Subject: "Deleted - Marin Reschel" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92692
Show all folders

MarinWed 26-May-10 11:36 AM
Member since 17th Apr 2010
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92692, "Deleted - Marin Reschel"

Hi guys.

I had to pull the plug. I hit 200+ hours and just couldn't keep it up. Taking an almost 2 week break did not help, either. Had I gone a cabal other than Tribunal I would still be playing. The idleness and lack of cabal dynamics and raids is just too slow of a pace for me to do. And I get so bored exploring. I'd rather gather preps than explore, truth be told.

I'll save my gripes against the Trib cabal for the gameplay thread. Like I said above, though, it just has terrible dynamics and really needs some significant changes to fit in CF. This is no slight to the players of the cabal or the immortals - all seemed like quality folks. I actually wanted to imm this character to help out with the cabal. That conversation seemed to never materialize or just take longer than I could possibly wait (and I wouldn't have been able to stick it out as a mortal for an extra 100+ hours). Maybe I'll get there in a different way.

Invoker was fun, this was my third hero invoker (Dal/Cuvitar). Learned a few other things to help me fight invokers in the future. I really liked my affinity allocation (took all 7 paths for the pk aspect). But mages just aren't for me for the most part. I need to be able to tank!

Barrier. Never found it. Exhausted so many locations. Not having barrier meant not being competitive at the top-end meant easily lost interest or died silly deaths just because I hate not trying to fight tough fights. Generic wands are ok but the timer to regather barrier was often longer than I could play in a single session. Very, very annoying. I also hate how easy it is for someone to sit on a source and not use it or simply hoard. I'd prefer to see fewer generic rods in the game but that they crumble upon logging off.

Wish I had explored dragon lairs. I had a few opportunities but they were usually around the time that there was someone I wanted to try and kill.

Twist. Thanks for the correspondence. Thanks for the tattoo. I feel like it was given on potential and I never lived up to that in doing something concrete. I guess being a cool mage with good intentions is enough, eh! I didn't mind the lack of in-char communication because I love that you play the game as a player. Wish I had killed your ranger, though.

Marcatis. Like I said, I wanted to try and help the cabal as an admin and roleplayer. Trib has potential but the current framework of rules and powers really limits the fun in PVP for Magistrates.

Lamayinn. Already said enough. You deleting really made me lose interest in playing. You were so good. I don't know how some players type and move around as fast as they do! You were just so quick in everything you did.

Ageryn. A good friend. No need to say much to you though.

Nnaeshuk. Absolutely loved you and your roleplay. I think we all expect excellent things from you in the future. Good luck man.

Massok. Superb character. One of the best Nexuns ever and just a terrific player in every aspect.

Knacnar. Bleh. Never had a chance. We were even at 1 and 1, me getting you after a Nexus raid and you catching me running to get my amber rod without my greater shield up. I dug you, even after you guys 4v1'd me in the Village when I was mad and a bit intoxicated. I think I died 4 times in 30 minutes? Wish I had logged it. Embarrassing.

Charine. Really enjoyed our dynamics and talks. Very cool/smooth/impressive character.

Ckath. You did it, bro. Congrats. Glad our deal kind of worked out, even though you later lost strange bracers before overthrowing Adarmar. Cool character. Thanks for letting me make a log of that fight. It was just too fitting!!

Luard. Heh. Good luck. I told you not to use that sword. Death by shinies.

Lyelese. Slowwind. I had hoped that would irritate you enough to actually do something. I never saw you do anything remotely risky. I can't believe how much you sit around chameleon'd just to try to pick off whoever happens to walk by. I did learn that the hunt can be called multiple times in a day! Really, though. Do something remotely non-conservative.

Molo and Cruggin. Really guys? Players like you need to not be so quick to turn into weepy vags. Cruggin, if you're always going to rot, which is fine, wtf would you complain when I stoneshatter your junk (I thought you had stoneskin up, hence why I did it, but even then, who cares)? Then to rot/damn? No respect from me, man. And Molo. I know you apologized and I think you have a generally cool character, but please don't complain to me when I take the best exotic in the game that I have no way of keeping from lagging me. K? You should expect that stuff man. Keep trucking, though, you can do good things.

Arlovskah. I guess that is good roleplay. Still, you're a bit annoying. Oh well, 1 me, 0 you.

Livling. Jento. Glad you're playing again. I miss our Entropy days together. You became pretty tough as spell evasion got better.

Nhalius. Can't believe you didn't get booted for what you did. An elf getting away with lying multiple times.

Neres. Thanks for the time and showing me a few new locations. Bummer for me I came up empty handed.

Charlee. Neat character. Well rp'd, for sure.

Uial. See above. Good Heralds are great for the game.

Dwarf-healer. Same thing.

I think that's it for now. I'll start some gameplay threads in the near future.

Thanks imms, thanks players. Keep up the good times and see you as something else shortly.

The Forsaken, Dal

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel, luard, 27-May-10 07:20 PM, #20
Reply RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel, Molo, 26-May-10 09:50 PM, #14
Reply Are you serious?, sleepy, 27-May-10 12:50 AM, #15
     Reply That's not what I was saying, Molo, 27-May-10 01:54 AM, #16
          Reply I <3 Molo /nt, Swordsosaurus, 27-May-10 04:56 AM, #17
Reply RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel, Nnaeshuk, 26-May-10 04:23 PM, #13
Reply I didn't understand you at all., Nhalius (Anonymous), 26-May-10 02:40 PM, #8
Reply Holy f I feel like Graatch here., Marin, 26-May-10 02:52 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Holy f I feel like Graatch here., Nhalius (Anonymous), 26-May-10 03:23 PM, #12
          Reply Your own fault., Pro, 27-May-10 09:50 AM, #18
          Reply RE: Holy f I feel like Graatch here., Hutto, 27-May-10 10:24 AM, #19
Reply Rot, Cruggin, 26-May-10 02:33 PM, #7
Reply No., Marin, 26-May-10 02:45 PM, #9
     Reply It's cool., Cruggin, 26-May-10 03:16 PM, #11
Reply Only ran across you a couple times as Sudora, Raman, 26-May-10 01:40 PM, #4
Reply Actually., Marin, 26-May-10 01:54 PM, #5
     Reply Well I'm glad you had fun man, cause really thats what ..., Raman, 26-May-10 02:00 PM, #6
Reply RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel, Daevryn, 26-May-10 01:18 PM, #2
Reply RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel, Ageryn, 26-May-10 01:35 PM, #3
Reply PBF purchased. nt, Marin, 26-May-10 11:41 AM, #1

luardThu 27-May-10 07:20 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
50 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92747, "RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel"
In response to Reply #0

god damned...
lesson learned (?)

greed KILLS

MoloWed 26-May-10 09:50 PM
Member since 26th May 2010
15 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92731, "RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel"
In response to Reply #0

>>And Molo. I know you apologized and I think you have a generally cool character, but please don't complain to me when I take the best exotic in the game that I have no way of keeping from lagging me. K? You should expect that stuff man. Keep trucking, though, you can do good things.

Yeah it was a really bad time for me in both RL and the game. I went off on a few people which is really unlike me, during that time. Thanks for accepting the apology. My think about the weapon and the other stuff, like my resist_cold coat thing, was that you had just beaten me even with that stuff, and you took it to weaken me further for an even easier kill next time...I think I made that point to you and you seemed to get what I was saying, but it's just not something I like to deal with in a _game_. I realize it's common practice and it's all good.

sleepyThu 27-May-10 12:50 AM
Member since 24th Jul 2007
223 posts
#92735, "Are you serious?"
In response to Reply #14

Basically you're saying that there should be no such thing as looting from corpses you kill, since you just beat them, so you can beat them again even with that gear. I hope you never looted from corpses you made then.

MoloThu 27-May-10 01:54 AM
15 posts
#92737, "That's not what I was saying"
In response to Reply #15

And it is pretty important to reiterate that this is just *MY* ideology.

I just personally don't see the sportsmanship in beating someone in a straight 1v1 fight, and doing so pretty quickly if memory serves, and then taking away some of their items just to make them even easier to kill next time. I understand completely if you are looting for other reasons, of which there are plenty. It's the idea of "I just beat this guy, and next time I'll rape his face twice as bad because I took his anti-vuln gear heh heh heh *evil laugh into the night*".

Sure no one can know why someone looted this thing or that thing, but if the player tips his hand about it, which is what happened here, that's different.

All that aside, because this really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, I thought Marin was a solid invoker. Not just because he had shield of earth up, either .

SwordsosaurusThu 27-May-10 04:56 AM
Member since 16th May 2010
295 posts
#92739, "I <3 Molo /nt"
In response to Reply #16

Molo molo, bo bolo, bananna fanna fo folo, me my mo molo, a molo!

NnaeshukWed 26-May-10 04:23 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#92724, "RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel"
In response to Reply #0

I liked this character and could (unless I was wanted) always count on you as a friend in dark times. I was really looking forward to seeing what happened with your application. Good luck in the future. You're good for the game. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do next.

Nhalius (inactive user)Wed 26-May-10 02:40 PM
Charter member
#92708, "I didn't understand you at all."
In response to Reply #0

You're too quick to judge and you take certain happenings and spin lies out of them. I'm not gunna get into it because I'm still an active char but you put absolutely no effort into interacting with me. You jumped to conclusions and even though you landed on "jump again" you mistook it for "lets spread lies about Nhalius". It didn't matter what I did or said, you would just come back with an immature comment like "SEE!!!! YOU ADMIT YOU ARE EVIL YOU LIE YOU KILL YOU ADMIT TO IT BUT ACT GOOD IN FRONT OF FORTIES" After the first dozen comments like that I gave up trying to rp with you. If you're not gunna put in effort why should I when I'm responded with "DDHHHUUUURRRR YOU LIE UR EVIL I'M TELLING ON YOU" bullpuckey.

But for some reason you acted like a saint to the rest of the Fort. I actually thought you were trying to play a corrupt trib or multiple personality or something like that. It was either that or I thought you were Krilkov or Stevers.

Maybe it was just a really big misscommunication but it looked like you were just trying to antagonize me because I broke the law. And that was just lame.

MarinWed 26-May-10 02:52 PM
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92712, "Holy f I feel like Graatch here."
In response to Reply #8

Are you seriously that retarded? I never said a word to you in game because you're an absolute moron.

I log on. Vigilance is up. Koch attacks an orc in Galadon and the orc yells. You then cast a spell on the orc, he yells again. I flag you both. You tell me it was an accident, that you didn't know Koch was going to attack. That's fine. Had you autoassisted into combat with him the orc wouldn't have yelled. So that obviously didn't happen - you had to have purposefully entered in a spell to attack. I called you out on that, then you tell me that that lie has worked before with other fool Magistrates.

Bam.

Right when you said that I knew you were a powergaming douchebag without any conviction to play your character within role. Or. You have a lying elf role. Hence my note to the Fortress about it. You said you'd lied before to get out of flags, people probably believed it because you're an Elf Fortress member, and I wasn't going to let you get any more free passes. My part was all in character. Was yours?

That's it, hombre. No miscommunication here. My poo, like Stevers, doesn't smell. Antagonize you? I've much, much more interesting things to do.

Nhalius (inactive user)Wed 26-May-10 03:23 PM
Charter member
#92719, "RE: Holy f I feel like Graatch here."
In response to Reply #10

>>>Are you seriously that retarded? I never said a word to you in game because you're an absolute moron.

Umm, yeah ya did. And it wasn't the pleasant kind words an elf usually speaks.

>>>I log on. Vigilance is up. Koch attacks an orc in Galadon and the orc yells. You then cast a spell on the orc, he yells again. I flag you both. You tell me it was an accident, that you didn't know Koch was going to attack. That's fine. Had you autoassisted into combat with him the orc wouldn't have yelled. So that obviously didn't happen - you had to have purposefully entered in a spell to attack. I called you out on that, then you tell me that that lie has worked before with other fool Magistrates.

Thanks for being a jerk and posting this. I'm STILL an ACTIVE character ya know. I only REFERED to the situation in my post. And this is a prime example of someone who has to protect their internet image. You left out a lot to this to make yourself look perfect. Bravo. You should run for office.

>>Bam.

>>Right when you said that I knew you were a powergaming douchebag without any conviction to play your character within role. Or. You have a lying elf role. Hence my note to the Fortress about it. You said you'd lied before to get out of flags, people probably believed it because you're an Elf Fortress member, and I wasn't going to let you get any more free passes. My part was all in character. Was yours?

You're such a hypocrite. Again, I'm still an active character and don't feel like posting my role right now, thanks . But I will say this, I keep it all IC baby.

>>That's it, hombre. No miscommunication here. My poo, like Stevers, doesn't smell. Antagonize you? I've much, much more interesting things to do.

Obviously you do. Have fun reading those idiot's PMs.

ProThu 27-May-10 09:50 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#92743, "Your own fault."
In response to Reply #12

You aren't being intellectualy honest either.

You are trying to protect you IC image just as you accuse him.

The difference? I believe him, and think you come across as kinda weak here and as a character.

Next time don't post a flame as an active character. Even if Marin didn't respond you look kinda silly, more so if someone defends him well.

HuttoThu 27-May-10 10:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
#92744, "RE: Holy f I feel like Graatch here."
In response to Reply #12

>But I will say this, I keep it all IC baby.

If you're trying to keep it all IC, then you shouldn't post on an OOC forum accusing people of bad RP. If that was your attempt to keep it all IC, I'd say you failed pretty miserably.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak

CrugginWed 26-May-10 02:33 PM
12 posts
#92706, "Rot"
In response to Reply #0

Rot is a wonderful supplication for a variety of reasons...the last of which being it can kill you after a long time. I use rot for reasons other than the kill over a long time. You are probably going to say its still not cool to use it. As for saying something about stoneshatter...it was more of a bah, you frustrating tribunal! That was it. The things you destroyed are easy to get back and I honestly didn't care all that much. Saying something is annoying and whining about it are different.

I thought you were tough, but I laugh at your line

"The idleness and lack of cabal dynamics and raids is just too slow of a pace for me to do. And I get so bored exploring. I'd rather gather preps than explore, truth be told. "

because you could have brought the fight out of the city much more than you did. You also seemed to like jumping in and fighting for the Fort...so I think you just got tired of the character...not the ability to do something?

MarinWed 26-May-10 02:45 PM
86 posts
#92711, "No."
In response to Reply #7

I would believe you had your next action been anything other than commune damnation to try and hit the -con. I don't think you would have tried to summon me out of the Spire and damn me after rotted the second time had I not stoneshattered you.

I love rot. I think it is a great supplication due to the lack of regeneration. It'd be great with that alone. I'm not bemoaning the fact that you used it, just that you (seemed to?) complained when I used my spells to give me an advantage. If you're fine with double standards then by all means, have at it.

Why would I chase an Outlander that wants to run and has access to the secret passages so I can't keep up? Hell, you guys get those even without the Fetish, and that's bs enough.

I grouped up with Fort once to kill someone and that was Molo in the Palace. I know Jerohk summoned you that one time but I sure didn't ask him to.

CrugginWed 26-May-10 03:16 PM
12 posts
#92714, "It's cool."
In response to Reply #9

I just don't think your take on Cruggin is accurate, but you are also an enemy and therefore your view/knowledge/opinion will be jaded. We honestly didn't fight all that much as I came into the hero range as you were taking your hiatus. I was looking forward to more fights and hoping you screwed up the way most do when fighting a shaman. You hadn't yet.

Plus - rot never got you, but yea, you gotta come fight me in the wilds to give me enough advantage, in most cases, to kill you with malediction.

RamanWed 26-May-10 01:40 PM
Member since 25th May 2010
44 posts
#92698, "Only ran across you a couple times as Sudora"
In response to Reply #0

One was when I first got bearform and didnt even have detect invis up then out of no where BAM! I got novaed, but I killed you and I see why cause you where nearly naked that time around. The next time you and Huetocal or what ever his name is the trib conjurer came to raid the tree with just me around. Killed you nearly killed him Left you pretty much everything you came with except I think a longevity and a brooch or something? Anyway it did seem a little odd you being a goodie to be in the spire I thought. I always thought the spire should not allow goodies due to them having to kill other goodies in the name of the law. Just seems to me like they should all join the fort but thats really the only cabal for a goodie imo. Anyway come back soon and try something diffrent. Remember its a game and have fun at it.

MarinWed 26-May-10 01:54 PM
86 posts
#92700, "Actually."
In response to Reply #4

I died to you on purpose. I was getting some things from Barovia and saw you there. I didn't know I could 'outfit' in the guild as a non-ghost. Heh. But yah, I was naked and without rods, just wanted to die.

The second time was a good job by you compounded by a bad job by me. I was at 400 hp with a/b/s up when Huecoatl wanted to go in and finish the spirit and you. I mistook him that you and the Spirit were writhing and thought we could finish you. Nope. Briars at the inner lagged me two rounds, then I lagged myself two more with pillar, then I fled, wtc knew that druid bearform pounced in the woods!?!, then I was dead.

I do have fun. I always have fun and I make sure other people have fun. I'm a fun guy!

Anyway, yes, we rolled the dice to try and get the fetish. Bad idea. That is the meanest inner guardian around, especially when being defended. But I can't stand players being cautious and it would be hypocritical to call out the entire Outlander cabal as being pussies if I never pushed myself to take chances. I did, I took many. Some paid off, others not so much.

Ralue, Terrakajar, and Ishiki, though, kudos to you two. I really liked that you guys had conviction and balls.

RamanWed 26-May-10 02:00 PM
Member since 25th May 2010
44 posts
#92702, "Well I'm glad you had fun man, cause really thats what ..."
In response to Reply #5

Make something up come up with a role and come back to the fields soon. Good players who have fun are always needed.

DaevrynWed 26-May-10 01:18 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#92695, "RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel"
In response to Reply #0

Short version:

Really liked this character, but I have no idea why you were in Tribunal and not Fortress.

When you were bitching about the lack of Fort leaders, what I wanted to say to you was: "You dumb ####er, you'd be my pick for Marshall but you joined the wrong cabal for some reason!"

AgerynWed 26-May-10 01:35 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2010
30 posts
#92697, "RE: Deleted - Marin Reschel"
In response to Reply #2

Doh!

MarinWed 26-May-10 11:41 AM
86 posts
#92693, "PBF purchased. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92692 Previous topic | Next topic