Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cruggin the Priest of Daevryn, Ni..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93098
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Jun-10 12:48 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93098, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cruggin the Priest of Daevryn, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Mon Jun 14 12:44:05 2010

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Cruggin perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:216

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well..thats it for this one., Minyar, 14-Jun-10 10:56 PM, #2
Reply Another good char., lasentia, 15-Jun-10 06:45 AM, #3
Reply RE: Well..thats it for this one., laxman, 15-Jun-10 10:33 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well..thats it for this one., VitriolicStream, 15-Jun-10 11:05 AM, #5
Reply RE: Well..thats it for this one., Ageryn, 15-Jun-10 11:31 AM, #6
Reply I was happy you decided not to., Minyar, 15-Jun-10 09:59 PM, #7
Reply RE: Well..thats it for this one., Daevryn, 16-Jun-10 11:39 PM, #8
Reply Sad to see you go buddy, Lylesse, 14-Jun-10 06:52 PM, #1

MinyarMon 14-Jun-10 10:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93104, "Well..thats it for this one."
In response to Reply #0

I have always been a big fan of the Shaman class. A lot of folks say you can't get kills with a shaman unless you get them with rot and I think that isn't very true. It is hard sometimes to get that final shot on a person while in the fight, but I think I faired pretty well. Cruggin was a lot of fun and made some good friends along the way. I will miss some of the folks from the tree. This is like my third outlander in a row and so it is time for something else.

Daevryn: Well...what can I say. Following you is one of the best and hardest things I've done in the game. The best part was setting those goals and accomplishing them. Doing that gave the character substance and a reason to go on. My final goal was weak and we both knew it was unlikely to happen! I should have come up with something else that would have kept me going. My time spent in the mid 30's trying to finish getting those last few kills on imperials and tribs was annoying and at the same time the best thing for this character. I was amazed at how many supplications I had perfect before I hit 40 and mostly it was due to the long time waiting for the right chance to kill folks. The only negative thing I would say was that we would go for long stretches of time that I wouldn't see you. Usually right after I accomplished a goal! Heck...I think you upped my empowerment offline for one of the goals. Anyway...thank you so much. I know sometimes OOC I disagree with you and call you a punk but I appreciate what you bring to the game.

The Savage Ancient: Thanks for the chance at reaver and the fun I had.

Lylesse: I'm going to start with you because you were a fun person to be around. I have liked you with each of my outlanders and I think you are just a solid RPer and player. I appreciated all the help you gave me from time to time and the scouting you did at times. I also appreciate the kind words. You are doing something I have a very hard time doing...playing a char past 200+ hours.

Mushga: You were probably my favorite reaver because you were around the most. I always thought you were solid and we made a nice combo at times.

Sudora: Well...sometimes I liked you and sometimes I didn't. You were definitely power-gamey in my opinion and I'm not shocked that you lost all of your things to a group. Heck...you had a pretty uber set.

Leph: I liked you...you did your own thing much of the time and I was just fine with that. We also did some fun stuff together.

Drok: Missed you when you deleted, but I said most of that in your goodbye.

Other outlanders - Good job guys, keep it up and I look forward to fighting against you in some way shape or form.

Enemies:

I tend to have trouble being calm when I get looted by folks that dont need what they are taking. I regret that and I try to do better than I have in the past. I think I did ok with this as Cruggin, but still had my moments.

Ckath - Sorry about the rot man, but I needed you to die for a goal.

Adarmar - I tend not to like your chars for a reason. I did laugh really hard when you anathed the one person who voted for you.

Krui - Man i wanted to take you down so bad, but you seem to know what you are doing, so without the right person at my side, there was no way.

Paralouit - Tough bugger. We had some great fights. You definitely won far more than I did.

Glastrom - Ug...that time on the water was horrible. I fled so poorly and you were nailing me with some of those spells.

Molo - We also had some great back and forth fights. Entwine usually isn't a big deal for me, but when you caught me i was cursed from something else and my sanctuary went down at the beginning of the fight. So that was that.

Gvantulak - I almost think you got me the most of anyone with those fiends. Man fiends suck as a fire giant.

Tribs - I fought a lot lot lot of you and we had some great ones. Most of you are gone now or not playing and so I won't say much without you responding. I just know I tended to leave your stuff if you fell as you had a hard road at times against us.

Battle - Blarg...nice long running fight we had going there.

Jruklar - You should learn something about courage. Nothing like pincering a hurt priest in someone elses snare. Never saw much good come out of you.

Knacnar - You are a beast and like I told someone else...the Imms should think about doing a contest that isn't just for warriors so you don't get another cool bonus.

Nexus - Had some good fights.

Nghihihcihg'agagsgomegaedgaegnome - Nothing like typing this name out quickly...yeah right. Ug I hated fighting you. You were a tough fight, but when you would start denting because you didn't want to fight...well, I just found that to be rather annoying. Oh well...its a skill you get, just like I had rot, and I'm sure some folks thought that was annoying.

Fwip - Man did we have some back and forth fights. I think I only ever got you with rot, which I only used to stop your regen, never thought it would kill you.

I am kind of blanking out on the rest, and i need to go to bed. Have a great time all and I'll see you around the fields.

lasentiaTue 15-Jun-10 06:45 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93106, "Another good char."
In response to Reply #2

I tend to like most of the ones you play, Cruggin was no exception, though like a lot of chars I meet I just didn't get to interact with you as much as I would have liked. Thought it would be fun to give writing lessons to a giant.

Take care, see you out there with the next.

laxmanTue 15-Jun-10 10:33 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93107, "RE: Well..thats it for this one."
In response to Reply #2

Just out of curiosity. What regen did you think you were stopping? against a foe with word, teleport, tesserect, and nightgaunt? even with few to no moves you are not going to hinder a conjies movement much.

I think you did fine as a shaman. I think you would do better if you didn't open up fights with rot or wither. Given the number of times they result in a kill and the perception of foes about the inconvenience of the skill you are going to scare more people away from fighting you toe to toe by using it. Especially when you can't lag people convincing them they can beat you if they stick around is key to landing (more) kills.

You did get me with the one rot then I just went and got a rot suit and didn't worry about it anymore. I am also somewhat convinced there is a bonus in vanguard to preventing a full rot from landing in the first place given my low saves and con and the very few times a full rot landed on me vs wasting disease.

VitriolicStreamTue 15-Jun-10 11:05 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
212 posts
#93109, "RE: Well..thats it for this one."
In response to Reply #2

What can I say? A class act, from what I saw as one of your Tribunal enemies. Even when I was getting pissed off over being full-looted, you had the decency to leave my things after I had stripped a few of your peoples.

That being said, it was kind of a one sided fight, especially after you had become nightreaver...no way to get out easily, combined with disease and energy drain turns an invoker into not very much at all, and you could always get away, leaving me to slowly suffer and die

GLWYN!

AgerynTue 15-Jun-10 11:31 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2010
30 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93110, "RE: Well..thats it for this one."
In response to Reply #2

> have trouble being calm when I get looted by folks that dont need what they are taking

So, yeah, you kinda did this to me. I was dead set on getting my "revenge" when I looted that stuff from you on eastern, but couldn't bring myself to go through with it. Hopefully you appreciated my wussing out.

MinyarTue 15-Jun-10 09:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
#93114, "I was happy you decided not to."
In response to Reply #6

Destroying Orcus would have been a fitting equal. I think though taking other things and not returning them isn't the same as a person taking your heartseeker and prayer beads. Those items can very much turn a fight against a person. Orcus is like that as well, and so if you had sacced it, well, I would have understood that. It was the other items that I didn't understand. Anyway, I got you once or twice, and you got me a couple of times. Some good back and forths.

FYI - Sometimes my ire at losing things also has to do with being ganged down or in case like yours...fighting Molo and having you jump in and seal the kill. That kind of thing really irks me as a player sometimes, and I shouldn't let it.

DaevrynWed 16-Jun-10 11:39 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#93156, "RE: Well..thats it for this one."
In response to Reply #2

>Daevryn: Well...what can I say. Following you is one of the
>best and hardest things I've done in the game. The best part
>was setting those goals and accomplishing them. Doing that
>gave the character substance and a reason to go on. My final
>goal was weak and we both knew it was unlikely to happen! I
>should have come up with something else that would have kept
>me going. My time spent in the mid 30's trying to finish
>getting those last few kills on imperials and tribs was
>annoying and at the same time the best thing for this
>character. I was amazed at how many supplications I had
>perfect before I hit 40 and mostly it was due to the long time
>waiting for the right chance to kill folks. The only negative
>thing I would say was that we would go for long stretches of
>time that I wouldn't see you. Usually right after I
>accomplished a goal! Heck...I think you upped my empowerment
>offline for one of the goals. Anyway...thank you so much. I
>know sometimes OOC I disagree with you and call you a punk
>but I appreciate what you bring to the game.

I'm glad you had a memorable/enjoyable time, at least in parts. I was pretty sure there was no way you were going to age die before you ran out of steam, but them's the breaks.

My very initial impression of this character was pretty negative, but you kept at it and turned that around in a big way fast.

You're correct in thinking that a couple times I realized you'd hit a goal and we were just missing each other, and I gave you part of the juice ahead of the next talk.

LylesseMon 14-Jun-10 06:52 PM
Member since 08th Jun 2010
63 posts
#93100, "Sad to see you go buddy"
In response to Reply #0

Was fun being able to travel with you a bit... having someone who can summon is at times invaluable, plus I knew I never had to keep an eye out for you because you definately knew how to throw down..

glwyn

hope to see you back in the tree soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93098 Previous topic | Next topic