Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ouli the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92498
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-May-10 02:16 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92498, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ouli the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon May 17 14:15:39 2010

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Ouli perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:139

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZenMon 17-May-10 03:44 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2007
61 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92499, "Ouli's goodbyes and a few of Puldun's belated tossed in..."
In response to Reply #0

Had lots of fun with a good many names. Let me start by saying I was Puldun as well. And Kaelph. So I'm addicted to not prepping, sue me. These were my first two polearm specs, and playing Puldun and seeing the potential for the weapon inspired me to go felar for dual claw wield. And berserker for bloodthirst and deathblow. And whirlwind to hit more per dex comparison, and, finally, landslide to keep people around.

If only I wasn't so bad at pk! I think this build in competent, cautious hands would have fared better. As it was, it was good enough for this blind squirrel (me) to find a good deal of pk nuts. Probably my best to date!

I had some trouble keeping frustrations down a few times, and suffered the consequences of too fully embracing the berserker mentality as a player, not just IC. It seldom feels like you're the jackass when you feel indignant or in the right, but in the end, you still look like a jackass and it's never worth it. So I apologize to anyone who was caught in the crossfire.

That aside, my first goodbye goes, most deservedly, to Homard. We hero'd together as Puldun, went through the most in depth imm interactive questing i've ever experienced, and you tolerated soooooo much. Quite the inspiration to see you still trucking stronger than ever having experienced what you did (which is yours to reveal, not mine. )

Thror: I love man, don't think I ever expressed it in a goodbye for Puldun. Thanks for all the awesome in-depth questing, and tying Puldun, Meow, and Homard together like that. Went a long way towards strengthening bonds between players and their roles and just making things fun in general.

Knacnar, after butting heads with you as Kaelph, i have to say the Puldun and Ouli interactions were a lot smoother. You are a hard man, a strong Commander, and that's the way it should be, much respect. I learned a great deal seeing you from so many sides, and liked you more each time. I also went out of my way to never ask you for anything, knowing how much you respected self-sufficiency.

Newer batch of Villagers: Didn't interact heavily with most of you in the twilight of OUli's life. He was all about putting his nose to the grindstone and taking out as many wizards before he himself was no more. I think he killed more people that he died to, so it worked. I like what I see though.

Nexuns:

Fwipplethump: Loved fighting you, it was always about if i could kill you fast enough before i got maledicted/split in two by your devils. Classy enemy.

Tisan: I liked you. Lots of good fights, pwned your face until you heroed, then you got some of your own in. I HATE being hamstrung as a villager, and you, sir, were thankfulliy the only one who could and would do it. You had honor, and showed respect, and Ouli liked you.

Telene: Sorry about all the killing....i started feeling guilty after the third time, but then you got me so it all worked out. Have to learn not to be the one nexun straying from the flock. Too juicy a target not to pick up.

Gnome Shifters: Lots of you, all the same more or less. I won some, lost some. Won most, unless there were more of you. Sorry about gearing for con/hp late in my life, i know having a warrior take your longevities didn't make sense but I had reason.

Scion: Not really a presence.

Tribunal: Ouli wanted to destroy the spire as he saw it as a tower of wizards, run by wizards, protecting wizards. He frequently started trouble.

Arkellin: You were the squirreliest and hardest to fight after that Dark elf AP deleted. Good fights, i h8 quicksand. Sorry about that last fight, not sure if that lowbie looted you, I was just trying to get a chance to look at some things before I died/got jumped on with 50 health.

Komodo Dragon: You were the toughest one to kill. Always were up for a fight, and that was awesome. Plague is not awesome. Sorry if I got you with sneak hurl throat guildguard attacks. I know it hurts to get caught out of form as a shifter in guild. But it's so much fun to do!

Lasentia: I liked you! Ouli's only friend outside of the village, probably. It was sad when i was perma banned for killing people in the inn.

I certainly didn't list everyone i've interacted with, as Puldun, or as Ouli, so if you post I'll respond. I know I missed many village brothers who deserve mention

Now then. Time to take a break from all teh intense PK, lootzoring, and hot tempers (my own included) and play something floofy and harmless, just like old times.

Zz/Unalethekai/Alkydrion/Zalshuru/fort bard/outlander hummingbirdtiger/
/so many other villagers I should probably get a sponsor to help me stop playing the cabal /Azemaelor/Kaelph/Puldun/Ouli.

HomardMon 17-May-10 04:03 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92502, "Crap."
In response to Reply #1

First of all, I had no idea that Ouli and Puldun were the same
player, looking back on Puldun's goodbye thread, though I
realized that I did correctly peg you as Azemaelor.

That's quite a resume of awesome Villagers and I'm sorry to see
Ouli go. That said, I figure you'll be back soon enough. Or you can
try lugging around thirty potions of flight and blowfish fillets and
assorted other Stankin' crap.
Ugh.

I'd have to put Ouli on a short list of my favorite current
Villagers. And I'm sad we'll never get to see who would have won the
best of three in the arena.

How'd you like landslide as a felar?

All in all, fantastic character. Good luck with your next. Thanks
for your kind words.

BabalubaginiMon 17-May-10 04:06 PM
Member since 05th May 2010
20 posts
#92503, "You don't think you were good at PK?"
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the toughest people I've fought

lasentiaMon 17-May-10 04:20 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92504, "RE: Ouli's goodbyes and a few of Puldun's belated tosse..."
In response to Reply #1

Damn, you played unalethekai. That guy rocked.

Liked Ouli too, even when a couple times you would forget I was a herald and think I was a nexan. Usually could correct you before any harm was done though thankfully. And that last little time on eastern was one of the biggest blood bathes I have seen in a long time, had a lot of fun just waching the chaos.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

ZenMon 17-May-10 04:55 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2007
61 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92505, "RE: Ouli's goodbyes and a few of Puldun's belated tosse..."
In response to Reply #4

Lol yeah that eastern road bloodpath was pretty fun. Lots of enemies? Call bloodthirst, and apologize to those who get caught in the carnage after the wizards (or you) are dead. I think a couple of fortress thieves got caught in that one, unfortunately. The funny thing is I got away but Fwip's devil plagued me so it was die or get back to the village....i waited as long as possible, almost made it back, then Aukoza came out of Hamsah and summoned me and i died. *fistshake*

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92498 Previous topic | Next topic