Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Sakilan the Bringer of Famine" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93507
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 03-Jul-10 12:08 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93507, "(DELETED) [SCION] Sakilan the Bringer of Famine"

Sat Jul 3 00:05:32 2010

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Sakilan perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:anti-paladin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So,,,for some reason I can't post from home., Minyar, 06-Jul-10 12:56 PM, #3
Reply RE: So,,,for some reason I can't post from home., Daevryn, 06-Jul-10 07:51 PM, #6
Reply BY RBW do you mean Raging Bloodthirsty Warriors? nt, Minyar, 07-Jul-10 10:16 AM, #8
     Reply Rager Berserker Warrior, Daevryn, 07-Jul-10 10:32 AM, #9
Reply So,,,I totally forgot Scion - duh, Minyar, 07-Jul-10 09:11 AM, #7
Reply APs are hard, Knac, 03-Jul-10 12:36 AM, #1
     Reply I liked the character. , Gaplemo, 03-Jul-10 11:05 AM, #2
     Reply The fight with that dwarf and the full loot that you ca..., Minyar, 06-Jul-10 12:58 PM, #4
     Reply No worries...just frustraction showing through., Minyar, 06-Jul-10 12:59 PM, #5

MinyarTue 06-Jul-10 12:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93585, "So,,,for some reason I can't post from home."
In response to Reply #0

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Sakilan was for the most part a good learning experience. I'm not going to say "fun" because a lot of folks I fought and tried against made things less fun. The village seems to be full of folks who like to lie and not worry about parity as berserkers.

Knac - I wasn't techinically "fighting" but I was spelling up Norifumi to end his life. Oh well. You were classy anyway, always have been from my experience. I can't say the same for others of your village. You do have a lot of good runners.

Rupen - Seriously..thansk for helping make the game very unfun. "I only took magical gear." Oh yeah...and your ogre gauntlets, and sash, and war machete, and ... Fill in the rest. Yet my magical gear was 3/4 of what I was wearing. Thanks for leaving my things to despoil though...cause those aren't powerful or anything. I've always loved the folks that see someone come against bad odds to try and retrieve and then loot more than half of their stuff and chalk it up to roleplay. its ok...you are a griefer. Way to bash bash bash me to death.

Goudsasc - Sac(k) of Shi() more like it. You have done so many questionable things over hte life of this char that it amazes me you aren't the one kicked out and titled accordingly. Yes..I was outside of the giant, but I had been coming back and was fighting another mage. So what do you do...bash bash. Seriously...I try to stay positive about this game, but man do you suck.

Other villagers - I fought a number of people, some of which got me when younger and I was at 1 hp (Seriously, Zasohebi...remember that time at the south gate of galadon. yeah...1 hp. Kirsly you were a hard one to fight. Swalmer - We had some good ones. Toth - Ug...either you beat me hard...or I beat you hard. There didn't seem to be a middle.

Tribs:
Eroth - We had some fun ones and I was looking forawrd to trying to cleave you a few more times.

Prathis - I think we both knew our "Friendship" would go sour eventually. You may have been telling the truth about asking others to help kill me, but in the end, asking them to get my whip is no different. I was just waiting for the right time.

maran:
Kemrin - You know your stuff, that is for sure. I got a few good lashes off and you made some mistakes. That was fun.

Voko - Your deaths caused my weapon to get new controls each time. Thanks for that.

The rest - Not remembering much...shout out and I'll shout back.

Imms:
The random snoops - Thanks for the love the few times.

The role contest _ I'd love to know if that spell did more than what I saw it do the one time I finally figure out how to use it. It didn't seem like much, but granted...I didn't use it more than once...and I could be missing the point. The other things were cool and basically what I expected to recieve since my con was so in the dumps.

Roleplayin a woman - Haven't done it more than maybe twice in my time at CF. People talk about how great the advantages are. I don't recall many. Having an aggro guard at Sirine was nice. anyway. I wrote the role around being a whore and tried to keep that RP going somewhat. Using emotes and calling men hon was the start of it. It wasn't all that difficult. I doubt I'll do it again soon though.

Ohter stuff on the class: I think the AP class is pretty cool. I had always been cautious about playing one because I thought if you lost your weapon with 15 charges you had to start over again at 1 to get your next control. Finding out that was inaccurate spurred my desire to try one. I had two decent weapons with Sakilan. One was a 15 charge whip that I lost to three maran and an imperial with a nice parting block. The other was my 17 charge whip that I lost to Rupen and Goudssac along with 3/4 of my gear in the bash bash bash marathon.

It was entertaining..but not really all that fun for much of the character. Not finding my black rod also made a big difference in the desire to play.

Anyway...keep on keepin on...and thnaks.

DaevrynTue 06-Jul-10 07:51 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93590, "RE: So,,,for some reason I can't post from home."
In response to Reply #3

>Ohter stuff on the class: I think the AP class is pretty cool.
> I had always been cautious about playing one because I
>thought if you lost your weapon with 15 charges you had to
>start over again at 1 to get your next control. Finding out
>that was inaccurate spurred my desire to try one.

FWIW, I've long thought your play style would be well-suited to the Kharghurln-style "never builds up one super-weapon but gets all the controls and kills a lot of people" A-P.

I don't think I'd have picked arial/whip for you though. Maybe duergar.

FYI, getting into a fight with too many RBWs has been the most common downfall of my many failed A-Ps.

>It was entertaining..but not really all that fun for much of
>the character. Not finding my black rod also made a big
>difference in the desire to play.

It happens to the best of us. For what it's worth, I don't think not being able to find your black pre-hero as an A-P is a breakdown in the system.

MinyarWed 07-Jul-10 10:16 AM
504 posts
#93597, "BY RBW do you mean Raging Bloodthirsty Warriors? nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

DaevrynWed 07-Jul-10 10:32 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93599, "Rager Berserker Warrior"
In response to Reply #8

So almost!

MinyarWed 07-Jul-10 09:11 AM
504 posts
#93596, "So,,,I totally forgot Scion - duh"
In response to Reply #3

Charine - Thanks for the chance. I'm sorry I didn't work out better for you and the chasm. Scion has a special place in my heart ever since Lornis. Its a tough road a lot of the time, but very fun to fight so many folks. The barrier source thing was probably the biggest let down for this char and the major con loss of learning the class. Good luck, those devils are fiendish!

Paralouit - Well...I'm not sure what to say here. You have a cool RP and presence but you have really dropped off a lot from what I remember as Cruggin. It used to be that we fought all the time and you were around a lot. now it seems like either life got really busy or you got interested in another character. Still sweet RP though.

Glastrom - Didn't really know much about you except as an enemy, and that I knew you were deadly. You still are and it was fun running around with you. I just wish you, alogn with Charine and PAra, were awake more often to run amock. oh well...such is life. Good job with the character.

Cersa - Keep going. I hope the gift helps for a long time.

Ishtavix - I really wanted to do more exploring with you. Thanks for keeping me alive all thsoe times.

KnacSat 03-Jul-10 12:36 AM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#93509, "APs are hard"
In response to Reply #0

I heard good things about you though.

That one time in the river, I didn't know you were fighting anyone else. Didn't hear a yell or anything...guess that's a bane on parity from my legacy.

Try again!

GaplemoSat 03-Jul-10 11:05 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#93521, "I liked the character. "
In response to Reply #1

I happened to see firsthand why you deleted. The hamsah guards are a pain in the ass, after a loss like that I knew you were gonna be upset, possibly delete. (heard about the death earlier too).

Damn shame, I had plans for you very soon

Good luck with your next.

MinyarTue 06-Jul-10 12:58 PM
504 posts
#93586, "The fight with that dwarf and the full loot that you ca..."
In response to Reply #2

was the straw that broke this camels back. If you are who I thought...you were fun.

MinyarTue 06-Jul-10 12:59 PM
504 posts
#93587, "No worries...just frustraction showing through."
In response to Reply #1

I had norifumi slept and beginning to get spelled up. Then you come along and bash me down and I suppose took my one charge whip. Oh well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93507 Previous topic | Next topic