as his role, I played it fairly well. I was sphere Deception, and I handled it pretty well. Had a lot of different characters in the game thinking my motivations were one thing, when they were the exact opposite. Even the one time I told the truth, I did it to earn someone's trust so I could turn on them later (never got that chance though). It was a LOT of fun to play, early on.

PK aspect, I kind of sucked. I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't manage to land too many kills. I made pretty much everyone my enemy. But playing in off-times, coupled with just being off my game, added up to a lot of missed opportunities. And a lot of people that got beat up, then ran away.

Lots of mob deaths too. That was annoying.

Somehow over the last couple days, I lost interest. It felt like I was phoning it in, and becoming just another Imperial assassin. A lack of opportunities to really "play my part" in the big picture, and just getting caught up in the mundane aspects of being an Imperial (farming gold, giving the Oath/promotions, raids/retrievals) just kind of made me lose the feel of the character.

Too bad, cause it could've been something special I think.

And I'm rambling.. cause like I said, I spent a lot of time working on the role, and thinking about Draylon's personality, mannerisms and everything else. I just wish I could've pulled it off.

People I was working "with": Thanks for the opportunities. Thanks for not not calling me out, if you saw through my BS. That was my biggest worry with the character.

Rest of the playerbase: Kind of meh. Some good. Some bad. Some REALLY bad. Seriously, people. Think about what you're doing.. think about whether or not your actions make the game fun for everyone else. There's dozens of people that can tell you, playing the game to make it fun for everyone CAN still be fun for you. I'm one of them. You don't have to "win" to have a good time. Just play.

That one Imm who talked to me: Totally unexpected. I expected any Immteraction I got to be a boot out of the Empire.. but that was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't really sure what direction to take leaving that talk, so I pretty much just kept on trucking (after searching in vain for that one dude). Thanks, though.

God damn.. that's a long goodbye post for someone that was under 100 hours. Oh well.

Peace.

TMNSMon 12-Jul-10 12:53 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93698, "Impressed for several reasons..."
In response to Reply #1

...one, you played evil after playing Nexus. I think that's awesome that you're trying new things/expanding your base.

2) We never interacted (maybe once or twice) but I heard several good things about you, and several contradictory things. That's awesome if you are playing Evil sphere Deception. Kudos.

c) I liked your role. Also, thanks for getting those PBF's. I laughed at Toranna's and Illian's for at least 5 minutes after work. I appreciate it. Don't make any babies in Okinawa!

incognitoMon 12-Jul-10 01:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93700, "Thoughts on Draylon"
In response to Reply #1

Abrasive, but in a good way that didn't feel inappropriate given your alignment and cabal.

No fool. Can't add much to this until I delete myself.

Apparently relatively anti-gank and multi-kill, which is cool, although it appeared you did incorrectly mistake me for someone wanting to do said ganking and/or multi-killing.

I keep hearing about all these ####s who full-loot for the fun of it, or sac people's gear, or multi-kill. However, when I've fought them they've died rather than me so I haven't seen this. What I would say though is I heard exactly the same of Melememelem, yet when I messed up and died to her she left Dartis pretty much everything which was completely unexpected (including my unholy iirc, although that might have been sacced -- I forget). So I wonder whether some of this apparently unpleasant behaviour is actually warranted. Maybe not if it happens to you, but when it happens to some others.

I second the thanks for the pbfs. Entertaining stuff.

MarinMon 12-Jul-10 02:40 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2010
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93701, "Slight derailment."
In response to Reply #3

The downward spiral.

Let's say someone kills me. I'm fine with that. But I get my revenge. And let's say I'm a duergar warrior. So when I kill you, and it is very challenging and somewhat rare, I take all your wrathing weapons because that's really a very rough disadvantage you have over me.

Most people flip out at that point and threaten to full sac me at the first chance. So now that person has created an environment where if either of us wins, one is going to lose it all.

If people could get over losing some gear then we'd probably not have the problem of losing all gear retributive-ly. When you said that unpleasant behavior is warranted, well, it seems we all have different shades of what is warranted from an original action.

incognitoMon 12-Jul-10 05:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93702, "The one that's stupid"
In response to Reply #4

Is that guy that gets full-sacced by A, and therefore full-sacs B.

wtf? You just became A to some guy that had nothing to do with it.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93695 Previous topic | Next topic