Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aomano the Legend of the Battlefie..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92240
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 05-May-10 07:56 PM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92240, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aomano the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed May 5 19:53:45 2010

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Aomano perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:106

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AomanoWed 05-May-10 08:39 PM
Member since 05th May 2010
9 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92241, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aomano the Legend of the Battl..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I had this character since February, with 106 hours...I guess I just got bored, this is my second squire, my first was a terrible human, Gumash. I don't know, I got really bored with this char. But the polearm spec is pretty nice, I never really got the chance to try out my hand spec, that is my own fault I did not feel like experimenting with it. I do not really like the fact that you have to go through being a Squire to become a Maran, I just never liked the idea of having to prove yourself, I am not the best roleplayer. I have been playing for a couple years, on and off and really do not have a char anyone actually remembers, I wrote one role ever with my dark-elf Indiglard. I usually just play along, no role, no play style, I play for what I feel like doing at the time.

Everyone in the Fortress was cool, and thanks...I forget which elf healer did this...for trying to make myself stay, I was trying to find a good excuse to say I was getting bored.
I found new chars that I liked, and I did not have any time to play Aomano

thendrellThu 06-May-10 10:44 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#92276, "Just a small suggestion"
In response to Reply #1

Proving yourself can come in lots of fashion, RP or PK to varying degrees. And you might think of it as a way for them to not spend time on people that may end up just deleting out of boredom. I know it's fun to test chars/builds, but you might want to still have a role, maybe pick a random sphere, and write a roll for it that you stick to. I rolled my first bard just to try a bard, made her slowly turn into a true evil from what was more neutral at first (only picked evil so I could have a reason to try songs on anyone in PK at anytime if I felt like it) Her RP/role ended up as so much that I ended up in scion with 430 hours when the purge hit.

When you play a char that has no real role, it's hard to stay with a char for any length of time because it gets dull as hell to have no real purpose outside of perhaps a cabal related one. I'm a squire, I hunt evil is fine, but you could have some interesting and fun twists on that. It is with RP/roles that you can make human squire #765239 different from human squire #765238, which might be what helps the first one make maran and become well known while the other is a perma squire. Just a thought.

AomanoFri 07-May-10 09:26 PM
Member since 05th May 2010
9 posts
#92374, "RE: Just a small suggestion"
In response to Reply #2

Alright, thanks for that suggestion...but I am just not that big on roles, even when I made a role for my dark-elf, twisted it up a little, tried to join scions...was going good...but then I still got bored. I got some nice PKs, was fun, but the scions were never on. So I just gave up

thendrellSat 08-May-10 08:50 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#92380, "RE: Just a small suggestion"
In response to Reply #3

Well, just keep rolling along until you find a char that clicks with you that you really enjoy. Role commands are not entirely necessary, but they are helpful, especially if an Imm is reading trying to see why you are in a cabal (or looking for a reason to induct/promote you in it)

AlphaQSat 08-May-10 11:01 AM
Member since 17th Feb 2010
29 posts
#92385, "I've only written a role with three of my chars."
In response to Reply #4

One time I had a Shaman, and even he didn't have a role.. Followed Grurk. The two heros I have had didn't have a role either, Patakie and Patick. When I played with a role also I kinda got bored except for one role where I just made it a diary for him. Got the most Imm xp I have ever gotten with that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92240 Previous topic | Next topic