Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Jruklar the Legend of the Battlefield,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93479
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 01-Jul-10 04:52 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93479, "(DELETED) [None] Jruklar the Legend of the Battlefield, Exile of the Great Siege, Prophet of Parity"

Thu Jul 1 04:49:50 2010

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Jruklar perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:254

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KnacThu 01-Jul-10 12:52 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93485, "Dismayed!"
In response to Reply #0

I've been otherwise busy lately, but I'm baffled when I saw this. I thought that title was awesome!

You were a presence in the Village - one of the few I considered 'elders'. It's a shame this happened.

Hence, the reason why I tell every single inductee to take their squabbles to the freaking circle!

wareagleFri 02-Jul-10 12:02 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93486, "Off topic."
In response to Reply #3

But IC you're awesome.

When I read what you write OOC, it's just as awesome.

Someone, if they haven't already, should tell you how great you are for the game in game and out of game, so uhh here I am.

Wish I could do this anonymously before the Kov, because this comes off me in a kneeling position not in a great way.

LokainFri 02-Jul-10 12:56 AM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93487, "Off Topic Again"
In response to Reply #4

I wasn't around for that Kov thing, but I'm really hating this non-anonymous posting for the battlefield forum. I feel it really hurts this board.

I guess it isn't possible to bring that back?

MalakhiThu 01-Jul-10 12:24 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93484, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Jruklar the Legend of the Battlefi..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I would have voted for you to stick it out and make a legend

I wasn't around to see anything that went down, or even the aftermath for that matter, so I can't comment to the specific situation. But if you want one lowly Battle Heroimm's opinion on a much more general level, those kinds of embittering top-down enforcement situations come about when Battle characters aren't policing themselves using the Circle. I could be wrong about this, but Battle is the ONLY cabal I've played where characters are encouraged to enforce the guidelines by bashing in peoples' heads. There is such a rich and rewarding RP experience with respect to the Circle that you can't get with any other cabal (though if I ever become another Outlander leader, I'd try to instill the same tradition there ). I think it is important for Battle characters to call each other out - even when it's a minor mistake - and resolve it with blood (or the Arena if you're out of each others' range). If that happened more often, fewer mistakes would happen, fewer "top-down enforcement" would happen, and I honestly think people's Battle experiences would be more vivid and exciting.

Anyway, I liked the character overall from my limited Heroimm pov

HomardThu 01-Jul-10 08:41 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#93481, "A Terrible End for a Fine Villager"
In response to Reply #0

Logging on to find The Destructor reaming you out was not something that I expected. Most Berserkers will break parity at one time or another, usually a result of being grouped with someone who runs into battle and all of a sudden finding yourself deathblowing some poor sod while you're trying to check your affects or dig through your containers. At least in my experience. I'd like to hear your side of what happened.

But enough about that crap.

Jruklar was a great Villager and, I think, deadlier than you got credit for. I liked your Duergar RP a lot (even though I don't think you were all that 'evil') and I think you made the game more fun for everyone involved, which I think is really important. To my mind you were on the short list of people deserving a look at for Drillmaster after Droma took off.

Good Luck With Your Next. I think you're an asset to the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93479 Previous topic | Next topic