Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Krularn the Shadow, Elite Imperial S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93043
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 12-Jun-10 02:44 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17206 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93043, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Krularn the Shadow, Elite Imperial Shadow"

Sat Jun 12 02:40:06 2010

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Krularn perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:85

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LokainSat 12-Jun-10 03:01 AM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93044, "First character in over a year"
In response to Reply #0

Decided to play something I knew how to play for my first time through again. First duergar thief, it's a pretty good combo, pwent gear made it nasty at times. I honestly think I would have had a lot more fun if I had not gone imperial, but I kinda jumped on that ship on a lark and decided to make the most of it even though Empire has never been one of my favorite cabals.

I had a lot of fun in the mid ranks, but once I hit hero range the game changed a little bit for me, and I stopped having fun. It wasn't the instadeaths from Ageryn, I was just kind of a directionless character and it reared its head at around the 75 hour mark.

The few goodbyes worth mentioning:

Empire:

Ckath I thought you were a beast, I just wish our playtimes overlapped a little more.

Molo, thanks a bunch for helping me rank. I know you were mostly doing it to practice your skills, but it was a big help. Even though you did end up stealing the kills about 50% of the time.

Pophris, I thought you were a pretty sweet shadow lord. Seemed like you ran into the same problem I did when I played a dark-elf assassin. Hero range is HORRIBLE. You're the melee master for your entire character life and then all of a sudden you're dying in a few rounds if you get caught unhidden.

Battle: Didn't really know any of you.

Jruklar, I liked our odd little "relationship". I quickly realized in the lowbie ranks that you were going to be a beast, so I tried to make some kind of peace with you. I had planned from the beginning that I would tip you off to the locations of Imperial blacks that I disliked so that you could go mash them up, but unfortunately the situation never happened. Woe is me.

Didn't really deal too much with any of the other cabals, except for Ageryn one rounding me from Fort. And Outlander being a relatively small thorn in my side.

As I said before, it's been a long time since I've played this game, and this most recent dip into this addiction pool has rekindled my interest in playing something more meaningful.

lasentiaSat 12-Jun-10 08:35 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93051, "Welcome back."
In response to Reply #1

Can't say I knew the char, but let me say welcome back.

Keep having fun out in the fields.

QuixoticSat 12-Jun-10 08:40 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93052, "re Pophris"
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the handful of people I was watching to step up among the shadows: you followed my very simple but often overlooked rules, your donations were adequate, and you were consistently wearing something other than outfit gear when I saw you.

I really wanted thieves in the hero range to deal with Ageryn, but a duergar is going to struggle against all those light/wrath attacks.

And thanks for the compliment. I had fun playing her, but I imagine it was boring to snoop her, and for most of her peers she stayed under the radar. Ho hum.

AgerynSat 12-Jun-10 09:29 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2010
30 posts
#93053, "RE: First character in over a year"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, I felt a "little" guilty about that, but I consoled myself with the thought that duergar Empire thief with full Pwent has probably steamrolled a few people in his time too, so Ageryn is just "karma".

Glad your playing again. Stick around!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93043 Previous topic | Next topic