Subject: "Sarenata has returned to the wilds!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93193
Show all folders

BeroxxusFri 18-Jun-10 12:27 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93193, "Sarenata has returned to the wilds!"

I have to say, I lost total interest in the character and didn't want to leave the character sitting at a leadership spot, so deleted. 60 hour work weeks did not help either. I played Sarenata to be fairly peaceful, not hunting other players, but only fighting in defense of friends and the Fortress. Sadly, this left me with little to do. I followed Rayihnn, sphere healing, using the power of the spirits to heal and protect. That was the basic idea anyhow.

People who sought my recommendation, I tried something different. Nothing overly hard, and something to hopefully give the players thought and a chance to further flesh out their character. I hope those I spoke with found it interesting to think on.

My biggest disappoint with the character was just the lack of Imm Exp. I got 2000 total for my role entries, and 250 for answering a question on April Fools. Other than that, not a point for RP, none for Acolyte, and none for Elder. As someone who was 2 - 3 in pks, and was not a pker, it sucked for developing edges. Just the brakes this time around.

On Animist: I have to say, this is a very strong subset..well if you get to fight people in your home terrain. And they don't decide to run or stick around to long. In civilized areas, they are pretty useless. Cloud of Wasp, Gust of Wind, and Symbosis gets so watered down, and then there are spells you can't use at all, leaving you almost crippled. I have to say, while I liked the abilities, I don't think I would play this subset just b/c you lose so much.

An edge I thought would be cool to add, is one for the spell Zephyr. Allow the winds to grant you flight. Would be no where near overpowered but would be nifty.

The thing I hated most about being a ranger is loosing wilderness time so easily because of raiding. Ugh. I don't know how much time I spent just sitting around trying to build it back. If there is a way to set cabal time as a neutral or reduction, that would go a long aways.

Goodbyes...

Imms> Um..Padwei is like the only imm (53+) that I interacted with, and that was only a couple of times. I never saw anything going on in the Fortress. Whoever that 53ish Angel guy..dude..you are at a great level. GO Interact! You will be amazed the tricks you can do with 53rd+ level powers.

Raeybaer> Bad timing on my part with you and the pregancy. Guess I just couldn't find you.

Fortress

Aichi (can't remember the whole name) - I enjoyed our talks. Never understood why you weren't made a leader, outside of perhaps play time. There could be a lot I didn't see either.

Aegeryn - We spent a lot of time not being able to see each other. You keeping to the shadows, and myself lurking in the woods.

Drohaem - I have no idea why people talk crap about you. Personally, I thought you created a lot of courage in the Fortress. I know I felt we could take on a lot of fights, just with you and me. I really liked the character.

Eylar - Our brief interactions left me feeling like you are a great maran. Not only did you seem comptent in pking, but wise in thought. A solid paladin.

Herald

As a general aside, I do hope you guys understand how much you could mean to the Fortress Acolytes. A place where hope can be found!

Las (sp) - I considered you a good friend. I wish we could have talked more. I had plenty to tell you of my character, and wanted to know more of yours. Solid Herald.

Uial - A good character. I enjoyed the singing you pieced together. As someone with a ton of experience with taletell (and its other names) you do nicely with the skill!

Charlee - Didn't interact much, but seemed like a nice fella.

Nexus

I didn't interact with you guys, outside of defending the Fortress. As far as I could tell, you guys just wanted to fight whomever was stronger. There are other ways to "help the balance" in a RP manner (won't affect the game mechinic sadly). Try doing good deeds, evil deeds, instead of just killing. I know it won't actually change things, but RP can be fun.

Outlander

No names directly, but as a whole, I think my presence kept you guys from hanging at the Fortress. I would never attack you unless you refused to leave the surrounding lands.

Empire

Ckath - I liked you. I couldn't really solve you, even in the mountains very well. Only sucky thing about being an Acolyte is trying to convert people. Most wouldn't talk, but you would, even though there was never a chance. I appreciate it.

Scion

Charine - Similiar to Ckath. I was happy some of my snares and timing of them worked exactly as I hoped. You got me once b/c of that nightgaunt (and his buddies, the Bouncers of the Inn!)

Paraliout - My archrivil, at least I considered you to be. You were the sole person I would attack. Several fights, neither of us killing each other. You came close a couple of times, I know I had you on the ropes once or twice.

I'm sure there are other people out there. Drop me a line, and I will try to respond.

All in all, this character wasn't impressive to me.

Beroxxus

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Scary sweet, Swordsosaurus, 18-Jun-10 05:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: Sarenata has returned to the wilds!, Padwei, 18-Jun-10 02:46 PM, #8
Reply Re:Drohaem, Drag0nSt0rm, 18-Jun-10 07:38 AM, #7
Reply Enjoyed our talks, lasentia, 18-Jun-10 06:25 AM, #6
Reply Aww, not even a mention!, Straklaw, 18-Jun-10 04:39 AM, #5
Reply Didn't like this character at all., Pro, 18-Jun-10 01:39 AM, #3
Reply As I've said before, if Pro hated you that means you di..., TMNS, 18-Jun-10 01:55 AM, #4
Reply Awesome char!, Amberion, 18-Jun-10 01:09 AM, #2
Reply Please keep playing., TMNS, 18-Jun-10 12:32 AM, #1

SwordsosaurusFri 18-Jun-10 05:28 PM
Member since 16th May 2010
295 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93227, "Scary sweet"
In response to Reply #0

Having interacted with both Beroxxus and a few of your characters, I'm always impressed at how wide a range of characters you're great at. Because really, Beroxxus pulls some freaky scary sh!t.

PadweiFri 18-Jun-10 02:46 PM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#93221, "RE: Sarenata has returned to the wilds!"
In response to Reply #0

>My biggest disappoint with the character was just the lack of
>Imm Exp. I got 2000 total for my role entries, and 250 for
>answering a question on April Fools. Other than that, not a
>point for RP, none for Acolyte, and none for Elder. As someone
>who was 2 - 3 in pks, and was not a pker, it sucked for
>developing edges. Just the brakes this time around.

Generally speaking, I feel like leadership is a reward all by itself.
That said, I'm not sure the amount of time you spent online as
leader was worth it - and maybe that's on me for not asking
you if you had the time to commit. By my calculation, you spent a
total of 12 hours online between the time I leadered you (1 month
ago), and the time you deleted.

>Imms> Um..Padwei is like the only imm (53+) that I interacted
>with, and that was only a couple of times. I never saw
>anything going on in the Fortress. Whoever that 53ish Angel
>guy..dude..you are at a great level. GO Interact! You will be
>amazed the tricks you can do with 53rd+ level powers.

Like you, a lot of us just don't have the time.

I will say that I liked this character, and was disappointed to see
the hours drop off.

Drag0nSt0rmFri 18-Jun-10 07:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
450 posts
#93209, "Re:Drohaem"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked your character, and was rooting for you to get leadered.

It was fun in the sort of gleeful way you'd poke fun at me. I can't say it enough I really liked hanging around with Sarenta. Great char.

Though I know what you are saying when you say it wasn't impressive, you weren't in a great position as a ranger to be THE awesomest acolyte ever or something. But, you made the effort and were fun to be around, (And those 20 hp heals saved me a few times if memory serves)

Moar?

lasentiaFri 18-Jun-10 06:25 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93208, "Enjoyed our talks"
In response to Reply #0

Well, this is sad to see. I was impressed at least.

I liked Sarenata, all of our interactions were pleasant and your note to the heralds/fortress was I thought a wonderful RP angle to play up. Only regret is not getting more of them, since I would have enjoyed hearing your story and possibly letting you know a little more of my own.

StraklawFri 18-Jun-10 04:39 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93205, "Aww, not even a mention!"
In response to Reply #0

Sadly, since the BF has to be protected these days, I can't say who I was, but we ran around as lowbies for a bit. I honestly thought you were a newbie! Though, given what I remember of all your mortals...you're definately no Daevryn

Our times never managed to mesh later on, and I don't think I even ran into you after you made leader, but it was fun sucking horribly with you when we ran together!

ProFri 18-Jun-10 01:38 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#93197, "Didn't like this character at all."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 18-Jun-10 01:39 AM

You wouldn't group or help out people in need. And you were obnoxious in an interview. (I'll modify this to say "As it applied to my characters". Otherpeople may have had different experiences with you.)

I've bumped into her in a few incarnations and as a good and neutral, Fortressite and Outlander and Trib. All interactions had me wondering why you were a Fortress member.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I'm glad to see this character gone.

TMNSFri 18-Jun-10 01:55 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93201, "As I've said before, if Pro hated you that means you di..."
In response to Reply #3

Seriously Pro, you're an adult but you come across like a 10 yr old in most of your posts.

At times I almost wonder if your Dad is the Bounty Hunter and you're just pretending to be him to gain respect.

PS I thought you were moving to Hollywood and done with CF?

AmberionFri 18-Jun-10 01:09 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#93196, "Awesome char!"
In response to Reply #0

Had a bunch of fun interacting with you. Won't outmyself since the char is active. But I'm in your goodbyes at least.

Keep up the cool chars and stuff!

GLWYN

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

TMNSFri 18-Jun-10 12:32 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#93195, "Please keep playing."
In response to Reply #0

Just having you around is good for the game.

Though I do miss me some Beroxxors.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93193 Previous topic | Next topic