Subject: "Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who actuall..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93606
Show all folders

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 08:04 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2010
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93606, "Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who actually made this game enjoyable."

I'm bad at goodbye messages, so i'll keep it short and sweet and mention the people that actually impacted this character and made life relatively fun for me.

Homard - Solid drillmaster and presence, if only you had a little more intuition on chasing prey across eastern!!!!!!! :-P

Knacnar - Felt good killing you One Vs One in the Circle, only PC I have made that's managed to do so.

Erothaylius - Nice to see a Paladin who doesn't just gang all the time whenever he can.

Ghrajjek - Felt good pwning you three times. You never did manage to kill me after level 40 or so :-p

Charine - Solid fights. One of my tougher opponents.

Ckath - Think you're about the only one I never killed :-p

I'm missing a lot of folks. If you post and you were a decent person, i'll be sure to respond in kind. This is more a ragepost than anything, but with limited playtimes coming up, enough is enough. Enlilth can play in his own sandbox and keep juicing up Imperials that don't deserve ####.

People who are COMPLETE douchebags.

#1 - Zubei - You get #1 for this award, Sir. You are a complete asshole and one of the main reasons why people don't want to play this game. A competent and COWARDLY and OPPOURTUNISTIC little piece of #### that just waits to fullsac and full-loot people who actually take risks.

# 2 - Enlilth - You're a douchebag for taking the Head when I had a personal quarrel with you. Repeat kill me, whatever, don't take a cabal icon, when YOUR IMPERIALS have the advantage and make some lameass RP excuse for it. You've done this before and people have bitched, it isn't cool, and this is the primary reason for my deletion.

#3 - Thror - After all your horse#### requests, after all the blah, blah, blah, do this, you pit me on an impossible mission. If you were gonna welch out on giving me any perks, it'd have been nice to know from the get-go so I didn't waste my time on a loser God like you.

Honestly. That about covers it. Everyone else was pretty decent for the most part, some folks douchier than others. Eylar summoning and leaving me in locked rooms for instance, a nuisance, but not nearly so bad as Gods doing as they please, welching out on agreements, and polesmokers like Zubei full-saccing people.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., HammerSong, 08-Jul-10 04:49 PM, #43
Reply Crafty Bugger, Knac, 08-Jul-10 03:53 PM, #23
Reply RE: Crafty Bugger, Illian, 08-Jul-10 04:06 PM, #30
Reply Damn, Mekantos, 08-Jul-10 02:24 PM, #20
Reply RE: Damn, Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:49 PM, #46
     Reply Look up Aciela's death thread/PBF., TMNS, 08-Jul-10 04:19 PM, #35
Reply I think Daev nailed this one., Malakhi, 08-Jul-10 12:40 PM, #19
Reply RE: I think Daev nailed this one., Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:47 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I think Daev nailed this one., Daevryn, 08-Jul-10 04:43 PM, #41
Reply With Mellaithdon I actually liked you as an enemy, Habbs, 08-Jul-10 09:56 AM, #17
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., HammerSong, 08-Jul-10 08:27 AM, #14
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:52 PM, #22
     Reply Uh, really? That's it?, Knac, 08-Jul-10 03:59 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Uh, really? That's it?, Illian, 08-Jul-10 04:12 PM, #32
          Reply But based on Noldarian Faith, Abernyte, 08-Jul-10 04:36 PM, #38
          Reply Hm, that's a little difficult, Knac, 08-Jul-10 04:57 PM, #44
     Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., HammerSong, 08-Jul-10 04:37 PM, #37
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Isildur, 08-Jul-10 07:35 AM, #13
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:54 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Isildur, 08-Jul-10 04:10 PM, #31
          Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Illian, 08-Jul-10 04:16 PM, #33
               Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Isildur, 08-Jul-10 05:42 PM, #45
Reply Oh, Illian, Homard, 08-Jul-10 01:51 AM, #10
Reply RE: Oh, Illian, Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:56 PM, #25
Reply Some observations..., sleepy, 08-Jul-10 01:22 AM, #9
Reply RE: Some observations..., Hutto, 08-Jul-10 02:05 AM, #11
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., kiadannah, 07-Jul-10 11:23 PM, #5
Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Illian, 07-Jul-10 11:32 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..., Daevryn, 07-Jul-10 11:39 PM, #7
          Reply I'll take Dennis Rodman from you :-P, Illian, 08-Jul-10 03:58 PM, #26
               Reply RE: I'll take Dennis Rodman from you :-P, Daevryn, 08-Jul-10 04:38 PM, #39
Reply Hehe., Iunna, 07-Jul-10 11:13 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hehe., Illian, 07-Jul-10 11:17 PM, #4
Reply Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT, TMNS, 07-Jul-10 11:08 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT, Illian, 07-Jul-10 11:16 PM, #3
          Reply Long as you get to sleep at night kid. nt, Artificial, 08-Jul-10 12:57 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT, Valguarnera, 08-Jul-10 06:43 AM, #12
          Reply Ahtieli was a good RPer. (nt), Twist, 08-Jul-10 08:17 AM, #15
          Reply I agree, and I have pretty good reasons for wanting to ..., Humbert, 08-Jul-10 09:54 AM, #16
               Reply RE: I agree, and I have pretty good reasons for wanting..., Illian, 08-Jul-10 04:03 PM, #29
                    Reply Just like you played the worst Storm Giant ever?, TMNS, 08-Jul-10 04:16 PM, #34
                    Reply darth vader leadership ftw, Marcus_, 08-Jul-10 04:27 PM, #36
          Reply You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?, TMNS, 08-Jul-10 11:12 AM, #18
               Reply RE: You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?, Illian, 08-Jul-10 04:01 PM, #28
                    Reply RE: You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?, Daevryn, 08-Jul-10 04:40 PM, #40
                         Reply I laughed. Thanks. NT, TMNS, 08-Jul-10 04:45 PM, #42

HammerSongThu 08-Jul-10 04:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93661, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #0

This thread is locked. This is heading to insult-city fast and it's nowhere near constructive to the game nor the player.

KnacThu 08-Jul-10 03:53 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#93640, "Crafty Bugger"
In response to Reply #0

Seriously, I didn't know what to do with you.

On one hand, you kicked ass in pking and mage kills. That alone probably saved you from getting booted a few times. Good job on the Circle - that's exactly how I anticipated you would beat me, and you did a hell of a job.

On the other hand, I guess you're lucky that I thought your ass-like attitude was a good drow RP instead of your OOC persona. There were times when it waivered, but I usually gave you the benefit of a doubt. Maybe other players didn't like it - I dunno.

I tend to give people the benefit, like in your case and a few other ragers that may have been booted if I didn't, because in the end it's a game. Hopefully you had fun.

When I eventually go, I thought you might have a good chance of becoming commander. To that end, I didn't know if I wanted you to become Commander - might have booted you before.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 04:06 PM
16 posts
#93647, "RE: Crafty Bugger"
In response to Reply #23

You'd have to beat me first :-P

All in all, I liked Knacnar and still do as Commander, and yeah, you're right, I wouldn't have wanted it. Illian was much more inclined to just fight his Wars alone, then ever calling and asking for aid.

MekantosThu 08-Jul-10 02:24 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93635, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

You know, I've been annoyed with the Imms plenty of times, but there is a right way to go about it and a wrong way. This is the wrong way.

Plus, Enlilth and Thror? Really...? From what I understand they are both solid in terms of immteraction and rp flavor. You should be grateful they are around, and not trying to drive them off with this kind of talk. This one didn't work out for you. That happens to MOST characters. Step back and let your head cool down.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 08:04 PM
16 posts
#93638, "RE: Damn"
In response to Reply #20

I am cooled off and I still feel the same way. I feel like I was being jerked on a chain continually and unrewarded despite consistent RP and a hella-nice PK track record. I wasn't Knacnar, but I was also a Defender, and i'd like for one person to show me any Defender which was more successful at annihilating groups headon, or racked the pk-per-hour I managed with this one.

In short, I deserved more than what I got, with what I tried to do with this PC. My role, will also show once purchased, that I was not any typical BattleRager-esque mold, I tried to push the boundaries rolewise, and really, it just showed me that what the administration deep down really wants, is those bland, stereotypical archetypes.

TMNSThu 08-Jul-10 04:19 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93652, "Look up Aciela's death thread/PBF."
In response to Reply #46

It's like a better you without the attitude.

MalakhiThu 08-Jul-10 12:40 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93634, "I think Daev nailed this one."
In response to Reply #0

So after an hour of listening to you over cb it became clear to me who was playing Illian - although this character was way more successful PK wise than any of your others that I know of.

This is my personal POV and clearly not shared by everyone, but you are the kind of guy I like having around in my cabal. I find your RP very entertaining on some levels (when you're not playing a storm giant ), levels that I wish more players (including me) delved into - in particular, you are brash and fearless, which maps very well on to an evil rager warrior. In short, if you are a Dennis Rodman type, who wouldn't want someone with Dennis Rodman's skills on their team? It also helps that I chuckle at the Rodman/OchoCinco antics.

The "problem" is that your brashness doesn't appear to be something you are able to turn off like a light switch; it extends into everything you and your characters do to the point where you start openly questioning well reasoned authority and misinterpreting situations that go against you. People can't appreciate the hilarity behind some of the things you say because you're pushing them too hard. I dunno, but if you could somehow take a step back and control your anger/arrogance response, I think you would have a lot more fun and make a lot of fun for others.

Also, FYI, the irony behind you calling out Thror and Enlilth is that they were your two biggest patrons. I couldn't give you minor rewards for some of the cool stuff you did, but you got them because of these guys.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 03:47 PM
16 posts
#93637, "RE: I think Daev nailed this one."
In response to Reply #19

A few points.

- I didn't see any rewards whatsoever in my edges, skills, powers list... so if I did receive them, they were completely hidden from me.

- We've interacted extensively with PC's in the past, suffice to say, while I do have meltdowns, I try to keep it as IC as possible. It's not as if I start calling people fagtrons in-character.

- I like playing assholes and evils now. Broader PK-range, i've upped my game, and I can safely say I play CF more for the PK than for the RP, if I want RP, real RP, i'll play a RPI.

- I never thought I was michael jordan OOCly, but Illian sure as hell did, in his mind, he was the best, and nobody ever showed me they'd be better, because ultimately, the big 'bad' guys that were running cabals, often needed to gang me down or died to me straightup.

- As for Enlilth and Thror, I really don't care how much they root for me on the sidelines, Enlilth has done this sham before, and it's not appreciated in the slightest, especially when a PC has 7 con left, and now he's guaranteed to die 2-3 times to get back a cabal icon. Along with other low con PC's, it'd have been better and more fitting to just repeat kill me.

- Lastly. I <3 Malakhi and his role and his background, I still think i'm about the only person that actually gets it :-P

DaevrynThu 08-Jul-10 04:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93659, "RE: I think Daev nailed this one."
In response to Reply #21

>- I never thought I was michael jordan OOCly, but Illian sure
>as hell did, in his mind, he was the best, and nobody ever
>showed me they'd be better, because ultimately, the big 'bad'
>guys that were running cabals, often needed to gang me down or
>died to me straightup.

"I never thought I was the best, but seriously, I was the best."

HabbsThu 08-Jul-10 09:56 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#93630, "With Mellaithdon I actually liked you as an enemy"
In response to Reply #0

Even if I looked like a toolbag in the ruins with you hiding in plain sight because I didn't know my way around there, it was good to be able to fight someone that didn't just high tail it so I can learn more about where my strengths and weaknesses were in pk.

A shame you have the jaded outlook on Thror, you don't like the mission you were put on, whatever that was, and although I have no complaints on the empowerment part I would have killed to have been able to make a good enough impression to be put on some impossible task like you felt wasted your time.

Either way, good luck with your next, and hopefully you have luck in combining the obvious PK skill you have that gets you the imm attention that others wish they could get and a role that you thoroughly enjoy that also helps the game a a whole.

HammerSongThu 08-Jul-10 08:08 AM
679 posts
#93624, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 08-Jul-10 08:27 AM

Now I enjoyed, thoroughly, some of the conversations we had. I enjoyed watching you challenge yourself behind a somewhat fickle role. Thos role didn't fit in a lot of things: It really didn't fit for Battle, or in the Noldarian Faith. Still, you were given chances to flesh your role based on several discussions we had.

I was your biggest fan because I saw the potential for greatness. Great rewards are earned. They aren't given out for being good at PK. They're given out for being entertaining with your RP. If you can back this up with great PK, even better.

Villagers were booted, based on your actions. Rules were broken based on your ambitions. A little humble-pie would taste great right about now.

This could have been a character that went down as one of the finest. Unfortunately, you crumbled beneath the pressure.

You broke one of the biggest rules of the Tablet. I fully endorse the outcome of last night. Enlilth was merciful on you.

Good luck with the next character.

I'm a little interested in the 'details' of this impossible mission. I think your imagination ran away with you here.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 03:52 PM
16 posts
#93639, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #14

Me versus Two Berserkers and a Scout, in a 9 room are? Get real here, man... it was an impossible objective, what's worse, is you offered my reward for victory, to any of the three that managed to land the final blow. It was outrageous and at that exact moment, literally drained any desire to further play this PC. Maybe next time it will be different, but I am sure to go another route, it seriously seemed like you were drunk IRL that day.

KnacThu 08-Jul-10 03:59 PM
202 posts
#93644, "Uh, really? That's it?"
In response to Reply #22

Dude, with your specs, that's not that difficult (contingent on who the scout/berserkers are).

FYI - you're not entitled to anything. Period.

You may think it's ironic that I'm saying this, given the rumors that I have a crapload of rewards - but when my pbf comes up, you'll see the truth. Don't play the game for rewards (FYI I haven't received imm xp in like 300 hours or so).

Play the game for fun.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 04:12 PM
16 posts
#93649, "RE: Uh, really? That's it?"
In response to Reply #27

You don't need it as Knacnar, you can take groups of five, I can't. The groups of three I was taking out where complete twats and idiots, suffice to say, it was two assassins and HOMARD, so you can see why i'm chaffed, because it was a no contest battle. I'd have needed RNG on my side for about 15-20 rounds, to have pulled that one off. We're also not talking about using Rites armor, where there's no +str/+dex, we're talking guys in suits with +10 str and +10 dex, that can more or less nullify anything unless I land full application. Artery + Hamstring + Hurl + Boneshatter at best case scenario is 6 rounds, and that's including a flee at somepoint to land the hurl in one. Worst case, it's seven rounds, just TO START to whittle them down. In that time, I eat two pincers, I eat 2 trips, and likely about an additional 3-4 melee hits. Couple it all together, and you're talking an easy 3-400 hp shaved off my 900 total or 50% of my HP, and that's praying I had time inbetween to actually land any techniques.

Seriously dude, it was a no-win situation. Even you would have struggled with these guys. They weren't twats or newbies.

AbernyteThu 08-Jul-10 04:36 PM
975 posts
#93656, "But based on Noldarian Faith"
In response to Reply #32

Your failure could ultimately lead to success if it hardened you or let you reflect and learn something more about yourself?!

-----Abernyte

KnacThu 08-Jul-10 04:57 PM
202 posts
#93662, "Hm, that's a little difficult"
In response to Reply #32

I can see how that would be problematic. I can think of a few ways you would be able to win, but even then, quite difficult.

Were you trying to follow Thror? If you were...dude, you need to know what you're getting into. Thror's religion is quite difficult to get a grasp on, and even MORE difficult to pull off what you want and what he demands. Sure the perks are great (I need to post that log of beating up on three nexuns, including Nghwhat's his face and Massok, using the tattoo powers one of these days).

Not sure which assassins you're talking about - kotegaeshi and kansetsuwaza would've been a bitch.

Hmm..probably aim at homard first then try to maledict the other two without getting maledicted. That'd be my best bet.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HammerSongThu 08-Jul-10 04:35 PM
679 posts
#93655, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Thu 08-Jul-10 04:37 PM

Here's where the pity party kind of ends. Moments before I put you on this task you said: "I have utterly destroyed cabals by taking out groups of people at once."

You're going to run that kind of game against the God of Hardships and expect that he won't make you prove it?

I mean drive at 75%? No way to separate your enemies? Neither party showed any semblance of strategy in that entire exercise.

That was your problem Illian - You talked a much bigger game than you could prove. Sure you were deadly against a solo, but you didn't have the slightest idea of what it was to be a Sapper. Even when I pointed you towards what a TRUE Sapper does, you kept talking about 'me, make me better, make me stronger, make me more deadly."

You weren't entitled to it because you coulndn't prove that you could grasp it and you talked beyond your capabilities.

For what it's worth: now you know what it's like to be ganged down by BattleRagers. You pulled this nonsense on non-battle members enough to get your own cabalmates booted from Battle. That entire exercise was one in humility. In short, you failed miserably at it.

Good luck on the next character. Based on your recent comments, it's clear neither your character nor the player behind it understood the objective of some of the interactions.

IsildurThu 08-Jul-10 07:35 AM
5969 posts
#93623, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #0

Who's the player here?

My interactions with Illian were few, but mostly negative. First time I killed you when you were wounded in Galadon after killing Ramant. Turns out you were hanging around just to corpseguard. You then get all whiney about it, as if I should have known you were there to corpseguard and not attacked you, then promise you're never corpseguarding a fort person again.

Second time I attack you on eastern, fail the garrotte, get arteried or hamstrung, and run off. As I'm running away you make some snide comment like, "Enjoy that."

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 03:54 PM
16 posts
#93641, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #13

What do you expect a Drow to tell some scumbag Thief who tries to garrote and instantly flees and attacks him as he corpseguards? Better luck next time, would that have been better? I mean seriously, you got hit with bleeding maledictions, just about the only thing I can hear a Drow saying is to Enjoy it. It's not as if I was ever going to kill your cautious little thieves, you don't exactly take bad matchups or try to turn fights that aren't going in your favour.

IsildurThu 08-Jul-10 04:10 PM
5969 posts
#93648, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #24

>What do you expect a Drow to tell some scumbag Thief who
>tries to garrote and instantly flees and attacks him as he
>corpseguards?

It was two separate occasions. The time I killed you in Galadon, I would not expect "scumbag drow" to get all butt hurt about how he was trying to do me a favor and I should have held off attacking him because he was guarding a corpse belonging to a cabal member.

The time on Eastern when I ran, I could see "enjoy that" as appropriate for "scumbag drow", but only so long as he's also Kostyan-level delusional. Basically it seemed like gloating. Gloating when you make someone run seems a little premature. Gloat when you actually kill someone.

>you don't exactly take bad matchups or try to turn fights that
>aren't going in your favour.

This is not accurate. Ask Knacnar. Or Charine. If anything, I attacked too many people I should have just left alone and ended up dying because of it.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 04:16 PM
16 posts
#93650, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #31

Yet never was it me unless I was near death already or fully maledicted from another fight. And don't label me as Kostyan-Delusional, making you flee is about the only thing I could do, because you DON'T stay when the fight isn't going your way. Knacnar can keep you in a fight, Charine can just tesseract, I need to catch someone who can run as good as I do, good luck with that one. You ask how many people caught me once I actually started moving, the answer is virtually NOBODY. That was something I could reasonabally COUNT on, was my ability to run and move like nobody else can.

And yeah, I did get butt hurt from you attacking me, b/c I know damn well how Fort works. Ramant tells his cabal I'm about to attack Illian in Galadon. Ramant dies, Ageryn comes to mop him up as he's corpseguarding. What else would I be doing standing over the corpse as i'm bleeding to death and at writhing? Get a clue man, it's called decency from a playability perspective. I corpseguard not out of RP, but out of being a decent person in RL, seems even this asshole has a soft bone in his body, one which you, as a toolbag, can't seem to recognize.

IsildurThu 08-Jul-10 05:42 PM
5969 posts
#93663, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #33

>Yet never was it me unless I was near death already or fully
>maledicted from another fight.

To be honest, our paths didn't cross very often when there wasn't another rager there ready to wake you, attack me, or unbind you.

Trust me: if I ever found myself in a situation where I thought I would get the time to do all the things I have to do in order to have a chance at killing you, I would have attacked.

>And don't label me as Kostyan-Delusional, making you flee is
>about the only thing I could do...

You misunderstand why I was calling you delusional. Are you really going to defend the rationality of gloating over someone just because you forced him into a tactical retreat?

>because you DON'T stay when the fight isn't going your way.
>Knacnar can keep you in a fight, Charine can just tesseract...

The times I died to Knacnar I was the one lagging him and chose to trust my fate to the RNG. Three times out of four I was the one to die.

After the first time, super-cautious-thief doesn't try that crap again against Knacnar. Me? I died another two times after the first one, then eventually got lucky and managed to kill him.

Was I the most reckless guy around? No. But I certainly did stick around in fights where I had a decent chance to die.

>And yeah, I did get butt hurt from you attacking me, b/c I
>know damn well how Fort works. Ramant tells his cabal I'm
>about to attack Illian in Galadon. Ramant dies, Ageryn comes
>to mop him up as he's corpseguarding.

I don't have it logged, but I'm almost positive Ramant didn't announce on cb that he was about to attack you. I was just lurking around in Galadon and heard the yell when the fight started. Instead of jumping in and ganging you with Ramant, I decided to let Ramant have his chance. He died, at which point I ducked into Copeham, prepped, then came at you.

>What else would I be
>doing standing over the corpse as i'm bleeding to death and at
>writhing?

Looting?

>Get a clue man, it's called decency from a
>playability perspective. I corpseguard not out of RP, but out
>of being a decent person in RL...

So do I, but I don't expect people to assume that's what I'm doing and give me a free pass. Which is to say if I kill someone in a close fight and in a high traffic area, I'm probably bailing if I know I have an enemy online that I can't see.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HomardThu 08-Jul-10 01:51 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#93618, "Oh, Illian"
In response to Reply #0

At first I was opposed to you getting a hut, but from a purely IC standpoint Homard felt that this might be his racism getting in the way and I figured that you deserved a shot.

Once you were in you largely disregarded the tablet, but were kicking ass on the mage kills. Considering how much time the non-enemies you were killing spent in the ruins it became very difficult to decide if you had crossed the line far enough.

At this point Homard is feeling like a super-racist guy who hasn't fired a black employee that he knows is stealing from him because he's afraid of being called a racist. Also, the black guy is his best salesman. But he's stealing. But wow, can he sell. It's complicated.

So, IC I totally loathed you, but OOC I thought you were awesome. I had also decided that you were simply RPing an amazing Drow. Now I'm not so sure how much of that was your personality and how much was RP, but I was pretty impressed. It reminded me of that #### Fort elf dagger spec from last year, Ilvakihj, but an order of magnitude more ####ish. Perfect Drow.

Re: Thror: You said, "you pit me on an impossible mission." Having had a couple of Thror followers now I need to point out that being given an impossible mission is part of the deal. The nice part is when it turns out to be not so impossible. Granted, what you were given was pretty nuts, but I've seen you send groups of three packing before. Then again, Homard is pretty well equipped to deal with your tactics, so again, it's complicated.

If this is the sort of character you like to play, I think you should roll up a Nightreaver and terrorize the whole MUD. It'll be the same ####, but none of your victims will have a leg to stand on when they complain.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 03:56 PM
16 posts
#93642, "RE: Oh, Illian"
In response to Reply #10

I hate prepping, which is why I tend to play BattleRagers. Anyways, you're top notch man, and against that matchup, 2 berserkers and a scout, and all of them being somewhat competent, it turned into a really lame fight. I mean seriously, all you guys were doing was tripping/throwing/pincer spamming. Little I can do against that except pray evade works. A lameass way to try and win that sorta fight. You'll also note, I would've escaped about 35 times with your chase-game, so really, on that note alone, you'd think I get something for making the three of you take about 20 minutes to kill me in an arena x5 times the size of the one near Galadon.

sleepyThu 08-Jul-10 01:22 AM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#93617, "Some observations..."
In response to Reply #0

To be honest, I thought you were a decent char. Sure, I guess it sort of sucks to find out your RP is basically your OOC emotions (though I did have this feeling when I interacted with you), but it was fine simply because you played a d-elf.

That said, you're going to have to also give that same credit to Enlilth. FWIW, from having one follower of him and one other char that laughed at his Imperial assassins and then he summoned one of them to me when I was fighting an Imperial bard so they could gang me down together, it's hard to tell if he just is RPing or acting parallel to his OOC reactions. But either way, it's acceptable, simply because he's a duergar imm king who really shouldnt give a rat's ass about what you think.

HuttoThu 08-Jul-10 02:05 AM
234 posts
#93619, "RE: Some observations..."
In response to Reply #9

>That said, you're going to have to also give that same credit
>to Enlilth. FWIW, from having one follower of him and one
>other char that laughed at his Imperial assassins and then he
>summoned one of them to me when I was fighting an Imperial
>bard so they could gang me down together, it's hard to tell if
>he just is RPing or acting parallel to his OOC reactions. But
>either way, it's acceptable, simply because he's a duergar imm
>king who really shouldnt give a rat's ass about what you
>think.

Dunno. Imms getting directly involved in PKs (summoning someone to someone else, transfering someone to someone else, waking up slept people, etc) tends to piss off players. Aren't the mortal characters supposed to be the instruments the gods use to enact their will? If they're going to get directly involved, do it with some style. Cut out a tongue. Disease them. Give them a title. Put a huge bounty on them. Send some nightmarish NPCs after them. Send your followers after them. Whatever fits the role of the Imm and the situation at hand.

Taking a cabal item and giving it to another cabal is really lame.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

kiadannahWed 07-Jul-10 11:23 PM
Member since 05th May 2010
33 posts
#93612, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #0

meh. no words about me?

this char and my last char were the only ones to fight you. ended up being alot of bleed / you running and bandaging, and running in circles and bandaging, and me just leaving because preps would be wearing off and healing. that happens alot with defenders for some reason. x.x

that being said never did die to you, with either char. prathis being my current i was sure I would, considering those 7 levels pretty much garauntees all your skills will land, you will tank me better, my skills / spells areless effective etc, if it wasnt for the fact you had ass for eq I probably would have.

Also, I wish you HAD died to me either of those two times you were close. I have managed in this chars life to get a total of less than 15 souls so far of all the kills I have done. roughly less than 25% on getting a single scrap of a soul. hehe. I could put them to use. damnit

Here is my thing with you though, personally as player of the game to player. You ganged people down, as much as humanly possible. Noone is pitying you when you get ganged. Those that normally dont gang, like myself unless another just happens to be there, has no qualms with ganging you. Especially with you being a villager. That being said, I ask you not to complain about gangers.
As far as stripping others, you have done so to others. Quite a few others, including sakilan from what he said to me in the game.
i am not upset at all that it happened to you, I see it as street justice. You have gotten exactly as you give.

As per enlilth and such, and him taking the head and all that. for some ungodly reason you were still a villager after all this time. The village as a whole put up with yuo enough to keep you one of them despite your ganging etc / complete and utter disreguard for the tablet (yes I already know rant rant rave rave defenders dont go by tablet, berserkers do etc) to get the point across, a more direct method by an imm was called for, either stripping your char of your position, or punishing you and by proxy the village.

You likely deserved punishment of some form by the imm, if you were insulting him / or being disrespectful to him. I dont care what char you have, you are a char spitting in the face of a god. Noone is gonna save you, and even if they have pity for you from char to char, the only thing we are gonna do is laugh at you man.

I cant bring myself to feel sorry for you in any of the htings you have posted. You took drow prick way beyond being evil to being downright wtf stupid on alot of things, and that is where you crossed the line likely with said imm.

IllianWed 07-Jul-10 11:32 PM
16 posts
#93613, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #5

I guarantee my gank-o-meter is at around 1.2 or 1.3. Suffice to say, 95% of any kill I got, and they are in the hundreds i'm pretty sure with this one, came 1 vs 1, or me taking more then one opponent on at a time. I SELDOM if ever ganged, and when I did, I had a solid reason. I never looted Sakilan, infact, the only PC I ever did do 'wrong' was Xarghulndur, and that's only because he was terrorizing me unrelenetlessely as a 42 level villager and I somehow managed to kill him. Since that kill, I held on to the suit a very long time, and ensured i'd do as much good with it as possible as far as ensuring people got there stuff back.

As for Prathis, I don't feel bad about ur 15 charges at all. U don't take risks, you don't get the reward. The sheer fact you're stating you didn't have a good chance against a half-naked Defender is laughable. Especially when said defender was going right at your Inner and you had a Muter in tow.

Lamery. Learn how to PK.

DaevrynWed 07-Jul-10 11:39 PM
11117 posts
#93614, "RE: Illian is dead and gone. Thanks to everyone who act..."
In response to Reply #6

>I guarantee my gank-o-meter is at around 1.2 or 1.3.

Mmmmmmno.

You're not bad, but you're a Dennis Rodman who thinks he's a Michael Jordan.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 03:58 PM
16 posts
#93643, "I'll take Dennis Rodman from you :-P"
In response to Reply #7

Considering I didn't cheat at all, or exploit gear that progged to instakill elves/wood-elves, and feed me about 100 free charges, and then have the entire area where I got that badass gear from removed ingame... I think I did alright.

DaevrynThu 08-Jul-10 04:38 PM
11117 posts
#93657, "RE: I'll take Dennis Rodman from you :-P"
In response to Reply #26

Heh. I guess that makes you a crazy ####er Dennis Rodman who makes #### up, then.

IunnaWed 07-Jul-10 11:13 PM
473 posts
#93608, "Hehe."
In response to Reply #0

You bitching about douchebags is like Heralds bitching about mudsexx0rz.
Lawl.

IllianWed 07-Jul-10 11:17 PM
16 posts
#93611, "RE: Hehe."
In response to Reply #2

Except I treated all my enemies extremely well after I mopped the floor with them. Maybe you should look into RP, last time I had a interaction with Iunna, it sucked.

TMNSWed 07-Jul-10 11:08 PM
2670 posts
#93607, "Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT"
In response to Reply #0

NT

IllianWed 07-Jul-10 11:16 PM
16 posts
#93610, "RE: Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT"
In response to Reply #1

It is RP douchebag. But just because i'm not a nice person in RL, doesn't mean my Rp was askew in the slightest. I can play a retarded storm or fire giant, or a pious knight if I so pleased, the fact is, I enjoy being an asshole and as such, my RP was topnotch. I don't care what you folks say, soon you'll be coming to me and telling me Kostyan or Ahtieli was a good RPer.

ArtificialThu 08-Jul-10 12:57 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#93616, "Long as you get to sleep at night kid. nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

ValguarneraThu 08-Jul-10 06:43 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93622, "RE: Damn! I was hoping it was RP. NT"
In response to Reply #3

The fact is, I enjoy being an asshole...

Not for long on these forums if it keeps up. Tone it down. A lot.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

TwistThu 08-Jul-10 08:17 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#93625, "Ahtieli was a good RPer. (nt)"
In response to Reply #3

HumbertThu 08-Jul-10 09:54 AM
Member since 13th Jun 2009
179 posts
#93628, "I agree, and I have pretty good reasons for wanting to ..."
In response to Reply #15

But I think overall Ahtieli's a great character. Smacked my sorry arse around when I was Humbert too.

For Illian, I already got the sense that that was his real personality showing through, if only because most people who are good RPers would simply avoid RPing such characters because they don't want to be mistaken for those characters played by real unpleasant people being themselves IC. That said, RP should be judged only on what appears in the MUD, and as such, his RP was perfectly fitting for a dark elf.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 04:03 PM
16 posts
#93646, "RE: I agree, and I have pretty good reasons for wanting..."
In response to Reply #16

Ahtieli a good RPer? Like be real here, she would word PC's out of her range who were in 1 vs 1 matchups and started losing, as the Emperor of a Mighty Empire, I really doubt an undead Lich-Lord would give a #### about anyone enough to save them unless it pertained directly to securing the Codex, which in that case, it totally didn't.

I think you're clouding his ability to PK way, way too much with his actual RP, he's bar none, the worst undead character i've ever interacted with. If you want to contest this fact, name me ONE that was worse.

TMNSThu 08-Jul-10 04:16 PM
2670 posts
#93651, "Just like you played the worst Storm Giant ever?"
In response to Reply #29

And your elves, while not the worst, weren't exactly bastions of goodness.

PS You're kinda a tool IRL.

Marcus_Thu 08-Jul-10 04:27 PM
681 posts
#93654, "darth vader leadership ftw"
In response to Reply #29

An emperor is first and foremost a leader, and should as a good leader do what benefits the empire the most. I.e. word the character, since the gain for the empire is greater than the cost (50 mana is nothing to ahtieli, since she would most likely have it all back before needing it).

A bad (from a leadership perspective) arrogant hubris emperor who neglects wording the imperial is a valid role, but by no means the only way of roleplaying an emperor.

TMNSThu 08-Jul-10 11:12 AM
2670 posts
#93632, "You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?"
In response to Reply #3

Seeing as how you were the rager version of Kostyan.

And then you say your RP was top notch and also that Kostyan had bad RP.

Do you even read what you write before you post?

It just makes me sad because I thought Illian's RP was perfectly drow, but reading your posts here you sound EXACTLY like Illian did IC.

IllianThu 08-Jul-10 04:01 PM
16 posts
#93645, "RE: You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?"
In response to Reply #18

I was not the Rager version of Kostyan at all. I had real RP behind me and structured sentences, Kostyan had virtually nothing, you'd talk to him, and it was like talking to a stone golem, no purpose or meaning to him whatsoever. I also didn't take the mold he did, Kostyan was hand/dagger and striking/fires/AND vanguard i'm pretty sure. Get your facts straight before coming here talking like you actually know something when you don't.

Just because a D-elf takes striking, doesn't mean he's Kostayn jr. FYI - My greatest kills in-game were when nothing was charged, people really overestimate how badass Striking is, it's only reliable in about 33% of fights and matchups. The rate at which you lose those charges is also MUCH higher than it used to be, it's balanced, and honestly, I could've probably got similar mileage outta something like Cry or Soul.

DaevrynThu 08-Jul-10 04:40 PM
11117 posts
#93658, "RE: You do realize how horribly ironic this post is?"
In response to Reply #28

>I was not the Rager version of Kostyan at all.

No, but if you keep at it, some day you may do as well.

TMNSThu 08-Jul-10 04:45 PM
2670 posts
#93660, "I laughed. Thanks. NT"
In response to Reply #40

NT

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93606 Previous topic | Next topic