Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Redgar the Seeker of Retribution, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93500
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 02-Jul-10 07:28 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93500, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Redgar the Seeker of Retribution, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan"

Fri Jul 2 19:27:57 2010

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Redgar perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:30
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:33

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Few things., Pro, 02-Jul-10 08:40 PM, #3
Reply RE: Few things., Eskelian, 02-Jul-10 11:53 PM, #4
Reply Yes, a couple paladins, and..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 02:20 AM, #6
Reply RE: Few things., colospgsbryan, 03-Jul-10 01:09 AM, #5
Reply Or..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 02:31 AM, #7
Reply RE: Few things., HammerSong, 03-Jul-10 10:13 AM, #10
     Reply On Sphere's., Pro, 03-Jul-10 10:48 AM, #11
          Reply ...'And I apologize for taking time from your vacation'..., Lhydia, 03-Jul-10 11:03 AM, #12
          Reply Pro don't apologize. Pro don't admit being wrong., TMNS, 03-Jul-10 11:30 AM, #13
          Reply Here is a mental excersize for you., Pro, 03-Jul-10 12:31 PM, #14
          Reply Wait a minute--, Hutto, 03-Jul-10 06:40 PM, #24
          Reply Rambling, Macaca, 03-Jul-10 01:42 PM, #15
          Reply As I stated. Redgar was going to be the consumate Dwarf..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 02:14 PM, #16
               Reply I don't equate Dwarf with Purity, Macaca, 03-Jul-10 02:14 PM, #17
               Reply Why are you telling me this?, Pro, 03-Jul-10 02:48 PM, #18
                    Reply Because you don't seem to get it., Macaca, 03-Jul-10 02:30 PM, #19
                         Reply What you don't seem to get, is I do get it. I know exac..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 04:16 PM, #20
                              Reply I think you both believe all this to be true and want i..., Artificial, 04-Jul-10 04:38 AM, #31
               Reply RE: As I stated. Redgar was going to be the consumate D..., Isildur, 03-Jul-10 04:46 PM, #22
                    Reply OMFG.... Dude..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 05:28 PM, #23
          Reply Elf vs Dwarf, Valkenar, 04-Jul-10 06:24 AM, #32
               Reply RE: Elf vs Dwarf, Pro, 04-Jul-10 11:27 AM, #33
               Reply Other than wood-elves v. Dwarves, cite examples please?, TMNS, 04-Jul-10 01:59 PM, #34
               Reply Having reread what you wrote.., Pro, 06-Jul-10 11:29 PM, #35
                    Reply Do you EVER support your claims with actual facts? nt, Java, 06-Jul-10 11:33 PM, #36
                    Reply I disagree, Valkenar, 07-Jul-10 07:22 AM, #37
                    Reply RE: Having reread what you wrote.., Daevryn, 07-Jul-10 08:45 AM, #38
Reply In my opinion, 2h is a lot better in the long run as Tr..., sleepy, 03-Jul-10 02:41 AM, #8
Reply That's a good point., Pro, 03-Jul-10 02:46 AM, #9
Reply RE: Few things., Tesline, 03-Jul-10 04:34 PM, #21
Reply RE: Few things., Hutto, 03-Jul-10 06:48 PM, #25
Reply I can't recall ever making it to 25 without role exp. n..., Pro, 03-Jul-10 07:09 PM, #26
     Reply So?, Hutto, 03-Jul-10 07:20 PM, #27
          Reply Doesn't change the feeling I get. :P n/t, Pro, 03-Jul-10 07:42 PM, #28
               Reply Ok, I'll try harder., Hutto, 03-Jul-10 08:13 PM, #29
                    Reply I'm aware of all of that., Pro, 04-Jul-10 02:53 AM, #30
Reply Some suggestions, Lokain, 07-Jul-10 02:08 PM, #39
Reply Didn't get you get inducted, like...today? nt, sleepy, 02-Jul-10 08:27 PM, #2
Reply Wow. What? This was fast. nt, colospgsbryan, 02-Jul-10 07:47 PM, #1

ProFri 02-Jul-10 08:40 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93503, "Few things."
In response to Reply #0

1) No role exp which I take as a negative sign.

2) And I should have gone shield.

3) No role exp. Yes I said this twice but it niggles at the back of my head as a form of disapproval.

Decided to go Trib based on Thror's interaction with me. I didn't understand what he was getting at except to take the hard road and I figured having seen some things in the spire, that would be the hard road.

Buuuuuut. I was getting ready to defend after the hire tribs retrieved and the desire to play Redgar simply left. It was like a switch was flipped.

But I gotta say, I had a lot of cool stuff happen with this guy in the short time he was alive.

Thanks Thror for empowerment, but I'm going to have to throw in the towel, I don't follow you well.

Marcatis, wtf man? I've had empoweree's with you in the past and never got that much attention. I wanted to leave Thror and go to your shrine. I didn't even think you played anymore.

Rashenta, keep on trucking noob! Glad to have fresh blood, you were a true "gnome" and easy to travel with. Sorry you lost all that gold. It came from one of the guys I killed, can't remember, but Redgar didn't use coin (After an initial sell fast durring creation) so was glad to give it all to you.

Anyway. New ideas and all that.

EskelianFri 02-Jul-10 11:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#93506, "RE: Few things."
In response to Reply #3

I don't get it. You play decent chars for like, a few days then delete. Have you ever made it to hero? Just trying playing out the character instead of deleting it after three days - it's kind of rude to the imms that keep empowering you.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 02:20 AM
776 posts
#93512, "Yes, a couple paladins, and..."
In response to Reply #4

Some rangers and warriors but once I hit the last skill or 48 I tend to stop ranking.

And I don't do many empowerees.

colospgsbryanSat 03-Jul-10 01:09 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93510, "RE: Few things."
In response to Reply #3

What I don't understand, now knowing this is you... Is how in the hell can you come here to the officials and bitch and complain you aren't getting your attention for your empowerment, then you get it and have the ####ing gull to delete so soon after. That's just ####.

Bryan

ProSat 03-Jul-10 02:22 AM
776 posts
#93513, "Or..."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 02:31 AM

You can read what I wrote there and here and understand why I deleted. I wrote it all down.

HammerSongSat 03-Jul-10 10:12 AM
679 posts
#93518, "RE: Few things."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 10:13 AM

I agree with this statement. I spent too much time (in that first interaction) trying to help you grasp my religion for you to turn around and delete shortly afterwards. That bothers me.

I was trying to get you to talk about your Sphere in our conversation - you talked a lot about you but I had to really try to pull out any discussion about your Sphere.

You seemed like you genuinely wanted to interact, so I was willing to empower you to the point where you could further delve into your Sphere and the religion: You did have a creatively good point about oil and water not mixing however.

Good luck on the next. Try not to burn the Empowerment process. It's one of those things that specifically weeds out people that can't handle A: the concept of Faith. B: the ability to stick out a character through thick and thin.

- and for what it's worth, I was on vacation and empowered you from the the sanctuary of my hotel. Daevryn's comment in the previous thread was correct.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 10:48 AM
776 posts
#93519, "On Sphere's."
In response to Reply #10

The help file specifically says, characters do not know about spheres.

With that as a base line, how does a PC talk about something he can't know?

I wasn't getting what you were wanting from me and would much rather have been told. After all we don't go to college to tell the professor what our interpretation of mathematics is.

I've always wished we standardized religion in that the gods espoused certain vitues, vices, racial stero-types that PC's tried to emmulate. As it stands now we've had a million different "versions" of the various spherical religions rather than strong... Shades.

For instance, Thror is a Dwarf god who really comes across as a dwarf, but he has elf followers which really seems odd to me given the classical base line of Elves and Dwarves in nearly every fantasy universe.

I created Redgar to be a Dwarfs Dwarf and that was where the sphere Purity came in. It seems odd to me that an elf whose concept is that of an Elf's Elf, would seek out a Dwarven god. (I understand that in or systen that might not be the only reason they seek you out)

But all this aside, I was liking Redgar right up to 5 seconds before I deleted. I felt like I had a handle on his personality (Only cussed once I can remember) but, and I don't say that this was you, I didn't have any Imm exp for a role and as someone who not uncommonly enjoys 1,500 or the occasional 2,000, that whispers to me that the powers that be don't find the character that intresting.

Without that Imm Exp I'm not a skilled enough PK'er or patient enough explorer to get any edges and truth betold, for me, edges are far and away the coolest perks in the game.

In closing, thanks again for the empowerment, I had fun and my ideas aside for religions, I think you are a great Imm and make the game more fun. If nothing else I tend to enjoy interacting with your followers rather than being one.

Pro

LhydiaSat 03-Jul-10 11:03 AM
2390 posts
#93520, "...'And I apologize for taking time from your vacation'..."
In response to Reply #11

gr

TMNSSat 03-Jul-10 11:30 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93522, "Pro don't apologize. Pro don't admit being wrong."
In response to Reply #12

Pro catch criminal cop no want catch.

Pro have partner, lose weight when partner leave.

Pro work in Hollywood. But not work in Hollywood. Not sure what Pro do.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 12:29 PM
776 posts
#93523, "Here is a mental excersize for you."
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 12:31 PM

Request #15423: Please control your dogs.

There is a double standard here.

HuttoSat 03-Jul-10 06:40 PM
234 posts
#93537, "Wait a minute--"
In response to Reply #12

Is CF still a game or not? The idea that Pro should apologize for participating in the empowerment process as it's implemented by the administrators of the game is mind-boggling.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

MacacaSat 03-Jul-10 01:42 PM
Member since 03rd Apr 2010
27 posts
#93525, "Rambling"
In response to Reply #11

While no character knows what sphere they are born under, they certainly know what is driving them through life.

Macaca was sphere Strength. He didn't know this. What he did know what that he wanted to be the Strongest in all of Thera and it crushed him when he was beaten by a foe who was Stronger than he.

If your character was sphere Purity he likely, at his age, spent much of his time feeling unclean, unworthy and hungry to change something about himself. He need not come out and say to Thror "I am impure" (though that wouldn't be terrible) but he could say "I wish to be cleansed of this taint/magic/chaos/odor/madness/weakness/feeling/whatever."

Also, if you're not understanding what Thror wants from you it's pretty much contrary to his religion specifically to spoon feed you. That said, it's a text-based RPG, and though it's unbelievably complex, it's also sometimes pretty straightforward. Thror's not about subtlety, so if you're not getting it, I figure you're probably overthinking it.

I'm also going to reiterate that it's pretty crappy to delete right after getting empowered, especially on the heels of complaining about not getting enough IMM attention. It's a two way street and if you were upset about putting in time and not seeing any payoff remember that the IMMs are justified in getting upset when they put in time and have you delete as their payoff.

And, just for the record, Thror's religion is actually about hardships. It's intentionally not easy.

I'm suffering NyQuil withdrawl, so feel free to disregard any and all of this rambling nonsense.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 02:00 PM
776 posts
#93526, "As I stated. Redgar was going to be the consumate Dwarf..."
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 02:14 PM

Hence purity.

There were other things I wasn't understanding the gist of.

And I'm not going to play something that disintrests me. Period.

It had nothing to do with Thror, but like I said, the seeds of doubt had been planted a while ago, and I just lost all intrest.

It wasn't a good character, so moving on.

Addendum: I understand your sentiment though.

MacacaSat 03-Jul-10 02:14 PM
27 posts
#93527, "I don't equate Dwarf with Purity"
In response to Reply #16

And as for it disinteresting you, the nice thing about a game as open-ended as CF is that there exists the potential to make anything interesting.

By level thirty you could be, if you wanted, just getting started. Purify the Tribunal, take the Bloodoath, fall in love with Charine. If it's not interesting there's probably something that you could make happen that would rekindle your interest. Make it your mission to make sure that The Scarab does not reawaken. Hell, Challenge Enlilth to a duel.

It's your story, take it where you want.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 02:19 PM
776 posts
#93528, "Why are you telling me this?"
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 02:48 PM

I've been playing since 97.

And the fact that I DID equate "Dwarf" with purity and you don't feeds into what I wrote about the absurdity of CF religions.

One other thing... CF isn't an RP mud anymore reguardless of what people claim. It is too unstructured for people to be able to create and act out meaningfull roles that extend beyond PK.

Now if PK were "Possible" rather than "Expected" then I might be so inclined to try different angles. As it is, nearly every role I write or read is linear and justifies why a character kills who he kills. I.E. Cabal politics.

The Imms are to soft on questionable PK's in my opinion I think and people are to quick to spin the most absurde justifications for their actions.

I believe it would be a better place if a Imm interveined immediatly in a questionable scenario rather than wait to see if it's a pattern. Because it almost always is.

MacacaSat 03-Jul-10 02:30 PM
27 posts
#93529, "Because you don't seem to get it."
In response to Reply #18

I see the forums full of your posts expressing ideas which you believe 100% to be true.

Then, as light is shed on the situation, you realize that you had misinterpreted what was going on.

I think you could be a tremendous force that would increase the fun/entertainment had by the entire playerbase if you could just step back a little bit.

For the record, I interacted a little with Redgar with my current and liked him. I think sticking it out would have been good for everyone.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 04:09 PM
776 posts
#93530, "What you don't seem to get, is I do get it. I know exac..."
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 04:16 PM

With out one iota of occlusion or confusion.

I just think a lot of people here are challenged. Despite the common desire to think of me as clueless, I am not. I just have a view point I feel is right and I will argue it.

In this case, you are telling me that I should do this or I did that, and I disagree and I gave you my reasons why.

Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

I may come across as stubbon and unreasonable, but I have a skeptical mind. If I am shown to be wrong, I'm not embarrased to admit it. But you gotta bring it because I don't got for something, "Just because".

Look what I am and have been IRL. I'm not the sort of person who caves on anything without good cause.

ArtificialSun 04-Jul-10 04:38 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#93548, "I think you both believe all this to be true and want i..."
In response to Reply #20

nt

IsildurSat 03-Jul-10 04:46 PM
5969 posts
#93533, "RE: As I stated. Redgar was going to be the consumate D..."
In response to Reply #16

I've never thought of the "consumate dwarf" being sphere purity. YMMV.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 05:27 PM
776 posts
#93534, "OMFG.... Dude..."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Sat 03-Jul-10 05:28 PM

Redgar was a dwarf. He espoused the bested traditions of characteristics of the Dwarven people... FOR.. the dwarven people. PERIOD.

That's the angle I took on Purity for this case and it worked. Which is my point. The religions are half-baked and too open to interpritation. It doesn't matter what you or I think something should be. I could write a sphere storm character that used storms to represent honor. The spheres are not needed, now or ever. They limit RP and they make for the most stupid roles to read.

ValkenarSun 04-Jul-10 06:24 AM
1203 posts
#93549, "Elf vs Dwarf"
In response to Reply #11

>For instance, Thror is a Dwarf god who really comes across as
>a dwarf, but he has elf followers which really seems odd to me
>given the classical base line of Elves and Dwarves in nearly
>every fantasy universe.

This really doesn't exist in CF. There never has been and never will be a real racial tension between dwarves and elves in CF. Once in a while someone will play a role like that because they expect CF to be like every other fantasy universe, but it's not. Elves and dwarves are very different in personality, and it makes sense for them to conflict at times, but there isn't any major, ongoing beef between them to the point where you should expect a dwarf god to shun elves.

ProSun 04-Jul-10 11:27 AM
776 posts
#93550, "RE: Elf vs Dwarf"
In response to Reply #32

Yes there has and is.

It's been a very common theme.

TMNSSun 04-Jul-10 01:59 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93551, "Other than wood-elves v. Dwarves, cite examples please?"
In response to Reply #33

Because like with mostly everything else, I think you're wrong.

If you're not, I'll admit I'm wrong.

ProTue 06-Jul-10 11:29 PM
776 posts
#93592, "Having reread what you wrote.."
In response to Reply #32

I stand by what I have written. But you and I are writting the same thing more or less.

CF dwarf/elf animosity pretty much mirrors what can be found in Tolkiens works. That's my assertion.

JavaTue 06-Jul-10 11:33 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93593, "Do you EVER support your claims with actual facts? nt"
In response to Reply #35

nt

ValkenarWed 07-Jul-10 07:22 AM
1203 posts
#93594, "I disagree"
In response to Reply #35

>I stand by what I have written. But you and I are writting
>the same thing more or less.

We are? It seems like we're saying opposite things.

>CF dwarf/elf animosity pretty much mirrors what can be found
>in Tolkiens works. That's my assertion.

I'm not really seeing it. What events or people are you thinking of? As far as I can tell there's never been conflict beyond a PC or two who added it to their roles. But I'm not sure where in Thera's history there's anything of the kind.

DaevrynWed 07-Jul-10 08:45 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93595, "RE: Having reread what you wrote.."
In response to Reply #35

I don't think the content of the game supports that assertion.

sleepySat 03-Jul-10 02:41 AM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#93514, "In my opinion, 2h is a lot better in the long run as Tr..."
In response to Reply #3

Or at least in term of outlanders that aren't evil.

ProSat 03-Jul-10 02:46 AM
776 posts
#93515, "That's a good point."
In response to Reply #8

But I like playing Paladin's more defensivly than offensivly if that makes sense.

TeslineSat 03-Jul-10 04:34 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#93532, "RE: Few things."
In response to Reply #3

Well I loved this character fun to talk to. Was kind of annoying to my character with the high ideals but was expecting that.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

HuttoSat 03-Jul-10 06:48 PM
234 posts
#93538, "RE: Few things."
In response to Reply #3

Zero role xp doesn't mean anything negative. It means they haven't read it yet.

-Vynmylak

ProSat 03-Jul-10 07:09 PM
776 posts
#93539, "I can't recall ever making it to 25 without role exp. n..."
In response to Reply #25

xfgbsdfb

HuttoSat 03-Jul-10 07:20 PM
234 posts
#93540, "So?"
In response to Reply #26

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=30405&mesg_id=30420&page=

-Vynmylak

ProSat 03-Jul-10 07:42 PM
776 posts
#93541, "Doesn't change the feeling I get. :P n/t"
In response to Reply #27

dbsd

HuttoSat 03-Jul-10 08:13 PM
234 posts
#93542, "Ok, I'll try harder."
In response to Reply #28

This is all speculation, but I think it works something like this:

The imms probably split up responsibilities with checking descriptions and roles going to lower level imms. There's probably some guidelines in place where 500 xp = not good role; 1000=mediocre; 1500=above average; 2000=exceptionally extraordinary. If you haven't gotten any role xp yet, there's a good chance you haven't been online when these Imms were checking. I've seen a few times on the Premium Battlefield where the Imm basically said "I can't understand anything about this role, but they did attempt to use the role command." and the person got 500 xp.

If you have a real role and haven't gotten any xp yet, there's a good chance you haven't been online when they were checking roles. And with only 33 hours on this character (level probably doesn't matter), it would seem that's the case.

By the way, you do know about the "score exp" command? My last character apparently got his role reviewed while I was linkdead as I never saw the echo and only later noticed the Imm xp. Suppose this is a possibility too.

-Vynmylak

ProSun 04-Jul-10 02:53 AM
776 posts
#93547, "I'm aware of all of that."
In response to Reply #29

But what I'm saying is the character just became unintresting. I didn't get any Imm exp for role or empowerment or anything. That's pretty much a first.

Irregardless, even if everything you say is true, and intuitivly I believe you to be correct. I lost intrest in the character.

LokainWed 07-Jul-10 02:08 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
#93601, "Some suggestions"
In response to Reply #3

It seems like you're always trying for things to be too perfect, and then when the slightest problem arises for you, (whether it be your perceptions as to how other should play the game or some slight to your char that was imagined or real) you delete.

You seem to play some pretty decent characters, but never give them time to reach their full potential because you feel they've become irreparably tarnished. Wouldn't it be easier to just let somethings go? I'd suggest to you that you hero a character and put in 200 hours before deleting the next time.

sleepyFri 02-Jul-10 08:27 PM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#93502, "Didn't get you get inducted, like...today? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

colospgsbryanFri 02-Jul-10 07:47 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
128 posts
#93501, "Wow. What? This was fast. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Bryan

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93500 Previous topic | Next topic