Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jeeco Bor the Unspoken Name, Imperia..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91828
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 19-Apr-10 12:32 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2024
17207 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91828, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jeeco Bor the Unspoken Name, Imperial Shadow Lord"

Mon Apr 19 00:28:56 2010

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Jeeco perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:176

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jeeco Bor the Unspoken Name, Imp..., Nossie, 19-Apr-10 02:38 AM, #1
     Reply Hey!!! This is not the truth!, Dervish, 19-Apr-10 03:44 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Hey!!! This is not the truth!, Nossie, 19-Apr-10 03:58 AM, #3
          Reply Totally saw this comming, myth, 25-Apr-10 05:36 PM, #10
               Reply RE: Totally saw this comming, Nossie, 26-Apr-10 01:45 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: Totally saw this comming, wareagle, 26-Apr-10 01:51 AM, #12
     Reply Tisk Tisk..., Braell, 20-Apr-10 12:28 PM, #4
          Reply Imperials can do whatever they like in the Inn, NMTW, 20-Apr-10 07:45 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Imperials can do whatever they like in the Inn, thendrell, 21-Apr-10 09:22 AM, #8
          Reply "Stealing from a Herald in the Eternal Star is not too ..., Lhydia, 20-Apr-10 08:18 PM, #6
          Reply Yeah just to back up what was said above...., Twist, 21-Apr-10 08:17 AM, #7
               Reply RE: Yeah just to back up what was said above...., MRSK, 21-Apr-10 05:59 PM, #9

NossieMon 19-Apr-10 02:38 AM
Member since 18th Apr 2010
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91829, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Jeeco Bor the Unspoken Name, Imp..."
In response to Reply #0

Same remark as Nos, was fun while it lasted. I rolled up a pickpocket thief just to counter Tissen, but by the time I was able to touch him, he hardly ever showed up, and the moments he actually did, he avoided me at all costs. (pretty much the same the way I avoided Ageryn I guess, little bastard )

I was good at what I did, really good I'd like to think , but well, in the end it's just the same thing over and over again. Sorry for the annoyance with stealing, but I either gave most of you a chance to buy the things back, or I told you where I sold them, just because I know how annoying that is. I think apart from 2 or three things, everything found its way back quickly and never stayed longer in my inventory than 1 day. Adarmar, thanks for the chance, it was pretty obvious I wouldn't get in from Enlilth after my little mistake.

Peace out, see you around

DervishMon 19-Apr-10 03:26 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#91830, "Hey!!! This is not the truth!"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 19-Apr-10 03:44 AM

I did not avoid you, I sought you and we jacked each other a few times. Then I noticed you prefer to have our meeting close to Palace and drop your inventory somewhere in safe place so you have nothing to lose. And I stopped to search for you.

And you did not offer to buy my things back with my other char (not your direct enemy, rather neutral one)

And I am sorry I stole your sword and coin that time in Arkham. After talking to you I realized I came too close to 'griefing' and kept myself from stealing anymore. But your Jeeco was a griefer for stealing sacks and other unneccessary stuff. Boo on that.

NossieMon 19-Apr-10 03:58 AM
24 posts
#91831, "RE: Hey!!! This is not the truth!"
In response to Reply #2

As I said, most of the times I offered people a chance to get their things back. Once, I even sold the Battle Head back to someone, because Empire was at 'peace' with that Cable. And yes, I stole sacks and girdles and bags and whatnot. At one time I had a fair collection of pouches of nourishment, herbs of cleansing, models of ships, ... which I gave/sold to people in the Empire. I wouldn't call that unnecessary. When I stole containers, I contacted people regularly to tell them where I dropped the leftovers. I'll admit to the fact that some people never got a chance (Massok comes to mind), but I got a personal bad feeling about those people, and well, that's just too bad then. I'm was a thief, and thieves steal. If that somehow rubs you the wrong way, do as I did, and roll a thief(in your case, another one ).

Anyways, this could go back and forth, so I'll just say that I actively sought you out, and not only close to the Palace (remember that one time where you were hiding in your Voralia guild for like half an hour, and I was running back and forth to lure you out?). Sure, I dropped my things somewhere safe, why shouldn't I? Anyways, Tissen was the reason why I rolled this one, Tissen's gone, so am I. Peace out.

mythSun 25-Apr-10 05:36 PM
Member since 01st Apr 2010
15 posts
#91960, "Totally saw this comming"
In response to Reply #3

With tells like Awww, did I hurt your feelings? Not really guy but you did manage to make off with lots of items of which you hoarded for days on end. locate object was a walk in the park to find you logged on or off. Non confrontational to the maximum so no satisfaction ever afforded. jacking orcs and stealing all their potions and boats on the ocean, then calling in every imperial in the palace plus the lower noobs to full loot, ouch! hurt feelings! Then play times drop off to nil, and delete soon follows. So I guess if you rolled a character just to fight one particular character and that character never shows to fight you then your whole existance is pointless right from the get go except to steal and hoard. I don't think I'd be alone in saying: Good riddance.

NossieMon 26-Apr-10 01:45 AM
24 posts
#91969, "RE: Totally saw this comming"
In response to Reply #10

I completely understand your point of view, but I'm actually kind of proud of that particular incident you're talking about. I *did* take some risks (it also took me 2 runs to a healer I believe because I just ate damage) to pull that off. I did indeed send a call over cabal channel to call for help, what else are you expecting? You gambled, and you lost. Actually, you were even stupid enough to not wear your girdle, and not be flying even though you are facing a pickpocket thief. That's not my fault man. That you got fulled is too bad, but do you really think I sent a tell over cabal channel like 'Hey noobs, come and loot this one?' Don't be an ass. I should probably have sent a tell to one player though, that would have been more politically correct.

That tell about 'Did I hurt your feelings?' was actually something I came up with later in the character's life, because no matter how much I tried to reason with people that I'm a *THIEF*, people still called me names every time for running/hiding/being a coward/ yaddayadda. So I found myself that particular phrase 'I only wished to steal some trinkets, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings'. Was that a nice thing to do? Nope. Did I care? Not really. I'm a thief, and an Imperial thief at that. I don't have to be nice.

I'll give you credit for not calling me the greatest roleplayer (as in: I have a fleshed out role) ever, that's probably a constant in my every character. It's not something I'm overly capable of, or wish to invest too much time in (the latter coming from playing European times, and seeing that the effort isn't really worth the return). I do *play* a role, albeit not the most original, and I do *do* (or do my best to) what people should do when playing this or that character/combo/cabal.

I would like to voice probably every pickpocket thief once again by saying that they're complelely focused on stealing, and although you could be more 'confrontational', that would most often leave them dead, or fleeing. If I wanted to be more offensive, I'd have rolled a warrior. If you really wish to do something about these kind of thieves, roll a duergar, an assassin or another thief. But please don't yell at me for waiting 1 east of the eastern crossroads spamming 'blackjack X'.

wareagleMon 26-Apr-10 01:51 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91970, "RE: Totally saw this comming"
In response to Reply #11

That tell about 'Did I hurt your feelings?' was actually something I came up with later in the character's life, because no matter how much I tried to reason with people that I'm a *THIEF*, people still called me names every time for running/hiding/being a coward/ yaddayadda. So I found myself that particular phrase 'I only wished to steal some trinkets, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings'. Was that a nice thing to do? Nope. Did I care? Not really. I'm a thief, and an Imperial thief at that. I don't have to be nice.

I barely interacted with your character. But my opinion remains the same. YOU'RE A THIEF. YOU DID THIEF STUFF. I'm always on the side of thieves regarding whatever. If you ganked, well it's because your class isn't really designed to kill people one on one. If you stole, it's because damn it, you're a thief.

Look, know that there are some players out there that understand. Players are too hard on the thief class. It's a rare niche in CF. People want originality, but then they don't. Nexus is in line with this thought process, too.

BraellTue 20-Apr-10 12:28 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2010
8 posts
#91845, "Tisk Tisk..."
In response to Reply #1

Stealing from a Herald in the Eternal Star is not too hard to do, secondly, there are rules in the Inn which include no stealing or attacking and you broke that, as an Imperial you should have been demoted. Perhaps you should have RPed a little better than saying "I'm was a thief, and thieves steal" It does not sound very Imperial like if you return or tell your victims where you put their items, everything you took should have went to improve the Empire. I didn't know your role, so I am just basing this on the one time I saw you. Hope you enjoyed the character. I had a pickpocket thief, they are fun! Even more fun when you can steal from people and make it look like it was not you! =P

NMTWTue 20-Apr-10 07:45 PM
Member since 09th May 2007
84 posts
#91846, "Imperials can do whatever they like in the Inn"
In response to Reply #4

- At least that is my experience.

thendrellWed 21-Apr-10 09:22 AM
Member since 08th May 2009
134 posts
#91854, "RE: Imperials can do whatever they like in the Inn"
In response to Reply #5

Yes they can. But they can also be tossed and banned for doing so same as anyone else. Inn sitting is not entirely safe and it's not meant to be. Lyceum maybe since not just anyone can walk in there, but that would probably be frowned upon to just keep yourself vouched in there.

LhydiaTue 20-Apr-10 08:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2391 posts
#91848, ""Stealing from a Herald in the Eternal Star is not too ..."
In response to Reply #4

You are wrong. And yeah, Imperials don't have to follow Inn rules.

TwistWed 21-Apr-10 08:17 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#91853, "Yeah just to back up what was said above...."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Wed 21-Apr-10 08:17 AM

...I'm not sure where you got any idea that the Inn was any sort of sacred ground for Imperials, but you probably better get the idea out of your head before you get pincered to death there.

Only Trib-protected cities are the focus of any Imperial Laws about stealing and/or murdering.

MRSKWed 21-Apr-10 05:59 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#91857, "RE: Yeah just to back up what was said above...."
In response to Reply #7

Well, Melememele made it sacred ground for imperials...maybe that explains. But he's long gone and so are his edicts.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91828 Previous topic | Next topic