Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Champio..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93557
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Jul-10 09:44 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93557, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Champion of the Virtues"

Sun Jul 4 21:43:57 2010

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Mellaithdon perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:350

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Cha..., HammerSong, 09-Jul-10 05:02 PM, #2
Reply This is me heaving a sigh of relief, Habbs, 09-Jul-10 05:20 PM, #3
     Reply Another tip...., Amberion, 09-Jul-10 06:40 PM, #4
     Reply No one was ever around? :(, Nnaeshuk, 09-Jul-10 11:39 PM, #5
          Reply RE: No one was ever around? :(, Habbs, 10-Jul-10 08:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Cha..., Habbs, 07-Jul-10 10:17 AM, #1

HammerSongFri 09-Jul-10 05:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93671, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Cha..."
In response to Reply #0

I really liked this character. You came to me with a very unique set of answers that gave me the impression you understood faith much more than some of my other followers had.

You also took chances as a Paladin, which I feel the class is built for. Give a Paladin two virtues and a strong set of faith-based beliefs and I feel like they can move mountains.

Unfortunately, towards the latter half of your life, you and I didn't really mesh up well in terms of time. It's a shame with characters like this because I feel like they genuinely deserve constant interaction but some of my inconsistent login times just kept that from happening. My apologies.

Good luck with the next one.

HabbsFri 09-Jul-10 05:20 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
200 posts
#93672, "This is me heaving a sigh of relief"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for taking the time to pass that on.

I actually hoped it was us not meeting up time-wise, because if it wasn't I really was worried that I was going about things the wrong way entirely.

I deleted a few days too soon. Eylar was promoted to leader and I had no idea Ageryn was so close to kicking the bucket. Pretty much no one matched up with my play times it seemed, other than some enemies, and I called it quits for my first real paladin and Thror follower just because I was bored raiding and then trying to think of something new to do. Then Ageryn passed on the next day, and empire apparently exploded soon after and now I wish I was around to get in and mix it up.

Thanks again for the feedback, I think I'd like to try another follower of yours again, but see about a dwarf this time.

AmberionFri 09-Jul-10 06:40 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#93673, "Another tip...."
In response to Reply #3

... or rather a "I told you so". Stick with the chars, even when it gets boring, the boredom NEVER lasts long. If it's REALLY boring, play a throwaway lvl 15 PKer for a week and then return to your char. Stick with it!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

NnaeshukFri 09-Jul-10 11:39 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#93675, "No one was ever around? :("
In response to Reply #3

*sniff* *sniff*

Just kidding. I liked this character a lot and tried more than a few times to get more from you (because you were on my "to be leader" list), but every time I did, I felt like you blew me off or seemed not to want to interact with me much.

Nae-nae

HabbsSat 10-Jul-10 08:37 AM
200 posts
#93681, "RE: No one was ever around? :("
In response to Reply #5

Mell struggled with how to interact with you since you were Captain one day and immortal the next. I completely didn't mean to blow you off at all, if anything when you chatted with me I typically tried to make an effort in character to avoid chit chat and buckle down and get to work kicking some evil ass like he saw you do when he was young. I probably should have verbalized it more, but I was trying for more of letting my actions do my talking, much the same as how I was trying to do Thror's religion.

But it is hard to know if any of that is coming through at all.

I liked you a lot as well, but am always not sure how much to pester the hero imms. I know you guys/gals are busy writing your areas and adjusting to an all new aspect of whatever it is you all are doing and I always think that you are probably exposed to a lot of people coming at you just because you are the only visible imm. I try to respond when you are looking for interations, but not take advantage of the time you offer to blather on asking how I am doing, what I can do better, and all that.

HabbsWed 07-Jul-10 10:17 AM
200 posts
#93598, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Mellaithdon Haeeth the Cha..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with my first real pally since not being a total newb to the game. I felt like I was a little adrift at the end there RP wise, and went ahead and deleted it instead of throwing everything at the RP wall I could to try to get things to stick and make a the character somebody instead of a pally that raided enemies, tried to get some fights, and then scratch his head and try to think of someplace to go alone since there were never any allies to do much with when he was online.

Huge thanks to Thror for empowerment. I felt like you didn't love my character by any means, but you gave me a chance to learn the class and hopefully I'll come up with something in the future that you click with.

I didn't meet up with many allies play-time wise, and those that I did with are gone. Props to Droheam and Ageryn. Wish I could have met up more times with Eylar to learn more from him.

Ckath - Was always great to fight. I need to learn when to press, and when to back off better. It was pretty much if you could lag me, you won, if you couldn't, then you had to retreat and play cat and mouse until you could again.

Illian - Damn, you are good. Even working under your self imposed restrictions you got me several times even if I was pretty close to getting you as well at times.

Paraloit - Damn those wasps.

Most other enemies I did really well against. I never fought charine really, but was curious how things would have went.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93557 Previous topic | Next topic